Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBuckeye Oysters
From Zero to Hero
 User Gallery

P. Galindoi ATL #7 sclerotia grow
    #15929923 - 03/10/12 03:56 PM (12 years, 20 days ago)

I started with P. mexicana, now I am trying galindoi ATL #7 while my first mex isolate bags finish up.  I like how the galindoi is a fast colonizer and puts out lots of stones next to the plastic for easy observation of its progress.  These bags are multispore and a little over 1 month old.  Winter rye and 1/4 ratio coffee solution with kroger brand instant coffee:

I am working on isolating different stones and doing testing.  From what I have heard smaller stone isolates give larger yields than larger stone isolates.  I welcome any advice.

--------------------
Evolution is Lamarckism in disguise.  Adaptation never creates a new species or trait, but rather the new species/trait always existed within the parent DNA until circumstances allowed it to be activated.  For instance, every wolf has the DNA for poodles, but that DNA would never be revealed without man selectively breeding for it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesof4r0ckeRs1984
Male User Gallery

Re: P. Galindoi ATL #7 sclerotia grow [Re: Buckeye Oysters]
    #16047622 - 04/05/12 12:32 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Wow. Those seem to go a lot better than mex A.

Offlinetripdawg420
low life with no life
Male

Loc: illinois
Re: P. Galindoi ATL #7 sclerotia grow [Re: sof4r0ckeRs1984]
    #16047693 - 04/05/12 12:43 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

:headbang3:

--------------------
HUSTLER
How U Survive This Life Everyday Resourcefully
epic GT mono tub
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/17277772

wbs tek
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11525679
coir tek
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11917410
results :thumbup:

OfflineDrCrumbs
Alpha Blue

Loc: Gili Trawangan
Re: P. Galindoi ATL #7 sclerotia grow [Re: tripdawg420] * 1
    #16047908 - 04/05/12 01:14 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Awesome!

OfflineBuckeye Oysters
From Zero to Hero
 User Gallery

Re: P. Galindoi ATL #7 sclerotia grow [Re: sof4r0ckeRs1984]
    #16050549 - 04/05/12 10:28 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

sof4r0ckeRs1984 said:
Wow. Those seem to go a lot better than mex A.

Yes they are easier.  The mex A just needs to be properly isolated and tested before starting production.

--------------------
Evolution is Lamarckism in disguise.  Adaptation never creates a new species or trait, but rather the new species/trait always existed within the parent DNA until circumstances allowed it to be activated.  For instance, every wolf has the DNA for poodles, but that DNA would never be revealed without man selectively breeding for it.

OfflineBuckeye Oysters
From Zero to Hero
 User Gallery

#16050575 - 04/05/12 10:35 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Update 4/6

Broke down first bag.  I chose the one that colonized first.  I sorted by hand.  Don't have weight total yet, will post when dried.  One picture is 3 largest stones about half a golf ball volume each.  I like how these stones are yellow and easy to see when sorting, unlike mex A stones which are about the same coloration as rye grain.  Stones were about 1/2 density of mex stones, very fluffy like polyfoam or puffed corn cereal.

--------------------

OfflineBuckeye Oysters
From Zero to Hero
 User Gallery

#16051753 - 04/06/12 07:52 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I think if i put these next to some ginger root, I could not visually tell the difference.  If I was a person selling these whole I would label and bag them as ginger.

--------------------

Offlinei like cow poo
Nature Lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mother Nature's Vagina
    #16051756 - 04/06/12 07:53 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

you have to let them grow for 4-6 months, and the potency increases ALOT:awesomenod:

OfflineBuckeye Oysters
From Zero to Hero
 User Gallery

Re: P. Galindoi ATL #7 sclerotia grow [Re: i like cow poo]
    #16051760 - 04/06/12 07:56 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Do they get denser as well?

--------------------

Offlinei like cow poo
Nature Lover
Male User Gallery

#16051814 - 04/06/12 08:25 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Judging by the pictures of other grows yes. All I know is that I've consistently heard you need to wait 4-6 months to get the potency up. Beware they will be potent!:rofl:

OfflineOregonChronic
Iron, Lion, Cyans
 User Gallery

Loc: Scoping Woodchips
    #16051945 - 04/06/12 09:21 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

ya i inocd two qt jars of rye with some atl#7 spores back in nov and i still havnt harvested the stones. mostly because i had to move and literally forgot about them. im about to harvest the stones and spawn remaining rye to some coir to hopefully get some fruits. i had a thread on em but lost track.

--------------------
:mushroomgrow:Wavy Cap Cyan Spore Prints for Trade/Sale :mushroomgrow:

Offlinei like cow poo
Nature Lover
Male User Gallery

Re: P. Galindoi ATL #7 sclerotia grow [Re: OregonChronic]
    #16052102 - 04/06/12 10:15 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

test them out and let us know the potency:awesomenod:

OfflineBuckeye Oysters
From Zero to Hero
 User Gallery

#16052556 - 04/06/12 12:28 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

k, will test saturday

--------------------

OfflineBuckeye Oysters
From Zero to Hero
 User Gallery

#16052572 - 04/06/12 12:31 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

In the pic with the 3 large stones the smaller one to the bottom left was much more like a mex stone, with a smoother texture and much denser.  Makes me think that all these stone producers might interbreed if the right strains met.

--------------------

Onlinepslyke
fantasmagoric
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #16052595 - 04/06/12 12:37 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Well aged Galindoi is crazy strong! Woo weee :feelshighman:

--------------------
"What appears impenetrable to us does exist, manifesting itself in the deepest wisdom and the most radiant beauty" Einstein

"The conservatives of 70 years ago would be outraged at what has come to pass. It embodies everything they took up arms for to defeat"Asante

:kratom:

OfflineBuckeye Oysters
From Zero to Hero
 User Gallery

Re: P. Galindoi ATL #7 sclerotia grow [Re: pslyke]
    #16054381 - 04/06/12 08:34 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I have been thinking,... I am not sure about this 4 month grow time being necessary.  RR talks about how he only grows stones for 2 months, sometimes only 6 weeks before he harvests.  If the stones increased significantly in potency i think RR would mention it and would not harvest as early as he does.  I believe Stonesun only does his for 3 months.  Does anyone have a thread testing this?  I know how mush myths like to get passed around.

--------------------

Offlinestarcade
Paladin

Re: P. Galindoi ATL #7 sclerotia grow [Re: Buckeye Oysters] * 1
    #16054782 - 04/06/12 10:22 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Can somebody tell me how this is done, never saw this stone business..

OfflineBuckeye Oysters
From Zero to Hero
 User Gallery

Re: P. Galindoi ATL #7 sclerotia grow [Re: starcade]
    #16056082 - 04/07/12 08:32 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

starcade said:
Can somebody tell me how this is done, never saw this stone business..

Stones are slowly catching on because they are so easy to grow, but you are right they rarely come up in the cultivation threads.

Stones come from the sclerotia producing psilocybe species, P. galindoi, P. mexicana, P. tampanensis, etc..  They are another stage of growth where the mycellium knots up into dense clusters so that it can survive harsh climate times, then fruit directly from the stones when conditions are right.  The stones themselves have a different trip than the fruits, which is more focused and you can talk and think on them.  Hence the name 'philosopher stones'

Easiest method is to inoculate 1/4 strength coffee soaked rye grain (not grass seed) with spores, mix, and let sit for 2-6months, then harvest.

--------------------

Edited by Buckeye Oysters (04/07/12 08:34 AM)

OfflineAbraxis0
This machine kills FASCISTS
 User Gallery

Loc: Bellona
Re: P. Galindoi ATL #7 sclerotia grow [Re: pslyke]
    #16056492 - 04/07/12 11:06 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

pslyke said:
Well aged Galindoi is crazy strong! Woo weee :feelshighman:

I've only seen them grown once the the guy who grew 'em let them go for NINE months.... ate 6 grams dry and had my mind blown like nothing before or since. Seriously I've reached some pretty far heights in my travels but that blew everything away!

--------------------
. . .. ... ...!. ........ .!..........! ..........!..........

Onlinepslyke
fantasmagoric
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: P. Galindoi ATL #7 sclerotia grow [Re: Abraxis0]
    #16057527 - 04/07/12 03:36 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Sorry guys, I can't specifically say that increasing the duration of growth increases the potency for sure (I have only had 6 month old stones once, and no side by side comparisons). What I can say, is that the 6 month old Galindoi kicked my ass! I agree that there are a lot of myths in mushroom cultivation and it would do us all good to dispel some of these. However, I think it is generally agreed upon that those mushrooms that take a long time to grow (like the Penis Envy varieties and Redboy) tend to be fairly strong, by comparison. Perhaps it is the same with stone producers---that is, the longer the growth the more the magic has a chance to develop. In any case, I found the nature of the trip similar to that of any cube mushroom trip (just stronger because of the quantity and/or age that I took). I really wanted to tease out any subtle differences between stones and mushrooms but they just weren't obvious to me. I find every mushroom trip has unique aspects and stones fell well within the spectrum of what I would or could experience on mushrooms.

--------------------
"What appears impenetrable to us does exist, manifesting itself in the deepest wisdom and the most radiant beauty" Einstein

"The conservatives of 70 years ago would be outraged at what has come to pass. It embodies everything they took up arms for to defeat"Asante

:kratom:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds