Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Feedback Regarding Quick-Reply
    #1485086 - 04/23/03 01:23 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

When somebody uses the quick-reply, the post that is created automatically makes itself a reply to the last person that posted on that thread..

Is it possible to make it just say "Quick-Reply" or something instead of "Re: Strumpling?"

Just a thought :smile: No big deal

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

Re: Feedback Regarding Quick-Reply [Re: Strumpling]
    #1485145 - 04/23/03 02:11 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

i think that is dependant on the software. try to contact the infopop u.b.b.threads people. i think they may have a forum too.

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

InvisibleCaptain Jack
i [heart] you

Re: Feedback Regarding Quick-Reply [Re: felix]
    #1485611 - 04/23/03 09:48 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

people are getting used to it, i think, so it's gonna work out ok.

--------------------
-
Captain Jack has been hailed as a brilliant scholar, discredited as a brilliant fraud, and mistaken for a much taller man on several occasions.

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Re: Feedback Regarding Quick-Reply [Re: Captain Jack]
    #1496225 - 04/26/03 04:05 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

It still pisses me off, though, so I think they should change it, because it pisses me off.

--------------------

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Feedback Regarding Quick-Reply [Re: Revelation]
    #1496902 - 04/26/03 09:51 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah it should be changed so it says 'quick reply' or even nothing at all.

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: Feedback Regarding Quick-Reply [Re: Thor]
    #1496943 - 04/26/03 10:12 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I agree.  But I don't kno' how to do that.  Yo, matts/3D... where you foo's at? :grin:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1497424 - 04/27/03 06:41 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS! Quick reply SUCKS!

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

Re: Feedback Regarding Quick-Reply [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1499809 - 04/28/03 01:49 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

why?

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Feedback Regarding Quick-Reply [Re: felix]
    #1499992 - 04/28/03 03:56 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

why?

Because people will see a post they wish to reply to, rush to the bottom of the page and quick reply. Then the reply appears to be directed to the last person who posted in the thread rather than the person they wanted to reply to.

This can happen even without quick reply but it seems to happen more with it.

At the very least QR should reply to "All".

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisiblematts
matts

[Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1500076 - 04/28/03 06:36 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

OfflineUser Exists
Lost again

Loc: The sticks
Re: Feedback Regarding Quick-Reply [Re: matts]
    #1500433 - 04/28/03 10:37 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

When using quick reply a person could just specify within the post who they are replying to. Perhaps make it standard to first put the persons name at the top of the post, perhaps in bold lettering, and then the reply.

User Exists- blah blah blah.

Just a thought.

Peace

--------------------
The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious;
it is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of
true art and true science.
-Albert Einstein

Edited by User Exists (04/28/03 10:38 AM)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Feedback Regarding Quick-Reply [Re: matts]
    #1501104 - 04/28/03 03:17 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

You assume people hit the reply button to the specific post they want to reply to. Before quick-reply, I always replied to the LAST post. Most people read the entire post before repying.

That's just silly. It's bad enough when a user does that. There is NO excuse for an Admin to be so sloppy.

--------------------

InvisibleCaptain Jack
i [heart] you

#1501409 - 04/28/03 04:42 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

luvdemshrooms, it is easy to specify who you are replying to. this is an example.

--------------------
-
Captain Jack has been hailed as a brilliant scholar, discredited as a brilliant fraud, and mistaken for a much taller man on several occasions.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1501585 - 04/28/03 05:36 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

CJ, I know it is. I'm capable of doing so. Many do not take the time as they are buffoons.

--------------------

OfflineCultyVader
Dark SporeApprentice

#1502314 - 04/28/03 09:04 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

deleted

Edited by CultyVader (05/01/03 02:49 PM)

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1576630 - 05/25/03 04:30 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

dude why are you suggesting that the quick-reply is so fantastic the way it is?

Sure you can say in your post "hey captain jack.." I am often looking for posts the reply to me, and I wouldn't see that.

Matts, so since YOU used to not used the reply function properly you don't want to fix the quick-reply so we can keep having more of the same problem?

ok then....

I just came back to this thread because I ran into this situation several times today and its getting confusing - its way worse than it was with just the reply links.. because we could at least tell people "hey man reply to the right person" but with quickreply, YOU CAN'T; you're automatically replying to the last post.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

Edited by Strumpling (05/25/03 04:31 PM)

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1576632 - 05/25/03 04:32 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

"people are getting used to it, i think, so it's gonna work out ok."

People have gotten used to having AIDS too my man.

--------------------

Invisiblematts
matts

[Re: Strumpling]
    #1576636 - 05/25/03 04:36 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
    #1576640 - 05/25/03 04:38 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

"people are getting used to it, i think, so it's gonna work out ok."

People have gotten used to having AIDS too my man. 

Ha Ha Ha! :grin:

Yes, Quick Reply sucks! It leads to a lot of confusion, and I've even seen some fights break out because of it. I have no idea why we need it. Everyone always complains about post-whoring, yet this only contributes, and makes things real confusing...

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Feedback Regarding Quick-Reply [Re: Papaver]
    #1576668 - 05/25/03 04:57 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

We don't need it. It was a piss poor idea and should be gotten rid of right away.

IT SUCKS DONKEY DICK!!!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder