Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebenjamintran1126
Stranger
First time grower w/Pics Golden Teacher
    #15922902 - 03/09/12 02:10 AM (12 years, 22 days ago)

So I am a first time grower, growing the Golden Teacher shrooms. Just wanted to post some pictures.

One cake produced only one gigantic shroom, weighing in at 31.5g wet!

Here is the cakes and the fruiting chamber. They are starting to blue. I think its because I'm not misting and fanning enough. Only do it like 3 times a day :frown:

Thanks for taking a look =]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMachineElf1.618
4-PO-Dimethyltryptamine
Male User Gallery

Loc: Miðgarðr
Re: First time grower w/Pics Golden Teacher [Re: benjamintran1126]
    #15922909 - 03/09/12 02:14 AM (12 years, 22 days ago)

Gt was one of my first strains. I ad pretty big flushes but you have muc bigger fruits. Is this your first flush?

OfflineThe Influence
Free Sheeks
Male User Gallery

Loc: Not Wisconsin
Re: First time grower w/Pics Golden Teacher [Re: MachineElf1.618]
    #15922938 - 03/09/12 02:32 AM (12 years, 21 days ago)

Those cake could definitely use some more FAE, notice the white fuzziness at the base of the stems? Thats the indicator you need more FAE. Your pictures are not the best but man them cakes look like they might be contaminated. Are you using an SGFC?

You do got some giants on your hands :awethumb:

OfflinewerDehT
Offset
Male

Loc: Over the cuckoo's nest
Re: First time grower w/Pics Golden Teacher [Re: MachineElf1.618]
    #15922941 - 03/09/12 02:35 AM (12 years, 21 days ago)

I second the possible contam. Never seen cakes get that blue.

Quote:

mtlmike90 said:
Is this your first flush?

--------------------
"It's only after you've lost everything that your free to do anything."

Offlinebenjamintran1126
Stranger
Re: First time grower w/Pics Golden Teacher [Re: The Influence]
    #15922951 - 03/09/12 02:42 AM (12 years, 21 days ago)

This is my first flush, I didn't dunk them into water like I should have.

Thats what I thought, so i left my lid a little open so it can get some FAE. I thought about contam but I think its that because on my first 2 days I didn't turn off the lights and it burned the foil a little and caused it to blue, plus I heard when you handle them they might bruise. I pried on the blue stuff and in the inside it was still hard white Mycellium. What's SGFC? (sorry still a noob) I hope its not any contam, in the pics it looks worse then they look in person.

Do you think its possible that it's contaminated? I noticed within a day it turned blue outta no where when the first day it was just pure white. I read if you mist directly onto the cakes it might blue as well. Is that true?

Any input would be great. Thanks!!!!

OfflinewerDehT
Offset
Male

#15922961 - 03/09/12 02:47 AM (12 years, 21 days ago)

If it is a blue, not green then don't worry it's fine. I'm sure it's because you didn't do the dunk. Sry for alarming you lol

Your light burnt the foil? You sure it's not spores on the tin foil? That much heat would have completely dried the cakes (probably lit them on fire) and left ya fruitless.

--------------------

Edited by werDehT (03/09/12 02:49 AM)

Offlinebenjamintran1126
Stranger
Re: First time grower w/Pics Golden Teacher [Re: werDehT]
    #15922971 - 03/09/12 02:50 AM (12 years, 21 days ago)

Haha ok =] You got me second guessing myself for a second. Yeah its a blue for sure not a hard green or mold looking. I looked at other pics and i see that people stems are not bluing like mine are. Any take on what it maybe? The first 2 days it was a pure white and then over night it started to blue. Maybe from me touching it too much? haha I hope there still good to eat!

Offlinebenjamintran1126
Stranger
    #15922983 - 03/09/12 02:55 AM (12 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

werDehT said:
If it is a blue, not green then don't worry it's fine. I'm sure it's because you didn't do the dunk. Sry for alarming you lol

Your light burnt the foil? You sure it's not spores on the tin foil? That much heat would have completely dried the cakes (probably lit them on fire) and left ya fruitless.

I'm sure its not the spores on the foil. The spore is on the corner of my FC. I left the light on for 2 days straight without turning it off cuz I was outta town. Forgot to tell someone to turn it off and mist and fan. The cakes are really really dry to the touch. It definitly needs to be dunked!

Quick question, do I need to keep dunking them inbetween flushes?

OfflinewerDehT
Offset
Male

#15922988 - 03/09/12 02:56 AM (12 years, 21 days ago)

They'll be fine to eat. My money is on severe dehydration. Don't think I've ever heard of anyone not dunking them. I definitely recommend doing it after the first flush, though you still might not get a second.

--------------------

Offlinebenjamintran1126
Stranger
    #15923000 - 03/09/12 03:01 AM (12 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

werDehT said:
They'll be fine to eat. My money is on severe dehydration. Don't think I've ever heard of anyone not dunking them. I definitely recommend doing it after the first flush, though you still might not get a second.

Quote:

werDehT said:

My money is on that too. Should of payed more attention to them. I noticed people having way more pins then I do where as I have less but I got huge fruits. If the cakes are dehydrated there won't be a possibility of a second flush? I just dunked one of my cakes into tap water overnight and replaced it back into the FC. I'm hoping to see some pins in a few days...hopefully :frown:

OfflinewerDehT
Offset
Male

#15923006 - 03/09/12 03:06 AM (12 years, 21 days ago)

As dried out as those are they might be done after this one. I don't know for sure just an educated guess, never been in this situation.

Something else u could do OP, I would if it were me, while ur waiting for ur first flush to be over put an old school drip shield in there and mist until you run out of water. Poor myc lol

--------------------

Offlinebenjamintran1126
Stranger
    #15923010 - 03/09/12 03:09 AM (12 years, 21 days ago)

Could I just take the cakes and case them? They are still mostly white.

OfflinewerDehT
Offset
Male

#15923016 - 03/09/12 03:14 AM (12 years, 21 days ago)

I don't think that's an option after you've initiated fruiting. If it were would the myc have the energy to repair itself after breakin the cakes up? I have no idea, you'll have to wait for someone more experienced on that one. I wouldn't do it though, doesn't sound like a good idea.

--------------------

OfflineThe Influence
Free Sheeks
Male User Gallery

#15923038 - 03/09/12 03:26 AM (12 years, 21 days ago)

Your good man, it's probably just the pictures. And after you gave us the run down it is just bluing. Give them a nice long dunk and you will be good to go :thumbup: Oh and an SGFC is a type of fruiting chamber that has 1/4 inch holes drilled on all six sides with 4-5 inchs of damp perlite in the bottom. If your not using one you should, they provide more FAE with less fanning. Have you ever seen the "Lets Grow Mushrooms" videos by Roger Rabbit?

OfflineVort
quietly inadequate
 User Gallery

Loc: HTTP 404 Not Found
Re: First time grower w/Pics Golden Teacher [Re: The Influence]
    #15923050 - 03/09/12 03:37 AM (12 years, 21 days ago)

Beautiful pics - makes me <3 shrooms more ;-)
Those are so big!
And wtf is one of them doing at the bottom right? ... growing down?!

:yourock:

:awesomenod:

:pedobearpancakes:

--------------------
:rofl: Balingup drive by    :dielaughing:  Grow slow mo

Offlinebenjamintran1126
Stranger
Re: First time grower w/Pics Golden Teacher [Re: Vort]
    #15924136 - 03/09/12 11:12 AM (12 years, 21 days ago)

Thanks for the support guys =] I haven't seen the video "Lets Grow Mushrooms" by Roger Rabbit yet. I would definitely look into it. Thanks of the tip Influence. I'm going to definitely drill holes on all 4 sides of my FC today. I have a small hand fan that i use to fan and notice that when i leave it going for about 2 mins, i dry up all the mist pretty fast.

@Vort: Yeah the bottom one is growing downwards, one lonely guy!. haha The one in the middle looks like a hard erected you know what. Haha All by itself.

OfflineThe Influence
Free Sheeks
Male User Gallery

#15924211 - 03/09/12 11:41 AM (12 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

benjamintran1126 said:
Thanks for the support guys =] I haven't seen the video "Lets Grow Mushrooms" by Roger Rabbit yet. I would definitely look into it. Thanks of the tip Influence. I'm going to definitely drill holes on all 4 sides of my FC today. I have a small hand fan that i use to fan and notice that when i leave it going for about 2 mins, i dry up all the mist pretty fast.

@Vort: Yeah the bottom one is growing downwards, one lonely guy!. haha The one in the middle looks like a hard erected you know what. Haha All by itself.

A fan is overkill, once you drill them holes you will be good. Oh I think I forgot to mention that you need to drill them every 2 inchs. They need to be on all six sides though, not four. This includes top and bottom so fresh air can circulate all around. Go to youtube and look up "Lets Grow Mushrooms PF tek" and watch parts 1-4. It will explain it better than I. Goodluck :cheers:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags