Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

still hallucinating
    #1586562 - 05/28/03 09:27 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

since the last time ive shroomed (3 months ago) ive been constantly hallucinating... light patterns, things moving.... and i dont think itll ever go away... its not a problem now... especially since things seem to look nicer... but did shrooms cause this?

--------------------
Every empty bowl must be filled, and a full bowl must always be emptied.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
Re: still hallucinating [Re: MeThoD]
    #1586577 - 05/28/03 09:31 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Hrmm i get very mild open eye visuals. It mostly consists of fuzz in my vision and is most apparent when im in a room of white backgrounds.

I dont know if ive had it since birth but i noticed it before i even touched a psychadelic.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: still hallucinating [Re: baraka]
    #1586589 - 05/28/03 09:34 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah...i think most people get this. I had it for about 4 or 5 months after my "big trip" and they just recently went away...so ive had some more experiences which have brought them back, and i am greatful. Do they bother you? I sometimes see cool light flashes with my eyes closed...but most often i get spots at the perimeter of my vision, and ill see words im typing twist and curl into themselves.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Re: still hallucinating [Re: PDU]
    #1586615 - 05/28/03 09:40 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I got that for abit after I tripped hard. Most people say it goes away, mine did. Its not a big deal since its not really noticeable if you dont focus..its things nerely out of vision.

Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

Re: still hallucinating *DELETED* [Re: PDU]
    #1586617 - 05/28/03 09:41 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by poke smot!

Reason for deletion: x

Offlinesuperfine
Driter

Loc: My Home Roams
Re: still hallucinating [Re: poke smot!]
    #1587122 - 05/29/03 12:16 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

The wallpaper always slides around just a tiiiiny bit ever since I have started doing mushrooms.  I don't know if this will go away.  I sure hope it doesn't Its good entertainment while sitting on the can  :laugh:

--------------------
Go through the orange yesterday

I watched intently for a while to both sides, infront of me and behind me.
I was impressed to learn there was another way to look... UP!
More impressive still was the fact that there were beautiful stars in this direction
Most amazing fact of all was the prospect of another direction when I was done with up. DOWN! Which, based on the feel through my toes would be a fine sandy beach!

Invisiblevas
A shroom
 User Gallery

Loc: Underneath the casing lay...
Re: still hallucinating [Re: superfine]
    #1587432 - 05/29/03 02:14 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I think it happens with a lot of drugs; I had a long after affect with E. Loss of a self esteem and touch of reality for months, that?s after dropping 3. And NO it wasnt cool!!

--------------------
That's a fine little shroom!!!

OfflineYellowSubmarine
Soviet Pig

Loc: U.S.S.R.
Re: still hallucinating [Re: vas]
    #1588041 - 05/29/03 05:22 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Go to Erowid.com and look up LSD, there will be a link to a side-effect described as HPPD. It is a perception-disorder that has been associated with psychedelic users. Because LSD and shrooms are classified as "illegal Schedule 1 narcotics" in the U.S. there has been a lack of research on this matter. Think it is b.s. and that's fine. I had a friend in middle school that took too much and combined his mushrooms with other drugs and now as a result he sees permanent tracers everywhere. It has been 7 years since his "final" experience and I feel terrible for the guy. Respect the mushroom and realize the fine line you walk on when you take on this cosmic/ transcendental experience. I always like to think of mushrooms as the hand that pulls back the curtain, revealing Oz in front of a microphone. The fortunate ones are often caught.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: still hallucinating [Re: MeThoD]
    #1588048 - 05/29/03 05:25 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

so, take a few hundred mg of niacinamide every day if you want them to stop...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
Re: still hallucinating [Re: gnrm23]
    #1588131 - 05/29/03 06:42 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

"The wallpaper always slides around just a tiiiiny bit ever since I have started doing mushrooms."

Same here, when I sit in my living room I can see the wallpaper shifting slightly. Although my wallpaper always "melts" when im tripping, I think it has more to do with ones mind becoming more aware of things. When I look at patterns and unfocus my eyes, its almost like im inducing an OEV, in my opinion it is a result of pupil dilation/contraction and interpretation. For example if you are in almost dark room with a lamp for light and you look at something beyond the lamp, your pupils will respond to the light by contracting, the object in the background will "shift" slightly as your eyes adjust. A shroomer, in my personal experience, associates certain things with tripping, seeing these when sober gives the impression that your "still hallucinating" or have HPPD, when in actual fact it is most likely that these events , like the pupil dilation/contraction, have been occuring for most your life. But, as while tripping these things are more pronounced, you become more aware of them in general. There are many cases of HPPD but I think some of them are misdiagnosed, especially where people themselves decide they have it, and are at times exaggerated.

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

Anonymous

Re: still hallucinating [Re: st0nedphucker]
    #1588514 - 05/29/03 11:08 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I can't say I ever had this....for me the visuals go away when the drug does...and by the next day I feel completely "normal"

EDIT: I do have a lot of floaters tho that I believe was the result of drugs in some way(I didn't have them before drugs)...I talked to my eye doctor tho and he says theres nothing too worry about and some ppl just get em

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: still hallucinating [Re: ]
    #1588622 - 05/29/03 12:03 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

dude these "floaters" are liquid on your eyeball that you weren't perceptive enough to notice before you ate mushrooms.

That's what my optometrist told me anyway..... most of the other phenomenon I see is resonance in images, like if you look at a lamp and then look somewhere else you can still see the lamp.. I notice resonance way more than I used to - I even use it to my advantage at times.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: still hallucinating [Re: Strumpling]
    #1588632 - 05/29/03 12:07 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Hmm, those "floaters" might not be the liquid on his eye...

Since i was small, ive been able to see the "bacteria" on my eyes at certain times, its actually got a name, something like 4% of the population has it. I can actually watch things, just like you would see on a microscope slide on a science film, on my eye, wriggly bacteria that multiply and whatever...

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Anonymous

#1588696 - 05/29/03 12:36 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I think my optometrist said it was pieces of retna or something that have broken away...he said it was pieces of something breaking away...may not have been retna

EDIT: that does sound like what I have pdu...but my optometrist never said anything about bacteria

OfflineSombie
Moonrock eater

Loc: Stafford, Virginia
    #1588710 - 05/29/03 12:39 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Holy shit, are you serious? I have had something like that for a long time, but I had to hard of a time explaining what it looked like ot people and they just assumed i ment floaters

--------------------
"America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable." - Hunter S Thompson

Check out Agio

Follow my NFL Blog

Anonymous

#1588716 - 05/29/03 12:40 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

and strumpling I would have noticed them before....they are very evident especially on sunny days...not something you could not notice...I'm not saying mushrooms did it...and possibly no drug did it....but it wasn't till after my drug use that they appeared

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: still hallucinating [Re: Sombie]
    #1588769 - 05/29/03 12:57 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

well, ill look for some articles on it...i came across to a link to it for a long time, i was like "holy shit!" too. I dont really know what to search for...eye bacteria?

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

#1588824 - 05/29/03 01:13 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Heres probably what your optomitrist was talking about: http://www.stlukeseye.com/Conditions/Floaters.asp

but i cant find anything on google, i keep getting the same pages...dunno what to search for exactly.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineJourney
    #1588831 - 05/29/03 01:15 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I always thought it was just little scratches on the surface of the eye

InvisibleTheDude
is waiting forthe peak

#1588869 - 05/29/03 01:25 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Oh man, I have the same exact thing too!  I've noticed little bacteria looking things in my vision for years now, long before I ever started doing drugs.  The funny thing about them is I can't look directly at them, everytime I move my eye, they move right along with it.  However, if I just relax and don't focus on them, they will merrily move about in whatever direction they please....go with the flow.  Only 4% of the population has this?  I feel so lucky now! :smile:

--------------------
"this lebowski he called himself 'the dude'. now, 'dude', that's a name no one would self-apply where i come from but there was a lot about the dude that didn't make sense to me...."--the Stranger

Edited by TheDude (05/29/03 01:28 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag