Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: A theory on gayness [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1580801 - 05/27/03 06:08 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

"Gayness a temporary affliction..."

RebelSteve: you're GAY! Nothing temporary about that!

Seriously now, my own theory is this: People are generically bisexual. If there were no taboos alot of us would merrily switch AC/DC without an adapter :grin: but this is not so. Alot of gay people develop reproductive or childrearing ( :smirk: no pun inteded) instincts and either arrange for reproduction or adopt. If the cultural taboo wasn't present a lot of gays (M & F) would adopt kids to meet this biological imperative.

There's 6.000.000.000 people on this earth, of whom 4.000.000.000 are reasonably mature. According to the WHO (not the band) about 5% of people live exclusively gay lifestyles worldwide.
So we're talking about 200.000.000 screaming fags and particularly loud dykes on this planet. Companionize them and slap on two adoptive kids per couple and the human race currently has a 200.000.000 adoptions capacity due to homosexuality.
A genetic trait resulting in 5% parent surplus...
Ain't THAT a biological advantage?

Sure it doesn't work that way. Gays are stereotyped and repressed, adoption is forbidden by law people of such persuasion are forced into a narrowed mindset of expectations. But in countries were gays generally enjoy more freedom there's talk about the Gay Marriage (got that in Holland) and there is also a sharp increase in the desire for Gay adoption.

Rural Africa. Sure they generally do not talk about homosexuality and there is quite some homophobia going on, but what to expect with centuries of Christianizing, slaving and Islamizing going on?
But the general consensus IS that if you don't have kids, you take on some orphans. Alas there are plenty in Africa, just as there were in the Stoneage.

Think about it... If modern times didn't twist things out of proportion like it does, then we're talking 5% surplus parents. If you take a rough guesstimate of stoneage mortality it's likely that all of them actually adopted, since we're talking small tribes, not megacities.
Throw a couple of millennia at it, and you can easily state any one of us has had forefathers who could reproduce because they survived due to gay adoption.

In the stoneage it didn't matter who stuck what where :smirk: but who would take on little Ug and Oi now their parents have become sabretooth-catfood. And who did that? Those two odd-looking loose-wristed handbag-wielding bearhunters :grin:

Back in the iceage at nighttime we all cuddled up to prevent our asses from freezing off. And if some cuddled up a little closer, so what? Good for group cohesion, which is everything in small hunter-gatherer tribes.

In case you're wondering: I'm an Assgoblin myself. :laugh: 

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSole_Worthy
Stranger

Loc: over here
    #1580875 - 05/27/03 07:55 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I don't think that homosexuality is biologically induced, I think it's caused during the socialization process.  I also belive that in males it is due to the relationship with the mother and in females the relationship with the father, or maybe some father/mother type figure.

Some people belive it is a natural preventative against over population. OK so during times of over population many of the offspring with be born homosexual?
Or would it be a post birth thing, as the overpopulation info would have to get to them.  I don't mean someone saying "this place is overcrowded..be gay" it'l be language on a level we aint aware of baby!

when a sheep is born it's mother may die. sometimes another mother will give birth to an already dead lamb.  They easily fool the mother by taking the alive lamb and placing it by the alive mother.  This works 9/10 times.  what if there is something in our society that we are unaware of that is inducing homosexuality into a proportion of the population?

what a rant with no conclusions or owt  :laugh:

--------------------
get it all together get like birds of a feather

Edited by Sole_Worthy (05/27/03 08:06 AM)

Anonymous

Re: A theory on gayness [Re: Sole_Worthy]
    #1580933 - 05/27/03 08:49 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks.

I see a lot of good comments and some not so good ones.  Let's try to address the topic instead of hurling insults.  This isn't directed at you.  It's just a general comment about the thread.

We don't bash homosexuals in this forum and we don't bash heterosexuals either.

Open season on bisexuals though.  :grin:

j/k

Carry on.

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
Re: A theory on gayness [Re: infidelGOD]
    #1581105 - 05/27/03 10:25 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I guess I was trying to say that a male who used to be gay in his adolescent years would be much better at understanding and getting along emotionally with a woman. It's just a theory, though. Many girls do seem to like gay guys.

--------------------
Namaste.

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Re: A theory on gayness [Re: ]
    #1581123 - 05/27/03 10:35 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Believe me, I am not ignorant about homosexuals. I am one myself. I was simply proposing a theory based on the fact that homosexuality might be temporary in some people. Maybe I am gay now, but by the time I'm thirty I will have developed a sexual attraction for members of the opposite sex.

--------------------
Namaste.

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Re: A theory on gayness [Re: atomikfunksoldier]
    #1581126 - 05/27/03 10:36 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

straight in the future? are you a christian fundamentalist?

No... I'm just saying, WHAT IF homosexuality might be temporary (in some people.)

--------------------
Namaste.

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Re: A theory on gayness [Re: Sclorch]
    #1581128 - 05/27/03 10:38 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Wow... "gayness" eh?
Made up words, "rebel" in your sn, homosexual men aren't "REAL" men....

Are you from Alabama or Mississippi?
Trailer or shack?

I hate political correctness more than most, but your ignorance, lack of compassion, and self-centered take on homosexuality is disturbing.
I wish I were gay so I could take this personally, track you down, and smack the dipshit out of you.

Are you replying to me???  :confused:

--------------------
Namaste.

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #1581254 - 05/27/03 11:28 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I see homosexuality as a way nature has to control birth.
It looks like we are getting more and more genetically "counter produced" by nature, why ? We're too many! More and more suicides, anorexic teens, depressive behavior, bipolar disorders, etc. are related not only to social factors but also to genetical dispositions.
I'm not saying homosexuality is some kind of illness, i'm saying that's one more mechanism to make us less, although i find homosexuality a very strict example of its kind, it's only a behavior like all the rest.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

Loc: Canada
Re: A theory on gayness [Re: MAIA]
    #1581282 - 05/27/03 11:34 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I feel that people who get emotionally defensive when discussing such matters as homosexuality, should not talk about these matters when the only facts available are mere opinions directed at both sides. It is pointless discussion, and benefits no one.

That is how I feel.

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
Re: A theory on gayness [Re: nubious]
    #1581527 - 05/27/03 01:05 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

"I see homosexuality as a way nature has to control birth."

then why did homosexuals exist within small native tribes? where reproduction was critical?

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

#1581636 - 05/27/03 01:44 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

In small tribes, it is best for only a few of the healthiest, most capable couples to reproduce and raise their children.  This way, there is the least possible strain on the tribe, as all the members can help care for and support just a small number of children.

In canine societies, it has been documented that only one female in the pack is allowed to rear pups, for this same reason.  If another bitch in the pack becomes pregnant, her pups will actually be killed by the Alpha female. 

So what I'm getting at, is that perhaps gayness (or homosexuality :tongue:) existed in tribes as a way for the males who could/should not have a female mate to express their sexuality elsewhere.  It is only natural for us to be sexual, and if we are in a situation that does not allow us to be sexual with a member of the opposite sex, we have to find a way to be sexual somehow. 

Look at jails, for instance.

Anyway... I hope something I said made sense.  I have to lay off on the herb.  :smile:

-RebelSteve

--------------------
Namaste.

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
    #1581661 - 05/27/03 01:54 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

My theory:

1) There wouldn't be gay people, or all of these sexually trans. diseases if prostitution was legal !!!!!

2) As human evolve, male become more "sensitive" to there world. Maybe its more of an imagination, makes the newer generations of males look gay. Then there parents start calling them gay, maybe they try "anus" and like it, then they think there gay. Personally i don't think that being gay is genetics, that there born gay, no. I think that there parents see them as "more femenine" and stigmatize sex soo much that they see something in other males. I think that society makes guys gay, verses anything thats natural. Now im not hatefull of anything to gayguys i used to have gay friends. I just think that the subject of gay is very misunderstood!

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Re: A theory on gayness [Re: johnnyfive]
    #1581668 - 05/27/03 01:56 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

very interesting! :laugh:

--------------------
Namaste.

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
    #1581680 - 05/27/03 02:00 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

J5:

1) There wouldn't be gay people, or all of these sexually trans. diseases if prostitution was legal !!!!!

i dont quite follow your logic.

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
    #1582075 - 05/27/03 04:25 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

That's because J5 is assuming gay men are only gay because they can't find a woman who would make it with him. He's entirely wrong, as I'm a gay man who has far lost count of how many women I've had sex with.
I enjoy having had sexual experiences with women, I particularly enjoyed the hippy girls I'd meet at festivals and the Asian foreign exchange students in college, but find the kinship of tender hearted men who share a mutual eroticism with another satisfying to my deepest longings (which I could have never imagined, yet continually discover).

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#1582309 - 05/27/03 06:05 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I can see why you USED TO HAVE gay friends :grin:

"There wouldn't be gay people or STDs if prostitution was legal. ":confused:
Clearly the issue of homosexuality is misunderstood, you're right on that!

No offence intended, but lemme try to find the logic...

If 50 guys deposit @ one bank there wouldn't be STDs
er... there wouldn't be alcoholics if booze were given away for free.

If you can pay for sex you loose your preference :shocked:
er.. If you can pay for baloney you wouldn't want a five course dinner.

:confused: :confused: :confused: 

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineShroomMind
Re: A theory on gayness [Re: Asante]
    #1582599 - 05/27/03 08:03 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Being gay is NOT a way to control the population. In today's world , you can have babies without sex. Things have changed. I believe gayness to be an attraction towards hormones, and the issue is strictly one of "hormones and pheromones". A lot of romans were gay , at least they had homosexual intercourse, and "knocked up" the opposite sex, to continue the propagation of Pax Romana. If mankind were on the brink of destruction , I'm sure a few gay people wouldnt would having sex with their respective opposites, if it would ensure survival. Sexuality is all about a personal preference. Do animals make love or do they FUCK ? Anytime you see a gay couple , I guarantee their is a "male" and a "female" in the relationship. Who cares is the male has a penis or not ? Its all about the underlying hormones in my eyes.....

BTW , I am a male , and not gay , and I knock up my gf pretty rough each night, in case you thought I was gay (not that I give a flying fuck about what YOU think :smile: )   

Anonymous

Re: A theory on gayness [Re: ShroomMind]
    #1582886 - 05/27/03 09:26 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I was always attracted to girls and I never really thought about my sexuality until I tripped on robitussin and then ever since then I've always pondered whether I was gay or not. Then something even weirder happened. My brain got pretty messed up from using too much robitussin and I suffered some psychotic symptoms for a year or so. I think it messed up my hormones really bad too. I always had a big attraction to women but it slowly went away. For a while I really felt like I was heading towards the gay side. I had lots of voices in my head and I would always argue with them about being gay. I finally gave in and just assumed I was gay and the voices stopped tormenting me about it. After being on various medicines to treat my depression and psychosis and other stuff, I've reached this level where I lost the ability to get erections and neither gender arouses me.

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
Re: A theory on gayness [Re: Asante]
    #1582945 - 05/27/03 09:41 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Look i don't believe in any of that hatefull, or genocide shit, i didn't treatt him bad or anything, it was just wierd, he says bye by a hug :crazy:.

No, he never hugged me, he was hugging on my brother, i laugh about that shit! :grin:

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
    #1583222 - 05/27/03 10:58 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Its funny how people made it seem like RS was a homophobe, but in reality he is homosexual himself.

Wow....thats the likely responses from people who are questioning their own stance subconsciously on homosexuality....yet they refuse to admit they arent prejudice on the subject.

Just athought

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder