Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Syrian Rue, Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSombie
Moonrock eater

Loc: Stafford, Virginia
When it is time to call 911
    #1595178 - 05/31/03 12:17 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Lets make a serious list, of when doing drugs (anydrug) what are the SURE SIGNS that you better not even worry about getting in trouble and just call 911 before you die.

(1) Start to vommit up blood.

I dunno for sure, but that seems like a good reason

--------------------
"America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable." - Hunter S Thompson

Check out Agio

Follow my NFL Blog

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Re: When it is time to call 911 [Re: Sombie]
    #1595234 - 05/31/03 12:52 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Fucked pulse/breathing while passed out.

OfflineIntheneed
Level 5--beenthere done that.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Spirit Ditch
Re: When it is time to call 911 [Re: DailyPot]
    #1595328 - 05/31/03 01:42 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

poison control tells you-- "that dose is lethal"
plain old feel like your dying.
face is turning blue or purple?

OfflineSombie
Moonrock eater

Loc: Stafford, Virginia
Re: When it is time to call 911 [Re: Intheneed]
    #1595492 - 05/31/03 03:00 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I wouldn't call 911 if I "felt" like I was dying, on a bad trip you can easily think your dying.

--------------------
"America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable." - Hunter S Thompson

Check out Agio

Follow my NFL Blog

Offlinesuperfine
Driter

Loc: My Home Roams
    #1595570 - 05/31/03 03:44 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I always hate this one. One day I had a weird ass experience. Long story short i started twitching, turned white, couldn't respond well to my friends and flopped right over when i tried to walk and this was only from smoking pot (I had smoked up maaaany times before and after never having a problem like it). All my friends who were toking the same reefer as me had no problems. They were sooooo close to calling an ambulance. I kept telling them i was fine but they didn't beleive me (I looked up at my best friend of years and said "who's this guy"). Very soon after I started feeling fine again. I would have been fucked if they called the ambulance but maybey they should have. Someone telling you they are fine is not always an indicator though.

--------------------
Go through the orange yesterday

I watched intently for a while to both sides, infront of me and behind me.
I was impressed to learn there was another way to look... UP!
More impressive still was the fact that there were beautiful stars in this direction
Most amazing fact of all was the prospect of another direction when I was done with up. DOWN! Which, based on the feel through my toes would be a fine sandy beach!

OfflineShamanSean
the MilitantMind

Loc: CA, USA, the Bay Area
Re: When it is time to call 911 [Re: superfine]
    #1595682 - 05/31/03 05:27 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

hopefully u didnt drop ne names right. If thats the case u should b coo, and have nuthin to worry bout ur self, otherwise shit wat can ne one really say u take a risk doin this.

--------------------
"So take my advice and dont quit. Cuz if u do, you wont get shit - bitch! "

-Too Short

OfflineIntheneed
Level 5--beenthere done that.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Spirit Ditch
    #1595824 - 05/31/03 10:39 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

I wouldn't call 911 if I "felt" like I was dying, on a bad trip you can easily think your dying.

well I meant if its a drug that can actually kill you..

OfflineAsanteA
light your candle on my love
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
    #1596085 - 05/31/03 01:14 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

When someone drops to the floor and starts shaking-shocking-jerking his limbs and is unresponsive it's time. (epileptiform seizures) this may be on one side of the body only.

when this happens in a series of convulsions-stillness-convulsions-stillness... there's high danger (status epilepticus) of irreperable brain damage.

When the first happens to such a degree the body is tossed about and you hear tearing and snapping sounds you're likely too late. (severe clonic convulsions)

When somebody starts bleeding from the ass, vagina, eyes or ears call ASAP.

Using drugs during pregnancy is highly dangerous, but the stresses of tripping may cause miscarriage, either acute or in the throes of the LSD blast.

When somebody is unconscious and has no reflexes (like trying to shut an eye held open while blowing air in strongly) it's time to test the ultimate reflex and that is to pinch the earlobe with the nails until drawing blood. NO unconsciousness is good, being non-rousable is 911 time but no reflexes means acute mortal danger.

IS HE BREATHING? If there is some it might need augumentation, if there is none you may be too late. If one has done heroin and upon opening the eyes one sees wide pupils oxygen-deprivation braindamage is being done: the final stage of asphyxiation. If there is no breath there may not be a heartbeat which means he's fucked if you don't know first aid.

If one is slightly rousable keep the person awake by walking him between 2 persons or bitchslapping his face every now & then. Sbd. who can stay awake, if only barely, sometimes has a fighting chance against unconsciousness or respiratory trouble. Strong coffee may help in the case of heroin.

should one shoot up smack and immediately collapse it is likely due to a fentanyl analogue which may indicate multiple lethal OD (fentanyls cause most Narcotics deaths). immediately give artificial respiration & 911 (europe: 112) right away.

If one develops severe eye pain or even a swelling of the eyes (especially with pupil-dilating drugs, notoriously Datura but theoretically psychedelics too) it's 911 time too. This signals an acute glaucoma attack triggered by the drug. If the situation allows it administer a strong hit of cannabis as this is a very good decreaser of eyepressure. really strong eyepain, especially in somebody new to a drug = 911. Do not wait for the eyes to protrude out of their sockets as sometimes is the case: severe eyepain due to an acute, strong glaucoma attack might cause permanent blindness. Since everything imaginable has been hurled at psychedelix this almost never happens, but Atropine/Hyoscyamine/Scopolamine are notorious for it.

If one experiences a strong bad trip administer a benzodiazepine. You should always have some on hand when you trip. Benzos usually come in strips of full strenght (equiv. of 5mg valium) and double strength (10-25mg valium equiv.)
use 4 fullstrength or 2 double strength. If you do not know the strenght you're a dumbass, but 2 tabs of even heman strength benzo's generally do not harm, unless one has used downers, alcohol or much marijuana.
The 3 most common ones:
XANAX: 0.25 and 0.5mg tabs. Take 0.5-1.5mg
KLONOPIN: (K-Pins) 0.25-0.5-1-2mg tabs. Take 1-3mg
ROHYPNOL (Roofies) 0.5-1-2mg tabs. Take 1-3mg
these are heman dose recommendations which in some may CAUSE trouble!
Have these present whenever tripping: preferable each tripper should have a full portion in his/her pocket. Bad Trip: no 911, ride it out, distract, comfort, guide.

Majorly important: food and drink have to be consumed very consciously. One may choke op a sip of water or a tiny morsel. I've had it happen in a trip that a casual gulp of water got into my lungs & i literally -FOR REAL- could not breathe for 3 (that's THREE) minutes. Should a thing like that happen stand behind the person, grab around his waist. Lay your clenched fist just below his chestbone, hold it with your other hand and tighten your grip suddenly (as if pulling him off the ground) to expel the culprit. Do not use excessive force!

If a person is violent towards himself or others: 911, but trick them into an ambulance, not sending cops. Especially with drugs they need pharms first.

Finally: If it seems SANE to call 911, DO SO. Just because a drug does not cause something it still can happen..

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

InvisibleSHiZNO
-

Re: When it is time to call 911 [Re: Asante]
    #1596114 - 05/31/03 01:30 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks Wiccan_Seeker, you just scared me out of doing  drugs ever again, good work :frown:( :frown:( :frown:(

--------------------

OfflineHans_Moleman
????

Loc: Canadia
Re: When it is time to call 911 [Re: SHiZNO]
    #1596794 - 05/31/03 07:47 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

last month my friend had a seizure on shrooms.... It was scary. But he was fine after. That was his first seizure ever!

--------------------
One of the reasons marijuana is illegal today because growers in the 30s lobbied against hemp farmers -- they saw it as competition, because It is not chemically addictive as is nicotine, alcohol, or caffeine.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
Re: When it is time to call 911 [Re: superfine]
    #1596924 - 05/31/03 09:38 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Superfine

Sounds like you expierence some oxydep for a while. High doses of the good herb can do this.

Ive had a friend go completely white on me before and actually threw up just from the herb. It was when we where in HS first time he had smoked the real dank dank.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineAsanteA
Male User Gallery

Re: When it is time to call 911 [Re: SHiZNO]
    #1597691 - 06/01/03 04:38 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

OK, I've been a little graphic, but that's basically what's called for in this thread.
Remember: Just say KNOW :grin:

When to call 911 (USA) 112 (Europe)? Well, these are some pretty good reasons. People generally are all blossoms and butterflies about drugs (esp. Psychedelics) but there are some risks involved.

I've seen some pretty heavyduty convulsions/seizures described on the Shroomery boards. Wether Shrooms CAUSE convulsions is nonimportant: some kids get into fullblown seizures from watching Dragonball Z or the stroboscope at the club, so guess what one of those heman doses of shrooms is going to do for sombody that sensitive...

When Hofmann discovered LSD and Psilocybin his pharmaceutical company Sandoz put it out "for research purposes only" to see if it had medical potential. After some researching they decided to make of LSD tabs of 25 mcg and of 100mcg. Max recommended dosage: 100mcg in those early days.
Psilocybin: tablets of 2mg each, later followed by big heman 20mg tabs.

Now the dose for Psilocybin psychotherapy used to be like 4-10mg initially, which wasto be expanded to a whopping 20mg of Psilocybin, for most people the threshold beyond which some of the deepest, strongest effects start to happen which may send somebody on the really bad trips or flashbacks if poorly handled.
(non-negotiable statement: Read Stanislav Grof's "LSD Psychotherapy" on it: its among the best books ever written on Psychedelics)

1/8 of cubies kinda shrugs against 3.5 grams. Now if these cubies are average quality it's 21mg of Psilocybin already, so there Sandoz ends. But 1/8oz of properly rice-grown cubies (PF tek) may contain as much as 40mg of Psilocybin, way beyond the Sandoz/Hofmann ratio. The equiv of half an 1/8 of such cubies sent PF in his own words "beyond Pluto & back".
Since we all looove his tek we're awfully glad he made it back!

Sure, Leary and Mc Kenna pretty much tried to match the year in Psilocybin mgs but Alexander Shulgin (read his PiHKAL & TiHKAL at Erowid's online books section and DOWNLOAD IT dammit!) recommends no more than 20mg.

Stanislav Grof sez that above the equiv of 20mg the psychopathologic shit can hit the fan and that these kind of dosages should only be taken under guidance of an expert, wether a dyed-in-the-wool Psychedelic therapist or a Shaman.

Albert f#cking Hofmann who INVENTED Psilocybin sez 20mg is pretty high upthere. The Dutch smartshops who SELL shrooms try to keep their dose around 16mg, the responsible ones anyway.

After having learned from the freakouts of the 1960 the bulk of the LSD put out by the underground were 40-100mcg or about equivalent to 8-20mg Psilocybin.

Not so nowadays. Newbies drop 1/8 or even 6 grams AT THE MALL as their introduction to the Holy Temple of their Innerspace. So there they sit, unprepared, dodging parents and mallcops kinda waithing for the Wrath of God. When you explan this may contain around 40-75mg of Psilocybin they give you the Orc stare of "WTF be a milligram thingie? Diz no Psilothingie, me eat shroomz dumbass"

Experienced users buy acid of strength unknown and gulp down a vial or start out with 5 blotters and a dot. Who gives a fuck?

Some of us do level 5 so routinely that whilst in Egodeath they get up and feed the cat  :shocked: or make a pizza without carbonizing it in the oven.

Some of us get sucked off by DMT elves and all sorts of aliens every weekend so satisfyingly their girlfriend gets all sorts of profound tripshit downloaded on her all week long and has developed a quite substantial vibrator collection of ever-increasing size.

But the vast majority of us are no Learys. No McKennas. I can get fullblown Level 5 effects on 2 grams of liberty caps. 1/8 of shrooms can get most Trippers I know royally in trouble. I've seen a Trip turn into a three day psychotic nightmare despite the 10mg of daily Haloperidol we fed her.

Tender loving care is kinda useless if you cannot establish a connection. There's a time for expert trip guiding and a time for two blue Haldols in a glass of orangejuice utilizing involuntary swallow reflexes. Nazi tactics? We're her HEROES now! The dose was 2 1/2 grams of ricegrown cubies she brought herself.

I myself have developed patterning in surfaces, occasional abstract visuals in mid-air and increased emotionality 24/7 for about 3/4 year solid now. That's HPPD, or in other words the Trip doen't go off. Now for me it's a Gift, albeit one one has to ajust to. I've got it good: It's reasonably mild & I do not freak out on it.
Others are not so lucky. Suppose that happened to a newbie you've just evangelically talked into shrooming. Could you live with that?

I've been a "whoopie! mindcandy for everyone!" tripper too for quite some years. But then I woke up to discover Psychedelics carry some risks indeed. In the hospital I spoke people who had had powerful heart infarctions etc. None of them had had the sheer intensity of fear (whilst basically dying: u can't tell the diff) I've had and seen on bad trips on common Mushroom doses.

Drugs carry risks & psychedelics are no exception. For me Psychedelics are Divine, but the Divine has to be approached with caution and care. I'd rather cough up $100 thasn doing 1/8 at a mall. I'd rather eat a handfull of my own shit than munching down on 6gr of strong shrooms.

Wisdom comes with maturity. I wish that some Shroomerites gobbled down an oz of THAT first before plunging headfirst into the adventure of a lifetime.

Er: sorry for the rant guys! I'm kinda inbetween tranquilizers :grin:
In well over 99.99% of mushroom Trips 911 needs not be called, 'so lemme freak you, but not too much.
Seriously: take the Divine Mushroom seriously!

--------------------

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

OfflineShroomyMcPot
Male

Loc: TX
    #1597934 - 06/01/03 11:34 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

In my experiance anytime you call Poison Control or the Hospital they are going to tell you its a lethal dose and you should see a doctor immediatly. I even saw on cnn a while back where some kids from santa barbara california in the third grade baked weed brownies for their class and brought them to a field trip and when the teachers started feeling high they called an ambulance.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: When it is time to call 911 [Re: Hans_Moleman]
    #1597989 - 06/01/03 12:26 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

"Seizures" on mushrooms are usually inexperienced kids having panic attacks. There's nothing in psilocybin that could even begin to cause seizures.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineTrAnCyNuGz
Stranger

#1598074 - 06/01/03 01:42 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Damn dood, my bro thought he was going to have to call 911 after what happend last night. We were coming down from a trip, and just smoked a Jamacian Rum flavored Palm Wrap blunt mixed with rolling tobacco(we were trying to save ganja mang!) Bad fucking choice.

click here to read the whole story.

Edited by TrAnCyNuGz (06/01/03 01:44 PM)

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Loc: Around Minneapolis.
Re: When it is time to call 911 [Re: TrAnCyNuGz]
    #1601289 - 06/02/03 02:04 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

just don't use drugs that can kill you in the first place...... duh.

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

#1601532 - 06/02/03 03:28 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Dude, I enjoy reading most of your shit but you sound a bit manically paranoid in this post my friend....

Quote:

I've seen some pretty heavyduty convulsions/seizures described on the Shroomery boards.

And I've seen a lot of posts from really ignorant silly kids here too.
Quote:

Wether Shrooms CAUSE convulsions is nonimportant

Yes it is, since you have decided to discuss the potential, and therefore possible, risks of mushrooms.

Quote:

some kids get into fullblown seizures from watching Dragonball Z or the stroboscope at the club, so guess what one of those heman doses of shrooms is going to do for sombody that sensitive...

The argument is a non-sequitur.  Provide evidence that strobe lights and indole ring alkaloids have the same action on the brain and you'll have a point.

Quote:

1/8 of cubies kinda shrugs against 3.5 grams. Now if these cubies are average quality it's 21mg of Psilocybin already, so there Sandoz ends. But 1/8oz of properly rice-grown cubies (PF tek) may contain as much as 40mg of Psilocybin, way beyond the Sandoz/Hofmann ratio.

Wha? ...........All ill say about this is that brown rice flour substrate, if anyhting, has a very low potential to produce powerful shrooms.  Whole grains and suplemented substrates are more likely to produce fruits that will send you "to pluto and beyond".

Quote:

Stanislav Grof sez that above the equiv of 20mg the psychopathologic shit can hit the fan and that these kind of dosages should only be taken under guidance of an expert, wether a dyed-in-the-wool Psychedelic therapist or a Shaman.

That's all fine, but tell anyone experienced with mushrooms that they would be crazy to eat more than 3.5 grams without the help of a shaman and they will probably laugh.

Quote:

Albert f#cking Hofmann who INVENTED Psilocybin sez 20mg is pretty high upthere. 

Hofmann didn't invent Psilocybin, nature did.

Quote:

The Dutch smartshops who SELL shrooms try to keep their dose around 16mg, the responsible ones anyway.

Sure, because as far as they know, they could be selling to ignoramuses with no idea what they are getting into and no prior research or knowledge so they keep the doses low to avoid people being taken by suprise and the resulting litigation against them.  Smart business and smart drug use are different things.

Quote:

After having learned from the freakouts of the 1960 the bulk of the LSD put out by the underground were 40-100mcg or about equivalent to 8-20mg Psilocybin.

What's the difference in dose between a street hit and a thumbprint?  VAST

Quote:

1/8 of shrooms can get most Trippers I know royally in trouble. 

Then I'd say your experience is certainly not the norm. I've rarely know anyone, regardless of personality, who couldn't comfortably handle an eigth

Quote:

I'd rather eat a handfull of my own shit than munching down on 6gr of strong shrooms.

God, WHY??  :tongue:

Just offering a more "rational" perspective.

Offlinepsilo9com
Koh Koh Gadget

Re: When it is time to call 911 [Re: Malachi]
    #1601638 - 06/02/03 04:01 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

you'll call 911 and they'll give you tranqs and pump your stomach.

You won't sleep though. You'll trip. And you'll trip REALLY BAD. If i was vomiting blood i'd just eat some toast if i was tripping. It's better to vomit blood then to be in a hospitable with no control over your trip and lots of bright lights and wierd doctors. It would be traumatizing.

I shiver at the thought.

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: When it is time to call 911 [Re: psilo9com]
    #1602117 - 06/02/03 06:53 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

The strongest trip I've ever been on was 3 grams of B+. I've taken 5 grams of shrooms a few times.. 4.5 grams of cubies with 4 grams of syrian rue was a big one too, but it didn't match the 3 gram B+ adventure. So be careful. Your pf cakes could pump out some super strong mushrooms here and there, and just when you think you know the perfect dose you happen to chow on a crazy potent mushroom.

I'm about to powder my whole stash so that I have a jar of uniform potency. I think it's a good idea..

OfflineAsanteA
Male User Gallery

Re: When it is time to call 911 [Re: Viveka]
    #1605929 - 06/03/03 08:35 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Hey EE, nice dissection  :grin:

I dunno how strong the mushrooms are you're accustomed to, but they sure differ greatly in strength from the ones we're used to over here! I myself am highly sensitive towards most psychoactives, but it would be weird most who I've tripped with would be sensitives too.

There's cubies sold here in smartshops in portions ranging from 1.5-5grams. now 3-5grams is common, but these are WEAK ones, even when ground up.

shrooms can act as a source of stimuli capable to induce seizures in those susceptible to them. This is not news: please read "LSD Psychotherapy" on contraindications. Grof (an MD with over 4.000 guided highdose LSD psychotherapeutic sessions under his belt) specificly sez that when psychedelics are used in epileptics a "well-equipped pharmacy" should be at hand as there's chance of inducing status epilepticus.

I know a medical professional who'se had seizures because of 1/8 of strong shrooms. He will never shroom again.

Brown rice was patented by the DDR (former east Germany) as a substrate for cultivation of cubies with high yields of the indoles we love.
Can't spew out the patent # but I have it on file somewhere.

6 grams of shrooms i can easily gobble. 6 grams of strong shrooms (I'm talking 50+mg of Psilocybin) would almost certainly get me into severe trouble. For most people there's such a thing as "flooding" when using psychedelics: more is not always better. I have tripped for almost 10 years and have had 67 Psychedelics session, almost all on mushrooms & LSD.

I have found the dose that is best for me. For me this is 1.5gr of the particular strength I'm used to. If you are willing to QUADRUPLE the dose that works best for you, then you're the exception to the norm. If 5 grams works best for you, would you then smilingly take 20 gram dried of same shroom? Somehow I doubt that.

I'm quite rational, thank you. If i sound overly emotional this may be due to the Trip I'm on continuously for over 3/4 of a year now. I used to be hysterically evangelical on the topic of Psychedelics but have come to regret that and have seen way too much go down (realworld and www) to embrace them as a panacea. A trend I see @ the shroomery (being a part of the human experiment) is that much more attention is devoted to fun things than helping those in trouble.

Threads that have severe shit into them are short and not quite all supportive. I've seen troubled people getting bashed for "talking nonsense" and worse.
Psychedelics are neutral, they can get you to heaven or hell. I know one person who says heroin was more honest to him than LSD. He got rid of the smack which was a bitch to do, but feels LSD has altered his Self -permanently- for the worse.

Most agree psychedelics can change your life, but know this can go both ways.
We all love shrooms and as I've said I truely think the mushroom can be Divine, but let's not shut our eyes to the dangers, which are very real. 

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Syrian Rue, Terrence McKenna

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience