Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Dessicant

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinebeam
best way to store P.subaeruginosa
    #1575757 - 05/25/03 03:23 AM (14 years, 8 days ago)

I have read on this site that fresh is best with subaeruginosa, i have some fresh ones sitting in a jar, they were blue but are starting to go black and i dont think this is a good sign, is it?

i have read a few methods, so would the best way keeping in mind the preservation of potency be the dry it, grind it to powder and store it in a air proof jar?

also are there any sign's to say i should not pick some, because i have seen some different looking ones, that i thought about picking, some big ones with cracks in the cap and are up-turned and a lot darker, growing with younger ones that blue as well, they all turn blue when picked and or bruised

any help would be greatly apprecieated

and if it matters i live in the eastern burbs of melbourne, victoria.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinejimbu
jimbu
Male
Loc: nsw, australia
Re: best way to store P.subaeruginosa [Re: beam]
    #1575807 - 05/25/03 03:59 AM (14 years, 8 days ago)

the best way to store is to dry them... if you're keeping them fresh they should last a week or two in the fridge, but they'll rot after that!

ive not had much experience with dry sub's but i hear they don't lose too much potency when dried, thankfully :smile:

the big ones should be fine, as long as they aren't rotting or maggot filled :smile:

Offlinebeam
Re: best way to store P.subaeruginosa [Re: jimbu]
    #1575808 - 05/25/03 04:03 AM (14 years, 8 days ago)

thanks for the reply, can't remember who said the dry ones loose potency but i definetly read it somewhere.

by the way it isn't in a fridge due to living with parents.

so is the blackness a bad sign?

thanks-

Offlinejimbu
jimbu
Male
Loc: nsw, australia
Re: best way to store P.subaeruginosa [Re: beam]
    #1575863 - 05/25/03 05:10 AM (14 years, 8 days ago)

mmmmmmmm depends.... if it looks/smells like it's rotting, then that's bad :tongue:

try to dry them out...... best way is fan dry for 24 hours, then a few days in a drying chamber..... get some damprid or similar product and make one :smile:

but yes they will lose potency, but it shouldnt be much.... and dry mushrooms which are a little less potent are better than rotten mushrooms :laugh:

if you've got some good patches i spose u can just pick them when u need them :smile:

Offlineganesh
stranger still
Loc: cloud seven
Re: best way to store P.subaeruginosa [Re: jimbu]
    #1580723 - 05/27/03 06:23 AM (14 years, 6 days ago)

Yup.... I'm the same as Jimbu. I fan for about 2-3 days and then put in a jar with some dessicant and it works a treat.

I usually don't take too many risks with rotten mushies as one gave me a fucked stomach for days a little while back because it was rotten. Make sure you are not keeping them in plastic bags and always dry them after you pick them if you arent going to use them with a few days. Generally the black isnt a great sign.
They won't lose too much potency through drying - i havent found any noticeable difference.
Usually when I am picking i won't bother with any that look like they are rotting - ie. bits ripped out, black crap all over them etc.

Offlinebeam
Re: best way to store P.subaeruginosa [Re: ganesh]
    #1580728 - 05/27/03 06:25 AM (14 years, 6 days ago)

thanks, i'm in the process of drying with a light and a black t-shirt over them on top of tissues, and even a few desiccants in the packaging in there as well.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Dessicant

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience