Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf, Kraken Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale, Left Coast Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon Melatonin

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Bowels of Canada
oops... I'm on 15 grams of kratom and just took a sleep aid that has passion flower extract in it
    #15758826 - 02/04/12 04:18 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

passion flower is mild MAOI... MAOI's + kratom is apparently a no no

should I be worried?

the extract is 4X potency, 500 mgs

I'm fairly certain I'll prolly be alright... but i might as well ask just in case

took it about 15 mins ago

I dosed the kratom in 3 cups of tea spaced over about 4-5 hours, finished my last cup about 45 minutes ago...

--------------------
Nothing is true, everything is permissible.

Our laws make law impossible; our liberties destroy all freedom; our property is organized robbery; our morality an impudent hypocrisy; our wisdom is administered by inexperienced or mal-experienced dupes; our power wielded by cowards and weaklings; and our honour false in all its points. I am an enemy of the existing order for good reasons.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineVCbCaEfG6yalzqLiQI
Stranger

Re: oops... I'm on 15 grams of kratom and just took a sleep aid that has passion flower extract in it [Re: LuSiD9]
    #15758842 - 02/04/12 04:29 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

pretty sure youll only rin into trouble with an irreversible MAOI whoch passionflower isnt

dont die ok

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: oops... I'm on 15 grams of kratom and just took a sleep aid that has passion flower extract in it [Re: VCbCaEfG6yalzqLiQI]
    #15758860 - 02/04/12 04:38 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

VCbCaEfG6yalzqLiQI said:
dont die ok

I'll try :sad:

not gonna lie though, I'm feeling fan-fucking-tastic... I've been told there's some synergy with melatonin and kratom... definitely seems to be the case here.

and I'm thinking the passion flower is adding to that.

:aweoverdose:

--------------------

Our laws make law impossible; our liberties destroy all freedom; our property is organized robbery; our morality an impudent hypocrisy; our wisdom is administered by inexperienced or mal-experienced dupes; our power wielded by cowards and weaklings; and our honour false in all its points. I am an enemy of the existing order for good reasons.

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
Re: oops... I'm on 15 grams of kratom and just took a sleep aid that has passion flower extract in it [Re: LuSiD9]
    #15758871 - 02/04/12 04:44 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

I can't give a direct answer to this kind of thing, as everyone is different. Personally, things like passion flower don't even phase me, regardless of what I'm mixing it with. It always gave me the idea of being a very weak MAOI. But everyone is different. Every individual substance or combination effects everyone differently. Tons of info on it in these experience reports.. includes combinations: http://www.erowid.org/experiences/subs/exp_Passion_Flower.shtml

But don't take my experience as gold. Make sure to keep the number to a hospital or poison control handy in case you start feeling wrong.

Generally, we don't like to give out sensitive drug combo advice on the forums, as it is against the rules in some forums and potentially dangerous to both yourself and the site.

I don't like giving out advice regarding combos. I've shut down 100s of threads for this very reason. But, in this case this is the pub.. so I'll vaguely say that if I was in your place I wouldn't worry at all. Worry only adds to anxiety and increased vitals, which definitely doesn't help. I'd say just remain calm and assume the best, but be ready to get help if something goes wrong.

Best of luck, key is to keep your mind straight, which probably won't even be a problem.

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: oops... I'm on 15 grams of kratom and just took a sleep aid that has passion flower extract in it [Re: eris]
    #15758877 - 02/04/12 04:47 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

eris said:
http://www.erowid.org/experiences/subs/exp_Passion_Flower.shtml

yeah that was my first stop before I posted here... couldn't find any kratom + passion flower reports though

--------------------

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: oops... I'm on 15 grams of kratom and just took a sleep aid that has passion flower extract in it [Re: eris]
    #15758901 - 02/04/12 05:01 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

eris said:
so I'll vaguely say that if I was in your place I wouldn't worry at all. Worry only adds to anxiety and increased vitals, which definitely doesn't help. I'd say just remain calm and assume the best, but be ready to get help if something goes wrong.

Best of luck, key is to keep your mind straight, which probably won't even be a problem.

yeah I'm not too worried...

didn't realize there was passion flower in the pills when i took em or I woulda researched it first, then I googled it after I realized and all I saw was kratom + MAOI's = bad news... I know passion flower is a pretty weak MAOI, but I figured I might as well ask about it just in case.

I'm actually feeling more euphoric than I was with just the kratom in my system now...

I wouldn't recommend anyone else try this though  :nono:

--------------------

Invisiblevenetianblinds
cabbage

Loc: Flag
    #15759060 - 02/04/12 07:04 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

is anything psychoactive in kratom a monoamine? if not, then there wont be any "mao's" to "i"

--------------------
How do you know but ev’ry Bird that cuts the airy way,
Is an immense world of delight, clos’d by your senses five?

InvisibleMr. Anderson
πριν από το χρόνο κάποιου
 User Gallery

Loc: Torn between the roots of...
Re: oops... I'm on 15 grams of kratom and just took a sleep aid that has passion flower extract in it [Re: venetianblinds]
    #15759095 - 02/04/12 07:35 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Should change the title of thread to "oops I slipped and fell into the warm jacuzzi of luxary"

Gloryious (;

--------------------

Disclaimer: All posts are completely fictional and or for educational purposes only.

Edited by Mr. Anderson (02/04/12 08:51 PM)

Offlineteamkiller
ghetto drama whore
 User Gallery

Re: oops... I'm on 15 grams of kratom and just took a sleep aid that has passion flower extract in it [Re: Mr. Anderson]
    #15759145 - 02/04/12 08:09 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

wait what? passionflower tea has drugs in it?  I drink that stuff all the time.

is it only like extracts or something?

--------------------

OfflineVCbCaEfG6yalzqLiQI
Stranger

Re: oops... I'm on 15 grams of kratom and just took a sleep aid that has passion flower extract in it [Re: teamkiller]
    #15761437 - 02/04/12 08:05 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

quick lesson

there are TWO MAO enzymes
Quote:

Serotonin, melatonin, norepinephrine, and epinephrine are mainly broken down by MAO-A.
Phenethylamine and benzylamine are mainly broken down by MAO-B.
Both forms break down dopamine, tyramine, and tryptamine equally

so some MAOI are more selective for A over B (and vice versa) and some aren't selective

and some are irreversible, ie they "kill" the enzyme (which is when bad things can happen) and some just block it temporarily and can be overcome with higher concentrations of the competing substrate or simply time

it's mainly the old school pharmaceutical MAOIs which are irreversible, all the modern ones aren't and I don't think many of the alkaloidal ones are either

Quote:

It is important to note that unlike many synthetic pharmaceutical MAOIs such as phenelzine, harmine is reversible and selective meaning it does not have nearly as high a risk for the "cheese syndrome" caused by consuming tyramine-containing foods, which is a risk associated with monoamine oxidase A inhibitors, but not monoamine oxidase B inhibitors.[5]

the more you know! (both quotes from wiki)

OfflineCuriousgeorge22
Mad Man
Male User Gallery

Loc: mommas womb
Re: oops... I'm on 15 grams of kratom and just took a sleep aid that has passion flower extract in it [Re: VCbCaEfG6yalzqLiQI]
    #15761478 - 02/04/12 08:14 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

15 grams seems like a lot

8 grams made me dizzy and sick

--------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off.
Why should I?” - Bob Marley

OfflineDextro
Stranger

#15761492 - 02/04/12 08:19 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

I actually used to take this MAOIs for depression and opiates never killed me. I did throw up about 10 times when I took Dex with it..

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf, Kraken Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale, Left Coast Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon Melatonin

Community >> The Pub