Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!
one jar has a small spot of green so im assuming its greem mold. its pretty close to the growing mycelium but it doesnt seem to be spreading. is there any chance that the mycelium will overcome the spot of mold or will it just go to waste?
-------------------- Everything I say is just a figment of my twisted imagination.
I think you're missing something here, there is no "greem" mold, it's just green mold and there are many (safe and deadly) green molds, i.e. Penincilum, Trichoderma etc, check the contamination faq for further research. As for your question goes, anything can happen, you'll just have to wait and see.
i wouldnt even risk it.. I wouldnt want to get sick from that shit man i dont think you would want to either.. Just make another cake and be a little bit more sterile in the future. I have loss some cakes to this myself and shit life goes on..