Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineStuntLife
Stranger
Buying from themushroompatch.com
    #1595720 - 05/31/03 05:29 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

sorry to sound like such a noob but I was thinking about buying the mega kit from www.themushroompatch.com, does anybody have any experience with them or can give me any helpful tips? Are they trustworthy? I know this is such a noob question but any info would help, thanks a bunch!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefugu
Pooh-Bah

Loc: istanbul
Re: Buying from themushroompatch.com [Re: StuntLife]
    #1595733 - 05/31/03 06:01 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

they look so..

--------------------
mushroom culture history making ...Mr. Allan is the best .....

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
Re: Buying from themushroompatch.com [Re: fugu]
    #1595794 - 05/31/03 07:49 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

i believe that is the dreaded spore trading post...run by the keeper.
avoid this man...he prays on unsuspecting newbs as your self...
$475???!!! thats horendous...you can grow with as little as $50 let alone $475
do not do biz with this man.

suggestion:
buy a large pressure cooker (about $150...maybe $75 on ebay)
a vicks coolmist humidifier ($5 on ebay)
a small greenhouse

read a few teks....
...you'll be set with a fat crop of mushroomz and a hell of alot of money you saved by not buying from the kreeper/sporetradingpost/stp/all the other websites he runs....

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

Invisiblejtseaweed
Stranger

Loc: in the middle of everywhe...
Re: Buying from themushroompatch.com [Re: 40oz]
    #1595828 - 05/31/03 08:44 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

For 200 you could have a NICE setup going. There should be a spot in thee faq as to why people should not buy kits and point the newb in the direction of the pf tek.

--------------------

buisness is kickin yo butt

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Buying from themushroompatch.com [Re: jtseaweed]
    #1595876 - 05/31/03 09:18 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

>There should be a spot in thee faq as to why people should not buy kits

Hmmm....

It?s people?s choice really. And if they managed to make it to the shroomery cultivation faq, then they learn the other ways of growing than a kit.
So this would really be pointless.

OfflineRipjohnnyc
ninja
 User Gallery
Re: Buying from themushroompatch.com [Re: Anno]
    #18413080 - 06/13/13 11:09 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

i know this is an old post, but it might be helpful to other canadians thinking about buying from this guy.  DON"T.  I placed an order for some supplies on May 23rd, and have been trying to get in contact with him via email and phone.  Emails don't get answered, phone doesn't get picked up and voicemail is full.  He just took my money and ran, I am disputing it right now.  Just a huge waste of time.

--------------------
Check out my trade list :smile: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18693312

OfflineMosey3012
 User Gallery

Re: Buying from themushroompatch.com [Re: Ripjohnnyc]
    #18413190 - 06/13/13 11:45 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

EDIT - FUCK I need to get better at checking the post dates on shit. God damn ridiculous i tell ya.

I got a 23 quart presto pressure cooker (fits 10 1 quart wide mouth jars) from a local store for 70 bucks brand new. Id suggest checking online at some of your local supermarkets as that's how i got the deal on mine. Couldn't turn that down! Got more space then I know what to do with. Last one i had only fit 3 standing and a single 1/2 pint WM jar on top of each of those, what a fucking pain.

Don't waste your money on a kit. The jars (10 bucks), brown rice flour (4 bucks), verm (5 bucks) and tin foil (3 bucks) with the use of a regular steam sterilization would supply you with more mushrooms then that kit will grow. You're paying someone to go gather some shit from their local store and sell it to u on a huge profit. Bump that, if ur serious about wanting to learn and grow just spend half of what you would on that and keep it local. You wont regret it.

Spend a week or 2 just drowning yourself in the tried and proven teks here and things will work out just fine. Best of luck

Mosey

--------------------

"Each of these lives is the right one! Every path is the right path. Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning"

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost"

Edited by Mosey3012 (06/13/13 11:46 AM)

OfflinePrinceShroom
Experienced Mofo
Male User Gallery

Loc: Aiel Waste
Re: Buying from themushroompatch.com [Re: Mosey3012]
    #18413223 - 06/13/13 11:57 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

I couldnt find the exact kit you mentioned the mega kit but the high end kit doesnt come with alot and its really expensive even tho it does include a medium sized pc

MES DELUXE KIT - Grow almost any mushrooms...Indoors or Outdoors!
Incubator
Glovebox
4 INCLUDED W/Kit : Extra Spawn Bags (12)
Organic Rye Grain: Rye Grain - 10 lbs
1  $548.00  $548.00 
Shipping & Handling: $54.80

Total: $602.80

Your much better off buying everything yourself and DIY.  Mushroom growing is DIY there arent alot of stuff you can buy pre made and its usually expensive.  I see flowhoods going for $1500.  Mine cost $400 to build the savings of doing it yourself are more than worth it.

GL

They are offering a 16-18q PC for about $100 it took me forever and was such a PITA to find a canadian retailer of larger PC`s.  I had to have someone in the states get it shipped to them then reship it to me.  It was such a Pain In The Ass

--------------------
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Need help? Feel free to :pm: me.

Edited by PrinceShroom (06/13/13 12:00 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals