Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8  [ show all ]
OfflinePatlal
You ask too many questions
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
Kicking out another roommate... This one is special.
    #15947239 - 03/14/12 05:33 PM (12 years, 17 days ago)

So. Same old same old, kicking people out when they break the rules. Except this time, I just don't understand what my roommate is thinking...

The reason I'm kicking him out is because he constantly smokes weed inside the house knowing full well it's a non-smoking house. I don't care at all if he smokes outside the house 24/7, as long as he doesn't do it inside (my stepdad owns part of the house and he's a cop so... 2+2). It also annoys the other roommates, so I had to do something.

I warned him just about 35 times (I'm tolerant with weed, given that you know, it's weed). Thing is, an hour after I warned him, instead of putting his shoes on and going outside, he smoked inside again. I got tired of this shit, he obviously doesn't respect me and the other roommates so I gave him a month notice at the end of February. (by law I could of given him 10 days... but I didn't). I also dislike the defiance of my authority, this is my house after all.

So by April first he's out. The thing is, the idiot rented a new place for May 1st. He now thinks he can stay an extra month and disregard my notice. I said it didn't work that way, but he didn't want to listen.

We argued and it got to a point where he told me I'd have to call the cops to get him out of the house

I will oblige.

(Go figure why he asked me to bring the cops into this)

--------------------

Edited by Patlal (03/14/12 05:37 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinespoonbomb
Re: Kicking out another roommate... This one is special. [Re: Patlal]
    #15947256 - 03/14/12 05:35 PM (12 years, 17 days ago)

Sounds like a dick

--------------------

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Buckeye Flag
Re: Kicking out another roommate... This one is special. [Re: Patlal] * 2
    #15947260 - 03/14/12 05:36 PM (12 years, 17 days ago)

You are clearly in the right and trying to be reasonable. I don't know why people think they can walk all over other people.

I would punch your roommate in the face for you if I lived near you.

Sounds like a dick.

--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.

InvisibleLegend
RIP Sasha
Male

Loc: TX Flag
Re: Kicking out another roommate... This one is special. [Re: Kada] * 2
    #15947274 - 03/14/12 05:38 PM (12 years, 17 days ago)

call the cops, just make sure all your illegals are out of the house.

--------------------
No sympathy for the devil, keep that in mind.
[url=
]Buy the ticket, take the ride. [/url]
Are you lost?

OfflinePatlal
Male User Gallery

Re: Kicking out another roommate... This one is special. [Re: Legend]
    #15947298 - 03/14/12 05:43 PM (12 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

spoonbomb said:
Sounds like a dick

Quote:

Kada said:
You are clearly in the right and trying to be reasonable. I don't know why people think they can walk all over other people.

I would punch your roommate in the face for you if I lived near you.

Sounds like a dick.

Quote:

legit27 said:
call the cops, just make sure all your illegals are out of the house.

Wow, I didn't expect to get clear support like this.

Given that the issue is about weed and this is the shroomery, I expected a shit storm.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #15947303 - 03/14/12 05:44 PM (12 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

Patlal said:
So. Same old same old, kicking people out when they break the rules. Except this time, I just don't understand what my roommate is thinking...

The reason I'm kicking him out is because he constantly smokes weed inside the house knowing full well it's a non-smoking house. I don't care at all if he smokes outside the house 24/7, as long as he doesn't do it inside (my stepdad owns part of the house and he's a cop so... 2+2). It also annoys the other roommates, so I had to do something.

I warned him just about 35 times (I'm tolerant with weed, given that you know, it's weed). Thing is, an hour after I warned him, instead of putting his shoes on and going outside, he smoked inside again. I got tired of this shit, he obviously doesn't respect me and the other roommates so I gave him a month notice at the end of February. (by law I could of given him 10 days... but I didn't). I also dislike the defiance of my authority, this is my house after all.

So by April first he's out. The thing is, the idiot rented a new place for May 1st. He now thinks he can stay an extra month and disregard my notice. I said it didn't work that way, but he didn't want to listen.

We argued and it got to a point where he told me I'd have to call the cops to get him out of the house

I will oblige.

I don't know the laws in your area, but around here all the normal landlord tenant laws would apply. As such you'd need to evict him, which he can drag out until May with little effort.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineKinko
Stranger
 User Gallery

#15947310 - 03/14/12 05:45 PM (12 years, 17 days ago)

ur dad is a pig , you kick someone out for smoking weed. nothing wrong with that.

Offlinespoonbomb
    #15947313 - 03/14/12 05:46 PM (12 years, 17 days ago)

:shrug:
I'm sure we all love weed here but you seem to be very reasonable.

If you were like 'If I smell weed on you ever I'm calling the cops'
it would be a different story

--------------------

OfflinePatlal
Male User Gallery

Re: Kicking out another roommate... This one is special. [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #15947321 - 03/14/12 05:47 PM (12 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Quote:

Patlal said:

I will oblige.

I don't know the laws in your area, but around here all the normal landlord tenant laws would apply. as such you'd need to evict him, which he can drag out until May with little effort.

I rent rooms, not apartments, therefore, the laws are different.

The notices are shorter, the grounds to evict someone are in the landlords favor because when I rent a room I choose to share my home with someone.

If I had rented him an apartment, there's no way i could of kicked him out so fast.

--------------------

Edited by Patlal (03/14/12 05:49 PM)

Invisiblemuistrue
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: Behind the Redwoods
Re: Kicking out another roommate... This one is special. [Re: Patlal] * 1
    #15947348 - 03/14/12 05:52 PM (12 years, 17 days ago)

Damn, hope he's not a pyro.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#15947353 - 03/14/12 05:53 PM (12 years, 17 days ago)

That's why I said I don't know the laws in your area. Here, it could easily take 6 - 8 weeks.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinejoshstins420
Youre pretty good
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle USA Flag
    #15947372 - 03/14/12 05:57 PM (12 years, 17 days ago)

what a fucking idiot, i hate when people do some stupid shit after being told 100 times to not do it

--------------------

Invisible4runner
 User Gallery

Loc: State of Jefferson
Re: Kicking out another roommate... This one is special. [Re: Patlal] * 3
    #15947387 - 03/14/12 05:58 PM (12 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

Patlal said:

Wow, I didn't expect to get clear support like this.

Given that the issue is about weed and this is the shroomery, I expected a shit storm.

The thread is still young.

Offlinelazyfingers
grrr
Male

Re: Kicking out another roommate... This one is special. [Re: 4runner] * 4
    #15947395 - 03/14/12 06:01 PM (12 years, 17 days ago)

How dare you set rules in your house!? Especially with sacred weed! :chinchilla:

OfflineUzziel
O_o

Re: Kicking out another roommate... This one is special. [Re: 4runner] * 1
    #15947401 - 03/14/12 06:02 PM (12 years, 17 days ago)

You should just call the cops right after he smoked weed inside. The cops will come in and straight away smell it coming from his room. I'm 100% against snitching or getting people into trouble for drugs but when you're being a defiant fuckface and blatantly disregarding your house rules, it's time to get serious.

You've warned him plenty of times. He continues. To be honest I'd already have called the cops if he told me its the only way its gonna get him to stop (Especially if your stepdad is a cop, hell, just call HIM)

OfflineKandiKitty
Unicorn Whisperer
Female

Loc: The Trailer Park
Re: Kicking out another roommate... This one is special. [Re: Uzziel]
    #15947423 - 03/14/12 06:06 PM (12 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

Uzziel said:
You should just call the cops right after he smoked weed inside. The cops will come in and straight away smell it coming from his room. I'm 100% against snitching or getting people into trouble for drugs but when you're being a defiant fuckface and blatantly disregarding your house rules, it's time to get serious.

You've warned him plenty of times. He continues. To be honest I'd already have called the cops if he told me its the only way its gonna get him to stop (Especially if your stepdad is a cop, hell, just call HIM)

I'm a 100% against being a snitch but...

be a snitch. :rolleyes:

Just follow the laws, get him out as soon as you can, and be done with it. No need to go be a rat. Keep a clear conscience but move forward with the necessary steps and usually things work out for the best when you do.

--------------------

I'm a diamond that is tired
Of all the faces I've acquired.

Offlinetrunks
Chasing my dreams
Male

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Kicking out another roommate... This one is special. [Re: KandiKitty]
    #15947441 - 03/14/12 06:10 PM (12 years, 17 days ago)

It depends on how far you want to take the situation. You want to catch him a charge then call the police. If you don't think you need that then just call the police if he doesn't move out by April 1st.

Being tolerant to marijuana has nothing to do with the situation. Now if you said you didn't agree with him having cannabis in the house and smoking outside that would be a little different. Your rules are logical and make sense, especially with your dad being a police officer, he seems to be lacking in that department.

Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
Re: Kicking out another roommate... This one is special. [Re: trunks]
    #15947496 - 03/14/12 06:21 PM (12 years, 17 days ago)

all the people who are saying snitch, are funny. you wouldn't want to go to jail for something like weed.

now would you?

OP, just be patient and kick his ass out.

OfflineUzziel
O_o

#15947501 - 03/14/12 06:23 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

KandiKitty said:
Quote:

Uzziel said:

I'm a 100% against being a snitch but...

be a snitch. :rolleyes:

Just follow the laws, get him out as soon as you can, and be done with it. No need to go be a rat. Keep a clear conscience but move forward with the necessary steps and usually things work out for the best when you do.

Calling the cops on someone who will not follow your house rules does not make you a snitch. Considering Paltal can get in trouble with his step-dad because he is a cop and he owns part of the house, I think its safe to say the person as fault is obviously the retarded roommate. He said the only way to get him to stop is call the cops... well fuck, I would of already beat his ass for disrespecting me in my own home and breaking the rules. But he wants to be a smartass too? Hell, I'd call the cops just to spite him.

Don't care. I don't call the cops on drug users, I'm not a snitch. I just don't put up with bullshit. If that offends you..well haha, get over it.

OfflineExperimenting
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #15947504 - 03/14/12 06:24 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

what dumbass would smoke in a house that a cop could potentially walk into at anytime anyway?

seems to me he is just asking for trouble, so you might as well give it to him by calling the cops.

Offlineakira_akuma

Re: Kicking out another roommate... This one is special. [Re: Experimenting]
    #15947512 - 03/14/12 06:25 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

if OP calls police, he's a pussy. by pussy, i mean, reject.

OfflineZulu The Most High
Soul Adventurer

Loc: Colorado
Re: Kicking out another roommate... This one is special. [Re: Kinko]
    #15947521 - 03/14/12 06:26 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Kinko said:
ur dad is a pig , you kick someone out for smoking weed. nothing wrong with that.

lmao

I would expect a weed smoking roommate who takes shrooms to be "down".

I would try to work it out.

Or just wait another four weeks for him to leave without incident.

and wtf @ the half breeds telling him to "snitch"

theres no need to tell the police anything about any weed. or mushrooms.

jeez.

--------------------
[

Offlineakira_akuma

Re: Kicking out another roommate... This one is special. [Re: Zulu The Most High]
    #15947532 - 03/14/12 06:28 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

they are just saying those things to sound like they are "reasonable" people. :lol:

OfflinePatlal
Male User Gallery

Re: Kicking out another roommate... This one is special. [Re: akira_akuma] * 2
    #15947543 - 03/14/12 06:31 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

akira_akuma said:

He dared me to call the cops at the end of the month.

I will simply give him what he asked for.

--------------------

Soul Adventurer

#15947552 - 03/14/12 06:32 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

what illicit activities do you engage in at teh house?

--------------------
[

Edited by Zulu The Most High (03/14/12 06:33 PM)

Invisiblemuistrue
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

#15947555 - 03/14/12 06:33 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

I'm surprised he doesn't leave on his own. Who would want to live somewhere where you can't smoke weed in your own room and the landlord is a cop? That's so whack.

--------------------

OfflinePatlal
Male User Gallery

Re: Kicking out another roommate... This one is special. [Re: Zulu The Most High]
    #15947559 - 03/14/12 06:33 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Zulu The Most High said:
do you grow?

I do not.

I did.

I probably will again

But right now, no

--------------------

Offlineakira_akuma

#15947562 - 03/14/12 06:34 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

he's just talking shit, but yeah, i missed that part about him telling you you'll have to call the cops; that was stupid to say.

OfflineSwwert
Truck-Boat-Truck

Re: Kicking out another roommate... This one is special. [Re: akira_akuma]
    #15947582 - 03/14/12 06:37 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Man, beat the face of that motherfucker in. How can you let some fucking punk disrespect you in your own home. Kick his fucking teeth in

--------------------
Whole Brown Rice Cakes TEK

"The mushrooms are just loving you back."
"Maria Sabina is a symbol of wisdom and love."

Soul Adventurer

#15947598 - 03/14/12 06:39 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

FractalDust said:
I'm surprised he doesn't leave on his own. Who would want to live somewhere where you can't smoke weed in your own room and the landlord is a cop? That's so whack.

Agreed.

but op said that the guy is planning on moving out for the 1st of May

But apparently OP wants to give him some more shit before the extra four weeks are up
Quote:

Patlal said:
Quote:

Zulu The Most High said:
do you grow?

I do not.

I did.

I probably will again

But right now, no

lol I tried to edit my post before ppl saw it but Ok.

You grew mushrooms in that same house bro. I would just wait it out till he leaves.

You know hes going to tell the cops if you call them and thats why he dared you.

I would not want to get into all this.

--------------------
[

Soul Adventurer

#15947605 - 03/14/12 06:41 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Zulu The Most High said:
Quote:

FractalDust said:

Agreed.

but op said that the guy is planning on moving out for the 1st of May

But apparently OP wants to give him some more shit before the extra four weeks are up
Quote:

Patlal said:
Quote:

Zulu The Most High said:
do you grow?

I do not.

I did.

I probably will again

But right now, no

You grew mushrooms in that same house bro. You cant be that worried about weed. I would just wait it out till he leaves.

You know hes going to tell the cops if you call them and thats why he dared you.

--------------------
[

OfflineUzziel
O_o

#15947612 - 03/14/12 06:43 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Who is giving who shit again?

Really. You guys are outrageous. I would love for you to see on how you deal with someone bluntly disrespecting you right in your face and being a smartass. Not even once either, multiple and multiple times of being asked to stop.

I certainly wouldn't be as passive as OP.

OfflinePatlal
Male User Gallery

#15947619 - 03/14/12 06:44 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Patlal said:
Quote:

Zulu The Most High said:
do you grow?

I do not.

I did.

I probably will again

But right now, no

You grew mushrooms in that same house bro. I would just wait it out till he leaves.

Unlike him, I'm not stupid.

Rule #1: Don't tell anybody

Rule #2: If there's gonna be obvious signs (smells, etc.) Do it somewhere safe.

Plus It was a long long time ago.

--------------------

OfflineKinko
Stranger
 User Gallery

#15947634 - 03/14/12 06:47 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

op: i cant handle this lil bugger so ima call da law on his ass haha im like super cool brah , look at me lolol cuz like everyone loves me as a person and NOOne will ever call da cops on me if i decide to grow mushrooms in the future haha how funnn weeeeee , im cool brah , look im from canada haha i got a dad as a bacon sandwhich.

Offlineakira_akuma

#15947641 - 03/14/12 06:48 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

well, this is a private matter. police need not be called unless necessary. (especially if dude knows OP has grown mushies) plus, words work better then force. if you can't logically explain to him how he's wrong, oh well... it's not his house.

he's got till a specific time to get lost. again, don't need the police.

and also, if OP'S step-dad is a cop... then first of all, wouldn't that be good enough reason for dude to listen? just say, "my step-dad is a cop and i will have to contact him about this weed use in my house", and if that doesn't work... then again, what choice does the dude have? patience wins all of this, cause then nothing needs to be elevated. :shrug:

OfflinePatlal
Male User Gallery

Re: Kicking out another roommate... This one is special. [Re: Kinko] * 2
    #15947648 - 03/14/12 06:48 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Kinko said:
op: i cant handle this lil bugger so ima call da law on his ass haha im like super cool brah , look at me lolol cuz like everyone loves me as a person and NOOne will ever call da cops on me if i decide to grow mushrooms in the future haha how funnn weeeeee , im cool brah , look im from canada haha i got a dad as a bacon sandwhich.

And that's why you had to opt out of the ratings.

Remember back when every single member gave you a 0 for being a jackass and hurting animals and shit?

--------------------

OfflineSubconscious
Stranger
Male

#15947659 - 03/14/12 06:50 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Patlal said:
Quote:

akira_akuma said:

...and that doesn't change the fact you're still a pussy. Learn to handle your own fucking problems.

"You don't respect me so imma go tell on you!!!!  :cryariver:"

Man up and put the guy in his place yourself, this situation is not nearly extreme enough to call the cops over. You have a punk ass roommate and you'd be better off growing a spine and a set of balls and handling your own shit instead of calling someone else to do it for you.

InvisibleSalomon
ಠ︵ಠ balance ಠ_ಠ weaver ಠ‿ಠ
Male
Loc: America, FUCK YEAH Flag
    #15947667 - 03/14/12 06:52 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

OP, if he is renting a room and he smokes weed in it while you tell him not to, then you have every right to boot his ass. i mean if you've really let this go that many times and he was really as childish as to dare you to call the cops on him, kick him out after the respective notice period. does he think you fucking wouldn't call the cops, i mean it seems like he thinks it's a joke. seems you've made pretty clear your stance on this shit. although, i still find that rather dickish when you can just evict a niggard (lol that was actually firefox's autto correct for "nigga":lol:)

especially if a cop motherfucking lives in the same building, like the fuck? that's the worst part of this.

i'd go to the park and smoke or something, like common

--------------------
EVERYTHING EVENTUALLY BECOMES A DESERT

OfflineUzziel
O_o

Re: Kicking out another roommate... This one is special. [Re: Subconscious] * 2
    #15947678 - 03/14/12 06:54 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

So you want him to get violent with the roommate and have the roommate turn around and sue him for damages or charge him with assault.

Right. That is so much better than just calling the cops on a dumbfuck idiot who won't follow simple rules. Really, all he has to do is step outside. That is disrespectful, its a nonsmoking house.

OfflineKandiKitty
Unicorn Whisperer
Female

#15947680 - 03/14/12 06:55 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Uzziel said:

Really. You guys are outrageous. I would love for you to see on how you deal with someone bluntly disrespecting you right in your face and being a smartass. Not even once either, multiple and multiple times of being asked to stop.

You're ridiculous bro. You automatically run to the cops every time you feel disrespected? Oh no, dude, problem I can't handle better phone the police! :thumbup: OP you grew mushrooms there, much worse than smoking a joint in a private setting. That's a whole lot more jail time. And if he's got proof, pictures, whatever, you're the one fucked. Given his blatant disregard its pretty safe to assume he's got something on you. Just approach it like others have said.

Send him the eviction notice, give him the time to leave, and if he does not go about legal action. But literally NARCing on someone is a pussy move. Especially for someone whose on this type of board, who grows -illegal substances- no less. Get him out the right way. Uzziel is a moron whose obviously got something to grind with people disrespecting him.

--------------------

Offlineakira_akuma

#15947685 - 03/14/12 06:55 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

actually, i recall other posting about violence but not Sub.

OfflinePatlal
Male User Gallery

#15947686 - 03/14/12 06:55 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Subconscious said:
Quote:

Patlal said:
Quote:

akira_akuma said:

...and that doesn't change the fact you're still a pussy. Learn to handle your own fucking problems.

Man up and put the guy in his place yourself, this situation is not nearly extreme enough to call the cops over. You have a punk ass roommate and you'd be better off growing a spine and a set of balls and handling your own shit instead of calling someone else to do it for you.

I gave him all the shit I could.

So what should I do, beat his ass then give him all the tools necessary to prove I was wrong in kicking him out and risk having assault charges pressed against me?

Contrary to popular belief, smart people choose the option that doesn't land them in jail.

--------------------

Edited by Patlal (03/14/12 06:56 PM)

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
    #15947701 - 03/14/12 06:58 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

You could/should wait until he leaves then move all his stuff onto the porch and change the locks.

Edited by nooneman (03/14/12 06:58 PM)

Invisiblemuistrue
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

Re: Kicking out another roommate... This one is special. [Re: nooneman] * 2
    #15947710 - 03/14/12 07:00 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

nooneman said:
You could/should wait until he leaves then move all his stuff onto the porch and change the locks.

Then you really better hope he's not a pyro.

--------------------

OfflinePatlal
Male User Gallery

Re: Kicking out another roommate... This one is special. [Re: KandiKitty] * 1
    #15947715 - 03/14/12 07:00 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

KandiKitty said:
Quote:

Uzziel said:

You're ridiculous bro. You automatically run to the cops every time you feel disrespected? Oh no, dude, problem I can't handle better phone the police! :thumbup: OP you grew mushrooms there, much worse than smoking a joint in a private setting. That's a whole lot more jail time. And if he's got proof, pictures, whatever, you're the one fucked. Given his blatant disregard its pretty safe to assume he's got something on you. Just approach it like others have said.

Send him the eviction notice, give him the time to leave, and if he does not go about legal action. But literally NARCing on someone is a pussy move. Especially for someone whose on this type of board, who grows -illegal substances- no less. Get him out the right way. Uzziel is a moron whose obviously got something to grind with people disrespecting him.

I grew when I was in college.

Not in this house (again, I'm not stupid, my fucking stepdad can walk in when he wants)

Nobody ever knew... nobody.

--------------------

Offlineakira_akuma

#15947718 - 03/14/12 07:00 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Patlal said:
Quote:

Subconscious said:
Quote:

Patlal said:
Quote:

akira_akuma said:

So what should I do, beat his ass then give him all the tools necessary to prove I was wrong in kicking him out and risk having assault charges pressed against me?

Contrary to popular belief, smart people choose the option that doesn't land them in jail.

why does everyone keep seeing the words "beat him up" in Subconscious's posts?

he didn't say anything liek that... he's calling you a pussy, for not being able to deal with a punk, without having to call Diaper Patrol.

OfflinePatlal
Male User Gallery

Re: Kicking out another roommate... This one is special. [Re: nooneman]
    #15947723 - 03/14/12 07:01 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

nooneman said:

I checked about this.

When I respect my roommate's request to call the cops on him, I'll have the right to put his furniture on the curb.

--------------------

OfflineSubconscious
Stranger
Male

#15947735 - 03/14/12 07:03 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Patlal said:
Quote:

Subconscious said:
Quote:

Patlal said:
Quote:

akira_akuma said:

I never said to kick his ass. I'm not a violent person. I would sternly explain that they need to GTFO and I would not take no for an answer until they were out of my fucking house.

Obviously your roommate already knows you are a pushover though...

Sorry dude, just saying it how it is. It's possible to handle your conflicts A. Without violence and B. Without police involvement if people believe/perceive you actually have a spine.

The best thing you could do at this point is throw all his shit on the lawn and change the lock.

OfflineUzziel
O_o

#15947738 - 03/14/12 07:04 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

KandiKitty said:
Quote:

Uzziel said:

I'm a moron because I don't take bullshit from dumbfucks? :lol:

It's nice to know that you'd just let him walk all over you. And you think I'm the moron? "Oh I'm just gonna do nothing and I'll just wait for him to get evicted because I'm like, such a nice person"

:smirk:

Offlineakira_akuma

#15947774 - 03/14/12 07:10 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

who is the most spineless? those who call the police and make threads all the time complaining about out of control  roommates, or those who can tell said roommate to GTFO and push him the hell out without "breaking his teeth", actually solving the problem himself?

OfflinePatlal
Male User Gallery

#15947783 - 03/14/12 07:11 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Subconscious said:
Quote:

Patlal said:
Quote:

Subconscious said:
Quote:

Patlal said:

I never said to kick his ass. I'm not a violent person. I would sternly explain that they need to GTFO and I would not take no for an answer until they were out of my fucking house.

Obviously your roommate already knows you are a pushover though...

Sorry dude, just saying it how it is. It's possible to handle your conflicts A. Without violence and B. Without police involvement if people believe/perceive you actually have a spine.

The best thing you could do at this point is throw all his shit on the lawn and change the lock.

I did sternly explain the situation to him. He chose to not listen. He also said the only way he'd get out was if I called the cops (which I had no intentions of doing). When somebody says that, it's a good clue that talking won't work anymore.

Throwing his shit out on the lawn and changing the locks would be illegal. I'm not gonna put myself in shit for this jackass.

Now tell me, what is not being a pushover in your point of view if you take out of the equation violence, negotiations and illegal behavior?

I'd like to know how you would handle this

--------------------

Edited by Patlal (03/14/12 07:13 PM)

OfflineSubconscious
Stranger
Male

#15947799 - 03/14/12 07:14 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

If you evict him, give him a reasonable date to be out and he refuses to leave by that date... you have every right to get his shit out of YOUR house.

OfflinePatlal
Male User Gallery

Re: Kicking out another roommate... This one is special. [Re: Subconscious] * 1
    #15947810 - 03/14/12 07:16 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Subconscious said:
If you evict him, give him a reasonable date to be out and he refuses to leave by that date... you have every right to get his shit out of YOUR house.

Thats what I'm doing

--------------------

OfflineUzziel
O_o

Re: Kicking out another roommate... This one is special. [Re: Subconscious]
    #15947815 - 03/14/12 07:17 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Subconscious said:

Did you even read the thread? :hmm:

Offlinelazyfingers
grrr
Male

#15947827 - 03/14/12 07:19 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

"  And that's why you had to opt out of the ratings.

Remember back when every single member gave you a 0 for being a jackass and hurting animals and shit?"

Northrop Grumman B-2 Spirit

Offlineakira_akuma

#15947832 - 03/14/12 07:20 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Patlal said:
Quote:

Subconscious said:

Thats what I'm doing

but you're getting the police to do all the work for you, and just saying that you're doing when you're not.

OfflineSubconscious
Stranger
Male

#15947854 - 03/14/12 07:23 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Uzziel said:
Quote:

Subconscious said:

Did you even read the thread? :hmm:

:facepalm:...

Quote:

Subconscious said:

Quote:

Patlal said:
Throwing his shit out on the lawn and changing the locks would be illegal. I'm not gonna put myself in shit for this jackass.

...I don't know the laws in Canada. But where I am from if you evict someone and they aren't out by the date they are supposed to be you have every right to get their shit out of YOUR property and deny them entrance to YOUR building.

Yes, I read the thread and still think calling the police is a bitch ass alternative to handling a problem yourself.

OfflinePatlal
Male User Gallery

Re: Kicking out another roommate... This one is special. [Re: akira_akuma] * 1
    #15947885 - 03/14/12 07:28 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

akira_akuma said:
Quote:

Patlal said:
Quote:

Subconscious said:

Thats what I'm doing

but you're getting the police to do all the work for you, and just saying that you're doing when you're not.

He requested that I call the cops. I didn't even consider doing it until he mentioned it.

But given the situation, since he clearly doesn't understand that he has to get out. Taking his shit out of the house on the 1st would most likely create a hostile situation.

Guy doesn't understand he has to get out. Guy sees his furniture on the curb. Guy gets pissed and potentially does something stupid.

I don't need that shit.

Also, now that I think of it. Why not make the cops do the work for me? Its their fucking jobs to do deal with idiots.

I tried the reasonable way. Did not work. I have better things to do than argue with the guy.

Plus he asked me to called the cops on him. Its a hard request to refuse especially when you know it's gonna save you a lot of time and trouble.

--------------------

Offlinefloatingwater
இலைலைலைஇ

#15948033 - 03/14/12 07:47 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Be the better man and don't honor his request. If he is the one smoking in your house and you've requested him not to smoke then its not your problem.

It's his problem if something goes down and the cops show up or the owner comes.

Are you worried that he is going to get you in trouble some how?

Or are you just mainly pissed that he is disrespecting your authority?

--------------------
================

Edited by floatingwater (03/14/12 07:52 PM)

Offlineqman
Stranger

#15948057 - 03/14/12 07:50 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

akira_akuma said:
Quote:

Patlal said:
Quote:

Subconscious said:

Thats what I'm doing

What the people that are criticizing the OP are missing is that this is a legal issue of property management.

He tells the roommate to stop breaking a house rule, the roommate does not comply after repeated requests, he then seeks to evict the person.

The roommate continues to break a house rule that is illegal, then he should call the cops. Some of you guys should never manage property, just asking and hoping that someone will stop a behavior is laughable, some people just don't care.

OfflineKandiKitty
Unicorn Whisperer
Female

Re: Kicking out another roommate... This one is special. [Re: floatingwater]
    #15948064 - 03/14/12 07:51 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

floatingwater said:
Are you worried that he is going to get your in trouble some how?

I was wondering this myself. And what is the whole deal with this house situation? Is it your house and you rent out bedrooms in it? Charge 'em rent monthly?

--------------------

OfflinePatlal
Male User Gallery

Re: Kicking out another roommate... This one is special. [Re: floatingwater] * 1
    #15948068 - 03/14/12 07:51 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

floatingwater said:
Be the better man and don't honor his request. If he is the one smoking in your house and you've requested him not to smoke then its not your problem.

Yes it is.

Quote:

floatingwater said:

It's his problem if something goes down and the cops show up or the owner comes.

I am the part owner. The other part owner is a cop.

Quote:

floatingwater said:

Not at all, he actually asked for it and I'm 100% within my rights

Quote:

floatingwater said:

I'd say it's 90% because of this.

--------------------

Edited by Patlal (03/14/12 07:52 PM)

Offlineakira_akuma

#15948079 - 03/14/12 07:54 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Patlal said:
Quote:

akira_akuma said:
Quote:

Patlal said:
Quote:

Subconscious said:

Thats what I'm doing

He requested that I call the cops. I didn't even consider doing it until he mentioned it.

But given the situation, since he clearly doesn't understand that he has to get out. Taking his shit out of the house on the 1st would most likely create a hostile situation.

Guy doesn't understand he has to get out. Guy sees his furniture on the curb. Guy gets pissed and potentially does something stupid.

I don't need that shit.

Also, now that I think of it. Why not make the cops do the work for me? Its their fucking jobs to do deal with idiots.

I tried the reasonable way. Did not work. I have better things to do than argue with the guy.

Plus he asked me to called the cops on him. Its a hard request to refuse especially when you know it's gonna save you a lot of time and trouble.

i'll just take into account that this dude could really be that big of a douche and say... fine, call the cops. as long as you ain't snitching on him smoking weed, cause that would be so hypocritical. you must have housed one big scary idiot, to have to call the cops to take care of him. :shrug:

Quote:

Patlal said:

I'd say it's 90% because of this.

liek we all didn't know that already. that's why everyone is telling you to deal with it yourself. :rolleyes:

OfflinePatlal
Male User Gallery

#15948083 - 03/14/12 07:54 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

KandiKitty said:
Quote:

floatingwater said:

I was wondering this myself. And what is the whole deal with this house situation? Is it your house and you rent out bedrooms in it? Charge 'em rent monthly?

I'm 100% within my right to do this without getting in trouble

The house situation is that he's the only roommate no following the rules

Yes its my house and I rent bedroom.

I charge them rent of course.

--------------------

OfflinePatlal
Male User Gallery

#15948136 - 03/14/12 08:02 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

akira_akuma said:
Quote:

Patlal said:
Quote:

akira_akuma said:
Quote:

Patlal said:

Thats what I'm doing

I don't need that shit.

i'll just take into account that this dude could really be that big of a douche and say... fine, call the cops. as long as you ain't snitching on him smoking weed, cause that would be so hypocritical. you must have housed one big scary idiot, to have to call the cops to take care of him. :shrug:

I could not of said it better. The situation got to ''fine I'll call the cops''.

I'm not gonna snitch about the weed (unless he starts trying make me look bad in front of the cops he asked me to call).

He isn't big, he isn't scary. I actually get along very well with the guy. He just doesn't get it. He doesn't understand the situation he's in. He thinks I can't evict him, which is why he's so fucking stubborn.

That's why he dared me to call the cops. He thinks I'm gonna back down because I would realize i'm wrong. Which isn't the case at all. He is convinced I have no right to kick him out of my house after giving him a notice of eviction.

Thats what I'm dealing with

--------------------

Invisiblemuistrue
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

#15948146 - 03/14/12 08:04 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

No one want's to live somewhere they're not wanted, he'll leave.

--------------------

Offlineakira_akuma

#15948179 - 03/14/12 08:10 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

well, i was just saying calling the cops to get him trouble with weed charges would be stupid. someone of the people here suggested that, and i was making a point about that.

if the guy is such a big idiot, and you can't just have faith that he'll leave and that maybe he is just taking shit... then i guess you have no choice. though IF YOU don't budge, he already won't have a choice in having to move out, and you wouldn't HAVE to call the cops; but you already believe you have to, so i'm sure there is no changing that.

OfflinePatlal
Male User Gallery

#15948196 - 03/14/12 08:14 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

akira_akuma said:
well, i was just saying calling the cops to get him trouble with weed charges would be stupid. someone of the people here suggested that, and i was making a point about that.

if the guy is such a big idiot, and you can't just have faith that he'll leave and that maybe he is just taking shit... then i guess you have no choice. though IF YOU don't budge, he already won't have a choice in having to move out, and you wouldn't HAVE to call the cops; but you already believe you have to, so i'm sure there is no changing that.

He already told me loud and clear that he's not going anywhere on the 1st

--------------------

Soul Adventurer

Re: Kicking out another roommate... This one is special. [Re: muistrue]
    #15948198 - 03/14/12 08:14 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

did you ask him why he keeps smoking in the house after you asked him to stop?

--------------------
[

Offlineakira_akuma

#15948199 - 03/14/12 08:14 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

isn't that the definition of "talking shit"?

Soul Adventurer

#15948206 - 03/14/12 08:16 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Patlal said:
Quote:

akira_akuma said:

why not? whats his reasoning? he wants to stay 1 more month until he can move into his new spot?

--------------------
[

Invisiblemuistrue
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

#15948219 - 03/14/12 08:18 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Why can't the owner of the house, who is a cop, come and evict him? I bet he would listen to him if he came by.

--------------------

OfflinePatlal
Male User Gallery

#15948221 - 03/14/12 08:18 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Zulu The Most High said:
Quote:

Patlal said:
Quote:

akira_akuma said:

why not? whats his reasoning? he wants to stay 1 more month until he can move into his new spot?

If you want his reasoning read my comment 7 post before this one.

He wants to disregard the notice a stay an extra month (his room will more than likely be rented by then)

--------------------

Offlineakira_akuma

#15948229 - 03/14/12 08:20 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

FractalDust said:
Why can't the owner of the house, who is a cop, come and evict him? I bet he would listen to him if he came by.

yeah, that's what i was saying... bring your step-dad into the situation, and then bam. unless you don't want him to find out about any personal "habits".

Soul Adventurer

#15948272 - 03/14/12 08:28 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

LMAO

i jsut noticed the plethora of threads the OP has posted before about "kicking out a roommate" in the bottom of the page

wow.

how many roommates have you "kicked out" bro?

Quote:

Well, I gonna have to kick another roommate out
Patlal
I just kicked one of my roommate out of my house
Patlal
Well, another one of my roommate has gone crazy... (just after I kicked a crazy one out)
Patial

--------------------
[

OfflinePatlal
Male User Gallery

#15948285 - 03/14/12 08:30 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

akira_akuma said:
Quote:

FractalDust said:

yeah, that's what i was saying... bring your step-dad into the situation, and then bam. unless you don't want him to find out about any personal "habits".

Can't do that.

Conflict of interest.

Also I'm in Ottawa which is patrolled by the Ottawa police and my stepdad is OPP. It is true that the OPP has jurisdiction anywhere in Ontario and he could technically make an arrest but the conflict of interest is the main issue.

He knows all my personal habits already, I told him years ago.

--------------------

OfflinePatlal
Male User Gallery

#15948300 - 03/14/12 08:32 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Zulu The Most High said:
LMAO

i jsut noticed the plethora of threads the OP has posted before about "kicking out a roommate" in the bottom of the page

wow.

how many roommates have you "kicked out" bro?

Quote:

Well, I gonna have to kick another roommate out
Patlal
I just kicked one of my roommate out of my house
Patlal
Well, another one of my roommate has gone crazy... (just after I kicked a crazy one out)
Patial

I kicked at least 6 or 7 out.

I just noticed that it creates a lot of discussion in the pub when I post about it.

The Pub needs threads

People love discussions.

--------------------

InvisibleLySergic D
Drink all day and rock all night
Male User Gallery

#15948319 - 03/14/12 08:36 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Personally, I think you should kick the shit outta him and throw him and his shit outside your door. Get your pops to come by and threaten him more.
If he says anything, Its his word against an officer of the law.

--------------------

Broken heart don't feel so bad
You ain't got half of what you thought you had
Rock you baby to and fro
Not too fast and not too slow

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #15948328 - 03/14/12 08:37 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
That's why I said I don't know the laws in your area. Here, it could easily take 6 - 8 weeks.

in Ga it can be as short as a week

Invisiblemuistrue
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

#15948332 - 03/14/12 08:38 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Patlal said:
Quote:

akira_akuma said:
Quote:

FractalDust said:

Can't do that.

Conflict of interest.

Also I'm in Ottawa which is patrolled by the Ottawa police and my stepdad is OPP. It is true that the OPP has jurisdiction anywhere in Ontario and he could technically make an arrest but the conflict of interest is the main issue.

It's only conflict of interest if he comes by as a cop. Have him come by on his day off as the landlord and believe me this little twirp will be gone.

--------------------

Soul Adventurer

#15948340 - 03/14/12 08:40 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

lmfao how old are you? pretty lucky to have property generating cash flow.

But are you sure youre not the one with the problem lol? throwing people out the house left and right haha

what were some of the things that made you kick these ppl out?

I read in the other thread that the guy was a drunk and he would yell lol. And here you have an issue with the guy smoking weed in his room. what else? You dont want to be fucking ppl over man. Karma is a real bitch or a son of one.

--------------------
[

OfflinePatlal
Male User Gallery

#15948343 - 03/14/12 08:41 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

FractalDust said:
Quote:

Patlal said:
Quote:

akira_akuma said:
Quote:

FractalDust said:

Can't do that.

Conflict of interest.

It's only conflict of interest if he comes by as a cop. Have him come by on his day off as the landlord and believe me this little twirp will be gone.

He did.

--------------------

Offlineakira_akuma

#15948349 - 03/14/12 08:42 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

oh, conflict of interest... cause he is your dad?

i guess that makes sense.

OfflinePatlal
Male User Gallery

#15948358 - 03/14/12 08:46 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Zulu The Most High said:
lmfao how old are you? pretty lucky to have property generating cash flow.

But are you sure youre not the one with the problem lol? throwing people out the house left and right haha

what were some of the things that made you kick these ppl out?

I read in the other thread that the guy was a drunk and he would yell lol. And here you have an issue with the guy smoking weed in his room. what else? You dont want to be fucking ppl over man. Karma is a real bitch or a son of one.

Most of the people that get the boot are people that pay rent.

There are 3 exceptions:

1) One guy was constantly drunk and passed out a few times on my neighbors front lawn (I have a good relationship with my neighbor... but after 3 times, he got pissed)

2) One guy was fucking weird. Like Guiness world record weird. All the roommates including me we're getting worried about his presence in the house (He left like an hour after I gave him his 1 month notice, fine by me)

3) The guy I'm talking about now.

--------------------

OfflineKandiKitty
Unicorn Whisperer
Female

#15948367 - 03/14/12 08:47 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

So you take these people in and when they do things you don't like or approve of you kick them out? Sounds like a gestapo. I'm sure these people rent a room with the landlord in the house because they don't really have anywhere to go and it's a last resort. I can't ever imagine someone wanting this set up. "Yeah sure let me go pay rent somewhere only to live with my landlord and have him police me around to his liking".

You probably get off on being a total control freak. You enjoy taking new people in & making friends with them, and throwing them out as soon as what they do disagrees with you. So desperate for interaction but you can't stand when they don't pretend like you're the shit & aren't obnoxiously grateful for you to help them out. :rolleyes:

--------------------

OfflinePatlal
Male User Gallery

#15948370 - 03/14/12 08:48 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

akira_akuma said:
oh, conflict of interest... cause he is your dad?

i guess that makes sense.

No it doesn't

Conflict of interest because he's a police officer responding to a call that has to do with his personal interest.

--------------------

Offlineakira_akuma

#15948384 - 03/14/12 08:51 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

right, i gathered that. yeah, i thought it was because he was your dad and also part owner/landlord. that also sounds a bit harsh to deal with, to me.

OfflinePatlal
Male User Gallery

#15948399 - 03/14/12 08:55 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

KandiKitty said:
So you take these people in and when they do things you don't like or approve of you kick them out? Sounds like a gestapo. I'm sure these people rent a room with the landlord in the house because they don't really have anywhere to go and it's a last resort. I can't ever imagine someone wanting this set up. "Yeah sure let me go pay rent somewhere only to live with my landlord and have him police me around to his liking".

When I rent my rooms I try to pick the person that ''feels'' right.

I can't predict they are gonna do stupid shit. 90% of the roommates I've had have been decent people.

I never police any of them around. They pay rent, I provide housing. The most common situation of me ''policing'' them around is when their TVs are too loud.

When they constantly do shit that are not allowed, I will become a dictator.

Quote:

KandiKitty said:
You probably get off on being a total control freak. You enjoy taking new people in & making friends with them, and throwing them out as soon as what they do disagrees with you. So desperate for interaction but you can't stand when they don't pretend like you're the shit & aren't obnoxiously grateful for you to help them out. :rolleyes:

I'll admit, I do enjoy having control of the situation.

But what you described is almost what a sociopath would do. I'm not an evil guy luring people into my lair.

--------------------

OfflineKandiKitty
Unicorn Whisperer
Female

#15948457 - 03/14/12 09:05 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Patlal said:

I can't predict they are gonna do stupid shit. 90% of the roommates I've had have been decent people.

I never police any of them around. They pay rent, I provide housing. The most common situation of me ''policing'' them around is when their TVs are too loud.

"Do shit that they aren't allowed" you sound like a little authoritative dictator. You've got a little bit of power over these people and you like to stretch your dick out and make sure they all know it. Probably don't get much respect in the outside world, but in your little house your boss, so that's what counts right? :rolleyes: I imagine you'd fit in great with your step-dads line of profession.

Quote:

Patlal said:

But what you described is almost what a sociopath would do. I'm not an evil guy luring people into my lair.

Of course you do. You love having shit to hold over people's heads. Makes you feel like the big man on campus, eh? Man, what some people have to do to be okay with themselves. And I didn't say your lure people into your lair dude. You just take them in, give them a space of their own and then tell them exactly how they can and can't enjoy their space. You're at the very least megalomaniacal.

--------------------

Soul Adventurer

#15948472 - 03/14/12 09:07 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

hahahaha i like this chick ^

--------------------
[

Offlineakira_akuma

Re: Kicking out another roommate... This one is special. [Re: KandiKitty] * 3
    #15948473 - 03/14/12 09:08 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

meh, he's an ok dude. just wants an upper hand, like most of his "tenants" are probably missing. so you can't really blame him for wanting the control. :shrug:

but control can be a great corrupter.

OfflinePatlal
Male User Gallery

Re: Kicking out another roommate... This one is special. [Re: KandiKitty] * 2
    #15948478 - 03/14/12 09:08 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

KandiKitty said:
Quote:

Patlal said:

"Do shit that they aren't allowed" you sound like a little authoritative dictator. You've got a little bit of power over these people and you like to stretch your dick out and make sure they all know it. Probably don't get much respect in the outside world, but in your little house your boss, so that's what counts right? :rolleyes: I imagine you'd fit in great with your step-dads line of profession.

Quote:

Patlal said:

Of course you do. You love having shit to hold over people's heads. Makes you feel like the big man on campus, eh? Man, what some people have to do to be okay with themselves. And I didn't say your lure people into your lair dude. You just take them in, give them a space of their own and then tell them exactly how they can and can't enjoy their space. You're at the very least megalomaniacal.

Ya ok.

I'm a dictator. I dream of world domination. I want to enslave the human race.

When people don't respect their fellow roommate, I intervene. How hard is that to understand?

--------------------

Offlineakira_akuma

#15948487 - 03/14/12 09:10 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

i think where she was coming from, was with the intent of finding out if you had been influenced into this line of thinking.

OfflineKandiKitty
Unicorn Whisperer
Female

#15948491 - 03/14/12 09:11 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Zulu The Most High said:

Thanks. I'll be here all week. :awehigh:

--------------------

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pudge County, TX
    #15948514 - 03/14/12 09:16 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Zulu The Most High said:

Yes. Kandi doesn't fuck around. :thumbup:

--------------------
Aka Pudge (the real one, not the bitch ass fake one from 2020)

OfflineKandiKitty
Unicorn Whisperer
Female

#15948517 - 03/14/12 09:16 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Patlal said:
Ya ok.

When people don't respect their fellow roommate, I intervene. How hard is that to understand?

Ya! Lets totally over-generalize everything I said! You're a Mini-Mussolini hellbent on total world domination!

:facepalm:

No bro. I'm not saying you're here to enslave humanity or raise an army for take over. I'm saying your a dick whose wielding his little stick of power over your tenants because you can. Look if he's vandalizing your shit, throwing house parties and trashing the place, yeah I could understand that. Dude is smoking a joint alone in his room. He isn't being destructive to your property. He isn't creating a noisy, unbearable environment. He's just getting high, in his room. And because it isn't on "Patial's List of Approved Behaviors For a Tenant" you're ready to start waving that power stick around. Get your control fix. Na' mean?

--------------------

OfflineKandiKitty
Unicorn Whisperer
Female

Re: Kicking out another roommate... This one is special. [Re: Nifflerz]
    #15948527 - 03/14/12 09:18 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Niffla said:
Quote:

Zulu The Most High said:

I'm here to take over these boards and chew bubble gum...

And I'm all out of bubble gum.

--------------------

OfflinePatlal
Male User Gallery

#15948551 - 03/14/12 09:24 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

KandiKitty said:
Quote:

Patlal said:
Ya ok.

No bro. I'm not saying you're here to enslave humanity or raise an army for take over. I'm saying your a dick whose wielding his little stick of power over your tenants because you can. Look if he's vandalizing your shit, throwing house parties and trashing the place, yeah I could understand that. Dude is smoking a joint alone in his room. He isn't being destructive to your property. He isn't creating a noisy, unbearable environment. He's just getting high, in his room. And because it isn't on "Patial's List of Approved Behaviors For a Tenant" you're ready to start waving that power stick around. Get your control fix. Na' mean?

I'm wielding my little stick of power because I have to.

The guy doesn't smoke a little joint, he smokes several a day.

He signed a contract that included: Non-smoking clause, Respect of fellow roommates and no illegal shit in the house.

He broke all of them. If I don't intervene, I risk losing other roommates.

Patlal's List of Approved Behaviors for Tenants is:

1) Be respectful of others
2) No illegal shit.

It's easy.

--------------------

OfflinePatlal
Male User Gallery

#15948555 - 03/14/12 09:25 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

KandiKitty said:
Quote:

Niffla said:
Quote:

Zulu The Most High said:

So you started to chew on my ass...

:shakefist:

--------------------

OfflineKandiKitty
Unicorn Whisperer
Female

#15948569 - 03/14/12 09:30 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Patlal said:

He signed a contract that included: Non-smoking clause, Respect of fellow roommates and no illegal shit in the house.

2) No illegal shit.

It's easy.

Or having the TV too loud..
Or not being humble and ever-grateful to you.

I see through your ruse. But do you man. I'm a firm believer in Karma and the universe teaching others the lessons they need. I'm pretty sure the control-freak, power-hungry landlord will get what he needs. In fact, I bet this situation is exactly what you need. Give your tenant my regards. :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pudge County, TX
    #15948570 - 03/14/12 09:30 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

KandiKitty said:
Quote:

Niffla said:
Quote:

Zulu The Most High said:

Well we need to get you some more bubble gum then.

--------------------
Aka Pudge (the real one, not the bitch ass fake one from 2020)

Offlinech1ck3n.s0up
Troubled Loner
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hunting Fungi
    #15948581 - 03/14/12 09:31 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Good for you. Toss him.

I approve of this post.

--------------------

"Inspiration ~ Move me brightly ~ light the song with sense and color ~ hold away despair ~ more than this I will not ask ~ faced with mysteries dark and vast ~ statements just seem vain at last" --Jerry Garcia, Terrapin Station

"Officer, I'm going to remain silent, and I would like to speak with a lawyer. I'm not resisting, but I don't consent to any searches.

Edited by ch1ck3n.s0up (03/14/12 09:32 PM)

OfflineKandiKitty
Unicorn Whisperer
Female

Re: Kicking out another roommate... This one is special. [Re: Nifflerz]
    #15948586 - 03/14/12 09:32 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Niffla said:

Fruit Stripe.

Only Fruit Stripe.

--------------------

Offlineqman
Stranger

#15948589 - 03/14/12 09:33 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

When someone rents out a apartment or a room, he is called a landLORD, which means he makes the rules and he does this job to make money.

When some of you leave your parents house and enter the real world, you realize that this stuff is not a joke. Are you going to tell your landlord, hey man I was just smoking a joint, or I will stay here until I want to leave.

A landlord has control of people lifes, if they don't pay rent, it's time to hit the road. My father has been a landlord of a 100 unit complex for many years, he has seen it all. A case like this would be very simple for him, it's funny that some many hear are so naive about the real world.

Invisiblemuistrue
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

#15948596 - 03/14/12 09:34 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

KandiKitty said:
Quote:

Niffla said:

Fruit Stripe.

Only Fruit Stripe.

But isn't fruit stripe chewing gum?

--------------------

InvisibleSlashOZ
:D
Male

Loc: Following the water cycle
Re: Kicking out another roommate... This one is special. [Re: ch1ck3n.s0up] * 1
    #15948598 - 03/14/12 09:34 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

I'm in favor of jackass roommate behavior. Especially when they jeopardize your place by smoking pot even tho your dad/part lessor is a cop. I mean, cut the kid some slack. He just wants to get high at a cops rental house. Is that so hard to accommodate? I bet you want him to flush after he shits too, huh? :shrug:

--------------------
"Life sucks but in this really beautiful way" - Axl Rose
"Life's a bitch and then you die that's why we get high cuz you never know when you're gonna go." - NAS
"When people don't know what you're about they put you down and shut you out" - Black Sabbath
"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" - Gandhi
"Look up at me I am God, look down on me and I am evil, look at me I am you." - Charles Manson.
"Don't question my reality." - Me (as far as I know)

OfflineKandiKitty
Unicorn Whisperer
Female

#15948612 - 03/14/12 09:37 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

FractalDust said:
But isn't fruit stripe chewing gum?

:awenuhuh:

I can blow bubbles with it.

--------------------

Offlineakira_akuma

Re: Kicking out another roommate... This one is special. [Re: qman]
    #15948632 - 03/14/12 09:40 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

qman said:
When someone rents out a apartment or a room, he is called a landLORD, which means he makes the rules and he does this job to make money.

When some of you leave your parents house and enter the real world, you realize that this stuff is not a joke. Are you going to tell your landlord, hey man I was just smoking a joint, or I will stay here until I want to leave.

A landlord has control of people lifes, if they don't pay rent, it's time to hit the road. My father has been a landlord of a 100 unit complex for many years, he has seen it all. A case like this would be very simple for him, it's funny that some many hear are so naive about the real world.

the real world doesn't involve such regulation. it's naive to believe that the "real world" gives a shit about if you're a landlord or not.

when you get dickhead landlords, you get murders, plain and simple.

Invisiblemuistrue
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

#15948642 - 03/14/12 09:43 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

akira_akuma said:
when you get dickhead landlords, you get murders, plain and simple.

Or fires. :fireworship:

--------------------

Offlineakira_akuma

#15948646 - 03/14/12 09:44 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

or the aforementioned pyro tendencies. :yesnod: correct.

or some kind of vandalism, in some regard.

OfflineKandiKitty
Unicorn Whisperer
Female

#15948656 - 03/14/12 09:46 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

I was just gonna say, I think the naive response would be to automatically side with the landlord. Most people here are pro-legalization right? They don't want the government telling them what they can and can't put in their own bodies because it's too invasive, and too personal, and the government shouldn't be involved in those decisions. But you're gonna let one little landlord tight-ass make those calls for you?

Gimme a break. If he's paying rent on time, not destroying house property, not having people over who are jeopardizing the house, then cut the tenant some slack. He's getting high. Something we all fucking do.

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#15948659 - 03/14/12 09:47 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

KandiKitty said:
No bro. I'm not saying you're here to enslave humanity or raise an army for take over. I'm saying your a dick whose wielding his little stick of power

how dare he try and move in on my action

Offlineakira_akuma

#15948663 - 03/14/12 09:47 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

rules are rules. :rolleyes:

EDIT: perfect timing. hi, Pris! :hi:

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#15948672 - 03/14/12 09:49 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

akira_akuma said:

how's it going fruit stripe...

OfflineKandiKitty
Unicorn Whisperer
Female

#15948675 - 03/14/12 09:49 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

I was wondering when a mod was going to show up. :oldman:

--------------------

Invisiblepwnasaurus
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #15948677 - 03/14/12 09:50 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Patlal said:
Quote:

KandiKitty said:
Quote:

Patlal said:
Ya ok.

2) No illegal shit.

It's easy.

I know things are a little different with the landlord in the house, but I know that when you rent a house (no landlord living there), that in Ontario, no-smoking clauses are invalid, even if you sign a lease with them on there.  Is it different if the landlord lives there?

If anyone doubts me, I can point you to the section in the Residential Tenancies Act of Ontario - I live in Ontario, and had to look through it pretty carefully living in a student town with landlords trying to take advantage of kids.

EDIT: Hmm, I'm looking at it now and only seeing the "no-pet" clauses being void.  I swear I remember seeing that about smoking too... I'm going to keep digging.

Edited by pwnasaurus (03/14/12 09:54 PM)

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#15948682 - 03/14/12 09:50 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

KandiKitty said:

I keep wondering that too

dont tell them I'm :Trollface:

Offlineakira_akuma

Re: Kicking out another roommate... This one is special. [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #15948691 - 03/14/12 09:52 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

akira_akuma said:

how's it going fruit stripe...

feeling pompous as usual.  :thedude:

Quote:

pwnasaurus said:

I know things are a little different with the landlord in the house, but I know that when you rent a house (no landlord living there), that in Ontario, no-smoking clauses are invalid, even if you sign a lease with them on there.  Is it different if the landlord lives there?

If anyone doubts me, I can point you to the section in the Residential Tenancies Act of Ontario - I live in Ontario, and had to look through it pretty carefully living in a student town with landlords trying to take advantage of kids.

interesting. so the douche bag in this case, might actually have a reason to persist, eh?

OfflineKandiKitty
Unicorn Whisperer
Female

#15948692 - 03/14/12 09:53 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

KandiKitty said:

I keep wondering that too

dont tell them I'm :Trollface:

:awenuhuh:

--------------------

OfflinePatlal
Male User Gallery

Re: Kicking out another roommate... This one is special. [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #15948712 - 03/14/12 09:56 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

pwnasaurus said:
Quote:

Patlal said:
Quote:

KandiKitty said:
Quote:

Patlal said:
Ya ok.

2) No illegal shit.

It's easy.

Non-smoking agreements have been valid upon the signature of a tenant for quite a while. I can't tell you when, but I believe it is included in the same law than restaurants and bars. No smoking in a public space or something like that.

I know its a law written somewhere, I just can't tell you where.

--------------------

Invisiblepwnasaurus
Stranger

#15948730 - 03/14/12 10:02 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Patlal said:
Non-smoking agreements have been valid upon the signature of a tenant for quite a while. I can't tell you when, but I believe it is included in the same law than restaurants and bars. No smoking in a public space or something like that.

I know its a law written somewhere, I just can't tell you where.

I just looked up the act, I was mistaken.  Although I swear I remember seeing it in there a few years ago when I was signing my first lease... oh well.

Good thing my landlord didn't care we blazed in there all day :lolsy:

Invisiblebryguy27007
Cosmonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: Kicking out another roommate... This one is special. [Re: pwnasaurus] * 2
    #15948821 - 03/14/12 10:21 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

I bet KandiKitty is the roommate Patial is trying to kick out.

OfflineKandiKitty
Unicorn Whisperer
Female

Re: Kicking out another roommate... This one is special. [Re: bryguy27007]
    #15948832 - 03/14/12 10:24 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

bryguy27007 said:

:cookiemonster: obviously.

--------------------

Invisiblemuistrue
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

Re: Kicking out another roommate... This one is special. [Re: bryguy27007]
    #15948846 - 03/14/12 10:26 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

bryguy27007 said:

Yeah right, no shroomerite would live somewhere you can't smoke weed.

--------------------

Soul Adventurer

#15948866 - 03/14/12 10:30 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

^word

but then again i couldnt believe all the weirdos telling op to narc so idk

--------------------
[

Offlinepmb
Male

Loc: Washington
    #15948881 - 03/14/12 10:33 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

It's all about respect, if you need to get high so bad that you disregard everyone else it's time to rethink getting high in the first place.

--------------------
Don't smell the flowers, They're an evil drug to make you lose your mind

OfflineKandiKitty
Unicorn Whisperer
Female

Re: Kicking out another roommate... This one is special. [Re: pmb]
    #15948908 - 03/14/12 10:41 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

pmb said:
It's all about respect, if you need to get high so bad that you disregard everyone else it's time to rethink getting high in the first place.

But he's not disregarding everyone else. He's disregarding his landlord. Not his parents, not his friends, not his girl... just his landlord. This isn't somewhere who cares about his well-being, or about his quality of life. It's just a dude who provides a roof over his head for a payment. Its not like some sort of fucking intervention and everyone who cares about it him is like "Don't get high bro for us" and he's like "Lol don't care". 

Don't get it twisted. And don't make pointless, one-liner, generalized statements after 7 pages of heated discussion on a topic. Your two cents is just filler on this page.

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#15948922 - 03/14/12 10:46 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

KandiKitty said:
Quote:

pmb said:

But he's not disregarding everyone else. He's disregarding his landlord. Not his parents, not his friends, not his girl... just his landlord.

and the other tenants in the house, all of whom are under the same contract and obligations

Offlinepmb
Male

#15948923 - 03/14/12 10:46 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

KandiKitty said:
Quote:

pmb said:

But he's not disregarding everyone else. He's disregarding his landlord. Not his parents, not his friends, not his girl... just his landlord. This isn't somewhere who cares about his well-being, or about his quality of life. It's just a dude who provides a roof over his head for a payment. Its not like some sort of fucking intervention and everyone who cares about it him is like "Don't get high bro for us" and he's like "Lol don't care". 

Don't get it twisted. And don't make pointless, one-liner, generalized statements after 7 pages of heated discussion on a topic. Your two cents is just filler on this page.

lol we got ourselves a little badass rebel here dont we?

If you want to smoke indoors get your own home, don't smoke in someone elses home when they asked you not to. I don't care what anyone does on their own but if you bring something I don't agree with into my home I'm gonna ask you to leave. If this guy can't respect the fact that the op is giving him a place to live enough to smoke outside the home then he doesn't need to live there. I'm sure he can find a number of rundown crack shacks where they don't give

--------------------

OfflineKandiKitty
Unicorn Whisperer
Female

Re: Kicking out another roommate... This one is special. [Re: pmb]
    #15948946 - 03/14/12 10:52 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

But what about if he's paying to live there? Look, if Patial's paying all of the bills and the tenant is on a free ride, than yeah, common courtesy would dictate that he should have the decency not to smoke (and your point would be valid). But if I'm paying, I don't know, $300 a month to rent a room, I'm going to do what I want with that room. That's what I'm paying for. And if I enjoy smoking a bowl before bed, that's what I'm going to do, in the room I pay monthly for. Catch my drift?

And don't call me a little badass rebel. You sound like my father. And that's creepy. :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#15948961 - 03/14/12 10:56 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

KandiKitty said:
But what about if he's paying to live there?

if someone pays to rent a house they arent paying to burn it down or steal the fixtures

Invisiblemuistrue
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

#15948962 - 03/14/12 10:56 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

KandiKitty said:

I understand your point but the bottom line is the dude signed an agreement before he moved in saying he wouldn't smoke. That was a bad move on his part, I would never sign such a thing unless it's agreed upon that weed is okay.

--------------------

OfflineKandiKitty
Unicorn Whisperer
Female

#15948972 - 03/14/12 11:00 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

KandiKitty said:

if someone pays to rent a house they arent paying to burn it down or steal the fixtures

Obviously. I believe that goes without saying. And like I said in plenty of posts before this, if he was exhibiting destructive behavior and disregarding personal property, I could understand the landlord's point. Being a tenant does not give you the right to destroy property. But smoking a joint in a bedroom is not destroying Patial's property. It's just a stupid rule made up my a control-freak, power-wielding landlord. Huge difference.

--------------------

OfflineDivineIntensity
Techno-Optimist
Male

Loc: Florida
    #15948990 - 03/14/12 11:05 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

You continue to ignore the fact that it's not because the OP's uncomfortable with it, but its because his tenants are. This dude signed an agreement, if he cant follow it he needs to get the fuck out.

--------------------

Offlinepmb
Male

Re: Kicking out another roommate... This one is special. [Re: Prisoner#1] * 1
    #15949031 - 03/14/12 11:16 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

If he was buying then you can do what ever the fuck you want, renting is different though. You gotta realize nothing about the property is under the renters control, by signing a lease you give up control so you can have a place to live. It sucks for the guy renting though, op sounds like a decent renter, all he had to do was do his smoking outside of the property which isn't that big of a deal.

--------------------

OfflineSubconscious
Stranger
Male

Re: Kicking out another roommate... This one is special. [Re: KandiKitty] * 5
    #15950006 - 03/15/12 08:21 AM (12 years, 16 days ago)

You tearing up Patlal was funny at first... but there are plenty of apartments that are smoke free, and if you signed an agreement to not smoke inside and live with other people who don't want to breathe in your second hand smoke... then GTFO or take 5 minutes to walk outside to smoke.

My roommate would always tell me he was perfectly cool with me smoking anything inside, but he was a nonsmoker so I always went outside anyways so he wouldn't have to live in a confined area with my stale second hand smoke.

Having an attitude of "Oh I'm paying to live here so I am going to do whatever the fuck I want" is completely selfish.

When you live close to other people you need a few base rules, TV's and guitar amps are turned down by a certain time, dishes don't hang out in the sink for weeks on end, fucking your girlfriend at obnoxiously loud hours of the night doesn't fly, and nobody should have to breathe in stale ass smoke 24/7 if they don't want to.

It's about respecting the people around you, especially the people you live with.

Invisiblepwnasaurus
Stranger

Re: Kicking out another roommate... This one is special. [Re: Subconscious] * 4
    #15950057 - 03/15/12 08:42 AM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Subconscious said:
You tearing up Patlal was funny at first... but there are plenty of apartments that are smoke free, and if you signed an agreement to not smoke inside and live with other people who don't want to breathe in your second hand smoke... then GTFO or take 5 minutes to walk outside to smoke.

My roommate would always tell me he was perfectly cool with me smoking anything inside, but he was a nonsmoker so I always went outside anyways so he wouldn't have to live in a confined area with my stale second hand smoke.

Having an attitude of "Oh I'm paying to live here so I am going to do whatever the fuck I want" is completely selfish.

When you live close to other people you need a few base rules, TV's and guitar amps are turned down by a certain time, dishes don't hang out in the sink for weeks on end, fucking your girlfriend at obnoxiously loud hours of the night doesn't fly, and nobody should have to breathe in stale ass smoke 24/7 if they don't want to.

It's about respecting the people around you, especially the people you live with.

/thread

KandiKitty, you're being COMPLETELY unreasonable - when you sign a lease, you have to follow the rules.  It's OK though, if you get taken to court, just remind the judge you pay rent so you can do what you want :rolleyes:

OfflineHorsewithnoname
I can't remember my name
Male

Loc: In the desert
Re: Kicking out another roommate... This one is special. [Re: Subconscious]
    #15950074 - 03/15/12 08:49 AM (12 years, 16 days ago)

How cool would it be that the dick who doesn't want to leave was a member of the shroomery?

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#15950102 - 03/15/12 08:56 AM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

KandiKitty said:
Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

KandiKitty said:

Obviously. I believe that goes without saying. And like I said in plenty of posts before this, if he was exhibiting destructive behavior and disregarding personal property, I could understand the landlord's point. Being a tenant does not give you the right to destroy property. But smoking a joint in a bedroom is not destroying Patial's property. It's just a stupid rule made up my a control-freak, power-wielding landlord. Huge difference.

are you aware that some insurance companies wont insure your home if you
have a fireplace, if you have gas or propane appliances or if you're a
smoker? you're making the assumption that patlal is doing this because he's
a control freak but let's take a look at the potential so that we can see
that patlal is simply protecting his property

first, why were fire safe cigarettes created? there are no fire safe joints
http://www.kltv.com/story/17066893/tyler-fire-headed-to-south-tyler-apartment-complex
http://www.unionleader.com/article/20120218/NEWS07/120219943

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2012/02/21/147227874/honduras-says-deadly-prison-fire-started-by-cigarette
Quote:

Honduran officials said last week's prison fire that killed 360 was started by accident, when an inmate fell asleep with a lit cigarette.

we do know that unlike tobacco that marijuana is an intoxicant, so we have
the high guy that's smoking weed several times per day in the house but is
it really just weed that he's smoking. so buddy get's high one night after
getting off work, decides he needs a cigarette and a beer, dozes off and
drops that smoke while everyone including himself, is asleep and the place
goes up in flames.

why should patlal have to wait until his home has burned to the ground and
he's lost all his possessions before he can take action. we're told we cant
start fires in the summer in most parks to prevent forest fires and yet
millions of acres are destroyed every year due to negligent acts such as a
camp fire that isnt properly extinguished or a careless motorist flicking a
smoke out the window. just because the guy hasnt burned the house down
doesnt mean the potential to do so isnt there. protecting one's property
doesnt mean to buy a fire extinguisher after the house burned down
it comes from the diligence to prevent careless fires

now let's look at the realities of the here and now and the damage done,
how many burn marks from a dropped joint are on the carpet, smoking in such
a confined space discolors the walls just as would a candle or cigarettes
which results in patlal having to replace carpet in that room long before
it's lifespan should have ended and instead of simply wiping down the walls
to clean them he now has to prime and paint the walls, all because some
careless pothead thought "I'm paying rent so I'll do what I want".

should we go into the potential of how everyone can be charged with possession
of a roach is found in a common area should the cops show up to serve a
warrant on the 'unruly' roomie?

stop being so short sighted, you're looking at the simple defense of a
pothead without looking at the real world problems associated with the
simple act of smoking a joint in the house when the rules explicitly state
not to. there's often more reasons that your belief that patlal is trying
to exercise control over people

OfflinePatlal
Male User Gallery

Re: Kicking out another roommate... This one is special. [Re: Prisoner#1] * 2
    #15950119 - 03/15/12 09:00 AM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

KandiKitty said:
Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

KandiKitty said:

are you aware that some insurance companies wont insure your home if you
have a fireplace, if you have gas or propane appliances or if you're a
smoker? you're making the assumption that patlal is doing this because he's
a control freak but let's take a look at the potential so that we can see
that patlal is simply protecting his property

first, why were fire safe cigarettes created? there are no fire safe joints
http://www.kltv.com/story/17066893/tyler-fire-headed-to-south-tyler-apartment-complex
http://www.unionleader.com/article/20120218/NEWS07/120219943

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2012/02/21/147227874/honduras-says-deadly-prison-fire-started-by-cigarette
Quote:

Honduran officials said last week's prison fire that killed 360 was started by accident, when an inmate fell asleep with a lit cigarette.

we do know that unlike tobacco that marijuana is an intoxicant, so we have
the high guy that's smoking weed several times per day in the house but is
it really just weed that he's smoking. so buddy get's high one night after
getting off work, decides he needs a cigarette and a beer, dozes off and
drops that smoke while everyone including himself, is asleep and the place
goes up in flames.

why should patlal have to wait until his home has burned to the ground and
he's lost all his possessions before he can take action. we're told we cant
start fires in the summer in most parks to prevent forest fires and yet
millions of acres are destroyed every year due to negligent acts such as a
camp fire that isnt properly extinguished or a careless motorist flicking a
smoke out the window. just because the guy hasnt burned the house down
doesnt mean the potential to do so isnt there. protecting one's property doesnt mean to buy a fire extinguisher after the house burned down
it comes from the diligence to prevent careless fires

now let's look at the realities of the here and now and the damage done,
how many burn marks from a dropped joint are on the carpet, smoking in such
a confined space discolors the walls just as would a candle or cigarettes
which results in patlal having to replace carpet in that room long before
it's lifespan should have ended and instead of simply wiping down the walls
to clean them he now has to prime and paint the walls, all because some
careless pothead thought "I'm paying rent so I'll do what I want".

should we go into the potential of how everyone can be charged with possession
of a roach is found in a common area should the cops show up to serve a
warrant on the 'unruly' roomie?

stop being so short sighted, you're looking at the simple defense of a
pothead without looking at the real world problems associated with the
simple act of smoking a joint in the house when the rules explicitly state
not to. there's often more reasons that your belief that patlal is trying
to exercise control over people

:awepreciation:

Finally someone that truly understands the situation.

(I do appreciate the support from others though)

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#15950125 - 03/15/12 09:02 AM (12 years, 16 days ago)

can I move in and burn your house down resulting in the deaths of your roomies?

OfflinePatlal
Male User Gallery

#15950162 - 03/15/12 09:17 AM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
can I move in and burn your house down resulting in the deaths of your roomies?

Sure,

The rent is $300,000 per month

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#15950190 - 03/15/12 09:27 AM (12 years, 16 days ago)

no wonder all you can attract is slime balls, the rent is too damn low

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Buckeye Flag
    #15950401 - 03/15/12 10:51 AM (12 years, 16 days ago)

:lolsy:

Seriously tho...you should let me punch your roommate in the face.

--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.

OfflineHappy2fly
The Champ!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The land of many thousand... Flag
Re: Kicking out another roommate... This one is special. [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #15950419 - 03/15/12 10:56 AM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

pwnasaurus said:
/thread

KandiKitty, you're being COMPLETELY unreasonable - when you sign a lease, you have to follow the rules.  It's OK though, if you get taken to court, just remind the judge you pay rent so you can do what you want :rolleyes:

This^

As for the people giving OP shit about calling the cops, that is the proper procedure to follow when evicting a tenant.  I'm not sure how things are in Canadia, but in my state it goes like this:

1. terminate the lease - If the landlord has month-to-month terms, he needs to give a 30 day written notice.
2. If the tenant doesn't leave after the 30 days, the landlord must file a complaint in district court.
3. The court will schedule a hearing and issue a summons 7-14 days before the hearing.
4. A judge will listen to each side, and make a decision.  Since the tenant violated the terms of the lease, he has no valid argument to stay.
5. The judge will order the tenant to vacate within 7 days of his decision.
6. If the tenant does not vacate the property, the judge will order an officer to forcibly remove the tenant from the premises.

I lived with a friend who rented rooms like Patlal, and had to help him evict a roommate who was being an asshole to everyone in the house and refused to leave when given a 30 day notice.  In the case of the OP, since his tenant did not follow the terms of the lease, I don't think he has to wait 30 days to begin the eviction process.

--------------------
The fire has many things to teach.
But so does the human experience.. which is like fire, sometimes you just need to stoke the coals and sometimes you just need to add a log or reposition the log matrix. But a well built fire will be much more self-sustaining than a poorly built one, and they all need love to grow. And don't fuck around or your might burn yourself. Must always respect the fire. - Shroomism

OfflineUzziel
O_o

#15950449 - 03/15/12 11:03 AM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

KandiKitty said:
Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

KandiKitty said:

LULZ....

No one forced the tenant to sign an agreement he couldn't smoke weed inside the house. There are tons of other places he could of lived at. He picked there and signed.

Srsly. Power-wielding control freak landlord. Yes, that is so right. God damn you're..... :facepalm:

OfflineWestAussie
Jedi Warrior
Male User Gallery

Loc: West Oz Flag
Re: Kicking out another roommate... This one is special. [Re: Kada]
    #15950459 - 03/15/12 11:06 AM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Nothing to do with weed,,Its got to do with rules,My mate used to work on a fishing trawler,he was never told he couldnt smoke weed but if the captain smelt it he would have been sacked. He used to blow the smoke into a towel or out the port hole in his room,

My point is this guy doesnt even make an effort to hide the fact he smokes inside so he's just pushing your authority

As Cartman would say RESPECT MY AUTHORITI

--------------------
Life is a journey not a destination

Invisiblekeyohnah
the proverbial mind spread
Female

Re: Kicking out another roommate... This one is special. [Re: WestAussie] * 3
    #15950529 - 03/15/12 11:28 AM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Wow, it's called being an adult. If you sign up for a nonsmoking room and then smoke in said room you are breaking the agreement made. You can't cry and bitch about legalization and freedom. You AGREED to live there. Find somewhere else to live.

Obviously marijuana should be legal and I'm sure Patlal agrees but if you haven't noticed -- it isn't. There is a cop involved and other tenants that all agreed on certain living conditions. Is Patlal supposed to give up his income and housing so some immature twit can smoke somewhere he already agreed not to? I'm amazed by the lack of logic and rationality behind the flames on Patlal.

--------------------
"Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story."

Invisiblekeyohnah
the proverbial mind spread
Female

Re: Kicking out another roommate... This one is special. [Re: Prisoner#1] * 1
    #15950537 - 03/15/12 11:30 AM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
no wonder all you can attract is slime balls, the rent is too damn low

Meeting Jimmy McMillan will always go down as one of my favorite memories :loldongs:

--------------------
"Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story."

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#15950549 - 03/15/12 11:33 AM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:

in Ga it can be as short as a week

It can be shorter here depending on the reason, such as destruction of property (7 days notice) or non-payment of rent (7 days notice). Everything else is 30 days notice, then to court if they don't go. As it takes a week or two for the court date to arrive, plus the original 30 days... 6 weeks if they don't request a postponement.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals