Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegroingrinder
mycophiliac

Re: Calling all Arizona Growers--I GIVE UP [Re: goatywoaty]
    #1600948 - 06/02/03 09:07 AM (21 years, 24 days ago)

Ok we are into the triple digits of summer and it is not likely to get any better until the end of September. I keep the inside of my house a toasty 70 degrees so I have not experienced your over heating, but I think I have a solution for you. This is going to require a little engineering and money though. First you need one of those portable heater/coolers that run on 12 volts dc. They have these at wal mart. You will also need a solar panel and a 12 volt deep cycle battery. You can get away with using a regular car battery for a while, but it is not as good as a deep cycle battery. The heater/cooler is used as your incubator and is hooked up to the car battery which is in turn hooked up to the solar panel. The solar panel is , of course, placed outside where it can soak up the abundant Arizona solar energy. You could also use one of those wal wart transformers to power the cooler, but then you are back to adding on to your electric bill, although I don't think it will eat up that much electricity. As for the humidity. I use a standard clear rubbermaid with perlite in the bottom. I also have a cool mist from vicks plumbed into the rubbermaid it is on a timer to comes on twice a day for about 40 minutes. This is more for air exchange than to provide humidity as that is already taken care of by the perlite. I have been using this setup for about a year with casings. I don't know how it would work with cakes though. I don't think you would have a problem cutting a hole in the cooler to run a hose in from a humidifier, just make sure not to hit any wires.

--------------------
Let's not confuse truth with reality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineigore
Shroomist
Loc: AZ
Re: Calling all Arizona Growers--I GIVE UP [Re: groingrinder]
    #1601424 - 06/02/03 12:49 PM (21 years, 24 days ago)

thank you very much for your suggestion, I will try to put it to good use.

Offlineigore
Shroomist
Loc: AZ
Re: Calling all Arizona Growers--I GIVE UP [Re: igore]
    #1657438 - 06/24/03 12:17 AM (21 years, 2 days ago)

A Break in the situation has just occured. My fried notices that his basement is the coolest place in the house (70-75). He moves his terrarium down there and births two cakes in the secluded corner of the storage room. He's thinking everything is allllll good. He went to move a shelf in front of the terrarium to conceal it and jarred a coffe maker off the shelf onto his terrarium shattering the custom cut plate glass roofing panels and tipping over his cakes possibly contaminating them as well. Hes got to start all over with those roofing panels. Bummer....

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix