Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | Next > | Last >
InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Uncanny Valley
Re: Ask a defense attorney [Re: Dr.Dankhead]
    #21400152 - 03/12/15 10:22 PM (9 years, 18 days ago)

Probably.  Your HIPAA lawyer will have to tell you if it violates any laws.

--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDr.Dankhead
Uhh...doctor gonzo?
Male User Gallery

Loc: Breathing down your neck Flag
Re: Ask a defense attorney [Re: Enlil]
    #21400309 - 03/12/15 11:15 PM (9 years, 18 days ago)

Alrighty thank you

--------------------

:mushroom2:**need a check up?**:aliendance: **im a Doctor**:mushroom2:
:bow2::bow2::bow2::bow2::bow2::bow2::bow2::bow2::bow2::bow2:
i sometimes wish I was a wormy, wiggling all in the cold dirt...tickle tackle pickle dickle think a mackshift thought of broken words broken gears and words of conundrums..I'm not a weiner doctor so take that shit to dr. Gonz free boob inplant consultations.. Photo required

InvisibleSun King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #21402156 - 03/13/15 01:02 PM (9 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:
Quote:

Anonymous said:
hypothetically, what would be the best way of laundering money? starting an all cash business and make up hand written receipts? is there a better way?

i guess im asking, if you were going to launder money, how would you go about doing it?

If I were going to launder money, I'd start a service business that is unregulated.  Perhaps a mobile detailing company.

A car wash would be better.

--------------------

OfflineWhoManBeing
PsychedelicYogi
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: Ask a defense attorney [Re: Sun King]
    #21402842 - 03/13/15 03:59 PM (9 years, 17 days ago)

attorney, can you call lawyer Barr Mary Williams phone number +22998743644 .  hahaha!  says he has my money, our money, ya' know.

Bradley Davis.

--------------------
Hip, hip... WhoRAy!!!

Eye was thinking the other day...  ahh, thinking never done me no good.

Offlinefuzzysig
user

Re: Ask a defense attorney [Re: WhoManBeing]
    #21404473 - 03/13/15 11:13 PM (9 years, 17 days ago)

if I buy something locally and seller claims its in working order in his ad. can I take him to small claims court if the item is broken and hes not willing to work it out?

say I inspect it and test it as much as I can and then I try to use it and its internally broken needs a lot of repairs

Offlineweliveinawheel
Stranger
Re: Ask a defense attorney [Re: fuzzysig]
    #21408029 - 03/14/15 05:03 PM (9 years, 16 days ago)

Ok,

I am new to this site so I am posting this question here based on a slightly educated guess... but I've been known to be wrong! :eek:

Anyways, I was driving. Looked in my mirror and sure enough, flashing red and blue lights. Ugh.

Cop comes up to my door and says that he ran my plate and it was showing I did not have insurance. I did. I gave him my insurance. He verified it, good to go.

Not quite.

He said he smelled marijuana in my car. The real kicker is... I actually do not smoke. I told him I dont. He asked about searching my car, I said that I didn't find that necessary. Mind you, the entire time, I was looking him in his eyes, was very polite, and even admitted that I suffer from panic attacks - which is why I might have looked like I was shaking or about to puke (not to mention, at 26 years old - I have never been pulled over!)

Anyways, he asked if I could think of anything that might be in my car, otherwise, of course the dogs would be called and since he said he smelled it, he already had probable cause to search.

I remembered a grinder that was in my car forever, after he asked me 5 more times. I was honest and told him. He asked me to get it for him. I did. He thanked me for "making things easier."

(Maybe there was other contraband in the car, maybe not) but he did no further searching after I handed it to him. He told me I could get back in the car. I was not given a ticket, citation, nothing.

He did say that I could get something in the mail because of the grinder.

My question... is this going to be a fine? Am I even going to get anything, he did not write anything down regarding the grinder. As soon as he got in his car, he drove around me and closely followed the next car, running plates.

I have no prior record. Should I get a public defender? I have no idea what I'm in for... or what the possibilities even are...

Invisibletrippinballs420
Samall Johnson
Male User Gallery

Loc: CO Flag
Re: Ask a defense attorney [Re: weliveinawheel]
    #21409236 - 03/14/15 10:34 PM (9 years, 16 days ago)

Enlil needs a state and possibly county of where this took place.

a state at the very least

--------------------
ModestMouse said:
"Much love for all of the regs here that's all I got to say
:goodnight: "

:heart:

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Ask a defense attorney [Re: fuzzysig]
    #21409706 - 03/15/15 01:56 AM (9 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

fuzzysig said:
if I buy something locally and seller claims its in working order in his ad. can I take him to small claims court if the item is broken and hes not willing to work it out?

say I inspect it and test it as much as I can and then I try to use it and its internally broken needs a lot of repairs

You can always take him to small claims court.  You'll have to prove that he misrepresented the item, however, and that the misrepresentation caused you to miss hidden damage.  Otherwise, a sale of used goods is caveat emptor.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Ask a defense attorney [Re: weliveinawheel]
    #21409715 - 03/15/15 02:00 AM (9 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

weliveinawheel said:
Ok,

I am new to this site so I am posting this question here based on a slightly educated guess... but I've been known to be wrong! :eek:

Anyways, I was driving. Looked in my mirror and sure enough, flashing red and blue lights. Ugh.

Cop comes up to my door and says that he ran my plate and it was showing I did not have insurance. I did. I gave him my insurance. He verified it, good to go.

Not quite.

He said he smelled marijuana in my car. The real kicker is... I actually do not smoke. I told him I dont. He asked about searching my car, I said that I didn't find that necessary. Mind you, the entire time, I was looking him in his eyes, was very polite, and even admitted that I suffer from panic attacks - which is why I might have looked like I was shaking or about to puke (not to mention, at 26 years old - I have never been pulled over!)

Anyways, he asked if I could think of anything that might be in my car, otherwise, of course the dogs would be called and since he said he smelled it, he already had probable cause to search.

I remembered a grinder that was in my car forever, after he asked me 5 more times. I was honest and told him. He asked me to get it for him. I did. He thanked me for "making things easier."

(Maybe there was other contraband in the car, maybe not) but he did no further searching after I handed it to him. He told me I could get back in the car. I was not given a ticket, citation, nothing.

He did say that I could get something in the mail because of the grinder.

My question... is this going to be a fine? Am I even going to get anything, he did not write anything down regarding the grinder. As soon as he got in his car, he drove around me and closely followed the next car, running plates.

I have no prior record. Should I get a public defender? I have no idea what I'm in for... or what the possibilities even are...

You can't get a public defender unless/until you're charged.  You haven't been charged, at least by what you've said in this post.

It's not likely that you will be charged, either.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

Anonymous #91

#21410176 - 03/15/15 06:03 AM (9 years, 16 days ago)

Is there any kind of legal reason that it would be a bad idea to keep my illegal drugs in the same safe I keep my pistol (legally owned by me)? It's not a lot, and could never be construed as being anything more than a personal amount use, but I prefer to keep them far out of sight and away from prying eyes/hands. They're Xanax if it matters. I know that if you have a gun on you and get caught selling drugs, it escalates things, but does the same hold true for just being in possession? Also Texas if it matters.

Invisiblevandago
 User Gallery

Loc: .
Re: Ask a defense attorney [Re: Anonymous #91]
    #21415438 - 03/16/15 11:12 AM (9 years, 15 days ago)

Here's a weird question......

Someone is inquiring about buying my hair.  They asked me if it's ever been treated which it has not ......then they asked if I did drugs.....which seemed weird to me as it was a new user on ebay with NO feedback.....

I'm super paranoid. All the time. And that's an understatement.

I've been somewhat sober lately but not entirely.

If they bought my hair, and it had traces of random drugs in it, and the person who bought it was a fed.....would that be evidence against me in a court of law?  I always fear the feds are just going to come nab me for all the dirty deeds I've done dirt cheap ( I've never hurt anyone I'm not a hitman ).....but drugs are bad mmmkay....

Am I being paranoid here....or could all the drugs in my hair be a charge?

Anonymous #91

Re: Ask a defense attorney [Re: vandago]
    #21415637 - 03/16/15 12:10 PM (9 years, 15 days ago)

Obviously wait for his advice, but no. I don't think that's enough to get a charge against you for any reason. It MIGHT (and that's just me being cautious) give them grounds for a search warrant if you're already under investigation/suspicion for drug use. But short of that, it's not really anything to worry about from a legal stand point in terms of bring up charges.

I however would not comply, not out of paranoia for pending law involvement.. It's just a really fucking weird request.

Is there any reason someone wold be investigating you? Did they give any reasoning on why? Maybe you should ask, for curiosity's sake.

I can't imagine that cops don't use dirty tricks in severe crimes (robbery, murder) to try and see if perhaps they have the right person without outright blowing the case. So I guess it's feasible if you were a suspect in a murder, they might resort to such extent.

Just my ramblings. Don't take my word for it, and definitely wait for him, but it's something to think about.

Invisiblevandago
 User Gallery

Loc: .
    #21415811 - 03/16/15 12:48 PM (9 years, 15 days ago)

Well I've never done any malicious harm to anyone, never raped anyone, never kidnapped anyone.....I mean a lot of us are addicts on this site.....I think with the amount of felonies I have they wouldn't need dirty hair to get a warrant.

The person said in the wig making world if there's a lot of chemicals stored in the hair it makes for a bad wig? Does that sound legit?  She said my asking price was incredibly high so she wanted to make sure it was the best of the best.....it just seems weird but I need money so bad right now and I am not trying to resort to drug dealing or anything else shady.

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #21415825 - 03/16/15 12:51 PM (9 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

Anonymous said:
Is there any kind of legal reason that it would be a bad idea to keep my illegal drugs in the same safe I keep my pistol (legally owned by me)? It's not a lot, and could never be construed as being anything more than a personal amount use, but I prefer to keep them far out of sight and away from prying eyes/hands. They're Xanax if it matters. I know that if you have a gun on you and get caught selling drugs, it escalates things, but does the same hold true for just being in possession? Also Texas if it matters.

It's not a huge deal as long as the amounts are very, very small.  Still, I wouldn't put them in the same place largely because it looks on paper like a drugs and guns charge waiting to happen.  A good defense attorney is going to avoid that, but this is Texas, and they are known to overcharge on drug cases.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Ask a defense attorney [Re: vandago]
    #21415840 - 03/16/15 12:55 PM (9 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

vandago said:
Here's a weird question......

Someone is inquiring about buying my hair.  They asked me if it's ever been treated which it has not ......then they asked if I did drugs.....which seemed weird to me as it was a new user on ebay with NO feedback.....

I'm super paranoid. All the time. And that's an understatement.

I've been somewhat sober lately but not entirely.

If they bought my hair, and it had traces of random drugs in it, and the person who bought it was a fed.....would that be evidence against me in a court of law?  I always fear the feds are just going to come nab me for all the dirty deeds I've done dirt cheap ( I've never hurt anyone I'm not a hitman ).....but drugs are bad mmmkay....

Am I being paranoid here....or could all the drugs in my hair be a charge?

Yes, you're being paranoid.  Drugs in your hair isn't enough to sustain a case for drug possession.  Drugs in hair that you sell to someone is even less.  They can't even tell how long ago the drugs were used because they don't know how closely to your scalp it was cut.

As far as the poster below you who talks about probable cause for a warrant, not a chance.  Probable cause goes stale quickly, and evidence that at some time in the past you used drugs has zero probative value in determining whether you currently have drugs at your house.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

Anonymous #91

#21415987 - 03/16/15 01:30 PM (9 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:
Quote:

Anonymous said:

It's not a huge deal as long as the amounts are very, very small.  Still, I wouldn't put them in the same place largely because it looks on paper like a drugs and guns charge waiting to happen.  A good defense attorney is going to avoid that, but this is Texas, and they are known to overcharge on drug cases.

Does that philosphy hold true if the gun is in the safe, and drugs in the same room? I'm not willing to keep either outside of my room. So if it's pretty much the same deal either way, I'd rather just keep them both locked in the safe. If it would make a difference, I'd find a better place to hide them.

I have a son who is very nosy, it's the entire reason I bought the safe to begin with. Until I cna teach him gun responsibility, I don't want him to have access to it (and have ensured he doesn't. He could never guess the code and I'd never open it in front of him). But I also don't want him snooping and finding those drugs. I don't want anyone snooping and finding either, it seemed like the best idea to just throw all of that in a place he can't get to.

Both being in my room is an absolute.

So I guess now I'm asking if there is a proximity issue.

And yes I know having a kid and drugs and gun, not the best idea. But the gun is for protection (not in any way drug related either). But I'm not here to be judged on my paternal morality. Simply seeking legal advice and while I have a grasp on a lot of it, this is one area that I am just not very well versed in.

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #21416035 - 03/16/15 01:39 PM (9 years, 14 days ago)

So, keep them both in the safe.  The odds that someone is going to search your house and find the drugs is very low.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

Anonymous #91

#21416096 - 03/16/15 01:48 PM (9 years, 14 days ago)

So proximity plays no part? Safe or not, if they're in reach of each other, the end result would likely be the same, correct? There are other places I could hide the drugs, but they are not as secure as the safe. My only hang up is I won't keep either out of the room. I just need to know if both are kept in the safe as if it's the same if the gun is in the safe and the drugs are "relatively in reach" (but unsecured), in the law's perspective are they equal.

And it's a very small quantity. Right now about 10 or so bars. Not pre-packaged, and not in an amount that could really be seen as "for distribution".

And I'm not really worried about it being searched, no one has reason to and probably never will, but "better safe than sorry". I know the ultimate end to the statement is get rid of both, but that won't happen. So we have to move forward for from the absolution of safety and into practicality and probability.

Edited by Anonymous (03/16/15 01:50 PM)

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #21416107 - 03/16/15 01:51 PM (9 years, 14 days ago)

Proximity plays a part in terms of evidentiary value, sure.  The bottom line is that if the amount is very little, a prosecutor can be persuaded to just ignore the gun.  If the amount is a lot, that's impossible whether in the safe or in another room. In between very little and a lot, proximity can play a role.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

Anonymous #91

#21416135 - 03/16/15 01:59 PM (9 years, 14 days ago)

Thanks, that really clears it up.

I don't buy in bulk. I've never owned enough drugs in any one time that even a newbie public defender couldn't get away with convincing judge/jury that it was only for personal use. Not for security reasons, just becuase I can't trust myself with huge quantities. I'd go through 200 dollars of any certain drug just as quickly as I'd go through 50.

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom