Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSativaBhang
different strains...different trips?
    #1588196 - 05/29/03 10:04 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

ok, first off i know every trip is going to be different in some ways, whether its the lighting, the music or whatever. what i dont know is what makes different strains give you different types of trips. i was talking with The Shroom Hermit and he kept saying "psilocin is psilocin". i'd have to agree with him for the most part. i will admit that i'm not real knowledgable when it comes to talking about psilocin and psilocybin, but if all strains of cubensis contain it, how can they give different trips? i've had real speedy trips and real mellow trips along with real visual and real mental trips. what causes these outcomes of the trip? for example, i ate orissa indias and they gave me a very mellow trip. i'm gonna be eating cambodians soon and i've read they give you a very energetic trip. say i could extract the psilocin and psilocybin out of both strains. if i took the same amount from both strains and ate it, would i experience the same trip for the most part? well i hope i dont sound like a dumbass, just trying to figure some stuff out. my head is hurting from thinking about this. can anyone else clear this up for me? all replies are appreciated...peace.
-DEW

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBrugman
antisobrietarian
Male

Loc: the land up over
Re: different strains...different trips? [Re: SativaBhang]
    #1588408 - 05/29/03 12:16 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

* shrug *
Psilocin does weird things to your brain. Mushrooms aren't exactly a downer or upper IMO, they can be both, they can be none.. etc.
You know?
Unpredictable.

OfflineSativaBhang
Re: different strains...different trips? [Re: Brugman]
    #1588430 - 05/29/03 12:25 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

yeah thats kinda what i was thinkin, but it seems like theres got to be some sort of research into this. if anyone else has any input that would be great. thanks for replying...peace.
-DEW

Invisiblemez
:sub:phonique

Loc: kingdom gone
Re: different strains...different trips? [Re: Brugman]
    #1588472 - 05/29/03 12:41 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

ive tried 3 different strains now. eq's, gt's, b+ and i have noticed similarities and differences in the trips from each strain. eq: very visual, nice body high, not too much of a mind fuck. gt: total mind fuck every time, colors such as yellows and reds appear a lot brighter, but thats it for the visuals. b+ quite similar to eq's, visuals were a little different though. ive also noticed that wet shrooms give you (well, for me) a different trip from dried shrooms.

--------------------
|you must be mistaken my darling - this is not the prelude to a kiss|

Invisibleyeti
Stranger

Re: different strains...different trips? [Re: mez]
    #1588807 - 05/29/03 03:08 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Strains may vary in trip "quality" independent of potency, but this is difficult to measure because it's so subjective. I think the best way to clear this up would be a blind test.

If a person has any idea what strain they're ingesting, it's going to bias them somehow --  the placebo effect. A separate person should know what samples "A" and "B" really were, and there should be multiple trials for each strain. You'd have to consider tolerance build-up as well, with all that tripping...

:confused: 

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: different strains...different trips? [Re: yeti]
    #1592416 - 05/30/03 09:56 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Does anyone else get sick of the same questions every five fucking minutes... bloody yanks...

--------------------

OfflineSativaBhang
Re: different strains...different trips? [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #1592431 - 05/30/03 10:08 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

sorry dude, it was just something on my mind. if your tired of seeing it then dont waste your time posting something here. i've seen many people here at the shroomery and on overgrow post the same questions many times. you dont see me gettin all pissed off. all you have to do is NOT click the link. any chance you might have any input on my question seeings how its been a question asked every 5 minutes according to you?
-DEW

OfflineSativaBhang
    #1592434 - 05/30/03 10:09 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

oh by the way, thanks to you guys who had some positive input on my question. peace.
-DEW

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
    #1592472 - 05/30/03 10:33 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Im not sure if different strains can produce different trips. With weed different strains have different active constituents content so produce but different highs. But in shrooms the only "active" component is psilocybin, as psilocin and baeocystin do not produce a hallucinogenic effect. Therefore it seems logical to suggest that shrooms, although varying in potency, do not produce different trips, species wise anyway. IMO the trip is decided by mindset, set and dosage and is not determined by species. But without experience this is merely speculation... And I can't think of any method to test it so scientifically it seems highly unlikely

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

OfflineSativaBhang
Re: different strains...different trips? [Re: st0nedphucker]
    #1592589 - 05/30/03 11:34 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

yeah i understand completely. i guess the reason i ask is because spore vendors, such as The Hawks Eye, have given the effects of some mushrooms. i figured there might be some scientific reason behind this if they were to write it out on their website. i'll see if my trip off the cambodians is similar in ways to what the hawks eye described it to be. then again now that i know what the trip is "supposed" to be like maybe it will be similar because i have knowledge of someone elses trip off cambodians. i guess i'll just have to wait and find out. thanks...peace.
-DEW

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #1597343 - 06/01/03 01:59 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Id say that there seems to be differences in potency and possibly affect between cubensis spores races, and that are significant differences between grassloving mushrooms (semilanceata and mexicanna), woodloving mushrooms (azurescens, cyanescens, subaeuginosa) and dung lovers (cubensis and panaeolus species).
there is more in mushrooms than just those few alkaloids - infact there are about 20 related psilocybin alkaloids that vary in ratios.

--------------------

Offlinepsychopsilocyber
[_381_] gnemo

Loc: glyphtown
Re: different strains...different trips? [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #1597377 - 06/01/03 02:12 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

>Does anyone else get sick of the same questions every five fucking minutes... bloody yanks...

I was just about to say something like that, but his question is a bit different I guess.

Difference in trips = potency, set/setting, and maybe the change in the chaotic ecology of neurochems you have even withought tripping. And maybe tolorance. Oh and personality i guess.

--------------------
Eco friendly extraction is the only way to go for Dmt, mescaline, and iboga

Edited by psychopsilocyber (06/01/03 02:19 AM)

OfflineTwelve_Nomads
Go west...

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Re: different strains...different trips? [Re: psychopsilocyber]
    #1623865 - 06/10/03 04:22 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I guess the only real way to find out is to try every single strain from every single crop harvested around the world.

It's a tough job, but somebody's GOT to do it.  Volunteeres?  :cool:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience