Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Doctors 'should have the right to KILL unwanted or disabled babies at birth
    #15885411 - 03/01/12 11:09 AM (12 years, 30 days ago)

Doctors 'should have the right to KILL unwanted or disabled babies at birth as they are not a real person' claims former Oxford academic

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2108433/Doctors-right-kill-unwanted-disabled-babies-birth-real-person-claims-Oxford-academic.html

what do you guys think? i think there should be an option legally.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLynnch
Strangerer
 User Gallery

Re: Doctors 'should have the right to KILL unwanted or disabled babies at birth [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #15885435 - 03/01/12 11:16 AM (12 years, 30 days ago)

We could always just eat unwanted children...

This reads as a veiled anti abortion advertisement.

InvisibleCrossingTheStar
Unoriginal Philosopher
Male

Loc: U.S. of A. Flag
Re: Doctors 'should have the right to KILL unwanted or disabled babies at birth [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #15885439 - 03/01/12 11:18 AM (12 years, 30 days ago)

Yeah, I suppose so. I feel sorry for people with mentally disabled children, they are just struggling to keep afloat, and they are practically spending $100's a month on somebody that can't say anything to them (or think anything). These people, unless extremely wealthy, are just in a downward spiral and it sucks.

--------------------
:durrhurr: Smoke enough weed and you'll never grow up, mentally. Peter Pan strain. :durrhurr:

InvisibleP-O
#AnyoneButHarper
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Doctors 'should have the right to KILL unwanted or disabled babies at birth [Re: CrossingTheStar]
    #15885449 - 03/01/12 11:20 AM (12 years, 30 days ago)

I friend has been raising a disabled kid for the last 7 years... i feel so bad for him (my friend)

7 years of diaper (piss and shit).  they cant take the kid anywhere cuz he freaks out around strangers.  and they cant leave him with anyone except grandma.  Im pretty sure if he had the option, he mighta choose to start over

InvisibleCrossingTheStar
Unoriginal Philosopher
Male

Loc: U.S. of A. Flag
Re: Doctors 'should have the right to KILL unwanted or disabled babies at birth [Re: P-O]
    #15885468 - 03/01/12 11:25 AM (12 years, 30 days ago)

Nothing like a :tard: to clear the pool -- can't imagine being to one to shove him in...

I don't think I want kids... It's probably like a 50/50 chance that my kid would be fucked up in one way or another.

--------------------
:durrhurr: Smoke enough weed and you'll never grow up, mentally. Peter Pan strain. :durrhurr:

OfflineWizzy
In Tha Hizzy

Loc: Void Center
Re: Doctors 'should have the right to KILL unwanted or disabled babies at birth [Re: CrossingTheStar]
    #15885508 - 03/01/12 11:36 AM (12 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

CrossingTheStar said:
Nothing like a :tard: to clear the pool -- can't imagine being to one to shove him in...

I don't think I want kids... It's probably like a 50/50 chance that my kid would be fucked up in one way or another.

Dude it's a %100 chance your kids would be retarded

--------------------
:mushdance::mushdance:       
                        :pinkshroom::pinkshroom::pinkshroom::pinkshroom::pinkshroom::pinkshroom::pinkshroom::pinkshroom::pinkshroom::pinkshroom::pinkshroom::pinkshroom::pinkshroom::pinkshroom::pinkshroom::pinkshroom::pinkshroom::pinkshroom::pinkshroom:

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Loc: georgia, us
Re: Doctors 'should have the right to KILL unwanted or disabled babies at birth [Re: Wizzy]
    #15885513 - 03/01/12 11:37 AM (12 years, 30 days ago)

my kids are gonna be awesome they will fuck all your kids up at sports and art

--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

OfflineR_Unit
Lab Tech
Male

Loc: Hiding under your bed
    #15885582 - 03/01/12 11:56 AM (12 years, 30 days ago)

I am member of the human extinction initiative.  I voluntary  recieved sterilization too make sure my genes are not in the pool, and urge you to do the same, unless you have a high genius IQ, or are an excellent physical specimen(Olympic level)  Then anyone who want to have a baby and say, I want to cross Steven hawking  Natalie port man, then go to the doctor and have your designer baby implanted then carried to term by a woman, or a man with an implanted uterus. 

I think it would get rid of unwanted children.  Those children never know the love they should and don't often contribute much and are more prone to criminal activity.  That is why the crime rate dropped 18 ye#rs after Roe V Wade and a generation of unwanted children wee not born then didn't grow up unhappy and hopes.

My next comment here may distasteful.  I am not opposed to euthenising babies if the mother does not show post pardon depression and there is a a waiting period of at least one month while he baby stays at hospital and the parents think it through.

Also, babies certainly are not little people.  When born they still have a lot brain development to go through.  When you look at other large animals their offspring can move #round and feed itself at birth.

So here is generally philosophy.  Don't have morebabys .  Recommend this through free sterilization.  Making a human should be a very important decision. NA should be high quality an parents should have psychological testing to be given the prospective caregiver.  Then All caregivers and children should live as a village in some secure location while children are socialized learn to be healthy productive people.  And the well behaved ones can have regular chaperoned visits into the rest of world.  So they will not be shocked when it it time to join. 

We won't need more people to keep hhings running, as the world changes and technology takes over more of our burdens we will need less  people.  I would like the human population shrink a dozen major cities with amazing technological people and 0 to negative population growth.  Then for 100s of miles around the city people would be free to live rurally and farm or trade or do as they please.  After that, I would turn most other land in to wildlife preserves #nd let our old infustructer crumble and return to nature.

--------------------
May your harvest be bountiful.

Invisiblethoughts
imagining.
Male User Gallery

Loc: here.
Re: Doctors 'should have the right to KILL unwanted or disabled babies at birth [Re: g00ru] * 1
    #15885600 - 03/01/12 12:01 PM (12 years, 30 days ago)

Make the parents kill them, maybe that'll make them think twice about having unprotected sex while drunk and high on meff or some stupid shit.

I think we need to focus more on birth control and preventing unwanted children from even happening in the first place.

Now, I know there are exceptions, but come on that's a very small percentage.
Abortions only give more people the right to be irresponsible IMO.

--------------------
I need Jesus.

OfflinePatlal
You ask too many questions
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
Re: Doctors 'should have the right to KILL unwanted or disabled babies at birth [Re: g00ru]
    #15885614 - 03/01/12 12:05 PM (12 years, 30 days ago)

Killing babies at birth is somewhat sketchy in my mind, doesn't seems right, but i'll eventually come around and be for it.

The way I see euthanasia is the following.

1) it should be legal at any age

2) only patients with a terminal disease or a coma can qualify

3) In order to proceed with euthanasia:

- The patient must give his consent (if he is able to)

- You need the written consent of all the immediate family members (parents, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters and spouse)

- A lawyer must be present as a third party to witness the signatures of the consents

- The doctor must be supervised to euthanize a patient

4) Here is how you euthanize a patient

- If the patient is unconscious and living off machines, you unplug the machines

- If the patient is conscious he is to be administered a lethal dose of morphine

- If comatose, the patient is to be administered a lethal dose of morphine

5) The patient has the right to change his mind anytime in the process.

And thats how it should be done folks

--------------------

InvisibleMush 4 Brains
about tree fiddy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Tacos
Re: Doctors 'should have the right to KILL unwanted or disabled babies at birth [Re: R_Unit] * 1
    #15885618 - 03/01/12 12:05 PM (12 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

R_Unit said:
I am member of the human extinction initiative.  I voluntary  recieved sterilization too make sure my genes are not in the pool, and urge you to do the same, unless you have a high genius IQ, or are an excellent physical specimen(Olympic level)  Then anyone who want to have a baby and say, I want to cross Steven hawking  Natalie port man, then go to the doctor and have your designer baby implanted then carried to term by a woman, or a man with an implanted uterus. 

I think it would get rid of unwanted children.  Those children never know the love they should and don't often contribute much and are more prone to criminal activity.  That is why the crime rate dropped 18 ye#rs after Roe V Wade and a generation of unwanted children wee not born then didn't grow up unhappy and hopes.

My next comment here may distasteful.  I am not opposed to euthenising babies if the mother does not show post pardon depression and there is a a waiting period of at least one month while he baby stays at hospital and the parents think it through.

Also, babies certainly are not little people.  When born they still have a lot brain development to go through.  When you look at other large animals their offspring can move #round and feed itself at birth.

So here is generally philosophy.  Don't have morebabys .  Recommend this through free sterilization.  Making a human should be a very important decision. NA should be high quality an parents should have psychological testing to be given the prospective caregiver.  Then All caregivers and children should live as a village in some secure location while children are socialized learn to be healthy productive people.  And the well behaved ones can have regular chaperoned visits into the rest of world.  So they will not be shocked when it it time to join. 

We won't need more people to keep hhings running, as the world changes and technology takes over more of our burdens we will need less  people.  I would like the human population shrink a dozen major cities with amazing technological people and 0 to negative population growth.  Then for 100s of miles around the city people would be free to live rurally and farm or trade or do as they please.  After that, I would turn most other land in to wildlife preserves #nd let our old infustructer crumble and return to nature.

reading your post gave me a headache

InvisibleP-O
#AnyoneButHarper
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Doctors 'should have the right to KILL unwanted or disabled babies at birth [Re: Mush 4 Brains]
    #15885624 - 03/01/12 12:07 PM (12 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

I am member of the human extinction initiative.  I voluntary  recieved sterilization too make sure my genes are not in the pool, and urge you to do the same

:lol:

Offlinemicro8gb
Mr.
Male

Re: Doctors 'should have the right to KILL unwanted or disabled babies at birth [Re: thoughts] * 2
    #15885636 - 03/01/12 12:09 PM (12 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

iwasaClown said:

DING DING DING

why dont people see that? if your not willing to take care of something you created in your carelessness then how will people ever learn?

then we say its a good idea to kill them? jesus christ people. :facepalm:

--------------------
The wise person,
puts himself last,
and thereby finds himself first;
holds himself outside,
and thereby remains at the center;
abandons himself,
and is thereby fulfilled

-Lao Tzu

InvisibleSlashOZ
:D
Male

Loc: Following the water cycle
Re: Doctors 'should have the right to KILL unwanted or disabled babies at birth [Re: P-O]
    #15885642 - 03/01/12 12:10 PM (12 years, 30 days ago)

Hey look, its a whole thread dedicated to people who missed yesterday's thread on the exact same topic.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/15880131/page/1/fpart/1

--------------------
"Life sucks but in this really beautiful way" - Axl Rose
"Life's a bitch and then you die that's why we get high cuz you never know when you're gonna go." - NAS
"When people don't know what you're about they put you down and shut you out" - Black Sabbath
"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" - Gandhi
"Look up at me I am God, look down on me and I am evil, look at me I am you." - Charles Manson.
"Don't question my reality." - Me (as far as I know)

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Doctors 'should have the right to KILL unwanted or disabled babies at birth [Re: micro8gb]
    #15885714 - 03/01/12 12:28 PM (12 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

micro8gb said:
Quote:

iwasaClown said:

DING DING DING

why dont people see that? if your not willing to take care of something you created in your carelessness then how will people ever learn?

then we say its a good idea to kill them? jesus christ people. :facepalm:

we shouldn't see life as a mistake. we should love all people, not just make new ones.

--------------------

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Buckeye Flag
Re: Doctors 'should have the right to KILL unwanted or disabled babies at birth [Re: micro8gb]
    #15885757 - 03/01/12 12:38 PM (12 years, 30 days ago)

I'm pro the right to have a chance at life, but I do see a need for abortion clinics. People are going to get them done if they want them, so there should be safe places to get it done at.

If you want an abortion then you should be able to get one, BUT I personally find it repulsive and look at people like they have murdered someone.

No amount of science or data will make me think otherwise.

Human fetus = Human life.

Interrupt that for anything other than medical reasons and you just killed a defenseless baby in cold blood in my book. I don't care what societies laws are, I call that murder. If the baby is in good health and will grow up to support itself then why kill it? If it had a genetic disorder that will require people to take care of it forever then I understand.

If someone is going to get an abortion they should at least be forced to listen to someone telling them that they are killing their baby, not some lump of dna. I think that's total bullshit people tell themselves so they can do it with a clear conscious. I don't think people who get abortions should have a clear conscious about doing it. Without your intervention that lump of dna is going to be a person. To take that opportunity away is worse than locking someone up for drugs. It's worse than murdering a grown adult. It's worse than a government taking away all of your rights. It's your mother taking away everything that you could ever be. If someone in power takes away your rights, isn't that wrong? The moment of conception is the start of a beings life IN MY OPINION. Take that away and it's the absolute worst thing you could do.

I'm all for personal rights and your right to choose your own life or death, but nothing gives someone the right to end another life like it's no big deal.

Also, so what if I chime in every abortion thread. I cans if I wants to. I feel strongly about it yes. I don't go preaching this shit in the real world, I keep it to myself like I do a lot of things. This is where I make my comments about topics like everyone else. don't like it then don't read it. I won't change my mind on this topic and it's my right to post about it. I know people tell me I'm not liberal enough for them thinking like this, but I think I am more liberal for thinking this. I think someones rights should be protected from the second they are conceived. I do understand why some people would get an abortion, but I don't think most reasons excuse it. It should be available only because people will do it some other dangerous way that could kill them.

If you have sex and don't want the kid, then put it up for adoption. At least give it a chance to live. I know someone who got an abortion because they didn't want a kid with their dna out there that they didn't want yet. Like they would be bigger bastards for doing that instead of killing it. Ridiculous.

--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.

InvisibleSlashOZ
:D
Male

Loc: Following the water cycle
Re: Doctors 'should have the right to KILL unwanted or disabled babies at birth [Re: Kada]
    #15885774 - 03/01/12 12:41 PM (12 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

Kada said:
I'm pro the right to have a chance at life, but I do see a need for abortion clinics. People are going to get them done if they want them, so there should be safe places to get it done at.

If you want an abortion then you should be able to get one, BUT I personally find it repulsive and look at people like they have murdered someone.

No amount of science or data will make me think otherwise.

Human fetus = Human life.

Interrupt that for anything other than medical reasons and you just killed a defenseless baby in cold blood in my book. I don't care what societies laws are, I call that murder. If the baby is in good health and will grow up to support itself then why kill it? If it had a genetic disorder that will require people to take care of it forever then I understand.

If someone is going to get an abortion they should at least be forced to listen to someone telling them that they are killing their baby, not some lump of dna. I think that's total bullshit people tell themselves so they can do it with a clear conscious. I don't think people who get abortions should have a clear conscious about doing it. Without your intervention that lump of dna is going to be a person. To take that opportunity away is worse than locking someone up for drugs. It's worse than murdering a grown adult. It's worse than a government taking away all of your rights. It's your mother taking away everything that you could ever be. If someone in power takes away your rights, isn't that wrong? The moment of conception is the start of a beings life IN MY OPINION. Take that away and it's the absolute worst thing you could do.

I'm all for personal rights and your right to choose your own life or death, but nothing gives someone the right to end another life like it's no big deal.

Also, so what if I chime in every abortion thread. I cans if I wants to. I feel strongly about it yes. I don't go preaching this shit in the real world, I keep it to myself like I do a lot of things. This is where I make my comments about topics like everyone else. don't like it then don't read it. I won't change my mind on this topic and it's my right to post about it. I know people tell me I'm not liberal enough for them thinking like this, but I think I am more liberal for thinking this. I think someones rights should be protects from the second they are conceived. I do understand why some people would get an abortion, but I don't think it excuses it. It should be available only because people will do it some other dangerous way that could kill them.

If you have sex and don't want the kid, then put it up for adoption. At least give it a chance to live. I know someone who got an abortion because they didn't want a kid with their dna out there that they didn't want yet. Like they would be bigger bastards for doing that instead of killing it. Ridiculous.

I approve this message.

:billymaythumbup:

--------------------
"Life sucks but in this really beautiful way" - Axl Rose
"Life's a bitch and then you die that's why we get high cuz you never know when you're gonna go." - NAS
"When people don't know what you're about they put you down and shut you out" - Black Sabbath
"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" - Gandhi
"Look up at me I am God, look down on me and I am evil, look at me I am you." - Charles Manson.
"Don't question my reality." - Me (as far as I know)

Invisiblesetb
10th level beer nerd
Re: Doctors 'should have the right to KILL unwanted or disabled babies at birth [Re: SlashOZ]
    #15886726 - 03/01/12 05:06 PM (12 years, 30 days ago)

So, we're talking about actual infanticide now? Can't say I didn't see this one coming a mile away. You give these folks an inch and they're going to want a mile; it is only a matter of time.

The best way to radically change a society in a way that most people would disapprove of is gradually and in small doses.

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Doctors 'should have the right to KILL unwanted or disabled babies at birth [Re: setb]
    #15886856 - 03/01/12 05:33 PM (12 years, 30 days ago)

we kill people for far more sillier reasons, why not just kill babies and nip the problem in the bud :gameover:?

--------------------

OfflineCircle Jerk
η λέξη είναι ζωντανός
Male

Loc: Reality Flag
Re: Doctors 'should have the right to KILL unwanted or disabled babies at birth [Re: setb]
    #15886859 - 03/01/12 05:33 PM (12 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

setb said:
So, we're talking about actual infanticide now? Can't say I didn't see this one coming a mile away. You give these folks an inch and they're going to want a mile; it is only a matter of time.

The best way to radically change a society in a way that most people would disapprove of is gradually and in small doses.

This....:thumbup:

How else would one climb "mount improbable" than one step at a time.

:datass:

--------------------
"With me the horrid doubt always arises whether the convictions of man’s mind, which has been developed from the mind of the lower animals, are of any value or at all trustworthy. Would any one trust in the convictions of a monkey’s mind, if there are any convictions in such a mind." Charles Darwin

"DNA neither knows nor cares. DNA just is, and we dance to its music." Richard Dawkins

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale