Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMrSleep
P. Cubensis
Just a couple of questions on popcorn
    #1582565 - 05/27/03 09:52 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

My first question is

a.) In Aliens Popcorn Substrate Tek when I'm suppose to strain the popcorn for 24 hours, should I be covering the strainer at all? I'm kind of sketchy when ti comes to this because this just seems like it'd attract even more contams. I understand the reason for soaking is to let the contams germinate so they can be more easily destroyed in the PC-but would this add more that weren't yet germinated? If that makes sense. lol.

and

b.) Are my jars safe enough in a fruiting container with just the lids and the 4 holes of each jar just exposed to plain air...no tyvek/polyfill or anything? Or should I be super-paranoid? I don't know exactly how to act when it comes to contams like this. I dont exactly want to put polyfill in 4 holes of each jar for 24 jars. Ya know?

Suggestions? Answers? Comments? Thanks a lot, I appreciate it.
-Mr.Sleep

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinelemunhed
The hustler'shustler

Loc: Ur moms house
Re: Just a couple of questions on popcorn [Re: MrSleep]
    #1582591 - 05/27/03 10:01 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

You should be super paranoid at all times when growing mushrooms unless you can afford to throw away alot of jars and spore syringes and shit. Go get some tyvek, fold it up over itself and it will take about 3 minutes to cut squares the right size. I don't think it would attract more inert contams, i think your safe, plus if your cooking that shit for an hour anyways, hardly anything survives that... relatively speaking, so you should have a fairly good safety margin.

--------------------
You're pompeius, aren't you? I'll make a pompeian of you unless you hold your toungue!

-Tiberius Claudius Nero

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation