Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

Nick Diaz tests positive for marijuana at UFC 143
    #15786702 - 02/10/12 01:08 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Nick Diaz tests positive for marijuana at UFC 143
February 9, 2012 - theglobeandmail.com

Nick Diaz's failed bid for the UFC interim welterweight title has been punctuated by a positive test for marijuana.

The Nevada State Athletic Commission said Thursday that the California fighter tested positive for marijuana metabolites at UFC 143. Diaz lost a five-round decision to Carlos (Natural Born Killer) Condit for the interim 170-pound crown last Saturday in Las Vegas.

The Nevada commission says it has filed a complaint for disciplinary action against Diaz. The fighter can then file a response before the commission decides on its sanction.

In 2007, he was suspended for six months and fined US$3,000 (20 per cent of his purse) after testing positive for marijuana at a Pride show in Las Vegas. His win over Takanori Gomi in an all-action brawl was downgraded to a no contest.

This failed drug test may derail plans, at least in the near future, of a Condit-Diaz rematch. Diaz was unhappy at the decision, arguing he had pushed the pace while Condit backpeddled.

Diaz, a talented fighter who has always marched to his own drum, has made no secret of his marijuana use in the past.

In 2009, he told the Los Angeles Times: “I'm more consistent about everything being a cannabis user.”

“I'm happy to get loaded, hear some good music . . . I remain consistent. And I have an easy way to deal with (the drug tests). I can pass a drug test in eight days with herbal cleansers. I drink 10 pounds of water and sweat out 10 pounds of water every day. I'll be fine.”

Marijuana eases problems such as attention deficit disorder he has faced since childhood, he told the newspaper.

The Nevada commission routinely tests for steroids, stimulants and what it calls “drugs of abuse.”

Abuse of alcohol and marijuana can affect the way a fighter handles himself in the ring, the commission argues. So-called social drugs can dull reflexes, reduce skill level and set the scene for a possible mismatch in which a fighter can get hurt.

Diaz, a former Strikeforce and WEC champion, has made his share of headlines outside the cage in recent months.

Due to face Canadian Georges St-Pierre for the welterweight title last October, he was pulled from the fight after failing to show up for media events in Toronto and Las Vegas.

There was speculation he might be dumped from the organization altogether but UFC president Dana White relented and matched him against B.J. Penn instead.

Diaz dominated the former lightweight and welterweight champion and talked his way into another matchup with St-Pierre by disrespecting the Canadian in the cage after having his hand raised against Penn.

A knee injury to St-Pierre derailed that fight and Diaz took on Condit for the interim crown.

An earlier stint in the UFC ended when Diaz refused to play by the rules, according to White, who cited a post-bout altercation with another fighter in a hospital.

Seventeen other fighters on the UFC 143 card were tested. The commission says “all results received thus far have been negative, except Mr. Diaz.”

Diaz's purse for the Condit fight was listed at $200,000.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Nick Diaz tests positive for marijuana at UFC 143 [Re: veggie]
    #15787248 - 02/10/12 04:50 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

he just doesn't want to fight gp he did this on purpose.  He has all this hype behind him and it is well deserved but if he fights gp and loses badly thats going to hurt his ego to much for him.  One of the biggest fights of his life and he ruins it twice as im guessing this ruins any chance of a rematch with conduit before gp fights him.

--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

Invisibleem_bre_O
shroomery'sEmbryoticAsshole
 User Gallery

Loc: In the stages of develope...
Re: Nick Diaz tests positive for marijuana at UFC 143 [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #15787492 - 02/10/12 07:28 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

makaveli8x8 said:
he just doesn't want to fight gp he did this on purpose.  He has all this hype behind him and it is well deserved but if he fights gp and loses badly thats going to hurt his ego to much for him.  One of the biggest fights of his life and he ruins it twice as im guessing this ruins any chance of a rematch with conduit before gp fights him.

u just tested possitive for dizziness......they want to fight each other without a doubt

OfflineRexter
Tripper

Loc: Florida Flag
Re: Nick Diaz tests positive for marijuana at UFC 143 [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #15787495 - 02/10/12 07:29 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
new trade list 
my own WCA V: I

"Ha! Marshall you're so funny man You should be a comedian, god damn!" Unfortunately I am I just hide behind the tears of a clown"

Meteloides said:
Stick to naturally occurring substances! Like Shrooms! And DMT! And Datura! And Amanita Phalloides! And Nutmeg! And Hemlock!
That'll expand the shit out of your DNA.
:ancientaliens:

Invisibledigitalemu
Digital Emu

Re: Nick Diaz tests positive for marijuana at UFC 143 [Re: Rexter]
    #15787611 - 02/10/12 08:20 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Abuse of alcohol and marijuana can affect the way a fighter handles himself in the ring, the commission argues. So-called social drugs can dull reflexes, reduce skill level and set the scene for a possible mismatch in which a fighter can get hurt.

Ok, you should not drink alcohol before a match or smoke weed before a match, but so what if the guy has a few beers or smokes a bit of weed a few says before a match.

InvisibleDebuteMachine

Re: Nick Diaz tests positive for marijuana at UFC 143 [Re: digitalemu]
    #15787739 - 02/10/12 09:04 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Doesn't matter who you are, going into a UFC fight means things are going to get dirty. One man even died recently, which was unfortunate.

So what if he wants to smoke weed. It could help him or hurt him, who knows! I sure as hell believe the world has no fucking clue!

InvisibleBeefy1
GONE

Loc: around
Re: Nick Diaz tests positive for marijuana at UFC 143 [Re: DebuteMachine]
    #15787975 - 02/10/12 10:21 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I don't get why they give a shit about marijuana.  It's not a performance enhancer in any way for a UFC fight or most other sports.

Invisibledigitalemu
Digital Emu

Re: Nick Diaz tests positive for marijuana at UFC 143 [Re: Beefy1]
    #15788298 - 02/10/12 11:58 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Beefy1 said:
I don't get why they give a shit about marijuana.  It's not a performance enhancer in any way for a UFC fight or most other sports.

Exactly.  There are even some non prescription cold medications and allergy medications that can dull reflexes and reduce your skill level, but you don't see them testing for that.  There are even asthma medications and inhalers which can have an impact on such things.  The fact that Cannabis is illegal should not be just reasoning for such testing.

OfflineMZA
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL
Re: Nick Diaz tests positive for marijuana at UFC 143 [Re: digitalemu]
    #15788338 - 02/10/12 01:03 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I know their cousin and he says that both brothers smoke weed regularly during training and cleanse before fights and have for years, even before getting into the UFC. Saying that he did this to throw the fight is stupid, there's always the chance that cleansing won't work 100%. If I remember correctly he also said that one of the brothers got suspended before for testing negative and they claimed it was because marijuana would "dull the pain" during the fight, giving him an unfair advantage, which is bullshit.

--------------------
My high's takin' signs and the shit's about to kick
I'm gaspin' for air, my vision disappears,
I'm blinkin' and I'm thinkin'--Yeah!

Waiting for the sun on a Spanish caravan
Solar eclipse and I feel like starin' man
Who's that man in the windowpane
Got somethin' on his tongue and it's startin' to stain

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
Re: Nick Diaz tests positive for marijuana at UFC 143 [Re: MZA] * 1
    #15788861 - 02/10/12 03:30 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I could see marijuana being a performance enhancer for these extremely lean athletic guys.  Gets the heart pumping and can be mad stimulating if it's a sativa strain.

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Invisibleflameclown
totality is amust
 User Gallery

Re: Nick Diaz tests positive for marijuana at UFC 143 *DELETED* [Re: SpecialEd]
    #15789557 - 02/10/12 05:59 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by flameclown

Reason for deletion: [this post is damn old]

InvisiblePeterPanda209
Who has BitCoins?
Male User Gallery

Loc: •FrEsH CoAsT Flag
Re: Nick Diaz tests positive for marijuana at UFC 143 [Re: flameclown]
    #15789589 - 02/10/12 06:05 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

That dudes right from my neck of the woods... Him and his brother both blaze all day don't they?

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Nick Diaz tests positive for marijuana at UFC 143 [Re: MZA]
    #15789887 - 02/10/12 07:29 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MZA said:
I know their cousin and he says that both brothers smoke weed regularly during training and cleanse before fights and have for years, even before getting into the UFC. Saying that he did this to throw the fight is stupid, there's always the chance that cleansing won't work 100%. If I remember correctly he also said that one of the brothers got suspended before for testing negative and they claimed it was because marijuana would "dull the pain" during the fight, giving him an unfair advantage, which is bullshit.

he dodged the fight once by not showing up to the news conferences ect...blatantly dodging the fight, then he retires or fakes it, then tests positive to ensure it can't happen. 

Like joe rogan pointed out nick is a smart person based on how he trains ect ect, a smart person wouldn't chance something like this.  If he does this on a regular basis he should have it figuered out by now, but obviously you would be extra careful before a big fight like this, again pointing to it being on purpose.  All facts/information point to him dodging the fight, plain and simple.

--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds