Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleZwieback0
Baby Bread
 User Gallery

Inner Res Tek LINK?
    #1574948 - 05/24/03 07:36 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Can someone point me to an inner res tek page? cant find it. In addition anyone that has tried this, what do they think?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinespiritshaper
^_^

Loc: Lost in Space
Re: Inner Res Tek LINK? [Re: Zwieback0]
    #1575050 - 05/24/03 08:45 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

you mean a small reservoir of verm in the middle of a cake? i'm just going to assume thats what you mean and tell you how it's done since i don't beleive there's a tek written up for this.

First:
take an empty syringe and chop the needle off there at the 1 or 2 cc mark. this syringe will be used to make the reservoirs in your jars.

Second:
fill your jars up about 1/2 (if using half pints fill them a little less than 1/2)

Third:
take your syringe from step one and fill it with dry verm, place this in the middle of your jar.

Fourth:
finish filling up the jar with your BRF mix(or whatever you're using).

Fifth:
depress the plunger on the syringe, this will make an almost perfect reservoir of verm in your jar. then patch up where the syringe was at with a little BRFmix(or whatever you're using)

Sixth:
add your dry verm as usual in the last 3/4inch of your jar to keep out contams, then seal and PC

Follow Up:
now once your cakes are colonised and birthed you can use a syringe and inject water directally into the middle of the cake where your verm reservoir is, this will keep them hydrated longer without the need to dunk them. just make sure the needle you're using and the water you're going to be injecting is clean and sterile or you'll most likely introduce a ton of contams you'll never see till it's too late (since you're shooting into the middle of the cake it'll take longer to spot contams because they have to grow from the inside out)

you'll have to play around with this process to get everything "just right" and to your specifications.
if i had a digital camera it would have really helped to simplify the process but since i don't this rough outline will have to do. hopefully this helps and is what you were looking for.

--------------------
----------------------------------

Brilliant ideas, like truffles, are rare, and only possible, given special conditions.

InvisibleZwieback0
Baby Bread
 User Gallery

Re: Inner Res Tek LINK? [Re: spiritshaper]
    #1575132 - 05/24/03 09:41 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

thank you. that did help. I acutally found the procedure on Mycotopia. I just took a pen to the cakes i have already and pushed it through the middle of the cake. The water in my syringe was 1 tsp of honey mixed with 1 pint of stirilzed water. The honey should be good nutrients for the cake.

InvisibleZwieback0
Baby Bread
 User Gallery

#1575157 - 05/24/03 10:00 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Oh oh.!! When I used a sharpie to make hole in the cake but i guess it was too big because the cake split in half. haha . Will the cake be ok?

Offlinespiritshaper
^_^

Loc: Lost in Space
    #1576026 - 05/25/03 10:26 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

lol, glad it helped a little. you could crmuble up the split cake and case it =)

good luck and happy growing :laugh:

--------------------
----------------------------------

Brilliant ideas, like truffles, are rare, and only possible, given special conditions.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation