Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelemunhed
The hustler'shustler

Loc: Ur moms house
Mushroom Breeding.
    #1582849 - 05/27/03 09:18 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I'm not sure if this belongs her or in advanced techniques... i didn't want to be audacious by posting there before this kid i know has even had a successful grow. I was wondering, how do you breed mushrooms? I have been unable to find an adequate FAQ on this. Also, where do you experienced mycologists go for different strain information? I like the hawks eye but its not in depth, doesn't give the scientific information only rough growing characteristics. Thanks for the help.

--------------------
You're pompeius, aren't you? I'll make a pompeian of you unless you hold your toungue!

-Tiberius Claudius Nero

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFunkyBudah
myco-wizard

Loc: Shakedown Street
Re: Mushroom Breeding. [Re: lemunhed]
    #1583193 - 05/27/03 10:50 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Put on some Marvin Gaye and light some candles, then let them do the rest.

-FB

Offlinetrev
comming out of retirement
 User Gallery

Loc: Aussie
    #1583217 - 05/27/03 10:57 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I usually put some spurs on my cowboy boots and Some country & western on the wireless and LINE DANCE WITH THEM!!!

--------------------

Anonymous #14
[quote]There are billions of people on this planet. The world does not revolve around the united states, moron. I hope terrorists crash their collective cocks into your asshole. [/quote]

OfflineDSD
devil

Loc: Bad,Bad person - minus ...
Re: Mushroom Breeding. [Re: FunkyBudah]
    #1583361 - 05/27/03 11:50 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

funky budah
you crack me up ! maybe a little marvin that sez " LET'S GET IT ON " just listen for the groove !

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #1584018 - 05/28/03 02:58 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I'm not sure if this belongs her or in advanced techniques... i didn't want to be audacious by posting there before this kid i know has even had a successful grow. I was wondering, how do you breed mushrooms? I have been unable to find an adequate FAQ on this. Also, where do you experienced mycologists go for different strain information? I like the hawks eye but its not in depth, doesn't give the scientific information only rough growing characteristics. Thanks for the help.

there is some good and intereseting information availible from many universities, majority are located in europe, Netherlands, some information is even provided by the US government concerning edibles.....youl'll probably find gene splicing is the best viable option for a true hybrid

Invisibleshroomophile
ShroomitusFidelis
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #1584147 - 05/28/03 05:38 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Chapter 15 from the Mushroom Cultivator(Stamets&Chilton)

A simple Technique can be used to physically seperate spores so that individual dikaryotic(or even monokaryotic) cultures can be isolated in one step.The necessary equiptment includes a bacterial(small) loop,several screw cap vials of 20-30 ml capacity,a flame and several sterile pipettes or small syringes.

To utilize this method,first fill each of the vials with 9 ml of distilled water,place the caps on loosely and sterilize them.After they have cooled,the caps should be firmly screwed down.The innoculation loop is then flamed,cooled and gently rubbed on the sporeprint,being careful not to get a large mass of spores.The loop is dipped and twirled in one of the vials,which is then recapped and shaken vigorously.One ml of the fluid is then transferd to another vial,which is recapped and shaken,generating a dilute spore suspension.This suspension may be futher diluted in the same manner.In this way,the cultivator has generated three suspensions of spores,one of high spore density,one 1/10 as concentrated and one with 1/100 or 1% of the original concentration.Now spread 1/10 of a ml of each suspension on a seperate media filled petri plate(or better yet,use several plates for each dilution.)The original strength suspension in all likelyhood will produce a dense lawn of cultures,which will be difficult to seperate.This is the same condition as is produced with normal spore spreading methods.The less dense suspensions:however,should produce many fewer colonies,usually in the range of 20-50 per plate for the 1:10 dilution and 2-5 for the 1:100 dilution.

Look carefully at the plates having only a few colonies.The slower growing monokaryons can be discerned from the faster growing dikaryons.Pick about 25 of the dikaryons to test for fruiting ability and reaction to culture conditions.

If desired,the monokaryotic cultures can be picked out for a breeding program.This is especially valuable if there are spores from several strains available.When spores are simply spread onto a plate,they adhere to one another,so attempts to simply streak spores of two strains on a plate usually do not yield hybrids.

For strain info,do a search on say golden teacher strain.Go to each site and study the shroomie.Ask fellow shroomerites. Ask the shroomery's vendors .

--------------------
Once the mighty oak,was a nut who held his ground.

Anonymous

Post deleted by Papaver [Re: lemunhed]
    #1585564 - 05/28/03 04:04 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Offlinelemunhed
The hustler'shustler

Loc: Ur moms house
Re: Mushroom Breeding. [Re: ]
    #1591333 - 05/29/03 09:50 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Holy fuck. lol thanks for making it sound so elementary pris. I think i'll probably wait to tackle that one until i have my first flush or actual mushrooms lol. Thanks guys.

--------------------
You're pompeius, aren't you? I'll make a pompeian of you unless you hold your toungue!

-Tiberius Claudius Nero

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck