Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Boomr Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTaylor
Stranger

1st attempt- do I have everything right?
    #15934891 - 03/11/12 08:05 PM (12 years, 10 days ago)

So I've been reading quite a bit and I have a plan for bulk growing down but wanted to make sure nothing was wrong with it before placing my order to buy the stuff.

Basic plan-

I'm going to start with vermiculite and brown rice flower in half pint jars, inoculate them and wait for 100% colonization.  Then I crumble them up and mix with coco coir (does it matter what brand?) with 1:3 ratio (do I need to add vermic to the coir?). cover and wait for mycelium to recolonize. Put casing of vermiculite and coir over top and place tin in fruiting chamber with perlite and water at the bottom of the FC. introduce light and remove tin foil on the tray and wait. (of course, sterilizing everything)

So far after reading for a few months off and on that is what I have gathered.

Also would it be worth it to go bulk this way, or should I just put the cakes in the FC and let them grow that way without crumbling them? Which results in a bigger yield? if everything is correct, I'll be ordering the stuff and will start soon. Thanks.

Edited by Taylor (03/11/12 08:08 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJoeMama1992
Asleep at the Wheel

. [Re: Taylor]
    #15934950 - 03/11/12 08:20 PM (12 years, 10 days ago)

Edited by JoeMama1992 (11/08/13 08:27 PM)

OfflineTaylor
Stranger

Re: 1st attemp- do I have everything right? [Re: JoeMama1992]
    #15934993 - 03/11/12 08:31 PM (12 years, 10 days ago)

Alright I might just keep them as individual cakes then. I'll be sure to use just vermiculite, thanks.

So the yield would be bigger. Greed for more shrooms over experience is a hard thing to choose. Thanks for the quick reply!

Offlinemrmojoshroomin
All-summa BeenNoddin
Male User Gallery

Loc: OH
Re: 1st attemp- do I have everything right? [Re: JoeMama1992]
    #15935079 - 03/11/12 08:47 PM (12 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

JoeMama1992 said:
Had the EXACT same plan you did, but a few members on here convinced me to do cakes first, and I couldn't be more grateful, you should definitely fruit as cakes first to understand what you need to do to ensure a healthy life-cycle, still on the 1st batch of cakes, & learning everyday, but don't get in over your head, as it could potentially be discouraging and make you feel like you can't succeed at this. But regardless, make sure you let your cakes consolidate before birthing, and then do a 24 hour dunk even if you are crumbling them and spawning to bulk. As for your planned casing layer, I suppose it would be fine but I've read enough here to learn that your casing layer should be non-nutritious, and coir is nutritious, so a straight verm casing would probably be your best bet on your first couple grows, until you get the feel of things. But again, I am new, and you should probably wait for a more experienced member to reply. Good Luck!
EDIT: On the subject of yield, if you were to succeed with spawning to bulk, the bulk would obviously yield more, just saw that question.

I agree 100%, going bulk is kinda like getting your learners permit in a NASCAR race car, though the same make and model as car from a dealer, just a little more than one should try to handle their first time driving!!! Learn and execute the basics first, then go for yield. It will/could save you money, time, and headaches.

OfflineTaylor
Stranger

Re: 1st attemp- do I have everything right? [Re: Taylor]
    #15935177 - 03/11/12 09:03 PM (12 years, 10 days ago)

Very good points.

I guess since you don't regret by not going bulk, I probably won't regret it either. I think I will keep the cakes together and try and gain some experience first from them, and then try bulk.

At least this way, if one cake goes bad, it doesn't contaminate the whole project like it would if I went bulk. Thanks again for the advice you guys.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Boomr Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds