Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offline3Mshroom
old hand

Re: Agar w/ h202, any info??
    #15761 - 05/05/00 01:40 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

It might work with tissue procedures but would kill spores. That is if the heat doesn't destroy the peroxide

------------------
Be sure to check out www.3mshrooms.homestead.com for your spore needs

--------------------
Corruptissima republicae, plurimae leges
Illegitumus non carborundum

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Agar w/ h202, any info?? [Re: 3Mshroom]
    #15763 - 05/05/00 01:47 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

It definately kills spores yet enzymes preserve tissue. So unless you rub moldy bread on your agar, you should be fine. I remember something about cooling to a definate temperature or heat would cause the molecules to split. Would this make it a useless vapor?

anyway.......

Ultimate tissue culture in hydrogen peroxide filled pools. I have tissue no needs to worry.

Anonymous

#15764 - 05/05/00 01:51 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

I have a copy of Dr. Wayne's "Peroxide Manual" and will dig it out. He has some great info on that subject. He says you can to tissue, agar to agar and agar to grain transfers with his tek and little worry of contams. The only reason I haven't tried it is I use both a flow hood and HEPA glove box. I will find it in the morning and post his instructions for you.

Peace.

------------------
-ChesterCopperpott-
"Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway."

Anonymous

#15765 - 05/05/00 02:00 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

Yea.. bust some pictures of that glovebox. Did you use a big, ass, clear Sterlite for that? I know you work on a budget. Thats what makes this shit so interesting sometimes. I just built the flow hood, still alittle new to me.

Appreciate the reply

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
    #15766 - 05/05/00 02:04 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, H2O2 agar is the way to go! Everybody should do it. Fuck gloveboxes/hepa etc etc. The shit is amazing. I made a jar in my dirty ass kitchen (and you guys don't know filth til you see my kitchen) and covered it with a paper towel to keep my moldy bread out of it (I've seen some of my bread get so rotten that it got up and walked itself outside cuz it was so dirty in the kitchen!). The agar eventually dried up after about 2 weeks. I had poured it about 1.5 inches deep. No contams at all!

Did you do a search? Everybody should use the search function.

------------------
-From a registered Mad Scientist

"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obiwan Kenobi (also a Mad Scientist tm)

--------------------
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Anonymous

#15767 - 05/05/00 02:31 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

Have you found it necessary to use Listerine prior to innocultion?

How well does mixing agar agar with malt extract(tan) work? I have seen both items at the organic food store, Use this??

Happy 900th

OfflinePlacebo
    #15768 - 05/06/00 06:10 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

Here's the link to my peroxide thread. I really think this tek should be added to the Find/Grow section for all to see.

Anonymous

#15769 - 05/08/00 12:49 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

which malt extract? I was thinkig tan or blonde. I need agar immediately. Info would be awesome.

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
    #15770 - 05/08/00 04:25 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

lightest color malt extract available. Agar agar from a health food store. It's a gelatin substitute and used to thicken gravy. They have it, they just don't know. Untill you start buying it regularly that is. Yes, mix it yourself. Or you can pay a whole lot more and order it premixed from like Fungi Perfecti or Mycelium Fruits.

------------------
-From a registered Mad Scientist

-Jedi Master Obiwan Kenobi (also a Mad Scientist tm)

--------------------
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale