Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dallas with all the assho...
Why the US WON'T Leave Afghanistan Anytime Soon--Military Strategists, respond... * 1
    #15868600 - 02/26/12 11:48 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Refer to the map.  If the US carries out plans for war in the middle east, Afghanistan is the Strategic Key for the logistics lines if China and Russia enter a ground war.  Black lines are russian forces, blue x is US military (naval or ground/air presence) red is land line from China.  Yellow X is neutral country.

1) US controls the Indian Ocean.  The Axis forces must attack across land.
2) A china attack is not feasible across southwest asia--terrain and long supply lines, interdicted by US military aircraft out of southeast asia (Blue lines from right of map), make this unrealistic.
3)A far western attack from Russia is unlikely.  US has the protection of Nato on the western flank, strong military forces in the meditteranean and turkey, and the possiblity of strong presence in Ukraine (Ive marked the Ukraine as neutral though)
4) The attack must come from Kazhikstan south into Iran.  Afghanistan is the tip of the spear.  From Afghanistan, US aircraft/ground troops can flank russian or chinese supply lines. 
5) The weakness is Pakistan.  Expect the russian attack at first to be heavily tilted towards pakistan.  Capture of Pakistan would cut supply lines to Afghanistan, and enable the full frontal assault from the north.  of course they would need to also do a full frontal attack on afghanistan, less armies attacking into pakistan be flanked and destroyed. 
6) If afghanistan falls, the brunt of russian miltiary can push right in, making defense of the arabia peninnsula very difficult.
7) India is neutral because of their large stockpile of nuclear weapons. 

Don't be expecting the US to leave afghanistan anytime soon, not with the warmongering mindset, and the possiblity of Iran conflict.

--------------------
:smug: [/url][/url] 
:smirk: IF THE NEIGHBORS COMPLAIN BECAUSE THE MUSIC'S TOO LOUD, TURN IT UP SO YOU CAN'T HEAR THEM BITCH    :smirk:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNullface

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Why the US WON'T Leave Afghanistan Anytime Soon--Military Strategists, respond... [Re: starfire_xes]
    #15868620 - 02/26/12 11:52 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

To further the expansion of Israel.

Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

Re: Why the US WON'T Leave Afghanistan Anytime Soon--Military Strategists, respond... [Re: Nullface]
    #15868672 - 02/27/12 12:02 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Maybe, but that isn't the point of the thread.  the point is, why does the US want to stay in afghanistan?  It is because of strategic motives, whatever drive them.  And the map and analysis is to show why Afghanistan is import to warmongers.  By the way, the land israel has taken, was after they were attacked by several arab countries and kicked the living shit out of them.  The arabs wanted to keep their land, they shouldn't have attacked israel.

--------------------
:smirk: IF THE NEIGHBORS COMPLAIN BECAUSE THE MUSIC'S TOO LOUD, TURN IT UP SO YOU CAN'T HEAR THEM BITCH    :smirk:

OfflineNullface

Re: Why the US WON'T Leave Afghanistan Anytime Soon--Military Strategists, respond... [Re: starfire_xes]
    #15868698 - 02/27/12 12:09 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Because Zionism. :wink:

Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

Re: Why the US WON'T Leave Afghanistan Anytime Soon--Military Strategists, respond... [Re: Nullface]
    #15868715 - 02/27/12 12:13 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

C'mon, man, whatever reason.  Look at the map and see if you can reason out what Im saying.  it isn't taking political sides, it is an analysis of why we want afghanistan so badly.  A famous general once said, "Amateurs study tactics.  Professionals study logistics.  You can have a zillion men someplace, if they can't get supplied, they lose.  that is also the reason Poor Boy asked in his other thread why are we going to africa.  reason--logistic bases to support a mideast war.  Simple.  but the assclowns in washington won't tell you that because they are all sitting around jerking off with glee over warplans getting ready to roll.

--------------------

OfflineNullface

#15868750 - 02/27/12 12:21 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

It's a flank attack on Iran; one of the only threats to Israel before it forgoes it's dominance of the Middle East. :thumbup:

Offlineamilibertine
It’s good to be back!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northern South Midwest
    #15868764 - 02/27/12 12:25 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Israel needs to be cut from the US.  That's the worst "friendship" we could possibly have. 

Israel needs to fight it's own battles.  They know they can start a war with Iran, but without major US support they could never finish it.

--------------------

InvisibleAbstraKt_I_Am

Loc: Abroad.
Re: Why the US WON'T Leave Afghanistan Anytime Soon--Military Strategists, respond... [Re: amilibertine]
    #15868776 - 02/27/12 12:29 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I bet the Draft comes back to the US within the next 2 years. Thankfully I have a long list of diagnosed mental illness to protect me from that shit.

Oh how Ill rejoice the day when USA citizens realize some very fishy shit has been going on since 9/11 and that some very fucked up people have done nothing but use them for personal gain for a long time.

--------------------

Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

#15868793 - 02/27/12 12:33 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

It is a flank attack on Iran, but more importantly, it makes it very hard for the Russian/China axis to attack.  Instead of thinking about attack, think about where the various armies are getting their food and bullets from. 

But I wanted someone to do a critical military style analysis and tell my weakness' in my strategic analysis.  haven't any of you ever played Risk?  :mad2:

--------------------

OfflineNullface

#15868800 - 02/27/12 12:34 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

starfire_xes said:
It is a flank attack on Iran, but more importantly, it makes it very hard for the Russian/China axis to attack.  Instead of thinking about attack, think about where the various armies are getting their food and bullets from. 

But I wanted someone to do a critical military style analysis and tell my weakness' in my strategic analysis.  haven't any of you ever played Risk?  :mad2:

I used to play DEFCON. :crazy:

OfflineVsnares.Zappa
bend over

#15868897 - 02/27/12 01:06 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

starfire_xes said:

:popcorn:

Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

Re: Why the US WON'T Leave Afghanistan Anytime Soon--Military Strategists, respond... [Re: Vsnares.Zappa]
    #15868908 - 02/27/12 01:10 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

You mean it doesn't have a real weakness because it is the correct analysis. Haha...I know it is.  Its so obviously apparent from the map.  Just pull out all the blue from Afghanistan, easy to see.

--------------------

Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

#15875079 - 02/28/12 08:04 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Bump with more analysis--Turkey and Afghanistan are the keys to a russian invasion of the arabian peninsula/Iran.

--------------------

Offlineqman
Stranger

#15875141 - 02/28/12 08:26 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Maybe it's the poppy fields they have been guarding for the last 10 years, and the $500 billion per year in profit.

Offlineilike_trees
Braun Taun
 User Gallery

Re: Why the US WON'T Leave Afghanistan Anytime Soon--Military Strategists, respond... [Re: qman]
    #15875163 - 02/28/12 08:36 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Maybe it's because our country isn't run by people who sell politics. It's run by people who sell missiles and stock options.

--------------------
Old and in the way

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 613 Flag
    #15875233 - 02/28/12 09:04 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

starfire_xes said:
5) The weakness is Pakistan.  Expect the russian attack at first to be heavily tilted towards pakistan.  Capture of Pakistan would cut supply lines to Afghanistan, and enable the full frontal assault from the north.  of course they would need to also do a full frontal attack on afghanistan, less armies attacking into pakistan be flanked and destroyed. 

I don't follow, doesn't Pakistan have pretty substantial armed forces and at least some nuclear weapons?

Offlineilike_trees
Braun Taun
 User Gallery

Re: Why the US WON'T Leave Afghanistan Anytime Soon--Military Strategists, respond... [Re: psi]
    #15875244 - 02/28/12 09:10 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I've been thinking lately... The cold war never ended did it? We just stopped calling it a war and now call them "conflicts."

--------------------
Old and in the way

Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

Re: Why the US WON'T Leave Afghanistan Anytime Soon--Military Strategists, respond... [Re: psi]
    #15875250 - 02/28/12 09:12 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Yes they do.  And after rethinking this, I would think they would probably want to stay neutral.  And Pakistan wouldn't really be a key supply route because US would invade southern Iran to open up both ground lines from saudi and the sea to afghanistan. 

But really, Afghanistan is the key, look how it sits right on the supply lines of a russian (or chinese) attack.  I would think the sooner we are out of Afghanistan, the less of a chance we would start a war with Iran.  Staying there increases the chances.  Not that this is my wish, but I know how the diseased minds of our government thinks.

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery

Loc: all up in ya
    #15875279 - 02/28/12 09:22 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I bet You do Mr. starfire_xes.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

OfflineWizzy
In Tha Hizzy

Loc: Void Center
Re: Why the US WON'T Leave Afghanistan Anytime Soon--Military Strategists, respond... [Re: Psychoslut]
    #15875550 - 02/28/12 10:37 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

It's because they know the allspark is somewhere in Afghanistan, so they ar trying to get at it before the decepticons beat them to it

--------------------
:mushdance::mushdance:       
                        :pinkshroom::pinkshroom::pinkshroom::pinkshroom::pinkshroom::pinkshroom::pinkshroom::pinkshroom::pinkshroom::pinkshroom::pinkshroom::pinkshroom::pinkshroom::pinkshroom::pinkshroom::pinkshroom::pinkshroom::pinkshroom::pinkshroom:

Offlineanomie
Stranger

Re: Why the US WON'T Leave Afghanistan Anytime Soon--Military Strategists, respond... [Re: ilike_trees]
    #15875895 - 02/28/12 12:16 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

wheres all the 'war with russia and china' coming from. possible but its a huge maybe in this day and age.

Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

Re: Why the US WON'T Leave Afghanistan Anytime Soon--Military Strategists, respond... [Re: anomie]
    #15875978 - 02/28/12 12:41 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I didn't say it was.  I said that is the way they think in Washington.  Especially when they think they might have to go to war with Iran.

--------------------

OfflineDest
Roller-Derby Coach
 User Gallery

#15876335 - 02/28/12 02:06 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

He who has the higher ground has the military advantage. Having your grunts high on Afghanistan opium is not a military advantage though.

ugh we have been at war for nearly half of my life I am weary to see how this plays out.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom