Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSko
Democrat

Loc: Pacific Northwest
Casing ready for fruiting?
    #1588701 - 05/29/03 12:37 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I can see mycel growth all around my casing it's been cased for about 5 days, in some areas the mycel is all the way at the top and in others I can tell it is near the top, but not "on top"  I can see the fuzz growing and strands coming through.  In the faq it says the mycel should be towards the top of the casing material, but not on top of the casing soil.  Is it ready for fruiting? (sorry no pics)  I can see the myc on all parts of it now.

Also, I have an air pump, I don't fan, and I haven't been running it for very long every day.  Would running my air pump longer help initiate pinning, and HOW LONG should I run it?  My terr is at about 74-80 constant with 90+% humidity.

Thanks so much  :laugh:

--------------------
Sko

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemattch1
Monseur

Loc: WV
Re: Casing ready for fruiting? [Re: Sko]
    #1588748 - 05/29/03 12:51 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Youre ready to fruit. If some of the areas that have already broken through are stubborn to pin, you can cover them up with a thin layer of casing to make them think theyre not at the top yet. If you have a small fan, you might as well leave it on all the time to keep a good air exchange. That will also drop the temp a little bit (which also induces pinning). The main thing u need to do is expose it to light. Yup, sounds like ur ready to start.

--------------------
Everything I ask is for informational purposes only. There is no truth to what i say. I am lying.

OfflineSko
Democrat

Loc: Pacific Northwest
Casing not pinning...? [Re: mattch1]
    #1592649 - 05/30/03 10:14 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I been exposing it to light for like... a long time, I have a blue aquarium light in my terrarium, why won't it pin?

Arg.

Mabe I just need patience...

--------------------
Sko

Offlinegrowmore
up it goes
 User Gallery
Loc: Cow field
Re: Casing not pinning...? [Re: Sko]
    #1592700 - 05/30/03 10:48 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

time is all you need it will hapen soon .

--------------------
check my journal for my trade list

You see what you want to see not what it makes you see. I see said the blind man to the deaf women .

Offlinejakeholman
crotch rocketsrule!

Re: Casing not pinning...? [Re: growmore]
    #1594234 - 05/30/03 05:30 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

a regular incandescent works-check the spectrum out put of your aquarium light to make sure it 's the right frequency. and you should patch cast those little spots coming up if there is only one or two. then cover them and wait till you can see it coming through evenly, like 5 or 6 spots as big as a coin kinda thing is a perfect time to induce fruiting. you can run your pump as much as you want as long as it keeps the humidity well above 90-keep it near 100% for pinning until they reach a half inch. higer humidity and fresh air will give it a boost, but it will still take time.
good luck, Jake H

--------------------
The above statement is fictitious and for entertainment purposes only. I do not use or condone the use of illegal substances, nor do I use or condone the use of legal substances in an illegal manner.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag