Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous

ATTN: Everyone needs to read this!
    #1591623 - 05/30/03 12:47 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Are you tired of having no voice? Do you wonder what you were meant to do in life, do you want to give your life meaning? Many years from now when I'm too old and its too late to do anything, I'll want to know that my life wasn't meaningless, I'll want to know that I actually made a difference, no matter how small.

I propose a joined effort among this online community and others with similar beliefs where we can all get together, and take an activist role on the ?War on Drugs.? People support this war because they believe the lies that the government and the media is telling them. They believe all drug users are unsuccessful losers who make no contribution to society. If we can change their views and give them unbiased honest information about drugs such as Marijuana or Mushrooms, we can slowly change the people?s opinions. The reason these drugs aren't legalized is because regular people like you and me don't do anything about it. We think ?I am but one, what can I do.?  Too many of us think this way, we think there is always someone else to speak for us. Those with the balls to speak out are in the minority. That is our problem right there! There are 15,000 members here, if each one would make a pledge to do their best in activism, just think of the impact we'd be making!

I propose that we come out of our drug-user closet, and stand up for what we believe! We can no longer lie to ourselves and continue to hide behind the curtain of social acceptance, we have to show people how great we really are. When I come to the Shroomery I see some of the most intelligent, caring, and thoughtful people I know. We have to show society that these very same people are proud drug users. What will they think then?

You want to help?

Go to colleges and pass around flyers with some real unbiased info.

Show your support by being open about your drug use.

Try to get a position in your local government.

Please feel free to post your ideas guys.

You can't read this and think to yourself, "What can I do, I'm just one person, I can't make a difference." Well your right, but if everyone who reads this actually helps out, and stands up for what they believe, we can become strong! This is your calling, Don't ignore it!

Please post if your gonna help out  :smile:
PROJECT PLEDGE

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
Loc: East Coast
Re: ATTN: Everyone needs to read this! [Re: ]
    #1591697 - 05/30/03 01:14 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Definatly! I think that if everyone that was using drugs went to college (and those in college USING drugs decided to put some effort into making it legal) we would have an educated mass out there of people who want to legalize drugs and are in the "power postions" to make it happen. I'm currently attending college with hopes of becoming a physician and numerous doctors that Iw ork with in the OR smoke pot. I think that if potheads did what faggo...er... homosexuals did, and just "come out of the closet", people would see that their mailmen, their mechanics, the electrcian that fixes their wires, the nurses that take care oftheir kids, copious amounts of people smoke marijuana. Of course, if you are admitting it at work, it's a great way to lose your job. I'd say contacting a local NORML chapter is a great start. www.norml.org

pz

--------------------
As I felt the soft cool mud squish between my toes, I thought, Man, these are not very good shoes!

Anonymous

Re: ATTN: Everyone needs to read this! [Re: JohnnyRespect]
    #1591729 - 05/30/03 01:23 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Hell yeah!

Glad your helping out man. Thats a good idea with contacting NORML, Im gonna do it.

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: ATTN: Everyone needs to read this! [Re: JohnnyRespect]
    #1591734 - 05/30/03 01:24 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Don't forget programmer/analysts and all the other various propeller heads that make the technology possible. They're some of the biggest pot heads I know.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #1591735 - 05/30/03 01:24 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Yes, this is a great idea. We have a lot of people here, and if even a portion of us could dedicate some serious time to drug policy reform, or even simply drug awareness.. I think it would chase a good cause - and maybe even speed up the social realization that drugs don't have to be illegal, and that society will likely benefit from legalization not only from less crowding in the prison system (which holds a ridiculous amount of non-violent drug offenders with tax payer $), but also by allowing people the freedom of choice without fear of being ostracized.

Anyone interested should also check out the Drug Policy Alliance, the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws, and even this thread..

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
    #1591756 - 05/30/03 01:32 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Sounds like a good idea to me! :laugh:

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: ATTN: Everyone needs to read this! [Re: Papaver]
    #1591856 - 05/30/03 01:59 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for the replies guys. Do you think I could cross post this in OTD?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion