Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Oils   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAneXA
x0r
Male

Ooooops , mistake
    #15745836 - 02/01/12 04:52 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Yesterday i just received my syringes from one of the sponsors and today i accidentally pushed that piston a little and .3 ml of the liquid got out.
What to do ? I will not use them right now and i didn't open that zip-lock bags that they are in it.Should i open it and clean that mess up ?

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlineundeadninja2
One with courage
Male User Gallery

Loc: somewhere long away and n...
Re: Ooooops , mistake [Re: AneXA]
    #15746055 - 02/01/12 07:30 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

well obviously

OfflineCaptainwow
Cognitive Liberator
Male

Re: Ooooops , mistake [Re: undeadninja2]
    #15746063 - 02/01/12 07:36 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

I am sort of a newbie but I would say put on some rubber gloves, sterilize them then clean up the mess, re-sterilize the bag and needle and the return to its original location...but im just a newbie.

Invisiblescags
Scientific Enthusiast

Loc: northeast
Re: Ooooops , mistake [Re: Captainwow] * 1
    #15746131 - 02/01/12 08:23 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Sounds like you got excited and had a premature inoculation... zing!

If you're super concerned and the needle was packed separately, you can check the tightness of the cap, wipe the syringe down with alcohol, make sure it's dry (no liquid outside or near the cap), and put it in a new bag for storage. Don't go crazy and PC/boil it or anything like that. You can re-wipe and begin normal sterile procedure when you're ready to start your microscopy. If you want to go the extra mile and work on your sterile procedure skills, do it inside a glovebox with all your gear.

I often use and store different syringes for my edible cultures and haven't experienced any issues with similar methods. i hope that helps and that your syringe isn't faulty/leaky. Good luck to you!

--------------------
No posting executed under this name is intended to imply, condone, motivate, facilitate,encourage, and/or assist in any illegal activity. All activities/procedures discussed by me are are intended to be legal, scientific endeavors in hobby mycology, working with only legal cultures/specimens. I am not aware of any criminal intent and/or use of illegal substances in regards to anything discussed. I have no intent to commit, facilitate, or assist a crime by any discussion I view and/or participate in. Don't follow my advice if that is your intent.

OfflineAneXA
x0r
Male

Re: Ooooops , mistake [Re: scags]
    #15746201 - 02/01/12 09:23 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Well , it had the needle put on.As i told before , the leak was like 0.3 ml from the syringe , it's a little liquid inside the needle and also small drops in the bag where the syringe is.
I think i will open it , wipe out everything from there with sanitary alcohol , let it dry and throw the needle ( i have more sterile needles ).

OfflineAaron8001
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #15746219 - 02/01/12 09:35 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

scags said:
Sounds like you got excited and had a premature inoculation... zing!

rofl...cant lie, that made me laugh

--------------------
My Trade List

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. -Einstein

OfflineAneXA
x0r
Male

Re: Ooooops , mistake [Re: Aaron8001]
    #15746250 - 02/01/12 09:53 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

please if you don't stick with the thread then just don't post.

OfflineGalaxie500
Rat Bastard
Male User Gallery

Loc: Down the road from Jesco
    #15746288 - 02/01/12 10:17 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Why throw the needle away? It's fine? You're gonna flame it before you use it anyway. Just clean up the mess and call it good.

--------------------
Tact is for those who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic

OfflineAneXA
x0r
Male

Re: Ooooops , mistake [Re: Galaxie500]
    #15746305 - 02/01/12 10:24 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

well i am thinking if i get the syringe out of the bag it will contaminate or something , i know i am paranoid but i just want to use that syringe after all.

OfflineAaron8001
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

#15746319 - 02/01/12 10:30 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

didnt realize i couldnt comment on what else someone said...my bad...

you have already gotten loads of answers, wipe it down and either put in in a new bag or clean out the other one. there is no need to throw the syringe away over .3ml coming out of the syringe. like galaxie said your going to flame sterilize the needle (which takes care of the liquid inside it) so i dont see what the problem is

--------------------
My Trade List

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. -Einstein

OfflineAaron8001
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

#15746324 - 02/01/12 10:30 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

the syringe will not contaminate from taking it out of the bag. simply wipe down with alcohol and place in a new bag

--------------------
My Trade List

OfflineNevin
Deceiver
Male

#15746331 - 02/01/12 10:33 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

I keep my syringes out of bags all the time... But hey, that is just me.

--------------------
"A lesson without pain is meaningless, for you cannot gain something without sacrificing something else in return"

OfflineBugler Boy
Cultivar

Loc: In your head
    #15746337 - 02/01/12 10:34 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Just make sure you don't pull the plunger back, you will pull non sterile air into the syringe. If you do pull it back however make sure the needle tip is in a flame when you do.

And it should be fine, it was just an open needle? No plastic cap covering the needle?

--------------------
The mushroom speaks: '"I am old, older than thought in your species, which is itself fifty times older than your history. Though I have been on earth for ages I am from the stars. My home is no one planet, for many worlds scattered through the shining disc of the galaxy have conditions which allow my spores an opportunity for life... How the hypercommunication mode operates is a secret which will not be lightly given to man. But the means should be obvious: it is the occurrence of psilocybin and psilocin in the biosynthetic pathways of my living body that opens for me and my symbiots the vision screens to many worlds"

OfflineNevin
Deceiver
Male

Re: Ooooops , mistake [Re: Bugler Boy]
    #15746371 - 02/01/12 10:44 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Bugler Boy said:
Just make sure you don't pull the plunger back, you will pull non sterile air into the syringe. If you do pull it back however make sure the needle tip is in a flame when you do.

And it should be fine, it was just an open needle? No plastic cap covering the needle?

I think he means that the safety (the plastic piece that protects the needle) has some of the fluid in it.
But, who knows.

--------------------
"A lesson without pain is meaningless, for you cannot gain something without sacrificing something else in return"

OfflineAneXA
x0r
Male

Re: Ooooops , mistake [Re: Nevin]
    #15746396 - 02/01/12 10:50 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Yes the plastic cap was on it , i didn't express myself really well.But there are tiny drops in the plastic cap also tiny drops ( of fluid ) in the bag.

OfflineChez man
Mycofan
Male

Loc: Midwest
    #15746417 - 02/01/12 10:55 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Just leave it alone until you're ready to use it.....a few drops in the cap won't hurt anything.

--------------------
http://www.hedweb.com/hedab.htm

OfflineGalaxie500
Rat Bastard
Male User Gallery

Loc: Down the road from Jesco
    #15746426 - 02/01/12 10:57 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

It's not really gonna hurt anything, flaming it takes care of any possible contaminates quick. I'm sure if I checked my syringes a couple have some drops in the caps, it's not really something to concern yourself with too much.

If you're really worried, boil a little water and throw the cap in there, let it sit for a few minutes. You'll be golden to reuse it.

Toss the bag and use something new... The place I order my spores from has these little mailer boxes, I just wrap my partials up in plastic wrap and throw them in there and stash it in the fridge.

--------------------
Tact is for those who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic

Edited by Galaxie500 (02/01/12 10:58 AM)

OfflineAneXA
x0r
Male

#15746437 - 02/01/12 11:01 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Thank you so much for your fast response, all of you , i will just leave it as it is and when i will use it i will flame sterilize the needle.
Thanks again.

Invisiblescags
Scientific Enthusiast

Loc: northeast
    #15746540 - 02/01/12 11:42 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

WIth any luck you won't have bacteria make it's way into the syringe.

And try to relax in regards to the occasional side posting-- It's not like Aaron8001 hijacked your thread. He was just laughing it up. It's good to have a little fun and not take things too seriously. Besides, it totally made my day that such a lame joke was well received.

cheers!

--------------------
No posting executed under this name is intended to imply, condone, motivate, facilitate,encourage, and/or assist in any illegal activity. All activities/procedures discussed by me are are intended to be legal, scientific endeavors in hobby mycology, working with only legal cultures/specimens. I am not aware of any criminal intent and/or use of illegal substances in regards to anything discussed. I have no intent to commit, facilitate, or assist a crime by any discussion I view and/or participate in. Don't follow my advice if that is your intent.

OfflineIcesyn
Trust My Words
Male User Gallery

#15746551 - 02/01/12 11:44 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

As long as you didn't suck up any non sterile air, you should be good.

Idk who you purchased those off of, but so far my sponsor purchases came with a syringe cap so this doesn't happen.

You didn't lose much anyways. Good luck to you!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Oils   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale