Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: DXM

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineAmnesiac
Re-memberingcosmic wisdom

Loc: Unknown
Maybe mushrooms ARE for everyone
    #1586190 - 05/28/03 09:04 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

It's common to hear people saying "Mushrooms are great, but they're not for everyone." This may be true... I have said it myself a few times, but recently, after a trip with a friend, I am beginning to think that maybe mushrooms are for everyone.

The basis for saying that mushrooms are not meant for a particular person is usually due to the fact that they always have bad trips, freak out, become depressed, and sometimes cause people to lose their minds, if they are not stable of mind to begin with.

I am probably going to get major flames for suggesting this, but hey, that's what it's all about!

I suggest that it's possible mushrooms are a way of speeding up the process of our personal evolution... or destroying us. Either way, nature's necessary process of "survival of the fittest" is sort of sped-up by taking mushrooms. There seem to be a couple of possibilities... either your mushroom trip will be a positive, growthful, insightful experience which will guide you along the path of your personal evolution, or it will have a reverse effect and cause a person to become unstable, possibly insane, possibly resulting in their deaths or their eventual removal from the groups who are on an evolving path rather than a destructive or stagnant one.

For me, mushrooms seem to be available to us for the purpose of speeding things along, which does include the removal of the obsolete or unfit...

This is not something I believe, merely an idea I just recently thought of. I haven't given it enough thought to be able to tell you what I think about it, but feel free to add anything to this idea or let me know how stupid you think I am.

--------------------
Here we are, in these bodies, on this planet in an endless universe. This is not the extent of who we are... merely an extension of who we really are.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Re: Maybe mushrooms ARE for everyone [Re: Amnesiac]
    #1586275 - 05/28/03 09:39 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Nice idea except its no good. There is no reason to believe mushrooms would be the key to speeding things up. Plus people that have good trips aren't always fittest to survive...

Everyone is different, there is no reason to believe our brains would have evolved to react one way to mushrooms. It means nothing, everyone is different thats why tripping is not for everyone. Its that simple and the rule applies to everything. Some people dont react well with certain drugs....

There are lots of great things that aren't ment for everyone. Like driving, dear god that isn't meant for everyone.

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Maybe mushrooms ARE for everyone [Re: DailyPot]
    #1586429 - 05/28/03 10:32 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I think almost anyone can benefit from mushrooms if used in the right setting and mind frame. Part of the problem, is of course, that because of the legality, people tend to look down on any insight gained from mushrooms. On top of that, not everyone experiences the "Oneness" and other such glowing feelings. Some people might be just looking to get "fucked up", while others, of course, aren't going to enjoy it at all. However, I do agree that mushrooms & the like CAN be used to help speed up our evolution, but it's up to us to make it work.

The biggest problem I see in mushrooms in American society is that one can experience tremendous awareness of perspective in life, but when it comes to applying it to the "real world", it can be difficult to meld the two together. A lot of psychedelic ideas aren't exactly popular with some people. Of course, there are a large amount of people who welcomely accept those ideas. I'm really interested in studying cultures where mushroom use is encouraged rather than looked down upon. I'm gonna have to add some of James Arthurs' stuff to my list of books to read.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Re: Maybe mushrooms ARE for everyone [Re: Twirling]
    #1586525 - 05/28/03 11:14 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I think tripping can push you forward mentally but it can also do many other things.

Tripping is not for everyone, this is very difficult for people who react well (like everyone on shroomery pretty much) to understand.

There are tons of things that are good for one person and they cant understand why others dont like it. Look at chocolate, some people love it others cant stand it and find it to taste horrible. There is no way to make it good for them, it just doesn't work for them.

Oh! Good example, DXM. Like a thrid of the people that use it find it to be a great drug and they go to use it all the time, another thrid hates it and finds it to be a horrible excuse for a drug, while another third could careless either way.

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1586548 - 05/28/03 11:20 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Good usually comes out of bad trips too. I've noticed this after reading hunmdreds of Trip reports. So in a way, shrooms can be god for just about everyone. Some people on shrooms go berzerk and flip out- that could hurt someone. But the proper setting should account for this possable problem.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Edited by Murex (05/28/03 11:24 PM)

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
    #1586627 - 05/28/03 11:44 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I dunno about this sped-up evolution thing, but I think that aside from its lack of females, the population of this website shows that mushrooms really are for everyone.  There are so many different kinds of people here in this community, almost all of whom love mushrooms.

I believe that the lack of females shows only that men are more likely to join message boards on the internet than females are.  Females are much better at person-to-person communication, I think.  So it really doesn't mean that females try or like mushrooms less than males do.

Anyway... I guess what I'm saying is that your original argument, that "maybe shrooms are for everyone, can be proven true simply by looking at the community of this website.  But I could be jumping to conclusions.

You never know. :laugh:

-RebelSteve 

--------------------
Namaste.

Anonymous

#1586642 - 05/28/03 11:48 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Some people need shrooms to reach what theyre after.
Some people dont need shrooms to reach what theyre after.
Some people think they need shrooms to reach what theyre after but really dont.
Some people think shrooms lead them astray from what theyre after but really they would lead them right to it.
Some people have a shitty time on mushrooms.
Some people have a grand old time on mushrooms.
Some people have a shitty time on mushrooms and to them that is a grand old time.
Some people have a grand old time on mushrooms and to them it is a shitty time.
Some people's concept of God is to go totally insane.
Some people's concept of total insanty is really seeing God.

Short answer - All people are different. Mushrooms are not for everyone.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
    #1586670 - 05/28/03 11:56 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

This is very weird...i wrote this:

Ive found myself thinking much more again, a very positive thing...back to my over analysis of everything, but i can cope, and even appreciate. This is surly a benefit of my increased use of entheogens once again, furthur affirming my belief that they should be used in the correct context on somewhat of a schedule. As long as humans have been around they have been altering their minds with "visionary plants" more commonly known as entheogens. It is unnatural not to. It has been argue'd or theorized that 4-HO-DMT aka psilocybin sped the evoltionary process by millions of years in humans. Its natural to want to progress yourself physically, spirtually, and mentally, i cant conceive why someone would deny themselves that right.

In my diary entry just this afternoon.

I think if propaganda hadnt been leached into everyones minds, and if they started from a clean, unbiased slate with proper education, mushrooms could be for everyone...but not how it is today...

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Re: Maybe mushrooms ARE for everyone [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1586733 - 05/29/03 12:08 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

RebelSteve33, this is the shroomery. I think that can account for atleast why most people here like shrooms... Shrooms are great and all but thats for us, how can you argue with a person that says they tryed it afew times and dont like it. You cant, its something inside you.

Just like guys that dont like sports or beer, its just not for you. People will argue and say its for everyone and a way of life and whatnot but you know if it is or isn't for you. Sometimes its just the wrong time for things and thats the reason, other times there is no good time, its just not for you.

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Re: Maybe mushrooms ARE for everyone [Re: DailyPot]
    #1586749 - 05/29/03 12:13 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I guess I was thinking more that they are for every type of person but not really every individual person. You are right.

-RebelSteve

--------------------
Namaste.

Anonymous

#1586837 - 05/29/03 12:40 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

I guess I was thinking more that they are for every type of person but not really every individual person. You are right.

-RebelSteve

I didn't agree with your original post, but I do agree with that.

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
    #1587028 - 05/29/03 01:37 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I think that pyschedelics are for everyone, people have bad trips because they want to hold on to reality, ego, somesort of mental baggage they aren't ready to go through.

As for accelerating evolution, i agree 100%. I was looking at an telepathy advertisment, and it said, "Ask yourself, do you really want to get ahead of things."

For me, in some ways i do some ways i don't! Lets say psychedelics are a physic catalyst, i love a form of kinesis, but i don't think im ready for any telepathy.

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

#1589122 - 05/29/03 04:40 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

I guess I was thinking more that they are for every type of person but not really every individual person.  You are right.

True, I agree with you here :smile:

Offlinedawn of a new day
un inglohablante

Loc: Earth
    #1589195 - 05/29/03 05:04 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Good theory. If mushrooms are a way of speeding along evolution, they're probably not 'the way' but rather one of many ways.

One flaw though is the fact that someone can have a bad trip one time and a profound trip their next time, or vice versa. I think that they help teach us more about the necessary preparation for certain activies(at least for a higher dosage trip) than they weed out the "weak." More often now in our high-tech instant society, we are taught to expect things to work and produce results immediately with absolutely no forethought, but taking this approach into a trip can lead to a startling experience.

--------------------
"Why is marijuana against the law? It grows naturally upon our planet. Doesn't the idea of making nature against the law seem to you a bit . . . unnatural?"
- Bill Hicks

Edited by dawn of a new day (05/29/03 05:05 PM)

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1590170 - 05/29/03 08:12 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

yeah you bring up an interesting point - I think the "war on drugs" really can effect people's experience more than they realize, and that if there wasn't such a negative vibe about drugs automatically inserted into us at such an early age, freak-outs and "bad trips" would be pretty different and not as socially threatening as they can be under this dark cloud. Without a war on drugs, I think many more people would be doing them, but way less people would be getting into trouble through them.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Re: Maybe mushrooms ARE for everyone [Re: Strumpling]
    #1590316 - 05/29/03 08:47 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

That is probably true!

F***in' government.........  :mad: :mad: :mad:

--------------------
Namaste.

OfflineAmnesiac
Re-memberingcosmic wisdom

Loc: Unknown
    #1591200 - 05/29/03 11:24 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Great comments so far.

One thing I'd like to add... perhaps mushrooms aren't for every individual, but some sort of entheogenic or psychedelic experience is, and it is true that due to our social conditioning from early school age, many of us who would have experienced benefits from entheogenic experiences will now miss out simply because they have been programmed to avoid "drugs" without question.

Like Dawn said, it is one of many ways to enhance our consciousness and speed up growth or enhance awareness of the self and the universe.

I think it's unfair to say that some people will NEVER be able to benefit from mushrooms. I think that for some who currently do not enjoy them, perhaps it's only a matter of time before they learn to appreciate them, if they make an attempt to.

But for somebody who chooses not to use entheogens, because they are capable of reaching heightened states of consciousness simply through meditation or other practices, that's just fine. If this is the case then mushrooms aren't necessary for everyone, but I figure that even if they produce a bad trip, perhaps that bad trip was necessary for a blow to the ego, therefore by hurting, the experience actually does help.

Pain, discomfort, misery... some of the greatest teachers of all.

--------------------
Here we are, in these bodies, on this planet in an endless universe. This is not the extent of who we are... merely an extension of who we really are.

OfflineAsanteA
light your candle on my love
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
    #1592160 - 05/30/03 07:04 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Haven't read thewhole thread but..

Psychedelics are NOT for everyone.
Some go mad, some pull the plug on theirselves and some get permanently offline because the chronic OEV blot out the letterson the computer screen. I myself have constant patterning for 3/4 year now, slight so it's no biggie, but it is accompanied by hightened emotionality (like in a Trip) that I'm yet still learning to live with. For me it's a Gift, but for me it's only just a wee bit of HPPD.

Psychedelics are NOT for everybody. That's the mistake of the 1960s. Some people should never ingest such a potent mindstirrer like Shrooms or LSD.
I'm going to upset some of you but f#cking Timothy Leary and especially the f#cking Merry Pranksters have made Psychedelics an illegal novelty item. Bless their harts but f#ck 'em for what they did :shocked:

If you (any reader) have a grain of common sense, were in power and were confronted with the situation of the 1960s you HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO OUTLAW LSD/PSILOCYBIN. That they put a stop to the research is unforgivable, but the rampant abuse of the world's most potent psychoactives had to be stopped.

SOME PEOPLE HAVE TO BE PROTECTED AGAINST THEMSELVES.

If any dose would give anyone trips like the ones I recall now I'd say drop 5 blotters and a microdot in the milkbottle, stir well, slap on the rubber teet and go feed baby  :shocked:
But it just doesn't work that way.

Evolution means 999 die to give way to the offspring of the 1. If I had given my granny shrooms or LSD she would not have lived to become 90 yo.

Psychedelics have transformed numerous lives. I've seen people blossom and soar to hights no-one would've dreamed to be possible. But think about those who'll crumble... Evolution sux for most people!

Speaking of: Heroin: that's evolution! Alot of people who are openminded try it. The ones who derive the most pleasure from it get hooked and step out of reproductive evolution. Result: over time the human race loses all sorts of "independent thinking" and "pleasure" genes to this mauling monster.
XTC on the other hand almost drove the rubber industry to bankrupcy & makes alot of babies happen :grin: :grin: :grin:

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

OfflineAsanteA
light your candle on my love
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
    #1592167 - 05/30/03 07:15 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Please take no offence, really none intended, but..

"Pain, discomfort, misery.. Some of the greatest teachers of all"
why don't you go LIVE there if you like 'em so much?! :shocked:

I agree, but only because the overall balance of my life has been positive. Had it been negative they would ruin my life & grind my personality into a pulp.

If you slip my mom LSD I'll get a 2x4 oak beam and give you an OBE with no drugs involved! :grin: Some people should not take shrooms because they are not up to the challange a bad trip poses. These are most people. That doesn't make us better, that makes us LSD-mainlining hippy junkie drug freaks because we're a minority that's easy to shit on in election time.

most people have sex but only minorities get fucked :smirk: 

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Loc: NY
Re: Maybe mushrooms ARE for everyone [Re: Asante]
    #1592423 - 05/30/03 10:01 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Psycodelics, are not for every one, I believe you need to be very grounded and have a certain level of maturity in order to get some positive results from them.
The indiscriminate use of them I find very dangerous especially on a young mind, even in an adult mind could be catastrophic if wrongly applied.
It all comes down to education, in the past there very specialist (shamans) who were experts in the usage of these compounds, they were the instructors of the young initiates, they will couch them and prepared them for the experience, and if they felt that the individual was not ready they will not give it to them.
But what do we have in our society now days? We tend to forbid and put it away, this attitude makes it more dangerous, because allows the compounds to get into the black markets and eventually to the ones that have no Idea what they are doing, which leads to abuse, miss use and some times death.
The only solution that I see is education not repression, repression never works always makes things worse in the end.
The powers of our society need to understand that they will never be able to stop the usage of mind altering substance, is been with us since humans appeared on earth, hitting us on the head with bibles and throwing us in jail will no change us.
We will always remain a very small minority, so no need to worry that you will loose members in your church, synagogue or temple.
Live and let live.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: DXM

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology