Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineBlake_Shroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Post things about your job that the average joe wouldnt know
    #15943522 - 03/13/12 07:27 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Done this on a different forum. definately had some interesting things come to light lol.

i work at pizza hut, so nothing really spectacular.

everything is shipped to us frozen(all the dough, fruits, meats, veggies.

our wing sauce, butter sauce, and pizza sauce do not need to be refrigerated(pizza sauce does only after you add water to it).

if we're out of a certain dough, say you order a personal pan, and we dont have that prepped, we'll give u a medium pan upgrade free.

post about your work!

Edited by Blake_Shroom (03/13/12 07:39 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineday_tripper
Gatherer
 User Gallery

Loc: Pacific Coast
Re: Post things about your job that the average joe wouldnt know [Re: Blake_Shroom]
    #15943555 - 03/13/12 07:35 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

There are two high tides a day, arriving roughly 52 minutes later every 24 hours.

There are 5 types of salmon commercially fished, with Reds a.k.a. Sockeye's being the most commonly caught/sold.

During the summer-time in Alaska the sun sits in the sky almost 24 hours a day.

OfflineLarrythescaryrex
teardrop on the fire
Male User Gallery

Loc: further down the spiral
Re: Post things about your job that the average joe wouldnt know [Re: day_tripper] * 2
    #15943564 - 03/13/12 07:38 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

teaching is more about making society think children has learned things than it is about teaching them how to learn or analyze data.

--------------------
RIP Acidic_Sloth

Sunset_Mission said:
"larry the scary rex
verily scary when thoroughly vexed
invoke the shadows and dust, cast a hex
mercifully massacring memories masterfully
relocate from Ur to 8th density and become a cosmic bully
mulder and scully couldn't decipher his glyphs
invoke the shadows and dust, smoke infernal spliffs"
April 24th 2011

InvisibleCidneyIndole
www.shroomery.OG
Male User Gallery

Loc: Love's Secret Domain
Re: Post things about your job that the average joe wouldnt know [Re: Larrythescaryrex]
    #15943653 - 03/13/12 07:59 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Larrythescaryrex said:
teaching is more about making society think children has learned things than it is about teaching them how to learn or analyze data.

That is a sad (but believable) statement about society. I would hope that someone working in education, and realizing this, would at least ATTEMPT to do something to change it.

Then again, I'm one of those really idealistic assholes

--------------------
------------------------
I am me. We are You.

OfflineLarrythescaryrex
teardrop on the fire
Male User Gallery

Loc: further down the spiral
Re: Post things about your job that the average joe wouldnt know [Re: CidneyIndole]
    #15943665 - 03/13/12 08:01 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

that is the quickest way to lose your job unless you teach solely upper level/AP classes.

--------------------
RIP Acidic_Sloth

Sunset_Mission said:
"larry the scary rex
verily scary when thoroughly vexed
invoke the shadows and dust, cast a hex
mercifully massacring memories masterfully
relocate from Ur to 8th density and become a cosmic bully
mulder and scully couldn't decipher his glyphs
invoke the shadows and dust, smoke infernal spliffs"
April 24th 2011

Invisiblesjfrockerdude
Dead Inside
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Hell
Re: Post things about your job that the average joe wouldnt know [Re: CidneyIndole]
    #15943666 - 03/13/12 08:01 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

A standard(at least the ones I played with) industrial coal fired boiler operates at around 3k psi.
:shrug:

--------------------

"It is better to be a human being dissatisfied than a pig satisfied.
Better to be Socrates dissatisfied then a fool satisfied.
And if the fool or the pig are of different opinion, it is because they only know their side of the question."
John Stuart Mill

OfflineHorsewithnoname
I can't remember my name
Male

Loc: In the desert
Re: Post things about your job that the average joe wouldnt know [Re: sjfrockerdude]
    #15943694 - 03/13/12 08:07 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Most men end up liking prostate exams....

:Trollface:

Offlineeasytoremember
hunter
 User Gallery

Loc: Deliverance
Re: Post things about your job that the average joe wouldnt know [Re: sjfrockerdude]
    #15943696 - 03/13/12 08:08 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I operate heavy machinery a few feet away from groundworkers.  If i even have the slightest tiny fuck up, someone could be killed.  I hate it, but thats my job and im pretty damn good at it.

OfflinePsy Baba
That was zen, This is Tao
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The land of Ports.
Re: Post things about your job that the average joe wouldnt know [Re: Blake_Shroom]
    #15943780 - 03/13/12 08:25 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

People are just as crazy about Rose variety strains as people are about weed strains.

Lucky bamboo is not actually a bamboo, it is a dracena

All plants flower in one way or another

There are way better fertilizers than miracle grow :lol:

I know that when you come in to my shop buying 10 organic black golds you are not growing "indoor tomatoes" just tell me what it up and I can steer you the right direction.

--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
Re: Post things about your job that the average joe wouldnt know [Re: easytoremember]
    #15943788 - 03/13/12 08:27 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I worked at a security company for 3 weeks, the company was residential trying to break into commerical and FUCKING UP BADLY...

My first week on the job, we went to a hand gun dealer, got to the company, and the Owner just started yelling at us...

"GOD DAMMIT this building has been unsecured for the last month, ANY NIGHT, ANY NIGHT someone could break in that door RIGHT THERE, and bam there's a million dollars in handguns running around the streets of ++++++++ city, you guys are fucking this up and it needs done NOW"

So I'm just like that's interesting...that door right there???  When does the last person leave tonite.....lol

but the things I saw in those three weeks really opened my eyes that security doesn't always run a tight operation...

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
Re: Post things about your job that the average joe wouldnt know [Re: Psy Baba]
    #15943796 - 03/13/12 08:29 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

DuNeRaVeR said:
People are just as crazy about Rose variety strains as people are about weed strains.

Lucky bamboo is not actually a bamboo, it is a dracena

All plants flower in one way or another

There are way better fertilizers than miracle grow :lol:

I know that when you come in to my shop buying 10 organic black golds you are not growing "indoor tomatoes" just tell me what it up and I can steer you the right direction.

I wouldn't tell anybody anything once you knew what they were doing was illegal...the feds can and do bust people for things like that.

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

OfflineNullface

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Post things about your job that the average joe wouldnt know [Re: SpecialEd]
    #15943809 - 03/13/12 08:33 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I worked at a hydraulic hose factory for 4 months and still don't know how they work. I guess I understand how most employees that work at computer part factories don't really know how the parts work or many other jobs. I guess knowing the correct size fittings to to put on the hoses and which dye to use in the press is something the average Joe would know. JIC fittings are the industry standard in USA. :shrug:

OfflineBlake_Shroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#15943831 - 03/13/12 08:38 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

sjfrockerdude said:
A standard(at least the ones I played with) industrial coal fired boiler operates at around 3k psi.

thats fucking crazy. id imagine thats a huge container.

when i used to play paintball, we had compressed air tanks that were rated for 5k psi. that shit was nuts. i played for a while, but that shit always scared me. a fucking potential carbon fiber bomb tucked by my chest launching projectiles  at 15 balls a second at 200 miles an hour. pressure scares me lol.

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

Re: Post things about your job that the average joe wouldnt know [Re: day_tripper]
    #15943839 - 03/13/12 08:40 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

day_tripper said:
There are two high tides a day, arriving roughly 52 minutes later every 24 hours.

There are 5 types of salmon commercially fished, with Reds a.k.a. Sockeye's being the most commonly caught/sold.

During the summer-time in Alaska the sun sits in the sky almost 24 hours a day.

You live in alaska?

I bus tables at the most profitable pizzaria in the nation.

--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Invisiblesjfrockerdude
Dead Inside
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Hell
    #15943846 - 03/13/12 08:43 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Blake_Shroom said:
Quote:

sjfrockerdude said:

when i used to play paintball, we had compressed air tanks that were rated for 5k psi. that shit was nuts. i played for a while, but that shit always scared me. a fucking potential carbon fiber bomb tucked by my chest launching projectiles  at 15 balls a second at 200 miles an hour. pressure scares me lol.

The newer designs run at around 5k psi.
At the plant we had a rumor going around that in ye olde days they would walk around with a broomstick looking for boiler leaks. Reason being, that you can't see the steam, only hear it. So when the broomstick got cut in half you knew you found the leak. :smile:

--------------------

"It is better to be a human being dissatisfied than a pig satisfied.
Better to be Socrates dissatisfied then a fool satisfied.
And if the fool or the pig are of different opinion, it is because they only know their side of the question."
John Stuart Mill

OfflineBlake_Shroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#15943893 - 03/13/12 08:55 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

sjfrockerdude said:
Quote:

Blake_Shroom said:
Quote:

sjfrockerdude said:

At the plant we had a rumor going around that in ye olde days they would walk around with a broomstick looking for boiler leaks. Reason being, that you can't see the steam, only hear it. So when the broomstick got cut in half you knew you found the leak. :smile:

dude fuck that noise. i saw this video from way back in the day in europe at a paintball event. this guy was just standing and shooting. his tank detached from his regulator somehow, and just shot off. the vid shows it snaking around on the ground, then it hit him in the ankle. i dont recall the actual damage, but after all it moved and everything, it still fucked up his ankle really bad.

also another thing about my job just to make everyone feel better. i cook at pizza hut and i was my hands constantly. its not really for sanitizing, but fuck me does it get annoying having that peperoni greases, etc. on your hands. also i have never, nor will ever spit in someones food. i dont interact with customers, so i dont give a fuck what their attitude is or whatever

Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
    #15943922 - 03/13/12 09:00 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

anyone who has ever spit in food, should fucking go to hell.

you know who you are. pig-headedness makes the world go round.

Offlinewakenbake
rollin rollin rollin
Male User Gallery

Loc: Florida Flag
    #15943931 - 03/13/12 09:01 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Blake_Shroom said:
Quote:

sjfrockerdude said:
Quote:

Blake_Shroom said:
Quote:

sjfrockerdude said:

dude fuck that noise. i saw this video from way back in the day in europe at a paintball event. this guy was just standing and shooting. his tank detached from his regulator somehow, and just shot off. the vid shows it snaking around on the ground, then it hit him in the ankle. i dont recall the actual damage, but after all it moved and everything, it still fucked up his ankle really bad.

also another thing about my job just to make everyone feel better. i cook at pizza hut and i was my hands constantly. its not really for sanitizing, but fuck me does it get annoying having that peperoni greases, etc. on your hands. also i have never, nor will ever spit in someones food. i dont interact with customers, so i dont give a fuck what their attitude is or whatever

That shits crazy, kinda scares you, i play paintball in the tournament level and everytime i dive i make sure that shit is tucked in and aint gonna be snapping off

Nothing really interesting about my job, work in a fast food place, smoke weed in the walk-in freezer. thats about it

OfflineScarab74
Warminatrix
Female

Loc: Conchs & Coconuts, USA Flag
    #15943980 - 03/13/12 09:11 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

About 80% (conservative estimate) of special education labels are BS so parents can get their offspring extra time for the SAT.

--------------------
~Scarab74
We are such stuff as dreams are made of.
                W. Shakespeare - The Tempest

OfflineKandiKitty
Unicorn Whisperer
Female

Loc: The Trailer Park
Re: Post things about your job that the average joe wouldnt know [Re: wakenbake]
    #15944008 - 03/13/12 09:17 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I manage a tanning salon and people do the most disgusting shit there.

Girls and grown women will piss in the garbages in the room because they don't wanna stop their bed, get dressed, and go to the bathroom. I've had to also clean feces out of a garbage and menstrual blood off of beds.

I find socks in the garbage because men usually put one on their dick when they go tanning.

If you go tanning and you buy lotion you're purchasing at a 300% price markup. We buy a bottle from a distributor (who marks it up on us) and we in turn double the price we pay. So that $60 bottle of tanning lotion is actually costs $15 or less. It's the biggest scam ever and which is why they force us to force it down people's throats.

Most workers never wipe the floor of the standups. You're better off going in lay down bed because that gets cleaned way better.

I fucking hate tanning but it's not nearly as dangerous as people think. It's a lot of misinformation. And most people really are Vitamin D deficient. It takes 1,000 glasses of milk to get the vitamin D you get from one session. I've worked with a lot of people who have been sent there with chronic illnesses including breast cancer, whose Vitamin D is incredibly low. It's all about moderation.

I don't know how interesting this is but, yeah that's my shitty job. Which I will be quitting tomorrow. I got hired to be a Lab Technician at a Greek Yogurt place. Wooooo!!!

--------------------

I'm a diamond that is tired
Of all the faces I've acquired.

Edited by KandiKitty (03/13/12 09:32 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder