Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleOctopusDr
Octi Doci

Re: still hallucinating [Re: TheDude]
    #1588890 - 05/29/03 01:30 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah everybody has those.

I remember when I was a kid I would resort to watching those "floaters" glide by during long car rides. I still watch them and I believe it has nothing to do with drugs. Though in some people, the drugs may have heightened their perception causing them to take notice to the things.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: still hallucinating [Re: OctopusDr]
    #1588905 - 05/29/03 01:33 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

not everyone has them...but judging by this thread I'd say a lot do

OfflineMetaMountain
New hand

Loc: FromSoFarAwayYouWontBelie...
    #1588945 - 05/29/03 01:44 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Oh man, I have the same exact thing too! I've noticed little bacteria looking things in my vision for years now, long before I ever started doing drugs. The funny thing about them is I can't look directly at them, everytime I move my eye, they move right along with it. However, if I just relax and don't focus on them, they will merrily move about in whatever direction they please....go with the flow. Only 4% of the population has this? I feel so lucky now! 

Heyyyyy...I always had that....i never could explain...these :smile:...anyways...I have never tripped before...so i guess they are not so clear.....are they clearer after you tripp?

Edited by MetaMountain (05/29/03 01:49 PM)

InvisibleOctopusDr
Octi Doci

Re: still hallucinating [Re: MetaMountain]
    #1588982 - 05/29/03 01:56 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

What you havent tripping before?  I would have never guessed that from your avitar. 

Come on man, get with the program :wink: :wink: 

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
    #1589038 - 05/29/03 02:13 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah...it was in some scientific journal, some obscure study, but yeah, it said of their test subjects only 4% had this and thats good enought o say only 4% of the general public has it. I was always quite sure it was bacteria...and thats how i described it when i was a kid...ive actually seen big blobs with orbits engluf toob like squiggly things. Yup. this is cool.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineKanibus
Killa KanProductions

Loc: Canada
    #1589462 - 05/29/03 04:10 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

For a couple months after i tripped 4 times in the summer i had weird shit like that happening, ei closed eye visuals, and the rest..

--------------------
~~~~ CHECK THIS SHIT OUT ~~~~
http://www.geocities.com/magicmushroominfo/
http://www.geocities.com/killakanproductions/
~~~~ CHECK THIS SHIT OUT ~~~~

Offlinesolidox
sir

Loc: Romania
Re: still hallucinating [Re: PDU]
    #1589548 - 05/29/03 04:31 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Hmm, those "floaters" might not be the liquid on his eye...

Since i was small, ive been able to see the "bacteria" on my eyes at certain times, its actually got a name, something like 4% of the population has it. I can actually watch things, just like you would see on a microscope slide on a science film, on my eye, wriggly bacteria that multiply and whatever...

Yeah, I had these long befor I even started smokin ...

Offlinethe free thinker
salesman
Male User Gallery

Loc: twin cities
    #1589824 - 05/29/03 05:11 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Hmm, those "floaters" might not be the liquid on his eye...

Since i was small, ive been able to see the "bacteria" on my eyes at certain times, its actually got a name, something like 4% of the population has it. I can actually watch things, just like you would see on a microscope slide on a science film, on my eye, wriggly bacteria that multiply and whatever...

I've got the same shit, and I had it long before I had ever ingested any drug at all.

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: still hallucinating [Re: the free thinker]
    #1589852 - 05/29/03 05:15 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

well in my case must have been coincedence...I had a friend who I respect say he thought thats what caused his...so I assumed he was prolly right...but judging by this thread hes prolly wrong and so am I...oh well :smile:

OfflineJourney
Re: still hallucinating [Re: MeThoD]
    #1590069 - 05/29/03 05:54 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

since the last time ive shroomed (3 months ago) ive been constantly hallucinating... light patterns, things moving.... and i dont think itll ever go away... its not a problem now... especially since things seem to look nicer... but did shrooms cause this?

I think of it as one of the better long term effects of shrooms. Enjoy it while it lasts

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #1590196 - 05/29/03 06:18 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

When I look at nice colour patterned carpets and let my eyes just stare, like not concentrate on anything, I can get the carpet to kindof wobble a bit.  I was having fun today with that before my court hearing :smile: 

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

OfflineJagon
store clerk

Loc: India
Re: still hallucinating [Re: ]
    #1590215 - 05/29/03 06:21 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I think of it as one of the better long term effects of shrooms. Enjoy it while it lasts

-------------------------------------------------
--------

what are the bad side effects?

OfflineJourney
Re: still hallucinating [Re: Jagon]
    #1590245 - 05/29/03 06:26 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Well for me the positive effects far outweigh the negative, but I'm now very introverted, which isn't necessarily bad, just inconvenient at times.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1590248 - 05/29/03 06:27 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

what I meant was what you guys are talking about, "bacteria" and little microbe-lookin things swimming around right on your eyeballs - there are also a couple permanant little imperfections on the surface of my eye that I can't "look directly at" because they move with my eye heh - she also said that's normal

I see them the best when I look up at a nice bright blue sky.. all of these things happen and apparently they're all normal.

Resonance is my favorite - I make artwork with it sometimes lol like by looking at something to capture its shape, and then looking at something else to overlay it - you can stack things like that :wink: its neat; I'd never realized how well the image stays with me from just looking at something for a second.. maybe in the past I was too restless to care to notice this kind of stuff heh, but my dr says the stuff's always been there and its nothing unique to see this stuff.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineHooty
Reality isRelative

Re: still hallucinating [Re: Strumpling]
    #1591024 - 05/29/03 08:53 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I used to notice that stuff on my eyes all the time when I was little and would open my eyes while swimming underwater and when looking at the sky.

Also if I stare at a flat surface with texture (i.e. the ceiling or pavement or something) it kind of swishes aroudn on it's own planes.... I always enjoyed it and wish it was more defined. This is just since tripping though, the eye thing I've had forever.

--------------------

Without love in the dream
It will never come true

OfflineGernBlanston
unintended sideeffect
Male

Loc: OR
    #1591871 - 05/30/03 12:06 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

After doing a LOT of LSD for a few years (it's been a while)... well, lemme quantify. Averaged 3 hits of blotter per trip, two trips per week, 2.5 years. Some trips, as much as (equiv.) 200 hits - about 5 of those.

For weeks after heavy trips, I had active visual perceptal disturbances for 2-3 weeks after, at what I would call about 20% of the intensity of in-trip hallucinations. These tapered off after 3-4 weeks.

But for the entire period of time I was activly dosing, and for about 5-6 years afterwards, I had continual and everday visual disturbances. They were not enough to disturb my daily activities, and I was even able to bring on an intense "mini-trip" for a minute or three by concentrating on the visual thingy.

Point is, I don't think it's too unusual - depending on the lenght of time you've been tripping and your doses in that time. It WILL go away eventually

Physiologically, I think it happens because of the neuropathways that are activated (and actually developed) during the trip. When you increase seratonin and dopamine levels in the brain (which is what happens during a trip), electrical signals actually jump from one pathway (which has already been developed and well ingrained) to another pathway. This is literally what enables you to see colors, or taste sounds (a phenomenon referred to as synesthesia). If this occurs long enough or often enough, the predisposition for these neural-jumps becomes prevalent simply because new pathways are being created. Just like you don't have to retrain your brain to recognize popcorn everytime you smell it, the non-traditional pathways that allow for perceptive twists will be there waiting for simple signals to trigger it. Once you stop giving those pathways feedback (ie. stop dosing), then they don't get used, won't get stimulated, and will eventually just go away.

--------------------
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.
  --  Howard Zinn

OfflineZeppelin
I'm Gonna BurnOne Down.

#1591900 - 05/30/03 12:19 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Oh man, I have the same exact thing too!  I've noticed little bacteria looking things in my vision for years now, long before I ever started doing drugs.  The funny thing about them is I can't look directly at them, everytime I move my eye, they move right along with it.  However, if I just relax and don't focus on them, they will merrily move about in whatever direction they please....go with the flow.  Only 4% of the population has this?  I feel so lucky now! :smile: 

...I have that. :crazy: 

--------------------
I'm afraid of losing my obscurity.
Genuineness only thrives in the dark.

Like celery. ~Aldous Huxley

InvisibleTheDude
is waiting forthe peak

Re: still hallucinating [Re: Zeppelin]
    #1591909 - 05/30/03 12:25 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Hmmmm, maybe the 4% of the population that has this eye bacteria thing constitutes 100% of the shroomery patrons......

--------------------
"this lebowski he called himself 'the dude'. now, 'dude', that's a name no one would self-apply where i come from but there was a lot about the dude that didn't make sense to me...."--the Stranger

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
    #1592029 - 05/30/03 01:47 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Hmmm, it would appear the mass-cases of HPPD have been replaced with loads of new cases of eye-bacteria? I too have seen what you are describing since I was a child and I just assumed that everyone saw them, I still think it is the liquid on your eye reflecting light. Sometimes people read something that sounds familiar to them and believe they have it. If you all think your seeing bacteria I would recommend goinmg to an optician

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

Anonymous

#1592199 - 05/30/03 05:46 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Heres probably what your optomitrist was talking about: http://www.stlukeseye.com/Conditions/Floaters.asp

but i cant find anything on google, i keep getting the same pages...dunno what to search for exactly.

I believe its what that link describes..I don't think its bacteria...cause what is said in that article is exactly what my optomitrist was telling me it was....I'm surprised at how many ppl have this here at shroomery....since not everyone has it...I have talked too many ppl who have no idea what I am talking about

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag