Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
American Media Monopoly
    #1583236 - 05/27/03 11:06 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

How do we break it up? Its the only way to save america. Mainstream americans believe what the media tells them. The media is in the governments back pocket and is being owned by less and less people, becoming less and less diverse. The government doesnt want a diverse media cuz its easier to control. How do we break this up?

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
Re: American Media Monopoly [Re: 1stimer]
    #1583256 - 05/27/03 11:15 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

okay heres the plan: everybody get jobs as security officers at the big news corp. then one night, when everybody has gone home....make sure no one is around....blow the building up!

no but for real, stop giving them money, and they will die.

or.....throw your tv out the window, and maybe it will hit and kill rupert murdoch.

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: American Media Monopoly [Re: atomikfunksoldier]
    #1585022 - 05/28/03 12:45 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Join me, and cancel your cable. :laugh:

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: American Media Monopoly [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1585645 - 05/28/03 04:29 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

You dont think that T.V. news will give you the basics of whats going on? I mean, sure, you have to be intelligent enough to pick through the propoganda, but its not like its terribly difficult.

How do you find out what goes on in the world? Or, is it true that ignorance is bliss?

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: American Media Monopoly [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #1585743 - 05/28/03 05:01 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Internet. Radio. Political forums.

I doubt if the shit they brodcast even remotely resembles whats REALLY going on.

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Re: American Media Monopoly [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #1586208 - 05/28/03 07:14 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

yeah. alot of people get their info from the net, but the majority dont. the net isnt totally free of bs either. the problem isnt totally the media either, people, over time, having relied on the mainstream media learned to stop thinking and just take what they are told, which now drives our culture. People cant think because they are too busy worshipping jesus. Its a sin to question authority.

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #1586723 - 05/28/03 10:06 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Now...I'm not saying watch political news...Or whatever...But I just mean...Like, there've been these Earthquakes in Algeria...

CNN is how I found out this happened. I would have read it in the paper, or whatever the next day. But CNN told me like, 5 minutes after it happened. And like, my local news, they just arrested one of our city councilmen for charging his vacation to the city. I wouldnt have known, if not for T.V. So yeah, you hafta use your brain a little bit. But the Cable News is still a good source to get news....Ya know?

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1586894 - 05/28/03 10:53 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

It's an uphill battle because tv tells (stupid) people what's cool and what you should buy. They want someone or something that can tell them what to do. I just try to tell people how they open their mind and question authority, but so far it's not working too well. Plan B = TNT.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

OfflineBetMomIsProud
Journeyman ofMycology
Loc: MI
Re: American Media Monopoly [Re: Murex]
    #1609514 - 06/04/03 10:04 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I agree that TV is evil. I threw mine out about a year ago and I am a living breathing example of how doing so makes you a much better off person. My school GPA went up, I've had time to learn to play the guitar, and I find that I'm much more friendly and open with others. To just go home and draw the curtains then allow someone on the other end of a cable dictate your life is stupid. We only get so many years here in this body, why waste it? Free your minds, let them run where they will. Anything else is not living.

--------------------
Nothing is idiot proof. Just need a real talented idiot.

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Re: American Media Monopoly [Re: BetMomIsProud]
    #1609548 - 06/04/03 10:19 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

i go through stages where i go through very little or no tv watching. then i feel the need to keep in touch with the state of the media mentality and what people are being fed. then i go through stages of watching non-news shows and then i go back to not watching tv for awhile. its a viscious cycle. I find that i am a lot more productive when i dont watch any tv. i find that i become alot more enraged at the government when i watch news shows and i find that i just want a distraction when i watch entertainment shows(not including the news)

--------------------

Edited by 1stimer (06/04/03 10:29 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale