Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineigore
Shroomist
Loc: AZ
FAQ Omission?
    #1582312 - 05/27/03 08:05 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

If brf cakes are left to incubate after they have reached 100% colonization they excrete contam causing waste that invades the mycelium's structure and renders the cake useless? Is this remotely true? If so why was it left out of all the faq sheets?

My friends cakes incubated for eight weeks and when he birthed them they smelled not like contams, but rather like shit and piss. Then he scratched away the dry verm layer and found that the pearly-white outside of the cake had decieved him. On the inside, the mycelium network was intertwined with brown and yellow spots. He continued to scratch hoping that he'd find some pure white mycelium somewhere in the cake but no. The cake was practically a mass of mycelial excrement. He fruited one and the mushrooms smelled like shit and piss too. Is he seeing/smelling contams or just shit and piss ready to become contams? Or is shit and piss considered contamination?

My friends is in a state of confusion.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: FAQ Omission? [Re: igore]
    #1582369 - 05/27/03 08:31 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

it's probaly excretion from the mycelium, the reason it probably isnt in the FAQ is because no one waits 4 more months after 100%....most birth prematurely in early attempts and some are on target or a week or so late....I have a seven month old brownie of a cake that hasnt developed that smell.....it has produced 3 cute little invitros that reached about 10mm long and 3 across the cap.....but I'm insane...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation