Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNewtothis
Stranger
 User Gallery
are these ok?
    #15942159 - 03/13/12 01:40 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

my first grow following my tek. i dunk them in bottle water in zip lock bags then put them in the fridge for 12 hours. there all fuzzy are these a lost cause.  ok how do i up load pics?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemindboggle
Stranger
Re: are these ok? [Re: Newtothis]
    #15942182 - 03/13/12 01:45 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

as long as its completely white, fuzzy is good.

Offlinecrimsondrac
Stranger
    #15942187 - 03/13/12 01:46 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

By "my tek" does that mean you came up with one all yourself without ever growing before?

InvisibleTranscendingLife
I Don't Need a Life to Live
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: are these ok? [Re: crimsondrac]
    #15942280 - 03/13/12 02:08 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

You should be dunking in tap water.
The only thing distilled water is necessary for is syringes.

http://www.mushroomvideos.com/BRF-Pf-Tek
^^ follow that to the "T"
& don't forget to let your cakes consolidate for at least 1 week after full colonization.

--------------------
AMU: We Quickly Answer Questions Here
"One must accept the probability of failure to experience the elation of success." - TranscendingLife
“A man of genius makes no mistakes; his errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.” - James Joyce
:sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop::wow:How I Do EVERYTHING:wow::sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop:
"Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart…. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."- Carl Jung
"Anything that can be done chemically can be done by other means."- William S. Burroughs
"You are as dead now as you will ever be" - Seth

Offlinecrimsondrac
Stranger
Re: are these ok? [Re: TranscendingLife]
    #15942465 - 03/13/12 02:49 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

He didn't say Distilled water, he said bottled water. I myself use bottled spring water.  If I am not going to drink what comes out of the tap, neither will my mushrooms.  All that chlorine and flouride and who knows what else they are using to "clean" the water.

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #15942499 - 03/13/12 02:55 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

It's the same thing.

You're spending way too much money on water if you're using bottled/distilled water for all your grows.
I couldn't imagine how much bottled/distilled water it would take for 1 monotub run.
It's a total waste of money, time & water.
If you're that worried about what's in your water, collect rain water.

Also, what water do you think mushrooms in the wild get?

Again, bottled/distilled water only needs to be used in syringes.

--------------------
"One must accept the probability of failure to experience the elation of success." - TranscendingLife
“A man of genius makes no mistakes; his errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.” - James Joyce
:sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop::wow:How I Do EVERYTHING:wow::sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop:
"Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart…. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."- Carl Jung
"Anything that can be done chemically can be done by other means."- William S. Burroughs

Offlinecrimsondrac
Stranger
    #15942536 - 03/13/12 03:05 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Distilled water and spring water are not the same thing. Distilled water has almost no minerals in it while springwater is full of minerals. I am not talking standard bottled water.  All that is, is filtered tap water.  I can get that with a Brita filter. And I never said anything bad about rain water. Don;t know where you got that from. And if I and others want to spend the extra money on bottled water versus that crap that comes from a faucet, what difference does it make?  Some want to pay more for rye when WBS is dirt cheap. Some want to spend extra on store bought filters versus using a bit of poly or tyvek. So? Plus you have to remember that not all tap water is equal. Some communities have great tap water. I live is a city of 4 million people with a dirty filthy ship channel that runs through the middle of it. You come here and drink some tap water.

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #15942566 - 03/13/12 03:14 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I don't drink tap water.
My dog does & my mushrooms do.
Rye here is way cheaper than WBS here. 55lbs for 18 vs. 20 lbs for 8.

--------------------

OfflineCollin Jenkins
Stranger
    #15942596 - 03/13/12 03:21 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

So long as the cake had that "mushroomy" smell when you birthed your jar and it was all white you should be fine. As for the dunk, tap will do just fine. Good luck man

OfflineNewtothis
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: are these ok? [Re: Collin Jenkins]
    #15950077 - 03/15/12 08:50 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

thanks for all the help here are some pics

OfflineNewtothis
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #15950085 - 03/15/12 08:51 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

crimsondrac said:
By "my tek" does that mean you came up with one all yourself without ever growing before?

no the one that came with my grow kit.

OfflineNewtothis
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #15950110 - 03/15/12 08:58 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

thanks for all the help here are some pics. The  one that came with my grow kit is what I'm talking about.

OfflineNewtothis
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #15950114 - 03/15/12 08:59 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

im learning how to work the forms.

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #15950147 - 03/15/12 09:10 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

check out this link--> http://www.mushroomvideos.com/BRF-Pf-Tek

That'll show you how to do the PF tek right.
Also, take off the lid rings & just use the lids to set your cakes on.
You don't want pooling water in your fruiting chamber.

--------------------

Offlinecrimsondrac
Stranger
    #15950154 - 03/15/12 09:14 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Nice pics. Just a suggestion, but I would recommend not putting so many cakes in one tub in the future. Mainly, if on gets contaminated, they can all get contaminated. Generally by the time you see the Tric, it is already too late.  The green color means they have released spores. Also, some cakes will grow out, than up.  There is not much space for those cakes to grow muchrooms on.  I have seen some cakes grow fat with shrooms and they would be sorely pressed for space being that close together. Your milage may vary.

OfflineRest NVS
Seeker of knowledge
Male

Loc: Colorado
    #15950168 - 03/15/12 09:18 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Ok, so first off I know exactly where you got your growing set up from, and you need to make some improvements to it. Look up SGFC in the FAQ and thats the first step. I had the same one at first  but I quickly made the improvements needed. Even with that little hydroponic humidifier going you are not getting enough FAE (fresh air exchange) I hope your doing a lot of fanning! I see pins so your on your way to happiness. :laugh:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds