Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
few general questions
    #1581642 - 05/27/03 01:48 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

now i know all mushrooms that blue when crushed are not nessaraly active, but do all active mushrooms blue? or is there some that dont? do all cubensis strains blue when crushed? anyways, i found 4 or 5 decent size mushrooms when mowing my lawn today, and i think they are cubes, but they dont blue. Anyways, sporeprint in progress and will post to try for an ID later. THanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLSD25
psycho

Loc: Bulgaria / USA
Re: few general questions [Re: 2Experimental]
    #1581653 - 05/27/03 01:51 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I'm not an expert but - mushrooms that contain psilocybin should always bruise blue.

Edited by LSD25 (05/27/03 01:57 PM)

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
    #1581657 - 05/27/03 01:52 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Do not eat any mushroom until you are 100% sure as to what it is!!!

I just want to make sure you don't die! :smile:

Peace,

RebelSteve

--------------------
Namaste.

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: few general questions [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1581676 - 05/27/03 01:58 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

i wouldent eat them w/o an ID. can anyone confirm this statement?:

"mushrooms that contain psilocybin should always bruise blue"

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Re: few general questions [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1581677 - 05/27/03 01:58 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

cubes dont grow on lawns(well most of the time). its probly a stropharia spp.

now to answer your ? about bluing most active bruise blue. the color change is attributed to the oxidation of the psilocin in the mushroom. so all can blue but it is sometimes hard to see in some of the darker species one that comes to mind is pann subbs they are also weak so it makes it even harder to see. but all cubes should bruise man. post some pics tho and get it id for the hell of it.

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: few general questions [Re: blaze2]
    #1581682 - 05/27/03 02:00 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

no camera to post pics, but thanks for the info blaze, once print is done i will post i will post to try and ID to see if they are edibale

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #1581695 - 05/27/03 02:04 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Damn you're good blaze :smile: Exactly what I would have said. 

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

#1581700 - 05/27/03 02:05 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

alright but if you want a good id without pics make sure you read the sticky thread at the top and give all the info it asks for. if it looked like a cube then im pretty sure it was a stropharia since cubes used to be in that genus. peace

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

#1581704 - 05/27/03 02:06 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

thx gumby that means alot coming from you :smile:

--------------------

Thomas Jefferson

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #1582009 - 05/27/03 04:08 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Not all psilocybine mushrooms stain blue. You can pick many with no bluin evident. liberty caps are a good example of maybe ione in every three or four hundred have bluing in them. Not all cubes willblue either. It depends on how much you handle or damage them after picking them.

One can pick many shrooms of psilocybian nature and not have bluing in many.

The Bluing in Panaeous subblateatus is not from low chemical content but rather fromthe reddish brown coloration of the tem which hides the bluing. In haystacks the bluing is usually at the base of the stem where it is attached to the my7celia and when it separates the cottony mass of mycellium at theat base will stain a heavenly light azure blue.

Some stain a green color. This is because the hygrophanous color change from browish to yellow-straw color and the bluing oxidation occuring from damage create green from the blue and yellow mixture occuring..

I can show many drying shrooms with no bluing in them and ones next to them bluing.

mj

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale