Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
Nikola Tesla * 1
    #4622066 - 09/05/05 10:21 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

What a unique man this was.

His science was a religion of its own to him. He was really considered wierd by everyone around him, cause he preached a lot about the future of mankind, and was never really what others considered to be "realistic" and "grounded". He used to consider his inventions not machines, but miracles of man and nature, defeat of man over nature.
All his work was directed toward mankind. Of course that caused lots of laughts at that time, but he never really wanted any money for himself, all the funds he got from various people he spent into his experiments, so in the end he was surrounded metal and machines, but was very poor regarding his lifestyle.
He also didn't care much for prises and glory, he refused a nobel prise and some other prises.

What is most interesting about him are his famous moments of enlightenment, he used to have these lose ideas in his head (like when he was about to invent his famous motor) like dreams, that he couldn't express or put into place, and suddenly he had these flashes of enlightenment where it all fell into place, so he'd kneel down in extasy, and draw his motor in the sand, and that was IT.
He never had any drawins of things he did, all was in his head, and all came into his head like visions.

He also didn't have a woman in his life, because he thought a scientist and inventor can not devote himself to the family, because he has a responsibility to the mankind.

His predictions was so accurate, that it's almost scairy. He used to talk about radio controled spacecraft (that we make today), about electronic communication that would erase all boarders in the world (which is true, the only difference between me and you on this forum is that I go to sleep at a different time) about electronic worlds (virtual realities are everydays stuff now) etc.

He also did some creazy shit, millions of volts of electricity sent through the ground to the other side of globe, echoed back etc. etc.
He even burnt once a local power plant because the generators were overwhelment by his use of electricity.

Anyway, a trully religious figure this man was, but in religion of science.
He died at 87, had a long and fruitfull life.

I am amazed at how this man was imune to all his greedy, violent, dark human sides that we all are fighting. It's like he was an alien or something. Really an inspiration to anyone seeking for knowledge and enlightenment.

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Nikola Tesla [Re: OldWoodSpecter] * 1
    #4622385 - 09/05/05 12:28 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Some people are inserted (or insert themselves) into the evolutionary scale from the future with certain soul memories intact.. they cast themselves from a higher dimension and plunge into the abyss to momentarily lose consciousness of the divine. They use their knowledge to influence the course of human evolution in such that is the way. Jesus was an alien. I, am probably an alien. Dolphins are aliens too. Reincarnationally speaking there are many different soul origins for any given planet at any time.

--------------------

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
Re: Nikola Tesla [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #4622408 - 09/05/05 12:32 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I saw an interesting show on TV where these guys built a huge tesla coil on top of a tower. I think it had 10,000,000 volts at full power. They built the coil out of stainless steel tubing. It was impressive to see 50 feet "lightning" bolts going all over. One of the guys got up on the tower and inside the coil with the thing on. No problem unless you stumble and accidentally touch the coil which would be a quick death.

Tesla was an amazing inventor.

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Re: Nikola Tesla [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #4622644 - 09/05/05 01:34 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

LunarEclipse said:
I saw an interesting show on TV where these guys built a huge tesla coil on top of a tower.  I think it had 10,000,000 volts at full power.  They built the coil out of stainless steel tubing.  It was impressive to see 50 feet "lightning" bolts going all over.  One of the guys got up on the tower and inside the coil with the thing on.  No problem unless you stumble and accidentally touch the coil which would be a quick death. 

Tesla was an amazing inventor.

yea that was the experiment that burned the generators in the local power plant  :crazy:

can you imagine that? turning on an oversized fruit blender and getting a call from the power plant to turn it of cause their generators are burning :lol:

--------------------

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Re: Nikola Tesla [Re: Shroomism]
    #4622657 - 09/05/05 01:40 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
Some people are inserted (or insert themselves) into the evolutionary scale from the future with certain soul memories intact.. they cast themselves from a higher dimension and plunge into the abyss to momentarily lose consciousness of the divine. They use their knowledge to influence the course of human evolution in such that is the way. Jesus was an alien.  I, am probably an alien. Dolphins are aliens too. Reincarnationally speaking there are many different soul origins for any given planet at any time.

that sure sounds good, hope you are right for the sake of us all  :wink:

--------------------

OfflineRagnor
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Nikola Tesla [Re: Shroomism]
    #15769892 - 02/06/12 06:31 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Yes, I'm digging up an old thread, hope nobody minds too much. I happened upon this thread in my research of Nikola Tesla.

I couldn't manage to quote what I wanted too but it's a short thread right now SO, just read the previous posts.

Firstly Nikola Tesla did not desire to Conquer or defeat nature. He saw that the path of man was destructive in it's means to conquer nature. He diligently sought to find a method in harmony (in resonance if you will)
with nature, to unlimited energy to the world in a manner in tune with nature.

Secondly It should be noted the the manner in which the power generators in the Colorado dam where damaged was from excessive voltage back feeding to the power plant itself. Not as the result of a draw but of an overpressure.
(Tesla rebuilt the generators "in a manner to avoid this in the future.") I believe he said.

Lastly who we are and how we got here, those of us that have seen the beginning, I still do not know. Though I have seen the moments before my birth and as a child recounted many things. I do not remember why I came. Just that I did because someone needed help by someone like me.

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
Re: Nikola Tesla [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #15769964 - 02/06/12 06:47 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

that sure sounds good, hope you are right for the sake of us all 

Yeah, Shroomism never got a thing wrong and knows the secrets of the universe. :bowdown:

--------------------

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Re: Nikola Tesla [Re: Ragnor]
    #15769968 - 02/06/12 06:48 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Ragnor said:
Yes, I'm digging up an old thread, hope nobody minds too much. I happened upon this thread in my research of Nikola Tesla.

I couldn't manage to quote what I wanted too but it's a short thread right now SO, just read the previous posts.

Firstly Nikola Tesla did not desire to Conquer or defeat nature. He saw that the path of man was destructive in it's means to conquer nature. He diligently sought to find a method in harmony (in resonance if you will)
with nature, to unlimited energy to the world in a manner in tune with nature.

Secondly It should be noted the the manner in which the power generators in the Colorado dam where damaged was from excessive voltage back feeding to the power plant itself. Not as the result of a draw but of an overpressure.
(Tesla rebuilt the generators "in a manner to avoid this in the future.") I believe he said.

Lastly who we are and how we got here, those of us that have seen the beginning, I still do not know. Though I have seen the moments before my birth and as a child recounted many things. I do not remember why I came. Just that I did because someone needed help by someone like me.

:blah:

--------------------

Offlinetempusvita
PLATONIC
Male
Re: Nikola Tesla [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #15770114 - 02/06/12 07:18 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Nikola Tesla was a damn fool.  The Gary Kildal/Xerox PARC of his age.

--------------------
People who have helped me: VicariousGreg , Garfelt , occollegeboi , psilocybinjunkie , PrimalSoup

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Re: Nikola Tesla [Re: tempusvita]
    #15770231 - 02/06/12 07:39 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

He was a brilliant inventor who went mad late in life, not a Saviour to all mankind.

The end.

--------------------

Offlinerobbye
Stranger

#15770316 - 02/06/12 07:51 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

tempusvita said:
Nikola Tesla was a damn fool.  The Gary Kildal/Xerox PARC of his age.

TESLA a FOOL?!  :dumbass:

Offlinejammin
MN Adopted
Male

Loc: Missourah
Re: Nikola Tesla [Re: robbye]
    #15770355 - 02/06/12 07:56 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I went to the Tesla museum in Belgrade, Serbia and I was amazed. He was the true inventor of the lightbulb and the radio. Edison was nothing compared to Tesla. He was a true visionary, but everyone thought he was just crazy. A few decades later, his so-called "crazy inventions" became a reality, but without his name on the patent. :facepalm:

Zivot Tesla e Srbija!!!!

--------------------

And when I see you coming down the line
    With eyes wide open
    Somewhere in between the past and future
    Where you drift in time
    And you can see a different point of view

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
    #15770895 - 02/06/12 09:26 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Nikola Tesla was a damn fool.

Tesla was no fool.

He worked out a way to apply the the mathematical circular functions to engineer a working AC power distribution system still used today. Before he developed the math that right now is powering your computer, real fools like Edison who couldn't understand the high-school trigonometry required to understand Tesla's work championed DC. Edison insisted that the only way to distribute electricity was with DC (because DC is mathematically very simple and that's all he could understand). But DC required copper wires a meter thick. The cost of the copper alone rendered such a naive electrical system completely unworkable.

Tesla figured out the math required to use AC such that enormous amounts of electrical power could be carried by wires only a few millimeters thick. Meanwhile, his contemporaries, like Edison, were struggling to understand simple DC Ohm's Law.

It's too bad Tesla went nuts later in life. Who knows what other things he might have invented otherwise.

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Re: Nikola Tesla [Re: Diploid] * 1
    #15771022 - 02/06/12 09:50 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

It's too bad Tesla went nuts later in life. Who knows what other things he might have invented otherwise.

True. We could have had The Snuggie for 100 years already.

--------------------

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Re: Nikola Tesla [Re: jammin]
    #15771031 - 02/06/12 09:51 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Zivot Tesla e Srbija!!!!

Am I correct in assuming you are Serbian? If so, why do you attempt to get some credit for his accomplishments?

--------------------

InvisiblezZZz
jesus
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Nikola Tesla [Re: Diploid]
    #15771057 - 02/06/12 09:56 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

i wonder if the high voltage electricity he was always surrounded by had anything to do with his unique intelligence.

--------------------
https://discord.gg/NHHd5y2Uyv

Offlinetempusvita
PLATONIC
Male
Re: Nikola Tesla [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #15771111 - 02/06/12 10:03 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
Quote:

Zivot Tesla e Srbija!!!!

Am I correct in assuming you are Serbian? If so, why do you attempt to get some credit for his accomplishments?

This is a big problem with Serbians.  And Greeks.  Don't ever make the mistake of telling a Greek Alexander the Great was Macedonian.

Quote:

He worked out a way to apply the the mathematical circular functions to engineer a working AC power distribution system still used today. Before he developed the math that right now is powering your computer, real fools like Edison who couldn't understand the high-school trigonometry required to understand Tesla's work. He insisted that the only way to distribute electricity was with DC (because DC is mathematically very simple and that's all he could understand). But DC required copper wires a meter thick. The cost of the copper alone rendered such a naive electrical system completely unworkable.

Tesla figured out the math required to use AC such that enormous amounts of electrical power could be carried by wires only a few millimeters thick. Meanwhile, his contemporaries, like Edison, were struggling to understand simple DC Ohm's Law.

I know his accomplishments.  What I think he is a fool for is because most people have no idea who he is.  Edison out manuevered him.  Had he shown more tact he could have graced us with more inventions derived from his popularity and the funding that followed it.  I know it wasn't his expertise, but damn....Shows how important deft exploitation is.  Gary kildall is very similar.

--------------------
People who have helped me: VicariousGreg , Garfelt , occollegeboi , psilocybinjunkie , PrimalSoup

InvisibleDieCommie

#15771255 - 02/06/12 10:39 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Diploid said:
Tesla figured out the math required to use AC such that enormous amounts of electrical power could be carried by wires only a few millimeters thick.

What math did he figure out?

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: Nikola Tesla [Re: DieCommie]
    #15771561 - 02/06/12 11:57 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

More accurately stated, he figured out how to apply the math.

For example, he figured out how to use the circular functions to describe how a capacitor changes the phase relationship between voltage and current and how these principles can be applied to the engineering of an AC electric motor. Without this math, you can't design AC motors. That's also why many electric motors like those used in air conditioners and refrigerators need a capacitor somewhere in the circuit.

This was one of Edison's big stumbling blocks. He couldn't grasp how an AC source could possibly make an electric motor turn. DC motors are simple and intuitive, but they just sit there and quiver instead of turn when powered by AC.

Tesla applied the circular functions to invent the AC induction motor. Without this invention, AC would never have become a commercial success because just about the only thing DC is good for is lighting. Tesla's AC motor made all the difference because of it's utility in all sorts of industry.

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

InvisibleDieCommie

#15775431 - 02/07/12 06:35 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

By circular functions I take it that you mean the complex plane and the unit circle that lies on it?  Is Tesla the one to blame for engineers use of 'jmaginary' numbers then?  :smile:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom