Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
I think
    #1582932 - 05/27/03 09:36 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

the psychology of family relations would be an utterly fascinating field of study--a true realm of interest.

Shoot me now.

:grin:

--------------------
Namaste.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: I think [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1583813 - 05/28/03 01:50 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I agree - I usually enjoy when people share random family drama with me lol

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
    #1584259 - 05/28/03 07:25 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

definitely... what fascinates me the most is discovering how the different relationships, behaviours and problems in a certain family have affected and formed the personality of the individual im talking to...

--------------------

Offlinelucid
Jack's AlteredConsciousness

Loc: up on the bidet
Re: I think [Re: Strumpling]
    #1584277 - 05/28/03 07:38 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

My family is frickin nuts...totally whacko :wink:
loving but insane. I can tolerate just about anyone but my family. Even knowing that their nuts causes me great grief. I need them to be perfect, so that they could support me in every way (emotionally or otherwise)... selfish bastard that I am :grin:

--------------------
"no-mind un-thinks no-thought..."

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#1584288 - 05/28/03 07:43 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

"the psychology of family relations would be an utterly fascinating field of study--a true realm of interest.
Shoot me now"

.45 ACP coming your way! :grin: Did you mean this OTD or do you genuinely find it interesting? I myself love ape group interactions. It's quite telltale of human behaviors... 

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada
Re: I think [Re: In(di)go]
    #1584296 - 05/28/03 07:47 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

definitely... what fascinates me the most is discovering how the different relationships, behaviours and problems in a certain family have affected and formed the personality of the individual im talking to...

well for what it's worth man, i was taken to a coupla shrinks when i was like 5 or 6 and they BOTH said exactly the same thing: That my "family" was the most singularly dysfunctional(although i don't know if that word was even around back then) they had ever encounterd, the funny thing is that they said I was the healthiest one, which is sorta scary....but then again so is drinking STR8 shots of Jack Daniel's, chasing it with beer and listening to "Take your whiskey home" by Van Halen B4 10 am trying to get in touch with my inner Swami :grin: 

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

Offline11polakie11
PeripheralCustodian

Loc: G-Ville FLA
Re: I think [Re: FreakQlibrium]
    #1584540 - 05/28/03 10:29 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

the study of family relationships and socialization is a sub-field of sociology if your interested in gathering data

--------------------
-i am waiting for my boyfriend/compainion-
_I wish i were Aeon Flux_

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
Re: I think [Re: FreakQlibrium]
    #1585573 - 05/28/03 04:07 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

hahaha.... well, the shrinks were right about one thing... you are really friggin healthy! in both physical and psychological ways...  :grin:

--------------------

OfflineAmnesiac
Re-memberingcosmic wisdom

Loc: Unknown
    #1585653 - 05/28/03 04:32 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

You know, every family I have encountered is absolutely insane. Parents who have children, grandparents, uncles and aunts... they're all complete lunatics. This includes my family and the families of all my friends.

It shows you that our entire concept of "family" needs re-modeling, if you ask me. Families these days are too introverted. Children adapt to, and inherit the quirks of their parents a lot of the time, and the reason is simply that they don't have enough experience with other families. Without this experience, there is a lack of diversity in the characters that you meet throughout your life, esp. your childhood. This promotes ignorance!

Look at our society... most children still live strictly with their parents until their 20's... talk about not stretching your roots at all! If your roots are only spread in one place, your forest of wisdom is only going to grow a few pathetic trees!

I suggest a complete turnaround in modern society's family structure. Children should rotate parents, spending time with one group of adults, then another, then another, learning from each and moving on to learn more.

Of course, our tendency to become attached to the ones we love, including our families, is likely what will make this kind of thing impossible. Therefore we should also learn to love without growing too attached to anyone, including immediate family.

Because the greater truth is that we are all part of a much greater family... a single evolving consciousness... so why should we limit our intellectual intake to the nonsense of our insane blood relatives!?

Parents... stop trying to turn your children into improved versions of yourselves! They are not your little projects! They have their own will, their own agendas! You are smothering them with your so-called love! Stop over-protecting them, stop confining them to your beliefs and opinions, and send them across the world to live with families of different cultures! Or if you can't afford to do that, for god's sake, at least send them to a neighbour's place for a little while! You'll be doing them more good than you'll ever know.

--------------------
Here we are, in these bodies, on this planet in an endless universe. This is not the extent of who we are... merely an extension of who we really are.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies