Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: zzripz]
    #15964101 - 03/18/12 05:14 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

zzripz said:
Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:

but you've admitted that you're insulting to other members in this very
thread, and then you deny it and make this out as though there's some
moderator conspiracy against you. you damn your own case.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/15959388#15959388
Quote:

zzripz said:
The reason I am pissed off is not because people insult. I insult and am no angel --this is what pisses me off: the fact that rules exist, and yet they dont seem to apply to EVERYONE. THAT!

No, as usual your twisting things to suit yourself.

they are your words, not mine. how can I twist what you've said

Quote:

here SHOULD be a place where people can go to in the Shroomery with an overlooker who is not INVOLVED with the discussion etc, and look at the situation impartially. I believe there was something like that in the past and it got binned?

and it's not as though you havent taken that approach, went to the admins,
laid out  your case, the admins looked into it and found that you were
trying to provoke me into taking disciplinary action against you while I
remained level headed and unbiased, their finding was that you derailed a
thread, didnt like being called on it or having your beliefs questioned.
any mod can look into the BOM and verify this

in the words of the cranky texan from OTD, this aint your first rodeo

Quote:

Are you suggesting that abuse of moderator powers never happen?

where have I suggested this? where have I suggested anything other than my
behavior and your own in relation to your claims of bias and abuse of power

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineteamkiller
ghetto drama whore
 User Gallery

Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: vvitchdoctor]
    #15964259 - 03/18/12 06:00 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

i didn't read this thread much but, god damn OP you should chill.
If you can't argue and be angry in 2 paragraphs or less its probably not worth it.

--------------------

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Loc: Manchester, UK
Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: Kid_Orgo]
    #15966084 - 03/19/12 03:34 AM (12 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

Kid_Orgo said:
Quote:

zzripz said:
Well it is true--there SHOULD be a place where people can go to in the Shroomery with an overlooker who is not INVOLVED with the discussion etc, and look at the situation impartially. I believe there was something like that in the past and it got binned?
Are you suggesting that abuse of moderator powers never happen?

The support ticket system already exists. That is how you contact the owner/administrators of the site who have no interest in whatever disagreement you have. Don't like their answer? Go to another site, start your own, whatever. This isn't a democracy, this is a site owned by a person and administered by his employees.

The moderators are only here because they (the administration) thought we were good enough to moderate people without agreeing with them and do so in good faith.

Re-read the post I linked to you, Ythan took the time to answer your identical complaint in detail.

How many people have to explain this to you?

HOW many times do I have to explain your rules to YOU?

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

#15966094 - 03/19/12 03:41 AM (12 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

Kid_Orgo said:

For at least the second time (I know it got explained at least once in the thread I linked).

No one asks to be a moderator. We get chosen, and then we stay until we get sick of it.

It is a job I do for free because the shroomery was there for me when I was young and alone trying to find myself through chemicals. I do this work in spite of people like you, whose complaints fill my inbox.

MY complaints fill your box. PROVE it. Show the evidence om my complaints, you have my permission.
Quote:

The vast majority of the userbase has zero ban-points, participates without breaking rules, and is apologetic and courteous when reprimanded for occasional slips. We spend almost all of our time, however, replying to people that open up with personal insults and are immediately convinced that they are the subject of a personal vendetta whenever they commit some obvious breach of the rules.

Well I am not feeling your 'courteous' I am afraid but a disrespectful tone. I have not said I am a victim of a personal vendetta. I have read the rules of the thread, and BELIEVED that reporting them would get the person doing then not justified but warned, like I was BANNED for what WAS interpreted by prisoner as 'breaking the rules'.

Quote:

The suggestion that I'm here because I like lording it over the users is insulting and ridiculous. People like you are a chore to me. This shit robs me of whatever joy I get from helping the community I love.

I wasn't talking about you. I dont even know who you are. I didn't even know you were a moderator. What is this 'people like you' theme you have about me?? I am not even asking you for your opinion. And you are obviously enjoying stirring things up, and provoking.

InvisibleAcidic_SlothM
Acidic poly-Sided Di-slothamide
 User Gallery

Loc: ainrofilac Flag
Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: Ythan]
    #15966104 - 03/19/12 03:48 AM (12 years, 11 days ago)

i fucking love this thread.

--------------------
-- Accept my heart warming gift of TREE SCRATCHIES!!! I absolve thee!! --

JaP: 30,000 lines of gay, cock, and fag can't be wrong
Ped: only in #shroomery is "smuggle opium in her ass" followed by "i don't want shitty opium" which is followed by " *** Joins: PENISSQUAD"
--
JaP: What would this place be without random sluts?
JaP: Nothing, I tell you.

:heart: :todcasil: :heart:

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: vvitchdoctor]
    #15966105 - 03/19/12 03:49 AM (12 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

vvitchdoctor said:
:hugitout: wow.  I dunno how your people treat you, but I just clicked on this because it looked interesting.  I have known people who talk like you before - never consider the other side, always demand that everyone see your side of the situation.  The claim that you are a fair, biased person is as contradictory as any of your other claims - you hate rules, but you expect everyone else to follow them according to your interpretation.

I started to read this thread as a way to relax, but found it reminding me of so many people I can't stand and who drove everyone else away from them.  The guy that gets involved in something because other people are doing it, only to trash any enjoyment those others were getting about it because it all had to be about THEM.  It just gets tired, after a while.  I just wonder this - if you had other people to talk to, other people who accepted you as a real person, would you be so uptight here?  If you didn't fit in, like you so obviously don't, in the threads you (and others) have listed here as reference material - then why do you keep coming back?

Is there no one in the RW that is there to listen to you?  is this your last chance?  If that is the case, you might want to consider that you are the common denominator in all of these conflicts.  If people, plural, were taking your side, then you might have a case for it.  You seem to have that not so rare ability to alienate everyone that reads your work.  It sucks, having that as a superpower.  everyone here is being much nicer than they would be in RL, I think. 

I am pretty sure MyShroomery2.com is an available domain... bing wasn't able to find anything about it.  Domains are cheap, if you set it up, as the saying goes, they will come.  'course, if they stay or not depends on you.

Good luck, in whatever you do.

What the hell are you talking about...? Seriously. You have no idea about me but come here and conform to the group here. I have no respect for that and don't appreciate it. You are just trying to stick your oar in for your own self-righteous entertainment. maybe YOu chould look at YOUR self dude. I am fine.

I have as much right to be a member of the chroomery as anyone else, and I have contributed a lot of posts and been thanked for it by people both publically and privately.
I am questioning the bias rule system, which I also have a right to, and if you dont agree, fine, but please spare me your phony diagnosis, and advice.

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: zzripz] * 3
    #15966110 - 03/19/12 03:51 AM (12 years, 11 days ago)

Dude, op, let it go man. What are you really trying to accomplish in this thread at this point? You're not really doing anything except making yourself look worse.

I could wade into the debate here, but that would just pointlessly prolong this even further... Oh what the hell, Pris is right, you're wrong, and you don't understand how moderating a forum works.

:themoreyouknow:

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #15966119 - 03/19/12 03:56 AM (12 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:

they are your words, not mine. how can I twist what you've said

So now I have to explain what twisting another's words means? Even after doing so last time? Sounds like one of our 'discussion'. It means dear boy that you are using my words out of the context I meant them. Saying I dont like rules, and have insulted people in the past, and am no angel does NOT mean I do it here. If so I have asked you to find where I have called any one a cunt, full of shit, a schizophrenic who must be on drugs. If you cant do it then it means your twisting my words to mean other than I intended them to mean. Is this clearer?

Quote:

and it's not as though you havent taken that approach, went to the admins,
laid out  your case, the admins looked into it and found that you were
trying to provoke me into taking disciplinary action against you while I
remained level headed and unbiased, their finding was that you derailed a
thread, didnt like being called on it or having your beliefs questioned.
any mod can look into the BOM and verify this

in the words of the cranky texan from OTD, this aint your first rodeo

to what case do you refer?

Quote:

where have I suggested this? where have I suggested anything other than my
behavior and your own in relation to your claims of bias and abuse of power

You know if someone had just said to me in an adult understanding way. yes it was wrong for him to call you full of shit, and it DID break the rules, then that I would have respected that reponse far more than all this endless twaddle trying to justify yourselves that you can never be wrong.

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: teamkiller]
    #15966124 - 03/19/12 03:58 AM (12 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

teamkiller said:
If you can't argue and be angry in 2 paragraphs or less its probably not worth it.

it is called standing up for your self sweetheart. maybe one day it might be you, and I suppose you would welcome support rather than even MORE conformists to authority chipping in.

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: Acidic_Sloth]
    #15966127 - 03/19/12 03:59 AM (12 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

Acidic_Sloth said:

LOL

Offlineteamkiller
ghetto drama whore
 User Gallery

#15966157 - 03/19/12 04:35 AM (12 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

zzripz said:
Quote:

teamkiller said:

it is called standing up for your self sweetheart. maybe one day it might be you, and I suppose you would welcome support rather than even MORE conformists to authority chipping in.

I just read this thread a little sweetheart.
A) you have previous warnings for the same infraction.  If someone says shit to you and doesn't get in trouble for it, they probably don't have infractions on their account

b) your biggest problem is you assume the mods are supposed to be fair.  They're supposed to keep the peace.  uhm, fix your broken assumptions and the way of the forum may make more sense to you.

--------------------

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Uncanny Valley
    #15966182 - 03/19/12 05:10 AM (12 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

zzripz said:
I have as much right to be a member of the chroomery as anyone else,

This is true...of course NO ONE here has a RIGHT to be a member of the shroomery...You're using the site for free at the discretion of the site's owner, just like the rest of us.  This site is as the owner intends it to be.  If it means that you don't get treated the way you think you should, then you're welcome to leave...The owner of this site owes you nothing.

--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: nooneman]
    #15966218 - 03/19/12 05:39 AM (12 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

nooneman said:
Dude, op, let it go man. What are you really trying to accomplish in this thread at this point? You're not really doing anything except making yourself look worse.

I could wade into the debate here, but that would just pointlessly prolong this even further... Oh what the hell, Pris is right, you're wrong, and you don't understand how moderating a forum works.

:themoreyouknow:

Why does it even bother you...?

Invisiblevinsue
Grand Old Fart
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: vinsue]
    #15966222 - 03/19/12 05:42 AM (12 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

vinsue said:
This thread needs moar mods  :mod:
Quote:

Acidic_Sloth said:

.  Slothie, you should chime in on this thread again ... Needs moar Mods (only 7 so far).
Quote:

Ythan said:
Damn is this the kind of shit mods have to deal with on a regular basis? Y'all have the patience of saints, I swear. Let me know if you need someone to lock this thread.

*EDIT* . and needs moar admins... WS??, Geo , Anno, Thor, Link, Seuss,(did I miss anybobdy) ? :waits: . . . :peace:

...and OP :wtf: time for a :chillpill: and a :hug: ...:shrug: . . . :peace:

--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: Enlil]
    #15966223 - 03/19/12 05:43 AM (12 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:
Quote:

zzripz said:

This is true...of course NO ONE here has a RIGHT to be a member of the shroomery...You're using the site for free at the discretion of the site's owner, just like the rest of us.  This site is as the owner intends it to be.  If it means that you don't get treated the way you think you should, then you're welcome to leave...The owner of this site owes you nothing.

Stop contradicting everything I say--as per usual. Anyone would think your gettin paid for it. I repeat, I have as much right to use this site as you or anyone, and to raise objections to what I believe is bias as I see fit.
You have no worries because you just conform to what the moderator believes in. Plain sailing for you huh? I bet you may even get a gold star:evil:

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Uncanny Valley
Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: zzripz] * 2
    #15966264 - 03/19/12 06:20 AM (12 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

zzripz said:
Quote:

Enlil said:
Quote:

zzripz said:

Stop contradicting everything I say--as per usual. Anyone would think your gettin paid for it. I repeat, I have as much right to use this site as you or anyone, and to raise objections to what I believe is bias as I see fit.
You have no worries because you just conform to what the moderator believes in. Plain sailing for you huh? I bet you may even get a gold star:evil:

That's your argument?  "Don't contradict everything I say"??? That's precisely the modus operandi that has led you to this point.  What you fail to understand is that discussions often expose contradictory ways of seeing things...that is the point of the forums here.  If everyone agreed, it would be a pretty boring site.

If you presented your ideas in an orderly fashion with support, you would be taken more seriously and respected for it....instead, people read what you post and see nothing but wild conjecture...People don't respect that...eventually, if you do it enough...people don't respect you.

What you call "conforming" is making logical arguments.  I don't agree with most of the moderators on this forum, nor do I agree with most of the users of this forum...but I support my positions with logic and data...That tends to avoid things getting personal...Attack my logic or my data, and you don't have to attack me.

You argue from a personal standpoint...everything you say is supposed to be given respect because you call it an "investigation."  When people counter your statements with facts or data, you attack the source of the facts or data as being biased or "paid disinformation agents"...When someone accepts the conventional wisdom, they're suffering from "cognitive dissonance."

I DID present the theory that perhaps you had high levels of dopamine or suffered from schizophrenia...But I didn't do this as a counter to your argument...I did this as a reaction to a long series of posts wherein you continued to claim to see things that the rest of the people on the thread didn't see.  I even went so far as to concede that your dopamine levels might be revealing something to you that exists outside of my perception...That is neither an ad hominem attack nor a flame...

Finally, your credibility will be determined by your ability to present ideas for which you have a logical reason to believe accurate.  So far, you have only presented ideas for which you have no support...you've proven yourself to be someone so gullible that you'll believe anything.  As a result, people do not take you seriously.  You hurt your credibility more when you seek moderator protection for the slightest of attacks on that credibility.

Pro tip:  If you want to be respected and taken seriously on this site, on any other site, or in real life, present your ideas logically and with evidentiary support.

--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

InvisibleKid_Orgo
 User Gallery

Loc: Hale-Bopp
Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: zzripz] * 2
    #15966314 - 03/19/12 07:07 AM (12 years, 11 days ago)

It's like you're just skimming people's responses and responding to what you think every tenth word means.

--------------------
He was a cowboy in one of the seven days a week fights. No business, no hangout; no friends, nothing; just what you pick up and what you need.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: Acidic_Sloth]
    #15966359 - 03/19/12 07:43 AM (12 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

Acidic_Sloth said:

so far the rabid buttrape penguins are winning

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: Enlil]
    #15966371 - 03/19/12 07:48 AM (12 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:

That's your argument?  "Don't contradict everything I say"??? That's precisely the modus operandi that has led you to this point.  What you fail to understand is that discussions often expose contradictory ways of seeing things...that is the point of the forums here.  If everyone agreed, it would be a pretty boring site.

If you presented your ideas in an orderly fashion with support, you would be taken more seriously and respected for it....instead, people read what you post and see nothing but wild conjecture...People don't respect that...eventually, if you do it enough...people don't respect you.

What you call "conforming" is making logical arguments.  I don't agree with most of the moderators on this forum, nor do I agree with most of the users of this forum...but I support my positions with logic and data...That tends to avoid things getting personal...Attack my logic or my data, and you don't have to attack me.

You argue from a personal standpoint...everything you say is supposed to be given respect because you call it an "investigation."  When people counter your statements with facts or data, you attack the source of the facts or data as being biased or "paid disinformation agents"...When someone accepts the conventional wisdom, they're suffering from "cognitive dissonance."

I DID present the theory that perhaps you had high levels of dopamine or suffered from schizophrenia...But I didn't do this as a counter to your argument...I did this as a reaction to a long series of posts wherein you continued to claim to see things that the rest of the people on the thread didn't see.  I even went so far as to concede that your dopamine levels might be revealing something to you that exists outside of my perception...That is neither an ad hominem attack nor a flame...

Finally, your credibility will be determined by your ability to present ideas for which you have a logical reason to believe accurate.  So far, you have only presented ideas for which you have no support...you've proven yourself to be someone so gullible that you'll believe anything.  As a result, people do not take you seriously.  You hurt your credibility more when you seek moderator protection for the slightest of attacks on that credibility.

Pro tip:  If you want to be respected and taken seriously on this site, on any other site, or in real life, present your ideas logically and with evidentiary support.

Enlil. This thread is not about a discussion of my debating skills or lack thereof or how 'superior' yours are. It is about another member --in this case yourself--breaking the rules, me complaining and then complaining bias at a Shroomery forum. Just thought I'd let you know.

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

#15966378 - 03/19/12 07:51 AM (12 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

Kid_Orgo said:
It's like you're just skimming people's responses and responding to what you think every tenth word means.

it's more like the very gist of what I began this thread about, and have explained overandoverandover again is not collectively understood by the other members and moderators replying.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder