Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleOnePerEyeM8
Rhythmysticist
 User Gallery

Loc: Westeros
Do you guys like getting caught in loops or hate it?
    #15791501 - 02/11/12 06:18 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

All my friends hate getting caught in loops while tripping (time loops, thought loops, situational loops, whatever you happen to call them).

I on the other hand greatly enjoy them. It reminds me of masterfully engineered synchronicity scaled down to a level where I can (almost) comprehend it and I think that's really cool.

What about you?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheJollyRancher
Stranger

Re: Do you guys like getting caught in loops or hate it? [Re: OnePerEyeM8]
    #15791508 - 02/11/12 06:23 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I can enjoy loops a lil depending on the situation.. I'd say weed added to shrooms/cid/mesc/ causes a greater instance of thought loops than the psych alone.

--------------------

Offlinelifeinallday
OVA<

Loc: fucked in time
    #15791509 - 02/11/12 06:23 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I wouldn't per say I enjoy them, though getting out of a thought loop that is so deep you feel like you'll never be released is pretty humbling

--------------------
"In a revolving universe those who stand still move backward"- I forget

OfflineKing Klick
That Guy Everyone Knows
Male User Gallery

Re: Do you guys like getting caught in loops or hate it? [Re: lifeinallday]
    #15791564 - 02/11/12 07:00 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Describe some loops?

--------------------
Your god is dead, and I killed him.

When you’re lost, here I am. Forever with your soul

Offlinelifeinallday
OVA<

Loc: fucked in time
Re: Do you guys like getting caught in loops or hate it? [Re: King Klick]
    #15791584 - 02/11/12 07:09 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

King Klick said:
Describe some loops?

this is not really possible

--------------------
"In a revolving universe those who stand still move backward"- I forget

OfflineUnifiedField
Pure Abstract Potentiality
 User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
Re: Do you guys like getting caught in loops or hate it? [Re: lifeinallday] * 1
    #15791591 - 02/11/12 07:13 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Escaping the loop is futile.. Accepting it, and merging with it, is beautiful :tongue2:

--------------------
“You have to take seriously the notion that understanding the universe is your responsibility, because the only understanding of the universe that will be useful to you is your own understanding.”  - Terence Mckenna

Offlinehealing
Strangest
Female

Loc: the universe, the milky w...
Re: Do you guys like getting caught in loops or hate it? [Re: King Klick]
    #15796340 - 02/12/12 06:14 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

King Klick said:
Describe some loops?

My last one:

1. Two naked hot chicks are pressing their breasts against each others. One word, cute. "All the little pretty things!" kittens and puppies playing together.

2. The bearded face of a man with a beautiful voice. "Thoroughfare." said with just the right inflection.

3. My mental image of myself drenched in blood. Bliss. No words in this one.

4. Repeat steps one through four five times a minute for a few hours.

--------------------
Open mind, open heart, open book.

InvisibleOnePerEyeM8
Rhythmysticist
 User Gallery

Re: Do you guys like getting caught in loops or hate it? [Re: healing]
    #15796349 - 02/12/12 06:18 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Bahaha.

And they said it couldn't be done! :lol:

Shit, I forgot I started this thread.

I'm definitely making it a goal next time I trip to actually remember one of my loops.

InvisibleBill_Oreilly
ANIMALS (the RAINBOW SERPENT)

Loc: Boston
    #15796586 - 02/12/12 08:19 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I love it, it means you are at a point in time where you are feeling immediate experience, and going balls deep trying to understand what it is to just be.

We are the time loop.

EDIT: i ate 1.7 grams a couple hours ago, so i think i have a vivid perception of the loop :wink:

--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.

It's just a shot away..

Edited by Bill_Oreilly (02/12/12 08:23 AM)

InvisibleOnePerEyeM8
Rhythmysticist
 User Gallery

Re: Do you guys like getting caught in loops or hate it? [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #15796616 - 02/12/12 08:31 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

TheMushroomJesus said:
it means you are at a point in time where you are feeling immediate experience

Very concisely said. I like it. :thumbup:

Enjoy your trip man. Don't dwell on conspiracy theories too much, we're only alive for a moment. :peace:

OfflineCynosure
allow me to be your guide.
 User Gallery

#15796663 - 02/12/12 08:46 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I've been stuck within a couple of loops. 

The most intense was my first time on acid (2 tabs, then 1.5 tabs a couple hours later).  It was a nested thought loop within a situational loop.  It started as my group of friends and I were sitting inside.  We would have the idea to wonder outside and smoke a cigarette.  We would get up and do so, then take turns saying something about the hallucinations (thinking they were real) while the others would remind the one speaking that they were on acid.  This is where the thought loop happened as I assumed at this point that my friends were playing some intricate mind-games with me.  Like they were deceiving me.  Every 10 seconds someone would repeat "you're on acid" which would start my thought loop of them playing games on me over.  It was as if the phrase "you're on acid" was a condition to reiterate the loop.  We would migrate back inside (after not even having finished half our cigarettes), get our shoes/belongings/ipods together, and walk down the road into town to buy something.  We would eventually get tired and come back, sit down on the couch for about 5 seconds, smoke a bowl, and go out for a cigarette reiterating the loop.
We ended up going to this one shop about 20 times that evening and walked into town probably about 15 times within an hour.

Time loops are my favourite.  I've been caught in their nets many times but have never attempted escape.  The sands of time are not affected by gravity in these loops and soon cease to exist at all.  I will save you the explanation/detail as it would probably be a few pages of text.

--------------------
"You can peel it [language] off the ceiling and make it dance in front of you" - McKenna

<3 .

Edited by Cynosure (02/12/12 08:51 AM)

Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

#15796749 - 02/12/12 09:15 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

My loops are always opposing ideas that contradict each other in an eternal struggle.  This takes the form of a ying-yang type of peak where armies fight for a resource and that resource is traded back and forth over periodic wars.  Life struggles to keep death at bay, black guys fuck white blonde girls, heroes turn into villains, seconds tick into forever, apathy into empathy and so on.  I see scenes, visions, and fragmented abstract ideas that bring the cosmic drama to life and its total and complete fucking madness.  I don't like being there.  Give me God Mode any day over that screwball loop.

I've gotten out of the loop when I the idea of Peace becomes real to me.  Peace, man.  That's a deep concept and when I feel it during a trip I understand those hippies from the 60s.

--------------------
Don't PM me with bullshit.  I don't sell or trade cactus and I don't know where you can get any, other than your mother's ass.

OfflineAssault
Stranger
    #15796808 - 02/12/12 09:38 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Ahh, I remember the first time we tripped we were sitting on my back patio and it was one of those amazing days out clouds as white as could be, and  a stunning blue sky, woke up that day and decided out of impulse to do an unknown amount of 50% wet shrooms.

Anyway we were tripping and I have never been so talkative in my life, yet never so silent and at peace. I remember realizing that our entire conversations kept going in a loop, (circles as we called them) we had 6-7 topics we kept talking about, and kept going through those same topics the entire trip, saying similar things each conversation.

This has happened every shroom trip, but now I have started to realize it going on in my mind with different topics I am thinking about. I find it absolutely fascinating.

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Re: Do you guys like getting caught in loops or hate it? [Re: Assault]
    #15797255 - 02/12/12 12:04 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I hate it, naturally it occurs pretty often if you trip a lot, but it's never something I look forward too. It isn't the worst thing unless the thought loop is completely negative. What are you gonna do though :tongue:

InvisibleInfinitys Minute
a universe inside each moment
I'm a teapot

Loc: Zion
x [Re: psilocybinjunkie]
    #15798034 - 02/12/12 02:39 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

x

--------------------
All my posts are completely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only, images I use, post or reference on this account are sourced from the internet and are not my own.

Edited by Infinitys Minute (10/04/16 02:10 AM)

OfflineLSDXM
What Doth Life?
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The 518
Re: Do you guys like getting caught in loops or hate it? [Re: joemolloy]
    #15798715 - 02/12/12 04:37 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

joemolloy said:
My loops are always opposing ideas that contradict each other in an eternal struggle.  This takes the form of a ying-yang type of peak where armies fight for a resource and that resource is traded back and forth over periodic wars.  Life struggles to keep death at bay, black guys fuck white blonde girls, heroes turn into villains, seconds tick into forever, apathy into empathy and so on.  I see scenes, visions, and fragmented abstract ideas that bring the cosmic drama to life and its total and complete fucking madness.  I don't like being there.  Give me God Mode any day over that screwball loop.

I've gotten out of the loop when I the idea of Peace becomes real to me.  Peace, man.  That's a deep concept and when I feel it during a trip I understand those hippies from the 60s.

This is exactly why every time I trip (specifically on mushrooms or acid) I listen to "We Can Be Together" by Jefferson Airplane and "We Can Work It Out" by The Beatles.

--------------------

The number of times I edit my post is directly related to the number of times I've hit the bong :bonghit2:

Edited by LSDXM (02/12/12 04:38 PM)

OfflineApostle
Philanthropist
 User Gallery

Loc: FL Flag
    #15798766 - 02/12/12 04:47 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I wouldnt say i hate it. A part of me freaks out for about a milisecond when i realize im on like my fourth consecutive dejavu. Once i realze whats happening tho i usually enjoy the hell out of it.

OfflinePsychoKinesiS
Alien Resources Manager
Re: Do you guys like getting caught in loops or hate it? [Re: LSDXM]
    #15798772 - 02/12/12 04:48 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I hate it when I waste half of my trip trying to make a decision about what to do.

--------------------

OfflineLSDXM
What Doth Life?
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The 518
Re: Do you guys like getting caught in loops or hate it? [Re: PsychoKinesiS]
    #15798791 - 02/12/12 04:51 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

PsychoKinesiS said:
I hate it when I waste half of my trip trying to make a decision about what to do.

Easiest answer = lay down and trip nads.

--------------------

The number of times I edit my post is directly related to the number of times I've hit the bong :bonghit2:

OfflineApostle
Philanthropist
 User Gallery

Loc: FL Flag
    #15798793 - 02/12/12 04:52 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

haha, i love it when im with friends. It goes like this ;

*try and do something; cant.  freinds laugh
*next friend tries to do the same thing, can't. you all laugh.

*other friends says"ok theres no way it can be that hard guys". tries to do it; can't. we all start laughing our asses off.

tripping + tasks that require any sort of linear thinking= :durrhurr:

InvisibleSalomon
ಠ︵ಠ balance ಠ_ಠ weaver ಠ‿ಠ
Male
Loc: America, FUCK YEAH Flag
Re: Do you guys like getting caught in loops or hate it? [Re: Apostle]
    #15798908 - 02/12/12 05:12 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i'm not a fan of loops.

because when you have no sense of time, a minute becomes a year.

and being trapped in a loop for "years" gets fucking strenious.

re-live every memory i have, create a picture of my life as i know it from those memory, start to remember dreams, dreams blend with memories, i loose my sense of identity completely, can't properly explain things, loose ability to interpret code, everything becomes part of the same confusion, try to remember what is happening but can't form a clear concept, try to calm myself down and retrace the events of the past few hours, realize that I'm on drugs, relax slightly and re-live every memory i have, create a picture of my life as i know it from those memorys, start to remember dreams, dreams blend with memories, i loose my sense of identy completly, can't properly explain things, loose ability to interpret code, everything becomes part of the same confusion, try to remember what is happening but can't form a clear concept, try to calm myself down and retrace the events of the past few hours, realize that i'm on drugs, relax slightly and re-live every memory i have, create a picture of my life as i know it from those memorys, start to remember dreams, dreams blend with memories, i loose my sense of identy completly, can't properly explain things, loose ability to interpret code, everything becomes part of the same confusion, try to remember what is happening but can't form a clear concept, try to calm myself down and retrace the events of the past few hours, realize that i'm on drugs, relax slightly and re-live every memory i have, create a picture of my life as i know it from those memorys, start to remember dreams, dreams blend with memories, i loose my sense of identy completly, can't properly explain things, loose ability to interpret code, everything becomes part of the same confusion, try to remember what is happening but can't form a clear concept, try to calm myself down and retrace the events of the past few hours, realize that i'm on drugs, relax slightly and........

i mean that's just an example, but it gets frustrating when you realize what is happening, that you're a broken record.

--------------------
EVERYTHING EVENTUALLY BECOMES A DESERT

Invisibleholemoleh
TRUTHseeker
Re: Do you guys like getting caught in loops or hate it? [Re: Apostle]
    #15798918 - 02/12/12 05:14 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I HATE LOOPS:mad2:

--------------------

Concerned Citizens Attention:! View this thread about the USA that was CENSORED and just got my account deleted and viruses on my computer ! I AM THE SCARECROW !http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/15788890 You Are A Domestic Terrorist.

Do not be controlled by fear.  OVERGROW ! TAKE ACTION Live in Love and Righteousness .

OfflinePsychoKinesiS
Alien Resources Manager
Re: Do you guys like getting caught in loops or hate it? [Re: Salomon]
    #15798935 - 02/12/12 05:16 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I've never experienced this time slowing down thing. I only experience it speeding up. Like every time I look at the clock another hour has gone by and I'm wondering where the hell it went. It's like you think slower, or your IQ drops. Maybe people who think time slowed down aren't watching their clock right and they actually spent a lot of time doing something.

--------------------

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Re: Do you guys like getting caught in loops or hate it? [Re: Salomon]
    #15798984 - 02/12/12 05:25 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Salomon said:
i'm not a fan of loops.

because when you have no sense of time, a minute becomes a year.

and being trapped in a loop for "years" gets fucking strenious.

That is an excellent point and I agree it seems like ages :zomgwtf:

Invisiblelar20
Strange guy in a park
Male User Gallery

Loc: massachusetts
    #15798988 - 02/12/12 05:26 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i wouldnt say i like it but i dont hate it. it kind of adds to the experience in ways but it can be annoying

--------------------

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
    #15799206 - 02/12/12 06:08 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I've enjoyed all the loops I've been in, they were actually quite pleasant. It's weird, because you notice that you're in a loop, but seemingly powerless to do anything about it. It's like, even noticing that you're in a loop is part of the loop itself. Like:

"Man, my teeth feel strange, I wonder if there's anything wrong with them? Of course not, why would there be. These sheets look pretty cool. Oh man, didn't I just think that? Man, my teeth feel strange. I wonder if there's anything wrong with them? Of course not, why would there be. These sheets look pretty cool. Oh man, didn't I just think that? Man, my teeth feel strange. I wonder if there's anything wrong with them. Of course not, why would there be. These sheets look pretty cool. Oh man, didn't I just think that?"

That's a somewhat poor example, but you get the idea.

OfflineYellaFingiz
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #15801231 - 02/13/12 12:47 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

The loop i experience is really hard to explain.  impending doom ties into it quite a bit.  A lot of the time theres nothing really particular at all that makes me realize im in a loop at all, i just know it.  But it always comes down to higher power sort of stuff, really strong feelings im doing something wrong.  The loops are unbearable strong...sub conscious guilt loop?

Offlinegoldfish
Stranger
 User Gallery

#15801782 - 02/13/12 06:02 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

The only awful loop I remember was when I lost track of time and took a shower while peaking on mushies, I kept picking up the soap and putting it down, I couldn't decide what to do..

I read somewhere that we have some of the same thoughts every day, repeated for weeks, such as, "Oh, I should fix the sink" or "I wonder if I'd look better with a beard"
I think thought loops are a reflection of that fact, that we're creatures of habit.

Has anyone ever tried looping on purpose?
I just tripped last weekend and when I noticed myself thinking the same thought about the movie I was watching, I switched to a mantra.
hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare etc.
It was kinda cool, it felt like my mind latched onto it easily and was happily spinning like a top and I was free to go somewhere else or whatever.
course, I was tripping balls.

Edited by goldfish (02/13/12 04:30 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom