Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
POLICE ON ALERT OVER CARDBOARD BOX HEROIN
    #1576181 - 05/25/03 01:01 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/news/newsfeeds/page.cfm?objectid=12994804&method=full&siteid=86024

POLICE ON ALERT OVER CARDBOARD BOX HEROIN

Norman Silvester Exclusive

CRIMINALS are planning to flood Scotland with heroin by soaking cardboard boxes with the deadly drug.

The scheme has been hatched by criminals to get round the increasingly tight Customs checks at airports and ferry terminals.

Police and Customs officers across Scotland have been put on alert following a warning by the National Criminal Intelligence Service over the heroin shipments from Pakistan.

The Class-A drug is turned into liquid form and saturated into boxes containing items such as electric fans or lighters.

After passing through Customs, the boxes are collected at the airport and taken to a makeshift laboratory - usually a factory unit - where the heroin is squeezed out using industrial presses.

One drugs officer with Strathclyde Police said: "This appears to be a very simple, yet clever, way of smuggling drugs into the country.

"It does not require a great deal of skill or knowledge to remove the heroin from the cardboard and the process only takes a few hours."

No "cardboard box" heroin has been seized in Scotland so far, but last month three members of an English gang were jailed at Birmingham Crown Court for smuggling ?50,000 of heroin in this way

The mastermind, Naseer Ahmed, 35, from Walsall, West Midlands, escaped arrest and is believed to have fled to Pakistan.

Ahmed is said to be the brains behind plans to flood millions of pounds of high-grade heroin into Britain soaked in boxes.

On arrival in the UK, the boxes are soaked in large barrels with a salt solution until the cardboard becomes very soft.

The mushy residue is heroin in a paste form. This is then dried using hot- air machines before being pressed into half-kilo blocks

Although I am not into heroin, I think this was a very clever idea. I wonder what will be tried next.  .  :grin:  motaman   

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: POLICE ON ALERT OVER CARDBOARD BOX HEROIN [Re: motaman]
    #1576742 - 05/25/03 08:03 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

On arrival in the UK, the boxes are soaked in large barrels with a salt solution until the cardboard becomes very soft.

Is this disinformation? I would doubt they would use a 'salt solution' because you would then have to process out the salt. I would think a slightly acidic solution would work much better. Very neat idea.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service