Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineVegan33
Stranger
Male

Loc: Greece Flag
Newbie Question - How to Calculate the Dosage?
    #15742604 - 01/31/12 12:44 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Hello,

as I'm interested in getting a Trip with Mushrooms I need a Way to Calculate the Right Dosage. I know there is a Calculator on this Site, but the Species I want is not included. So when I only know how much Psilocybin % it contains, is there a way to calculate the right dosage with a Mathematical formula on my own?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTheDrake
Male User Gallery

Re: Newbie Question - How to Calculate the Dosage? [Re: Vegan33]
    #15743032 - 01/31/12 02:37 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

what kind of mushroom are you planning on dosing?
maybe someone here with exp. with that kind,:thumbup: can point you in the right direction.

--------------------

InvisiblePsilosomniac
    #15743084 - 01/31/12 02:49 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Well it all depends on what level you're looking for.  Most people don't really like to use the level 1-5 system, but it can be a useful albeit vague way to gauge doses.

Here's an explanation of all the levels.  If you have a goal in mind, somebody here might be able to give you better dosage advice.  Keep in mind that everybody responds differently, so it's not going to be all that accurate.  The best we can give you is a ballpark estimated dose.

Quote:

Level 1:
This level produces a mild 'stoning' effect, with some visual enhancement (ie. brighter colours etc) Some short term memory anomalies. Left/right brain communication changes causing music to sound 'wider'
Level 2:
Bright colours, and visuals (ie. things start to move and breath) some 2 dimensional patterns become apparent upon shutting eyes. Confused or reminiscent thoughts. Change of short term memory leads to continual distractive thought patterns. Vast increase in creativity becomes apparent as the natural brain filter is bypassed. (*)
Level 3:
Very obvious visuals, everything looking curved and/or warped patterns and kaleidoscopes seen on walls, faces etc. Some mild hallucinations such as rivers flowing in wood grained or 'mother of pearl' surfaces. Closed eye hallucinations become 3 dimensional. There is some confusing of the senses (ie. seeing sounds as colours etc.) Time distortions and `moments of eternity`. Movement at times becomes extremely difficult (too much effort required)
Level 4:
Strong hallucinations, ie objects morphing into other objects. Destruction or multiple splitting of the ego. (Things start talking to you, or you find that you are feeling contradictory things simultaneously) Some loss of reality. Time becomes meaningless. Out of body experiences and esp type phenomena. Blending of the senses.
Level 5:
Total loss of visual connection with reality. The senses cease to function in the normal way. Total loss of ego. Merging with space, other objects or the universe. The loss of reality becomes so severe that it defies explanation. The earlier levels are relatively easy to explain in terms of measureable changes in perception and thought patterns. This level is different in that the actual universe within which things are normally perceived, ceases to exist! Satori enlightenment (and other such labels) (**).

OfflineHarryL
Squnä'am
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State
Re: Newbie Question - How to Calculate the Dosage? [Re: Psilosomniac]
    #15743562 - 01/31/12 04:47 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

What mushroom???

--------------------
Mushroom hunting:  One bad mushroom can ruin your day! Know it or throw it.

OfflineVegan33
Stranger
Male

Re: Newbie Question - How to Calculate the Dosage? [Re: HarryL]
    #15746154 - 02/01/12 06:41 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

For the Following -

Gymnopilus sp.
Panaeolus cinctulus
Panaeolus retirugis
Panaeolus sp.
Psilocybe bohemica

Not at the same time, but I want the right Dosage ( Level 3 ) for everyone of these. It's the List for Greece...

OfflineHarryL
Squnä'am
Male User Gallery

#15746330 - 02/01/12 08:33 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

When you get all of those... Let us know

Pan retirugis and Most pan sp are not active
Pan cinct is variable ... Have to see yourself
Gymnopilus is a genus, need the species To say really
Psilocybe bohemica Are a bit stronger than cubes

--------------------

Edited by HarryL (02/01/12 09:23 AM)

OfflineVegan33
Stranger
Male

#15746477 - 02/01/12 09:16 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Well, that's Bad. Living in a Country where I can otherwise get them only by Order.

Hmm... Psilocybe Bohemica is Active, so what exactly would be the Dosage for a Level 3?

OfflineHarryL
Squnä'am
Male User Gallery

#15746515 - 02/01/12 09:30 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Gymnopilus sp can be active... Bitter though

Since you seem inexperienced... Would use the dose calculator for cubes, take a little off and see how that goes.... If you find some

Surprising that liberty caps don't grow in Greece... But I don't know much about Europe Mushrooms though

You could go to another country to hunt I suppose...

--------------------

OfflineVegan33
Stranger
Male

#15746575 - 02/01/12 09:50 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Liberty Caps only grow in the UK and some more Northern Countries in Europe. I know, these would be the Greatest for a Beginner and very easy to identify. I could do what you said, go to another country to hunt...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies