Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Loc: The Land of Oz
2 questions on casing old cakes
    #1575449 - 05/25/03 12:51 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I was wondering can you case cakes that are fruiting already?
My turlte has a cake that has only given 2 shrooms in 2 months... other cakes are fruiting well just one of them is crap.... Reckon he could case it and have a better chance at a high flush?

Also one of the other cakes in the terr. has started to go purple.grey on top - does not seem to be growing and the myc. is strong but the cake has been fruiting for 2 months... rekon it is ok? How and when do you know the cakes are almost dead and can you case after this?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Loc: istanbul
Re: 2 questions on casing old cakes [Re: Luna]
    #1575453 - 05/25/03 12:55 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

>started to go purple.grey on top
i m not sure but maybe contaminate
>rekon it is ok?
use poo to feed it
> How and when do you know the cakes are almost dead and i think hen they finished to flush it is almost dead.
>can you case after this
i think yes

mushroom culture history making ...Mr. Allan is the best .....

crotch rocketsrule!

Re: 2 questions on casing old cakes [Re: fugu]
    #1575486 - 05/25/03 01:15 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

well luna, since you probly cant uderstand much of what fugu said, casing old cakes is fine, and actually works well if you treat it like a newly birthed cake-crumble and case and wait for the myc to colonize through. the purple grey one should definetely be isolated from the rest immediately if nothing else, see what happens, but id bet your life on it that you will have to chuck soon. well, i woul dthink you would be able to tell when they are dead, say you started off with one cake that had 50 g wet first flush, and thenext is 40, the 4 is 15, and the 5th is 1, id say do something else with them, and fill that real estate with something worth while. id recommend to you right now to crumble all your cakes right now-as long as they are still actually producing mushrooms-and case em in a big pan. keep it deep-no more than 8"!-and if your cakes are fresh enough, it will colonize and knit together again. also make the pieces small-marbel sized-as myc will not fruit until it has regenereated itself, and large pieces that have seen light before could pin any way they want to-somethin the foaf had to learn the hard way. any ?'s and you are welcome to pm me.
Jake H

The above statement is fictitious and for entertainment purposes only. I do not use or condone the use of illegal substances, nor do I use or condone the use of legal substances in an illegal manner.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation