Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineShroomHungry
Stranger
First time fruiting got some q's
    #1585170 - 05/28/03 03:42 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Ok i have about 7 jars colonizing right now, and there doin good. The mycelium is about have way taken over the substrate on all of them, so it shouldnt be long untill I have to fruit. Heres where i got questions. In the pftek for simple minds, its says when the cakes are done i should put the jars in a cool place and expose them to indirect light for a few hours to get them to pin a little bit, thaan birth them out of the jar. Does this have to be done? or can i go straight to the terrarium? if i do need to do this where should i keep them untill they pin, a drawer with no heater or something? For my terrarium im just going to get a tupperwear with saran wrap for the top, and do the whole simple mind tek with the perlite and water at the bottom. What do you think is the best way to heat this terrarium, it is basically summer, do i even need a heater in there? i know it should be around 70 degrees. Also, how long should I expose them to indirect light a day? Should I have a closed top so its dark in there all times and than expose it to light for a little bit, or can it always just have the saran wrap on top and basically get indirect light all day. Well ive asked enough questions, sorry im so specific, i just dont want anything to go wrong on my first flussh. Thanks a lot peeace

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleZwieback0
Baby Bread
 User Gallery

Re: First time fruiting got some q's [Re: ShroomHungry]
    #1585187 - 05/28/03 03:47 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

No need to induce pinning when its incubating. I would actually advise not to let it pin, personally. Thats because you should dunk right after you birth, so pins in water may = rot. So its not necessary. Place them straight into the chamber. NO you dont need a heater if the temps are aroudn 70 - 75. thats perfect for fruiting. Once in the fruiting chamber you want to expose the cakes to some form of light to begin the pinning stages. A couple hours a day is more than enough. Indirect sunlight is also fine, just some form of light will do fine.

OfflineShroomHungry
Stranger
Re: First time fruiting got some q's [Re: Zwieback0]
    #1585756 - 05/28/03 07:04 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

aright sounds good, but what is dunking?

Invisiblejtseaweed
Stranger

Loc: in the middle of everywhe...
    #1585858 - 05/28/03 07:21 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Dunking is where you submerge the cakes completly in water.

--------------------

buisness is kickin yo butt

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
    #1585860 - 05/28/03 07:22 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

dunking: soaking your completely colonized cake in bottled water for 12-24 hours.
fill up a bucket, drop your cakes in there, put a plate on top to hold them down (submerged)
remove after they're done, pat dry and place cakes in your terrarium.
dont have a terrarium?
yes you do:

just replace the plant with your cake and lay down some perlite on that plate.
fan & mist.

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation