Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Muscaria   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
Photos of Honey mushrooms and Gyms from West Virginia
    #3039396 - 08/23/04 11:49 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I thought I would post a few photos from my recent trip to the deep woods of West Virginia. My dad and I stayed at an isolated National Forest campsite along the Cranberry river near the town of Richwood. The first day I caught a nice Brown Trout, about 15 inches, and my dad caught a 14 inch Rainbow. The next day we drove to the Williams river and we caught another rainbow and lots of little smallmouth and red-eye bass. There were a few free campsites along the Williams that were nicer than where we stayed; next time I think we will stay there.

There were mushrooms everywhere. We found our first Black Trumpets there, and lots of them, all the pictures I took turned out blurry so I will not post them. I was surprised at how thin the flesh was, but they were tasty, and there were certainly enough of them for a meal. There were also thousands of Cinnabar Chanterelles growing along the steam banks, and we found a few large patches of Smooth Chanterelles. We also found some more of those big purple gilled Laccarias that I thought were Blewits.

The most prolific edibles growing there were Honey Mushrooms.

We could have easily collected a garbage bag full in an hour, but I just took a few pictures.

There were lots of Amanitas growing under the Hemlocks.

I always find Destroying Angels to be incredibly beautiful.

On Sunday we packed up and stopped in Summersville on the way home. I found this log on a hillside about a hundred feet from water.

There were about thirty Sacred Gym pins popping out of this log. I think in about two weeks they will be ready for harvest. These were the only Gyms I found all weekend, but we spent most of our time fishing. I bet more could be found there in Summersville.

Peace

Edited by shroomydan (08/23/04 05:50 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
Re: Camping trip to West Virginia [Re: shroomydan]
    #3039422 - 08/23/04 11:59 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

:thumbup: good finds keep up the good work dan.

Invisiblekoraks
    #3039456 - 08/23/04 12:12 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I enjoyed your story and your photos. Makes me a bit jealous, actually. Camping trips like yours just aren't possible within our crammed little country...

Offlinesuperblingtheory
ghettogepetto

Loc: Omnipresent
    #3039460 - 08/23/04 12:12 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Very fucking nice man. Good pics- good story- and you are one lucky asshole to be eatin trout and black trumpets- but I'm so glad to hear you caught some trout- I've had no luck this year. I've never been up that way exactly but it sounds so nice... Peace shroomydan.

--------------------

Guts and danger, Airborne Ranger...

Offlineitzzdustin
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Photos of Honey mushrooms and Gyms from West Virginia [Re: shroomydan]
    #15874310 - 02/28/12 01:16 AM (12 years, 23 days ago)

im actually from summersville myself. we should take a trip like this, i know some good areas for hunting

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Muscaria   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates