Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejimbu
jimbu
Male
Loc: nsw, australia
jimbu's 2nd sub hunt
    #1583759 - 05/28/03 01:34 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

after recent rainfall, took another trip to the blue mountains (2 hours west of sydney, australia) today... while one flourishing spot last time was completely bare, i was not dissapointed by others. alot were rotten and oxidised alot from recent rainfall so i had to pick only the best from a huge number of fruits!

heres a few photos of a small number of the fruits of my labour :

1: i found it interesting that i found several different 'types' of sub's. i found several large 8-10cm ones which were too grotty to pic (so no photos of them), however this bunch pictures some of the normal 'knobby' type that i found last time, as well as some small nipple like ones, and some of the wavy capped ones!

2. here are a few small ones in my hand... note the knobby version and the flat nippled version!

3. another less focused picture of the selection in photo number 1... :smile:

several of my mushrooms had white rings around the edges similar to ruskifile's ones as well, tho i couldnt be bothered finding them to photograph! they sure take on alot of different shapes and sizes!

good luck, and happy shrooming!

jimbu.

Edited by jimbu (05/28/03 01:59 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineganesh
stranger still
Loc: cloud seven
Re: jimbu's 2nd sub hunt [Re: jimbu]
    #1584006 - 05/28/03 02:50 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I can't get over the varieties of subs out there - Noone believes me when I tell them that they are all the same mushroom - everyone tells me that this is 'australiana' etc. - they are all so much different!

I think the wavy capped ones always look mean... does anyone find a difference in potency between the different types of subs? - eg. small brown round caps vs. the wavy ones...

InvisibleReverend_Jim_Jones
Stranger
Re: jimbu's 2nd sub hunt [Re: ganesh]
    #1584055 - 05/28/03 03:21 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

the wavy ones do seem to be the heftyest, most potent shrooms, consume with caution - they also seem to play with peoples stomachs a bit more

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: jimbu's 2nd sub hunt [Re: Reverend_Jim_Jones]
    #1584108 - 05/28/03 04:01 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

The ones in those pictures resemble the Eucalypta ive grown, so they could be that.
Ive found that the azure lookalike seem more, potent, but that just could because they are often bigger, and i might 'expect' them to be more potent.

--------------------

Offlinejimbu
jimbu
Male
Re: jimbu's 2nd sub hunt [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #1584285 - 05/28/03 07:42 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

the wavy ones look SO COOL!

it's rather cool how much i've been learning about mushrooms and how exciting the hunt can actually be!

i'm educating my friend along the way. he'll be all like "is this one? it looks similar" and i'll look, and straight away i'll be like "nope, gallerina" or "nah this isnt right" or "stropharia".... identifying sub's seems to get easier and easier......

was SO excited when i found a bunch of the wavy capped ones, my friend was like "are you sure they're the same thing?" because they do look rather different! same with the 'nipple' ones :laugh:

theres nothing like the thrill of a hunt! :tongue:

cheers,
jimbu

Offlineruskifile
droog

Loc: nowhere
Re: jimbu's 2nd sub hunt [Re: jimbu]
    #1586137 - 05/28/03 06:38 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Congrats again jimbu!  :grin:

some very nice chunky-looking specimens you got there.... :wink:

...& yeah the variations between them are insane aren't they lol

--------------------
(zhukov in a previous life....)

2SER FM underground radio

Offlineeleutheromania
Hitch Hiker ofthe Galaxy

Re: jimbu's 2nd sub hunt [Re: ruskifile]
    #1587221 - 05/29/03 01:00 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

What kind of dosage does the average subs call for, for say a lv 2 or 3 trip?
Of course one would'nt be so crazy as to ingest these beautifull specimens, unless one was in a region where it was legal. :smile:

--------------------
I rose up towards the ceiling, rolled over, and looked down on my body, lying there in peaceful repose. I thought to myself, "Damn, too much".

Offlinejimbu
jimbu
Male
Re: jimbu's 2nd sub hunt [Re: eleutheromania]
    #1587376 - 05/29/03 01:56 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

8 to 10 small specimens (or about 1 dried gram) should put you at those levels :smile: remember, subaeruginosa are quite potent (2 to 3 times as potent as cubensis apparently), so dose accordingly!

however, varying potencies mean that it's impossible to be certain how hard you will indeed trip!

my first trip on sub's involved only 4 small to medium sized specimens and shot me straight up into another galaxy (very strong, in 'level' terms, probably level 4), so be careful and be as prepared as possible for the unexpected high level trip.

i ate a similar amount a week later and mildly tripped, perhaps level 1 to 2.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale