Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemud420
paxil!
    #1578788 - 05/26/03 03:14 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

i just got prescribed paxil today.. i was jus wonderin if i could still have shrooms while im on paxill, would it be safe?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: paxil! [Re: mud420]
    #1580044 - 05/26/03 11:14 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I have never had any bad reactions from paxil with anything even alcohol...

OfflineJourney
Re: paxil! [Re: ]
    #1588846 - 05/29/03 01:19 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Edited for misinfo  :ooo:

Edited by Journey (05/30/03 05:14 AM)

OfflineIntheneed
Level 5--beenthere done that.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Spirit Ditch
    #1588997 - 05/29/03 02:02 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

i got paxil prescribed today too, and xanax prescribed today

Anonymous

Re: paxil! [Re: Intheneed]
    #1589168 - 05/29/03 02:51 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

no shit? no wonder I needed so much for a level 1 trip...doh....next time I trip I'm not taking paxil that day

OfflineRaadt
nicht

Loc: azurescending
    #1589193 - 05/29/03 03:04 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

PLEASE DO NOT POST LIES.

That's incorrect information. He may be speaking for himself, but not for everyone. I did not notice this at all. In fact, mine were even stronger, not lower. Your seratonin reuptake, if anything would just make your trips longer. Think about the pharmacological effects. You're inhibiting reuptake of the seratonin. Which is your bodys way of dealing with extra seratonin in the sites. Some people's reuptake actions are overactive, which causes you to have low seratonin/depression/anxiety/etc... Now, essentially the psilocybin molecule resembles the seratonin molecule, so is able to be used as a neurotransmitter, causing the effects (this is what I understand anyhow) of psilocybe poisoning or "tripping". So.. please explain to me how inhibition of reuptake will make your trip "weaker".??

--------------------
Raadt

-- The information I provide is only information from readings, growing of gourmet mushrooms, and second hand stories--

OfflineRaadt
nicht

#1589200 - 05/29/03 03:06 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Paxil has a long halflife, the medicine will remain in your system for a few days. Don't skip your doses for mushrooms. The effects will still be there, and I experienced NO weakening of them. He is either speaking hearsay, or his own experience. Instead - next time you take them, just take a smaller dose than you normally would. Worst case, you don't trip/trip hard enough.. much better than fucking up your medications work. Then you step up from there. Don't overeat thinking you're going to have a weakened experience, that's the worst thing you can do.

--------------------
Raadt

-- The information I provide is only information from readings, growing of gourmet mushrooms, and second hand stories--

OfflineBitchCakes
The captain ofouter space

Loc: Sea Attole
Re: paxil! [Re: Raadt]
    #1589299 - 05/29/03 03:36 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

PLEASE DO NOT POST LIES.
That's incorrect information. He may be speaking for himself, but not for everyone. I did not notice this at all. In fact, mine were even stronger, not lower.

You just did the same thing...

Many people have reported a decrease (or sometimes none at all) in effects of mushrooms while on SSRIs, you can't really argue with that. Some people have also reported no change in effects. It seems to depend on the specific medication, and the person.

This link has some good info about the effects of SSRIs and psychedelics
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/maois/maois_info4.shtml
but no word about paxil and mushrooms.

take your own advice and don't post personal opinions as facts

--------------------
-I'm a dork-

OfflineRaadt
nicht

Re: paxil! [Re: BitchCakes]
    #1589316 - 05/29/03 03:41 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Show me a point where I did not clairfy that it was an opinion and not a fact. Or you could read the whole post.

--------------------
Raadt

OfflineRaadt
nicht

Re: paxil! [Re: BitchCakes]
    #1589371 - 05/29/03 03:52 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I said very clearly that something else had happened to me. Then told (AND I REDECLARED) that it was only my understanding, that those were the workings of the drugs. I didn't say it wouldn't happen. I said it doesn't for everyone, for it didn't to me. And by virtue of science, if there's an exception, it isn't all. Nowhere did I state all, or that it WAS so. Just that that's what happened to me, and a description of MY understandings of the drugs. The link you pasted tells about LSD - Vastly different molecular structure than Psilocybin.

LSD

PSILOCYBIN

SEROTONIN

so what i'm talking about - and what you're talking about are completely differing entities.

If it happens it happens, but that doesn't mean that it will happen for everyone.

--------------------
Raadt

Edited by Raadt (05/29/03 04:03 PM)

OfflineJourney
    #1589647 - 05/29/03 04:49 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Raadt: Check out these links bud
http://www.bluelight.nu/vb/showthread.php?threadid=27379
http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23043

I've heard many of experiences with SSRIs in combination with shrooms your the first one I've ever heard of with that kind of reaction

stupaod:
Yep same thing happened to me, wasted like 10 grams of shrooms. I can only go from experience here, but you will probably need to stop dosing your paxil for at least a week, probably more like two, sorry but one days not gonna do it. I always tried to wack off to see whether it was out of my system or not, if i came within my normal time range I'd go for it.

Edited by Journey (05/29/03 04:52 PM)

Anonymous

#1589674 - 05/29/03 04:53 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

lol you have that same side effect huh?? when I first started taking the paxil and could NOT finish...I was a lil worried...till I found out what it was....actually I find that even after a day of not taking it it seems to be outta my system...using your test anyways :P....I'll prolly just have too dose higher....not worth going off for 2 weeks and gettind depressed and shit

OfflineRaadt
nicht

#1589731 - 05/29/03 04:59 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Ok, again - i think you're having a hard time understanding english.

I'm not saying it cannot happen. I'm saying it doesn't happen to me.

So, if it doesn't happen to me - that means it doesn't happen to EVERYONE as in ALL as in NO VARIABLES. Right? Right.

So, all I was saying is that just because one person has that reaction, doesn't mean someone should jump into a 5g shroom dose, to get off like an 8th. Always start small. I've had more intense trips on paxil, than I have off. That's me... Not you. OK? So, unless you for SOME REASON suggest that JUST BECAUSE he's taken paxil he WILL have a weakened trip... Then I think my advice was sound, to not delve into a larger dose.

You should also probably read your articles...

Hallucinogens (LSD/Acid, psilocybin/Shrooms, Tryptamines ? 2-ct-2,DPT, DMT etc, Salvia) These drugs can be safely combined with the SSRIs. Most people report that they need to take MORE of a hallucinogen to get normal effects. Thus, if you are taking an SSRI, you will probably need more of the drug to reach threshold effects. Some people find that they need to take more LSD, but that shrooms affect them normally. So be careful ? start at a normal dose and only take more if you find that you need to.
NOTE: Do not take ?ayahuasca? while on an SSRI. Do not combine SSRIs with any kind of MAOI, such as harmaline.

That's speaking of LSD, which references your first link. LSD and Psilocybin are NOT the same. And once again it states SOME - not all. I don't understand why you cannot grasp that some and all are not the same thing.

Also, I have read that second link a few times. Please paste me what you're referencing. I don't see anything regarding this subject.

--------------------
Raadt

OfflineRaadt
nicht

#1589792 - 05/29/03 05:07 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

That effect is the single reason for my stopping taking paxil. LOL. It's the worst, and yeah - it seems to get better after a day. But it definantly wasn't out of my system just because I could get off, because if I didn't take it for another 2 after that.. i got those nasty headaches/ringing sensation... That was yucky.

--------------------
Raadt

OfflineJourney
    #1589848 - 05/29/03 05:15 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

God damn dude calm the hell down.
Quote:

I've heard many of experiences with SSRIs in combination with shrooms your the first one I've ever heard of with that kind of reaction

I was mearly saying that I had never heard that before. I'm not saying your lieing. In my 5 years of shrooming and helping people out, I had never heard of this. Now that I know I will keep your experiences in mind for the future.

Quote:

That's speaking of LSD

And if you look on the top of your quote there it says: "LSD/Acid, psilocybin/Shrooms, Tryptamines ? 2-ct-2,DPT, DMT etc, Salvia"

Here Ill clean up my first reply so I will be nice and politically correct for ya
Quote:

SSRIs like paxil severely diminish the effects. You could dose up and maybe get some visuals or something but it wont be nearly as good.

Most people report SSRIs like paxil diminish the effects, or have no effect whatsoever. But in some very rare cases (ask Raadt) They can even make the effects greater. You could dose up and maybe get some visuals or something but it wont be nearly as good.

Happy?

OfflineJourney
    #1589877 - 05/29/03 05:19 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Here was the reference you requested:
Quote:

Most drugs, prescription and otherwise, mix badly with psychedelics so avoid them. Obviously, OTC stuff like aspirin won't matter much - although you really don't want to have a headache when tripping - but for example antidepressants have all sorts of unpredictable reactions, some (e.g. Prozac) reduce the effect but others (e.g. lithium) make it way too much stronger. Hyperreal has a separate file on the interactions between antidepressants and psychedelics, consult it for more info.

Anonymous

#1589884 - 05/29/03 05:19 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I'm just gonna try 3 grams when not taking paxil for a day...if I don't get what I want I'll try without 2 days and so on and so forth till I get the trip I want

OfflineJourney
    #1589898 - 05/29/03 05:21 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

when I first started taking the paxil and could NOT finish...I was a lil worried...

Yeah I hear ya on that lol

Quote:

I'll prolly just have too dose higher....not worth going off for 2 weeks and gettind depressed and shit

Sounds good, have fun!

Edited by Journey (05/29/03 05:22 PM)

OfflineRaadt
nicht

#1589956 - 05/29/03 05:32 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

well, dude - i'm just trying to save ANYONE from going through some hellish overdose due to misinformation. It's important to establish personal experience and opinion from fact, if someone had read that and I said nothing - they could have said whoa, i should take 5g then to reach the 3.5 trip. Which could blow their concious psyche into the water, and leave them never the same.

--------------------
Raadt

OfflineJourney
    #1590006 - 05/29/03 05:43 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah i see where your coming from. I should of double checked my info, and not been so careless. You came at me sort of hostily which just made me sorta defensive. So accept my apology  :smile: I will be more careful from now on

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag