Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineliquid
Stranger
please help a fool...quick
    #1584824 - 05/28/03 12:00 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Ok, so I took two jars and cased them in a tuperware container. I placed about two inces of wet vermiculite on the bottom. Then, I placed the broken cakes on top. I filled the gaps with bisquick. I heard that bisquick provided more food and would help the mycelium jump the gaps. Here's my big flippin problem. I didn't wet the bisquick first. I put a half an inch of wet vermiculite on top of the substrate but I'm not sure if I'm screwed or not. Don't ask me why I didn't wet the bisquick first because I don't have a good answer. Question is, am i s.o.l. or what? Any suggestions asap would be really great.

Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejakeholman
crotch rocketsrule!

Re: please help a fool...quick [Re: liquid]
    #1584831 - 05/28/03 12:02 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

well why dont you just wait it out to see for yourself. chances are that bisquick (whatever that is) will not be enough of a moisture loss to the substrate. if your verm casing layer is damp, then all should be good. but forget about the bisquick next time-what is it?-because if you want to supply more nutes for bigger flushes etc, then just add some poo-pasteurized aged cow dung next time.
Jake H

--------------------
The above statement is fictitious and for entertainment purposes only. I do not use or condone the use of illegal substances, nor do I use or condone the use of legal substances in an illegal manner.

Offlineliquid
Stranger
Re: please help a fool...quick [Re: jakeholman]
    #1584851 - 05/28/03 12:07 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I know dung works but I'm really against it. I like the taste of shrooms without dung flavoring. But, you think I will be ok, or is there something I could do to salvage my fuck up?

Offlinejakeholman
crotch rocketsrule!

#1584858 - 05/28/03 12:10 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

other than dig it up and spray it like crazy-nothing. and there is ABSOLUTELY NO taste of dung in the resulting mushrooms-they taste like every other cube you've had. plus, aged cow dung does not smell bad until done pasteurizing, but sitting in a pillow case and taking a big whiff of AGED dung smells great is very refreshing-nice fresh dirt after a rain.
Jake H

--------------------
The above statement is fictitious and for entertainment purposes only. I do not use or condone the use of illegal substances, nor do I use or condone the use of legal substances in an illegal manner.

Offlineliquid
Stranger
    #1584875 - 05/28/03 12:14 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I've been spraying the top layer of vermic. as much as I can without it dripping, but I was nervous about rutting through the vermic in attempts to salvage. This casing is my last two jars and the others failed miserably, so that's why I didn't just want to wait it out and see.

Offlinejakeholman
crotch rocketsrule!

#1584882 - 05/28/03 12:16 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

well if you are really nervous-quit sprayin until there are no drops hangin around, then mist lightly to moisten the verm, and you will eventually have fruits im sure.

--------------------

Offlineliquid
Stranger
    #1584907 - 05/28/03 12:20 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Would you recomend putting the casing inside of a terrarium? Currently, it's just sitting in a container under my bed. I read one set of instructions that said I should remove the lid when the mycelium gets to the top and then put it inside my terrarium. Not sure what to do?

Offlinejakeholman
crotch rocketsrule!

#1584911 - 05/28/03 12:21 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

read the faq about casing

--------------------

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
    #1584941 - 05/28/03 12:27 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Bisquick? You mean the baking mix? That's a new one...  :grin:

You'd better start some more jars. My friend predicts massive contamination. 

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

Offlinejakeholman
crotch rocketsrule!

Re: please help a fool...quick [Re: dog]
    #1584971 - 05/28/03 12:33 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

lol-ditto

--------------------

Offlineliquid
Stranger
    #1585024 - 05/28/03 12:46 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

It's been four days and no sign of contaminatin yet. Why bisquick is a new one to a guy with over a thousand posts is a shock. Do you know what is in Bisquick? Oh and jakeholman, you're lol helped a lot. Thanks.

Offlinejakeholman
crotch rocketsrule!

#1585063 - 05/28/03 12:58 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

well thats what we are asking you!!!! what is in bisquick?? and no problem, my pleasure.
Jake H

--------------------

Offlineliquid
Stranger
    #1585069 - 05/28/03 01:03 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

It's mostly wheat with hydronated soy. I've heard of people using both of soy and wheat flour for a substrate mix, so I'm still confused on why you think this is such a terrible idea????

Invisibledog
straw dog

#1585070 - 05/28/03 01:03 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I just completed a search for Bisquick of all posts in all forums and got 7 hits. Four of them were from this thread and the rest were in OTD and were not cultivation related.

So how did you come up with this Bisquick Tek? I'm not trying to pick on you, just curious.

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

Offlineliquid
Stranger
Re: please help a fool...quick [Re: dog]
    #1585072 - 05/28/03 01:05 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

A friend of mine uses bisquick and he swears by it, that's where I originally got it.

Offlineliquid
Stranger
    #1585082 - 05/28/03 01:08 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Read the message titled "a perfect store bought casing" even that guy mentions jiffy mix, same damn thing.

Offlinejakeholman
crotch rocketsrule!

#1585094 - 05/28/03 01:12 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

uhh if your sayin that soy and wheat flour is the same as the jiffy mix-ur wrong. and the reason we think success is unlikely is because a nutritious substrate in those conditions (moist nutritive environment) is likely to contam if you dont sterilize and keep it sterilized-look at grain and pf jars! so good luck! hope all goes well.
Jake H

--------------------

Offlineliquid
Stranger
    #1585104 - 05/28/03 01:14 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

No I wasn't say soy and wheat flour are the same thing. I was just saying that I didn't think soy would hurt anything. That's all. Well, I suppose I better stop chatting and start looking for some clean, empty jars.

Thanks for all the input, looks I screwed up again. Oh well, live and learn.

Invisibledog
straw dog

#1585106 - 05/28/03 01:15 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

A friend of mine uses bisquick and he swears by it, that's where I originally got it.

I see.

Were it sterilized and colonized before casing it might work quite well. Who knows?

But casing a highly nutritious, uncolonized substrate is an open invitation to every contamination that passes by. If you are very clean you might get lucky.

--------------------

Invisibledog
straw dog

#1585120 - 05/28/03 01:22 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Read the message titled "a perfect store bought casing" even that guy mentions jiffy mix, same damn thing. 

Ahh, I think I understand now.  :smile:

You are confusing the Jiffy baking mix with horticulture Jiffy Mix. They are entirely different things. The first is flour etc., used in baking, the second is a peat moss combination used to grow plants.

The Jiffy Mix you want is the second one. 

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates