Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation >> Mushroom Cultivation Archive >> Grow Logs

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Dessicant, Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineRastafari
Stranger
 User Gallery

Psilocybe cubensis "PF Classic" PF-Tek
    #1590264 - 05/29/03 08:30 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I previously deleted this post a while back, after it was up a while... I figure I should put it back up for the archives or completed logs etc...this was the first grow my friend attempted.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A friend of mine a little while back had a syringe he had from 3 years back... the last 2 cc's of 'PF Classic' and he inoculated 1 pint jar with the 2 cc's. and after 6 days>>

after 10 or 11 days>>

around 15 days>>

at 20-30 days he then dunked in less than 1/10 h202 and water for 6 hours in the fridge and birthed in a large jar with perlite on the bottom- verm side up because it was so grown with rhizo that it was round and would tip.

after 4 days in that overly humidified chamber, many pins started showing up, and many deformitys too! this is after 5 days>

deformitys; we think it was the overly high humidity? there is 1 dominant healthy mushroom, and dozens of abhorts/pins. but also several pure stem bulbs, a few with tiny or malformed pins, and one pure cap bulbus, almost looks like 2 caps in one. a few bulbs are grey and we think they are all gill or inside out.

the chamber isnt big so he's gonna have to pick the biggest healthy mushroom soon... he's gonna let the bulbs keep growing out before he picks them. the mushrooms have been growing for around 4 days already - very slow.

This was a fan-like rhizomorph invitro but after that humidity it puffed out into stem balls.

here it is a day or two later- the red bulb on the left side is the pure cap

as seen in this pic too

from same angle as first picture of pins

sideview

and top

more pics soon in the future. again i'd like to know if anyone's seen of these bulbs before? are they good to eat? any idea's on causes?

--------------------
I&I

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRastafari
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Mini-Jar PF Cake with MASS DEFORMITYS - previously DELETED [Re: Rastafari]
    #1590267 - 05/29/03 08:30 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

yea the coldshock must have worked.
this pic is from the same day as the last pic - but today the white mycelium on it is 3 times as thick today. It's the humidity... but theres only an inch left in the chamber so it will have to be picked soon anyway :frown: the bulbs can stay on a little longer though... more pics tomorrow.

p.s. the abhorts/pins next to the biggy are getting fully enveloped in mycelium.

Well yesterday it looked about the same as the last pic - a little bigger and twice as thick mycelium on the stem. but heres an update.... gonna have to defog the chamber to get pics of the bulbs - more updates later today.

this guys got less than half of an inch left so we know what that means :frown:
by the way its kind of hard to reduce humidity - been fanning alot more lately. could remove perlite but then would have to disturb the cake.
you cant see in the pic- but theres a tiny albino pin to the left of it...also getting ingulfed in mycelium... too bad.

veils breakin it seems? gonna pick this guy tonight. lets all say a little prayer so as he can be reborn as a more healthy and happy mushroom in his next life.

wish this wasnt always so foggy. - notice the 2 deformed caps coming from the 1 lump above and to the left of the bottom bulb.

here is a pic of the pure cap which was growing out on its own... its kind of hard to see but the 'lip' in the middle of it is blueing on its own!... also I cannot tell if it is attached to the lump below it (was not in early stages) it looks like its attached to the cake from its side!

edit: more updates 12:01am tonight.

--------------------
I&I

OfflineRastafari
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1590268 - 05/29/03 08:31 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

before

and after (same angle;lil bit foggy but same size relation)

took quite a while to get mature though...anyone know how to tell when the bulbs get mature? do they? :P

notice on those pics - the gill formation with a possible stem on it... turning blue on its own like the cap-bulb.... the grey blob under it is the only other grey blob (probably gill/inside out) on the cake.

my friend picked his first mushroom ever tonight. it is 7 grams wet and is now in a dessicant chamber; seen here

two pins - top one pushed into it causing blue one - bottom one accidently 90% decapitated - observe deep deep blue
been a few days without updates but here goes...

my friend observed that the blueing in this picture is probably from the thick coat of mycelium... would you guys agree?

that is still about 1.5 grams in that picture so it has a little drying to do...almost there though...

this is the angle of 'fan rhizomorph'... my friend hasnt really picked any except the big one and about 4 aborts...one of the aborts was bumped and bruised (pretty drastically) and it was attached to a non-abortive type so he had to pick them both.

the pure cap bulb is changing to a lighter color now...wondering if its ever gona mature...

<<>>gill-bulb with blueing... its really oozing now;

also notice inverted/sideways cap on the upside down mushroom to the right of the bulb... its very small so i dont think its mature...it could be if its sporeless.

he thinks he should pick it tonight because its 'leaking' so much.

and finally the topview

more updates soon, this is still the first flush - its been going very slow...
humidity is still way too high - mycelium is creeping up on everything... my buddys thinking about fixing a fishtank pump wraped in a coffee filter to reduce the humidity and increase air exchange... I told him I'd ask you guys if a small pump would be too much for that jar or how often he should have it on

--------------------
I&I

OfflineRastafari
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1590272 - 05/29/03 08:31 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

thanks for the nice comments guys! my friend is glad he logged his first attempt in the myco world.

blue bulb and pure cap bulb - and walnut-seed looking bulb, think it was trying to be a cap.

my friends 7 gram mushroom dried out to exactly .7... 90% water just like humans! I would be 15 or 16 lbs dried to a crisp.
update; one on left was pushing against the side

the bottom one was a bulb but when picked the inverted cap was there!

--------------------
I&I

Edited by Rastafari (05/29/03 08:33 PM)

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
    #1592148 - 05/30/03 06:38 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

g00d job mang.. =)

b.t.w,

take your shrooms and fan dry them first for a few hours..
use your dessicant chamber to achieve ?cracker? dry shrooms with minimal bruising :wink: 

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
Re: Mini-Jar PF Cake with MASS DEFORMITYS - previously DELETED [Re: 40oz]
    #1592674 - 05/30/03 12:28 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

fan dry then dessicant chamber is my prefered way of drying.

Also with that dessication station set up be careful the damp rid doesnt wick up into the shrooms.  If it gets on the mushies it makes a spot that will never fully dry and leaves a wierd feel to em.

I had a cornor of a paper towel touching some damp rid and the paper towel wicked it all up into the mushies :frown:.  Shit is non toxic but can hinder being able to long term store it.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Edited by baraka (05/30/03 12:28 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Dessicant, Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation >> Mushroom Cultivation Archive >> Grow Logs