Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Question for pro-Iraq war guys [Re: JohnnyRespect]
    #1593265 - 05/30/03 01:14 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I just can't help but wonder why in the world Saddam(who was going to use his weapons on the US at any moment) didn't use them when we invaded his country.

Iraq: Uh oh, the US is going to invade. Destroy our only means of protection!

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1593271 - 05/30/03 01:15 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Well he didn't use them - which is an awfully good reason for thinking he had no usable WMD. His scientists appear all to be saying there havn't been any programmes for a good 5-10 years, even Rumsfield is softening us up for the reality that there arn't any after all.

I imagine the plan is wait until everyone has forgotten about it and then in maybe 3-4 years quietly say "He never had any after all"

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
Loc: East Coast
Re: Question for pro-Iraq war guys [Re: Xlea321]
    #1593326 - 05/30/03 01:29 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

If saddam would have used the WMD's, the entier would would have been against him (except other whacko arabs).  Before he had a chance to use them, he got a wee bit distracted by the 4 tons of bombs we dropped on him :smile:

--------------------
As I felt the soft cool mud squish between my toes, I thought, Man, these are not very good shoes!

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1593342 - 05/30/03 01:35 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

So you think he's sat in his bunker with thousands of tons of high explosive falling on him and thinking "I'd better not use those chemical weapons - I'm going to be in REAL trouble then..."

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
    #1593372 - 05/30/03 01:43 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

No, I think he was sitting down to eat and he got blown into chunks of sand monkey splattered on the wall

--------------------
As I felt the soft cool mud squish between my toes, I thought, Man, these are not very good shoes!

Anonymous

#1593412 - 05/30/03 01:57 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

WMDs were THE reason we invaded. If they don't find any, even Inny is going to apoligize and admit this was bullshit. Liberation was not THE reason, it was a happy side effect. Whatever reason is under the least scrutiny, since every single one of them falls apart when the issue is pressed, is plastered around as THE reason. Now that it looks like WMDs probably aren't going to be found, they're holding up LIBERATION, that was THE reason we went. People like you just gobble the shit up and never think about what is being said for yourself.

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
Re: Question for pro-Iraq war guys [Re: ]
    #1593443 - 05/30/03 02:07 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I agree. My inital point, months ago, was that we shouldn't rely too heavily on the WMD argument, because their was a very minute chance Saddam didn't have them anymore. I think we should have focused on Saddams pay-outs to families of suicide bombers in Palestine, his opppression of his own people, and his violation of other nations soverignities. I don't "gobble shit up", I realize that no WMD's have been found, and might never be. For me, the war wasn't baout WMD's, it was about removing a crazy tyrant. Now we know, for sure, he doesn't have any WMD's that he can use, we knoe for sure that the 600 mil we found will NOT be used to further terrorism (be it against Israel or the US), and we know that the entire landmass of Iraq will not be used openly as a terrorist training camp. How many of these things might have been a non-issue isn't the issue here, it's that now we KNOW we are. If we'd had done this same thing to Afghanistan after the first Al Q lead attacks on UN interests, we wouldn't have had 9/11. Of course, our president then was to busy recieving oral attention to worry about a silly a thing as national secuerity.

Jr

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1593484 - 05/30/03 02:18 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

You're confusing Saddam with Bin Laden again. It was Bin laden who ran the terrorist camps. Saddam and Bin laden hate each other.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
    #1593499 - 05/30/03 02:22 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

You lived in the middle east? Do tell us of your experiences :smile: I've lived in Israel, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and I visted Iraq and Iran for lengthy periods of time.  I know how the people over there lived. HOw many middle eastern languages do you speak, oh speaker of the arabs? 

I have just related the story in a thread a day or two ago.  I have no idea which one... sorry.  Basically i lived in the UAE for the last 6 months of grade 10.  Afterwards for the next 4 years i'd visit her for a few weeks in christmas and meet her at a country for summer holidays.  I got to go to greece, ireland, turkey, and thailand.  While there i visited oman as well.

For your information i don't speak any arab languages....exept being able to give directions in urdue(sp) to the taxi drivers. Im 22, live with my g/f, graduated form bcit aircraft structures program, and am currently working at my g/f family business doing nothing in particular most days and making more than i could in aircraft.  Age, and education seem to make a great deal of differance of how you view people....

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
    #1593503 - 05/30/03 02:23 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

i'm not saying that their were al Q training camps in Iraq, i'm saying that now we know, for 100% sure, that their WONT be. I think that I even stated that with my "how many of these things might be a non-issue isn't the issue here". Now I can know, for sure, that nothing being done in Iraq is leading up to another terror attack. For that assurance, we liberated a nation, gas is cheaper, one less gassing-tyrant out there. I think we came out ahead.

--------------------

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

#1593533 - 05/30/03 02:29 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

If we'd had done this same thing to Afghanistan after the first Al Q lead attacks on UN interests, we wouldn't have had 9/11.  Of course, our president then was to busy recieving oral attention to worry about a silly a thing as national secuerity.

Jr 

The terrorist hate the US because you keep fucking around with them.  Mind your own business and there wouldn't of been the first attacks on un interests.  Although if there hadn't been an iraq all the attacks to come won't happen either... :tongue:

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #1593584 - 05/30/03 02:41 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I think we should invade every country just to make sure another 9-11 doesn't happen.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Offlinehongomon
old hand
Loc: comin' at ya
Re: Question for pro-Iraq war guys [Re: Learyfan]
    #1593593 - 05/30/03 02:41 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

"Surround everybody with everything!!"

--from a Monty Python skit

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

#1593599 - 05/30/03 02:43 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

I think we came out ahead. 

Of that im sure. :smirk:

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
Re: Question for pro-Iraq war guys [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1593839 - 05/30/03 03:39 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Oh my! I get to school Azmo! hah right on :-)

The majority of the terrorist are either of Saudi origin, or carry the particular religious belife that Saudis do. This is called "wahabism" and it was founded by a Sheikh Muhammad ibn ?Abd al Wahhab Hidaayah. His teachings call for the destruction of anything that is non-Islamic, that is, that is not mentioned in the Qu'ran. This is the offical religion (or sect of Islam) that Saudi ARabia believes in ever since Prince Muhammed Bin Saud accepted Wahhab to his court years ago. Their offical religion, now, is what maeks them hate us. They hate western ideas, they hate "christianty", they hate "judism", they hate, they seek the destruction of, everything that is nto mentioned in the Qu'uran. It's idiotic to think that they are attacking us in "retaliation" for our attacks. you sound like Arafat. A very ignorant, uneducated version of arafat.

Also, the first attacks were not on UN interests, they were on the embassies (US) in Africa, and the Marines in Beiruit. Your claim that "if their hadn't been an Iraq all the attacks to come won't happen either" is stupid. Using your own logic, that would mean that the attacks in Riyahd would never have happened, had we not invaded Iraq. It means that ANY future terroristic event is because we attacked Iraq, yet in other posts, Saddam and Al Q are "bitter enemies".

I seem to interprete your position as "hey, doing the moral thing (freeing the Iraqi's, removing a tyrant) is gonna get us hurt! Why do the right thing when it opens the possiblility of us being hurt". What a cowardly thing to say. If you saw group of gang members assaulting a young child, and you had the means to dispose of them, would you? or would you say "Nah, their is a remote possibility they could come back adn attack me, so i'll just let that child get murdered?"

jr

--------------------

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

#1593866 - 05/30/03 03:45 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Mabye you didn't read the other thread yet, but your posts are not worth reading or responding to anymore....im sure that last one was just as good as the ones before....

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

InvisibleBuddha5254
addict
    #1595418 - 05/31/03 12:23 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Johnny, how can you be so well travelled and exposed, yet be so blatantly ignorant? I really cant believe that YOU believe half teh things you are saying

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
Re: Question for pro-Iraq war guys [Re: Buddha5254]
    #1595763 - 05/31/03 07:10 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

he claims to have been in the military. i was in the military and got out prematurely because half the people around me thought the same way as johny. I was at fort knox kentucky and their was segregation among the blacks and whites, really regressive stuff. It made me sick and I had to get out. doesnt surprise me at all that johny claims that he was in the military. alot of the people in the military arent their to sacrifice for country they are there because war is glorified in their minds and the thought of killing people of different belief systems legally gives them a big hard on.

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1595866 - 05/31/03 09:12 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

i'm not saying that their were al Q training camps in Iraq, i'm saying that now we know, for 100% sure, that their WONT be.

How do you know that? Iraqs a big place. You've slaughtered well over half a million kids under 5 in the last 12 years. That's an awful lot of pissed off people. I imagine you've made the terrorist problem at least 500,000 times worse.

Now I can know, for sure, that nothing being done in Iraq is leading up to another terror attack.

Al-qaeda doesn't need a country. All it needs is money and people with a grievance. They've got the money and thanks to the invasion of Iraq they'll get the people.

For that assurance, we liberated a nation

Like you "liberated" Afghanistan? Remember that place? It's now descended into complete and total anarchy and heroin production has soared 1000% as the people desperately try to survive. Some "liberation".

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
Re: Question for pro-Iraq war guys [Re: hongomon]
    #1596252 - 05/31/03 12:48 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Maybe you al live in some deep dark liberal cave, but my views aren't extreme. My views are whta we call "mainstream". the majority of America agrees with me. Come next November when bush beats whatever democrat they put up, we'll see who is with the majority :-)

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order