Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSole_Worthy
Stranger

Loc: over here
Confusion - Clarity
    #1574081 - 05/24/03 03:47 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Hey,

I have been trying out a little meditation recently and in my last session I felt like i reached a peaceful state of mind. While at the peak of this state of mind I began thinking and noticed how clear my thoughts were. I was using words in my thoughts that Id never usually use to describe something. I also felt rather wise and could understand things with more clarity.

I came to feel as though there is a part of the mind that is used in dealing with emotions and other such stuff that causes confusion and a cloud over our conscious mind. I could see how it even effects me learning guitar, and how I could learn a lot faster without this confusion, a confusion i didn't even recognize existed before this. 

The way I was thinking was similar to mushrooms, that sort of wise think, i you get me :smile:

I thought that if this part of the mind can be understood and emotions etc dealt with properly then it can be put to much better use. If you wanna talk in terms of intelligence, then we could be super intelligent and also have an excellent memory recall.

As I began to think more, the clarity was disappearing. Is there anyway to keep that state of mind through my waking day and be able to think in that same way?

I don't see myself as a very smart person, infact I have trouble getting my noggin round some of these threads sometimes, but in these moments of clarity I understand so much.  Sometimes when im stoned I feel the same, I can read the posts here and understand exactly whats being said, even finding faults in theories that would normally confuse me.  I suppose it's frustrating sometimes being a little wiser and sometimes being a little stupid :confused:

you know, we are all so amazing, and there is so much potential in us all to shine so brightly...

Peace out maaan! :tongue: 

--------------------
get it all together get like birds of a feather

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Confusion - Clarity [Re: Sole_Worthy]
    #1574136 - 05/24/03 05:56 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

As I began to think more, the clarity was disappearing. Is there anyway to keep that state of mind through my waking day and be able to think in that same way?

Keep doing what you are doing and let go of thinking.

There is also 'walking meditation' where you bring 'sitting meditation' into your everyday tasks and chores.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Invisibletak_old
Endo Smoke

Loc: State of confusion
Re: Confusion - Clarity [Re: Seuss]
    #1574361 - 05/24/03 10:28 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

The more familliar you become with it, the easier it will get.

Invisiblesunyata
nonexistentexistentialist
Re: Confusion - Clarity [Re: tak_old]
    #1575472 - 05/24/03 11:07 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Yes. I believe you will find this state of mind becomes more and more prominent as you continue to practice meditation in the future. I am curious; you said you have been "trying a little meditation recently" -- how long ago did you start meditating? What kind of meditation are you doing? Anyway, keep doing it.

Quote:

I came to feel as though there is a part of the mind that is used in dealing with emotions and other such stuff that causes confusion and a cloud over our conscious mind. I could see how it even effects me learning guitar, and how I could learn a lot faster without this confusion, a confusion i didn't even recognize existed before this.

The way I was thinking was similar to mushrooms, that sort of wise think, i you get me

I thought that if this part of the mind can be understood and emotions etc dealt with properly then it can be put to much better use. If you wanna talk in terms of intelligence, then we could be super intelligent and also have an excellent memory recall.

This part of your post reminds me of what I have read about the triune brain . This is Paul McLean's hypothesis that our brain is actually composed of three separate brains which have evolved, one on top of another, to form the human brain. The oldest brain, at the center, is the reptilian brain, and supposedly holds our deepest oldest animal functions like hunger, regulation of bodily functions, fight-or-flight responses, etc. Built around that is the old mammalian brain, known as the limbic system. It is supposedly the source of emotions, which is why a dog or a cow can be happy or sad but a snake can't. Then found in primates is the "third brain" or cortex, which is the grey yucky shit on the outside and is the home of complex thinking processes. Humans have way more cortex than chimpanzees, which is why we can play guitar and stuff like that.

I have thought for a while that perhaps in meditation, what happens is that we learn to bring the older, more instinctual parts of our brain into better alignment with the newer, more advanced ones. Areas of our consciousness that are normally in dischord (sometimes in direct opposition, like when you want to do something but know you shouldn't), merge instead in a more complete harmony of intuition, empathy, and intelligence. Hence the supergenius feeling you got when you practiced meditation (or ate mushrooms). Anyway, it's just a thought.

Arthur Koestler was interested in the triune brain. He thought that perhaps the human brain is an evolutionary mistake, one more in a long line of life's doomed experiments. The marsupial brain lacks a corpus callosum, which is the bridge that links the right and left hemispheres of the brain. He suggested that in a similar way, maybe the old and new parts of the human brain are not built together as well as they could be, resulting in a kind of inherent insanity that we all suffer from. He thought perhaps the only hope for the human race was some kind of pharmaceutical drug that could "fix" our brains. I wonder if meditation is more of a "do it yourself" kind of approach to rectifying a biological problem...

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: Confusion - Clarity [Re: sunyata]
    #1575720 - 05/25/03 01:03 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

'thinking' about something seems like desperation to remember it.. like its floating away and you have to hold onto it... it actually seems to become more of a physical action of grabbing something with mental hands, and seems to be void of any actuall sincere thought..

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1575727 - 05/25/03 01:11 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

what's clarity? :wink:

we're in some type of fractalesque thing, IMO

Its like the closer I "look" at something, the more I see how much more there is there to look at, and so on.. "pyramids" of thought.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (05/25/03 01:17 AM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Confusion - Clarity [Re: Strumpling]
    #1575836 - 05/25/03 02:26 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Can one be confused about their clarity or even clear about their confusion? I doubt it, but then I doubt my doubt which reaffirms my faith in faith.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: Confusion - Clarity [Re: Swami]
    #1575845 - 05/25/03 02:34 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

lol you got me all tangled dude  :confused: :grin:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

Edited by Strumpling (05/25/03 02:35 AM)

OfflineSole_Worthy
Stranger

Re: Confusion - Clarity [Re: Strumpling]
    #1578589 - 05/26/03 01:58 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

When I say Clarity I spose I mean thinking without any distraction.
This distraction we not be aware of but it is there all the time. Say every time you are scrolling through a post and see my avatar and name, your sub con will be aware of all the posts youve read of mine and any other interaction weve had, as well as the connotations of the avatar and so many many things were are not aware of.

Clarity would be the having crystal clear ration thought with excellent memory recall and a wiser way of thinking, i dunno, im findin it hard to explain actually:P

--------------------

OfflineSole_Worthy
Stranger

Re: Confusion - Clarity [Re: Swami]
    #1578600 - 05/26/03 02:01 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

It's clear that im confused

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1580130 - 05/26/03 11:49 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

ok I see what you mean by "distraction"

On the CD Entheogenic - Entheogenic, on track 4 "Beyond Zero," there's a sample of this lady saying ".. going INside.. cutting off..REALLY.. external stimuli and sort of.. 'mind chatter,' going WAY INside and by doing that its almost like alice falling down the rabbit-hole."

I like how it was called "mind chatter" heh the "distraction"

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract