Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMorphinTime
Tulpa
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Angel Grove
Re: Any INTP's here? [Re: akira_akuma]
    #15785759 - 02/09/12 08:52 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

My results have always been INTP.

There was a game my friends and I used to play freshman year of college.  Whenever you had a conversations with someone you didn't know, you'd try to guess their profile.  Many times the stranger wouldn't know what we were talking about, but when they did, our guesses were generally right or very close.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMr Person
Male User Gallery

Loc: inner circle of fault
Re: Any INTP's here? [Re: All We Perceive]
    #15785808 - 02/09/12 09:01 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

All We Perceive said:
I'm trying to pin down what "extrovert" and "introvert" means.  Simply saying they are all an amorphous "piece of the pie" doesn't describe anything.

As far as Jung and Meyers-Briggs is concerned I think it has to do with where you get your energy.  It's not so much that introverts are shy or don't like being around other people.  They gain energy from solitude and quiet and expend energy dealing with other people.  Vice versa for extroverts.

Anyway fellow INTP here!  In fact my second favorite community on the internet (after The Shroomery) is INTP Central.  Lots and lots of interesting and bizarre conversations to be had there.

OfflineAll We Perceive
Sea Cucumber
Male

Re: Any INTP's here? [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #15785814 - 02/09/12 09:03 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

akira_akuma said:
oh. well, introvert means that your inert processes are being received and functioned from the inside. (mind & heart ie. the metaphysical BS like electrical memory input on the molecular level)

Uhhhhhhhh what the heck is that graph?  The lines aren't even labeled. 

Quote:

BlindSophist said:
I would guess it has to do with vibes and perceived energy and noise. Introverteds like to keep these to a minimum. Lord knows I'm not antisocial, I post on here constantly, but I do notice that when I was hanging out with lots of people all the time, I would absolutely HAVE to get drunk to enjoy myself.

I just have a few close friends these days, and of course the Shroomery, and a fair number of people I keep up with on Facebook. I'm definitely more comfortable in quiet settings by myself or just one to a few other people. At least, comfortable enough not to feel like I have to get shitty. :restless:

I completely agree with this.  The only thing that puzzles me is that I love to fly super high on acid and go to concerts.  Seems like this would be the opposite of the introvert's natural draw towards low stimulus environments.

--------------------

"plus they atually think jambands are good or sumthing, so they clearly know absolutely nothing about music, clearly lol" -Bassfreak

InvisibleSOLID BASTARD
Hella Vampires

Loc: 127.0.0.1
    #15785877 - 02/09/12 09:19 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

BlindSophist said:
I would guess it has to do with vibes and perceived energy and noise. Introverteds like to keep these to a minimum. Lord knows I'm not antisocial, I post on here constantly, but I do notice that when I was hanging out with lots of people all the time, I would absolutely HAVE to get drunk to enjoy myself.

I just have a few close friends these days, and of course the Shroomery, and a fair number of people I keep up with on Facebook. I'm definitely more comfortable in quiet settings by myself or just one to a few other people. At least, comfortable enough not to feel like I have to get shitty. :restless:

I think there's a tendency to characterize introverts as "antisocial", but it's really not the same thing. I'm very social, but being in big group situations where I might not know people well and don't have much/any say in what the group does makes me very uncomfortable and anxious. I'm more easily outgoing and gregarious in everyday situations than at parties. I like to have the ultimate say about what I'm doing next, or to be with few enough people that we can deliberate about it.

This is pretty much me. If I'm drunk, speeding, on a small dose of opiates I'm fine. My main problem is I usually get high on the weekends and when I'm high I go out of my gourd for a bit. I'm cool with a small group of people when I'm sober, but if more than say 10 people are around, I end up listening to multiple conversations and saying very little. It's not like I'm anxious or anything, I think there's just either too much going on, or nothing I deem interesting being discussed.
A lot of my friends would tell me to come out of my shell until they realized I just wasn't capable of finding the mundane worth talking about. Not to sound full of myself, but once they got "on my level" so to speak, they found out I have a lot to say. To me keeping up small talk is pure drudgery.

OfflineAll We Perceive
Sea Cucumber
Male

Re: Any INTP's here? [Re: SOLID BASTARD]
    #15785911 - 02/09/12 09:28 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Completely agree!!  It holds back my meeting new people skill sometimes which is why the booze comes in handy.  "No, I do not care wtf happened on bla bla reality show" is a common thought going through my head in these situations.  I feel like the bar scene just kind of blows so I'm going to try some new non-alcohol focused events which shall be ... interesting.

--------------------

"plus they atually think jambands are good or sumthing, so they clearly know absolutely nothing about music, clearly lol" -Bassfreak

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
    #15785952 - 02/09/12 09:43 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

All We Perceive said:
Completely agree!!  It holds back my meeting new people skill sometimes which is why the booze comes in handy.  "No, I do not care wtf happened on bla bla reality show" is a common thought going through my head in these situations.  I feel like the bar scene just kind of blows so I'm going to try some new non-alcohol focused events which shall be ... interesting.

I've actually never been able to get into the bar scene, but I used to go to raves and house parties with a large group of party-animal friends at least once every weekend, and yes, would get epically, massively wasted, charging around with a handle of E&J. :rofl:

I'm not going to lie though, it was pretty good times. I hope I haven't seen the last of nights like those.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

OfflineAcaterpillar
A little mad...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Down the rabbit hole
    #15785969 - 02/09/12 09:48 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

All We Perceive said:

It's funny, because I'm generally an extrovert, but I'm still constantly having the same thoughts.
I don't follow sports, I don't really watch TV. So it's very hard to casually socialize with people who seem to relate through these mediums.

--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
Re: Any INTP's here? [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #15785977 - 02/09/12 09:49 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

precisely.

Invisibleriverdweller
Misanthropic Voyeur
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon, USA Flag
Re: Any INTP's here? [Re: EvolveShrooms]
    #15785986 - 02/09/12 09:52 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I was an INTJ, that was a neat test.  I can't help but  think anyone who takes this test comes out with a neat-to-read-about answer.

--------------------
I'm still here  :wink:

OfflineAll We Perceive
Sea Cucumber
Male

#15786007 - 02/09/12 09:57 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah sports is a huge problem for me because I find it so fucking boring.  Unfortunately, I go to Florida State so employers ALWAYS ask about it on the interview and I'm like uhhhhhhhhhhhh.  I had to have a friend give me a 5 minute primer on what the fuck is going on with the team. I've even considered looking at ESPN for like 10 minutes a day to know what's going on.  Sucks it has to come to that...

--------------------

OfflineAcaterpillar
A little mad...
Male User Gallery

#15786021 - 02/09/12 10:00 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I think if you're confident and clear about why you don't follow sports, then it would hard to detract from your character.

--------------------
*Cough* *Cough*

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Offlineakira_akuma

#15786030 - 02/09/12 10:01 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

rationalizing makes me swoon. oh jooyyy...

OfflineAll We Perceive
Sea Cucumber
Male

#15786053 - 02/09/12 10:10 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

What that I think they're boring and a general waste of time?  I dunno if that would go over too well.  People who are into sports look at me like I'm nuts when I say I don't watch sports.  :justdontknow:  What is a "legitimate" reason for not liking sports?

--------------------

Offlineakira_akuma

#15786056 - 02/09/12 10:12 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

mayhaps, you fear that the games represent a horror from which mankind hides it's evil ways!1

OfflineAcaterpillar
A little mad...
Male User Gallery

Re: Any INTP's here? [Re: akira_akuma]
    #15786063 - 02/09/12 10:14 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Don't focus on the reason for not liking sports. This will distance you from your peers. Focus on the underlying motivations for spending time doing things other than sports. Human can all relate by emotion, sensation, desire. These are things everyone experiences. You just gotta be able to tie it all up into a neat picture so it seems relative when someone asks you which team you're going for.

--------------------
*Cough* *Cough*

Free sVs!
Female

Re: Any INTP's here? [Re: riverdweller]
    #15786133 - 02/09/12 10:30 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

riverdweller said:
I was an INTJ, that was a neat test.  I can't help but  think anyone who takes this test comes out with a neat-to-read-about answer.

I think that's how this test works. Do you expect one to come back saying you're a douchebag with no redeeming characteristics? :lol:

--------------------
Enlil said:

Invisibleotherwhitemeat
Female User Gallery
Loc: Florida
    #15786163 - 02/09/12 10:40 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

INTP here, consistently since the 80's. 100% on the I, moderate on the N and P, and soft on the T.

teh interwebs was made for us.

OfflineInTiMiDaToRdInO
D1N0
Male User Gallery

Loc: US Flag
Re: Any INTP's here? [Re: otherwhitemeat]
    #15786204 - 02/09/12 10:51 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

ISTP/ISFP

I was mainly ISFP till I started takin 2C-E and smoking weed regularly, now I'm mainly ISTP

--------------------
IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING.:.TRAVEL THE UNIVERSE

Free sVs!
Female

Re: Any INTP's here? [Re: otherwhitemeat]
    #15786237 - 02/09/12 11:01 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

latherdome said:
teh interwebs was made for us.

The IN-types? Seems so.

--------------------
Enlil said:

Invisibleotherwhitemeat
Female User Gallery
Loc: Florida
    #15786259 - 02/09/12 11:08 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

NTs, but especially INTs

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order