Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineShpongloid
WBS-o-phile

Good People, Hear Me Please!
    #1574940 - 05/24/03 05:32 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I'm an American and like so many other Americans, I live a pretty good life with few worries. I don't have to worry about my next meal or if an immediate relative will die before sunset, but many people do. Great numbers of less fortunate people die around the world from starvation and hunger-related diseases everyday and the amount of people passing on seems to multiply on a monthly basis. I'm sure you all have heard commercials and other advertisements about sponsoring a child for less than $15 a month and more power to you if you've done so, but it gets easier than that... With just one click of your mouse a day you can help feed the needy. These people need our help and I personally think that the individuals on this site have the biggest hearts of all the people I've "met" whether it be online or in person. What I'm asking is that you take 5 seconds of your time to visit the site below and feed the hungry - FOR FREE! I'm eighteen years old and for my whole high school career (which is luckily available to me) I've been trying to figure out what my purpose is here on earth. The thing is, I may never know, but while I'm here I've decided to help others that don't have the benefits I do. Please take the time to click on your mouse or other expensive electronic possessions and give the gift of life to others. You may do so once a day, everyday!

Thank You

Save Lives Now

Edit: please review our age policy. I edited a typo about your age.

--------------------
"...NIDA-supplied marijuana cigarettes weigh approximately .9 grams. A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly 1,500 pounds of marijuana within about fifteen minutes to induce a lethal response."

Edited by Mr_Mushrooms (05/25/03 07:58 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: Good People, Hear Me Please! [Re: Shpongloid]
    #1575168 - 05/24/03 08:04 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

:::*coughSKAM*:::

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Good People, Hear Me Please! [Re: Murex]
    #1575387 - 05/24/03 10:02 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Holy Christ do I feel stupid for opening this thread... [/sucker]

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
    #1575619 - 05/24/03 11:59 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I'm an American and like so many other Americans, I live a pretty good life with few worries

Living in a fantasy land are we?

Im tired of hearing about foregin childeren, i know alot of starving people in a america. All i have to do is walk down the road!

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: Good People, Hear Me Please! [Re: johnnyfive]
    #1575632 - 05/25/03 12:04 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

those starving kids should get a job

OfflineSombie
Moonrock eater

Loc: Stafford, Virginia
Re: Good People, Hear Me Please! [Re: johnnyfive]
    #1575637 - 05/25/03 12:06 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

LMFAO!

you sir are a fool, I work in soup kitchens and I will tell you no one is starving in america (save for children who parents starve them and the elderly who can not get out to get food) We would have to go LOOK for homeless people, and then they would be all "Well what are you having? because they are having Turkey at St. Mary's so I might go there instead"

if you want to see starving people, go to the poor places in Mexico.

--------------------
"America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable." - Hunter S Thompson

Check out Agio

Follow my NFL Blog

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: Good People, Hear Me Please! [Re: Sombie]
    #1575655 - 05/25/03 12:14 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Dude, I eat ramen noodles 4-7 times a fucking week! Other than that, I eat a little bread and a lil of that. I'm starving!

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Edited by Murex (05/25/03 12:16 AM)

OfflineSombie
Moonrock eater

Re: Good People, Hear Me Please! [Re: Murex]
    #1575674 - 05/25/03 12:27 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

haha, I love Ramen noodles.

your not starving, just have a bad diet.

--------------------
"America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable." - Hunter S Thompson

Check out Agio

Follow my NFL Blog

OfflineShpongloid
WBS-o-phile

#1576149 - 05/25/03 10:38 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Wow, don't I feel stupid for taking my time to write this thread. I thought that of all the people I could've told about this site that gives food to hundreds that you might actually take it into consideration. Boy was I wrong. And you think that I'm talking about Americans... hell no! I'm talking about the "poor kids in Mexico" and the diseased children in African nations. Then you go and say those kids should get jobs, what kind of jobs can they get? Oh I know, they can help clean the streets of their dead brothers and sisters! Man, are your hearts made of stone? To think that I may actually get a proper audience out of you. I've tried telling my friends about this, but they are too interested in their magazines and 685 latest trends for the summer and who is going to win the NBA finals. Does it really hurt you that much to click on a link or are you too self-centered. A few seconds, that's all!

Thanks although I don't know what for.

--------------------
"...NIDA-supplied marijuana cigarettes weigh approximately .9 grams. A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly 1,500 pounds of marijuana within about fifteen minutes to induce a lethal response."

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

#1576188 - 05/25/03 11:06 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

its hard to believe your money would be going where they claim it is

OfflineShpongloid
WBS-o-phile

Re: Good People, Hear Me Please! [Re: Grav]
    #1576196 - 05/25/03 11:10 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

It's free... I wouldn't try to persuade you to do something so eagerly if it weren't easy and free. Just visit the site and right there in front it says Click Here.

--------------------

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

#1576202 - 05/25/03 11:12 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

yea, i did that.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1576326 - 05/25/03 12:43 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I did it man - last night and today

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

#1576394 - 05/25/03 01:39 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Good post, and thanks for trying. I'm sure most people didn't take the time to really look at the sight before flaming you.

People, how are they scamming you when they don't ask anything from you? You're only exposure is 2 seconds to click. opefully the sponsors have done their homework since it is their money.

Interestingly enough 30% of the money raised goes to feed hungry people in america.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
How does the site work? Who pays for the food?
The site's sponsors pay for your daily click. The sponsors purchase tiles on the Thank You page for a certain amount of time. The Hunger Site then tabulates the number of people who click during that time frame and bill the sponsor for the appropriate amount. The Hunger Site divides the monies between two leading hunger relief organizations: America's Second Harvest and Mercy Corps.

Back to the top

How do you calculate the amount of food given by visitors' clicks?
Once a day, you can click on the "Give Free Food" button and fund the purchase and distribution of a cup of staple food for a person in need. Each sponsor on the Thank You page pays per click. The amount paid is based on the type and structure of advertising agreement they have with The Hunger Site. The two keys to the success of The Hunger Site are sponsors, and visitors like you. The more sponsors the site has, the more food is given to the hungry with each click. The more visitors who click each day, the greater the total amount of food we give to the hungry. So please remember to click every day. And if you know of an organization that would want to sponsor The Hunger Site, please email us at sponsor@thehungersite.com. In addition to the organization's name, please also include any contact information you have.

Back to the top

How much of the funding from sponsor ads goes to the beneficiary organizations?
All of the money collected from our sponsors for their banner advertisements -- 100% of sponsor banner advertising -- goes to our nonprofit beneficiary organizations. Funds are split between the two beneficiaries with 70% going to fight hunger internationally. The remaining 30% goes to support hunger relief efforts in the United States.

Edited to prevent screen overwidening.

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

Edited by Mr_Mushrooms (05/25/03 07:57 PM)

InvisibleOlgualion
Shaman-In-Training
 User Gallery

Loc: Currently Earth...
    #1576438 - 05/25/03 02:07 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I too was a bit leary when I first saw this thread last night.  I clicked the link and read the information on the page.  It all sounds good and possible.  I just hope that the money is really going where they say it is.  You have a very good heart Shpongloid!  :smile:  Stay that way and don't let other people make you think you can't make a difference.  You can! :smile: 

--------------------
Study the past...
See the future...

OfflineSombie
Moonrock eater

#1576446 - 05/25/03 02:11 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

DUDE! I wasent replying to you, I was replying to Johnny Five, who said that we need to help the people in america first.

I was agreeing with you, and I have clicked the banners on that site.

Fucking christ man...

--------------------

Check out Agio

Follow my NFL Blog

Offlinesoylent_green
The greatEnitsuj
Female

Loc: Ontario
    #1576628 - 05/25/03 04:26 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

i don't know how much i trust internet sites...but i clicked anyways.
i did a 30 hour famin a while back. and raised almost $500 :smile:
and don't feel stupid.
your only trying to help.

--------------------
What fun is it in Nirvana while other beings are suffering?

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
Re: Good People, Hear Me Please! [Re: soylent_green]
    #1576639 - 05/25/03 04:38 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

why doesnt that rainforest site show the canadian rainforest?

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

Edited by atomikfunksoldier (05/25/03 04:39 PM)

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
Re: Good People, Hear Me Please! [Re: Dogomush]
    #1576746 - 05/25/03 06:09 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Is that some sort of crack at me? (im not starving, actually im forunate, right now that is)

I live in houston, this is a very poor place!

I lived in oaklahoma, lots of poor people there, i would hear storys of some awful shit, about abuse, starvation.

I want to state that at one time in my life I WAS A STARVING MOFO. Sure this has nothing to do with the poor childeren in other parts of the world,( i realize they have it worse) but to say that there are NO starving childeren in america, IS BULLSHIT!!!! I lived with some really fucked up people, who would do some fucked up shit, like DEADBOLT (were talking chain and all) the fucking refrigatator. Sometimes they would leave town with it deadbolted. And most of the time the cabinet with canned food, was already eaten up. Shit neighbors witnessed shit like that, and sometimes they felt sorry and would invite us over to there place to eat.

You'd think that such behavior out of parents wasn't acceptable, but no ITS ACCEPTABLE, hell sometimes some people will help my parents out, in the various torchers! (as you can see im still angry about my past, but i really do try to forget or forgive!)

The way i see it is that most of the donations, that most people make to charitys that say there going to feed the hungery in other countrys are usually lining rich pockets, and never get to those countrys. :wink:

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

Edited by johnnyfive (05/25/03 06:34 PM)

Offlinetrippinlizard
gridwalker

Loc: in the shade of the mushr...
    #1576756 - 05/25/03 06:22 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

ha. I've been lied to so many times... TL weeps with insanity.
but i still have hope, and since it looked like i wouldn't be targeted for execution or robbery for clicking, i clicked.

i've seen what money can do, greedy people can go pretty low... :frown:

--------------------
fine. do what you want, but i'm drinking the water.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder