Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineEnvix
Avoidant Disorder
 User Gallery


Registered: 11/04/08
Posts: 18,203
Last seen: 1 month, 22 days
Re: Joe Rogan [Re: Muufokfok]
    #15739606 - 01/30/12 08:48 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

i don't think he's funny and i never laugh at any of his "jokes"

but i do think he has great ideas, is very smart and open minded (but realistic), and is just overall a great linguist. he has a talent for making his thoughts into words and expressing them fluently and enthusiastically

i'm pro-joe


--------------------
knock a hoe out this dimension
continue my ascension
-bhad bhabie




Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Onlinemorrowasted
Male User Gallery


Registered: 10/30/09
Posts: 26,358
Last seen: 6 minutes, 58 seconds
Re: Joe Rogan [Re: Envix]
    #15739696 - 01/30/12 09:08 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Envix said:
i don't think he's funny and i never laugh at any of his "jokes"

but i do think he has great ideas, is very smart and open minded (but realistic), and is just overall a great linguist. he has a talent for making his thoughts into words and expressing them fluently and enthusiastically

i'm pro-joe



envix where you been bro


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlineclemens
Lover
 User Gallery


Registered: 10/22/06
Posts: 4,303
Last seen: 5 years, 10 months
Re: Joe Rogan [Re: Envix]
    #15739728 - 01/30/12 09:13 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Joe Rogan spreads a shit ton of misinformation about DMT and psychedelics. No one knows for sure if DMT is the cause of dreaming, i don't think it is the CAUSE of dreaming at all. No one knows for sure if DMT is produced by the pineal gland, its not a fact its a theory.

Joe Rogan rips off terence mckenna and butchers rick strassman's book, DMT the spirit molecule. I love Terence and I love Strassman but Joe Rogan needs to re educate himself before he tries explaining what DMT is.

I don't hate joe, but he needs to tighten up. Lets not get the masses doing DMT and taking mushrooms in isolation tanks. We need to carefully distribute psychedelics to the intelligent and not to who ever wants to see what its about. That was tim leary's approach and it failed in a lot of ways. Aldous Huxley's approach was more along the lines of what im talking about.

Also Joe Rogan doesn't sound like a mystic at all, he doesn't really contribute anything to the investigation of the psychedelic realm. He just promotes the journey but he isn't mapping hyperspace as far as I can tell.



--------------------

Take it easy dude, but take it!


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlineunderfliptown
I suck and you should kill me


Registered: 03/07/11
Posts: 14,344
Last seen: 5 years, 11 months
Re: Joe Rogan [Re: morrowasted]
    #15739750 - 01/30/12 09:17 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

lol look how he handles this crazy bitch!



:ilold:

His henchmen are kinda annoying though.


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlineegodeathflux
Guttersnipe
Male User Gallery

Registered: 02/02/10
Posts: 3,854
Loc: The Stygian Pits Flag
Last seen: 2 years, 7 months
Re: Joe Rogan [Re: 4runner]
    #15739853 - 01/30/12 09:34 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

anunnakian said:
Quote:

egodeathflux said:
How is that statement silly?

You think men beating each other nearly to death (for MONEY!!) is something you would appreciate on psychs?




No one is getting beaten, "nearly to death".
Would I watch fight on psychedelics, maybe, would I actively choose to, no.

What's your point, "appreciate on psychs", do you think Joe is all fucked up on DMT or Mushrooms when he is doing the broadcast.






I think anyone with 30 secs, an internet connection and more ambition than me could find any number of accounts of MMA fighters dieing or being put into a coma, crippled, paralysed etc.

I have watched the occasional fight at a bar but it's not something I get off on. Got way more respect for the guys who ride in Le Tour, Vuelta, Giro etc, they are true athletes and they don't hurt people for money and ego masturbation.

And no I never in any way whatsoever implied that I thought Rogan was high while doing his shows. Never seen his shows except the odd bit of "stand-up" and a bit of the UFC stuff. Read a little about him and seen Spirit Molecule and various other things he features in.


--------------------

"Atrophic interludes weave through my life far too often, for me to fight the biggest enemies"




"Standing on the corner of 5th and Vermouth"



Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlineshroomie_glen
RedHotPussyLiquor
Male User Gallery


Registered: 03/01/06
Posts: 4,296
Loc: Narf Carolina Flag
Last seen: 8 years, 8 months
Re: Joe Rogan [Re: underfliptown] * 1
    #15739932 - 01/30/12 09:48 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

I'm pro-joe, but I do kinda think he is a D-bag...:shrug:


--------------------

No. No, man. Shit, no man.  I believe you'd get your ass kicked sayin' somethin' like that man.


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlineyoimjohn
Male


Registered: 08/13/11
Posts: 1,287
Loc: terra nova
Last seen: 8 years, 9 months
Re: Joe Rogan [Re: shroomie_glen]
    #15740090 - 01/30/12 10:14 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

this might of been mentioned but besides joe rogans youtube 10 min clip talking about dmt and how the alien told him to just relax and take it in, he semi-hosts a movie on NETFLIX about dmt with other peoples experiences and views on DMT. of course though the people in it are slightly wacky and generally older


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineFrost
Inside a locked room
Male User Gallery

Registered: 02/24/07
Posts: 5,947
Loc: Florida Flag
Last seen: 6 years, 1 month
Re: Joe Rogan [Re: clemens]
    #15740101 - 01/30/12 10:17 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

clemens said:
Joe Rogan spreads a shit ton of misinformation about DMT and psychedelics. No one knows for sure if DMT is the cause of dreaming, i don't think it is the CAUSE of dreaming at all. No one knows for sure if DMT is produced by the pineal gland, its not a fact its a theory.

Joe Rogan rips off terence mckenna and butchers rick strassman's book, DMT the spirit molecule. I love Terence and I love Strassman but Joe Rogan needs to re educate himself before he tries explaining what DMT is.

I don't hate joe, but he needs to tighten up. Lets not get the masses doing DMT and taking mushrooms in isolation tanks. We need to carefully distribute psychedelics to the intelligent and not to who ever wants to see what its about. That was tim leary's approach and it failed in a lot of ways. Aldous Huxley's approach was more along the lines of what im talking about.

Also Joe Rogan doesn't sound like a mystic at all, he doesn't really contribute anything to the investigation of the psychedelic realm. He just promotes the journey but he isn't mapping hyperspace as far as I can tell.






You sound like you're trying too hard.  Tighten up? Come on bro, what does that even mean?

In the below thread Rogan got Strassman to discuss a few things about DMT. It might interest you.

http://forums.joerogan.net/showthread.php?t=44554


--------------------
“I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens.
I've been knocking from the inside.” - Rumi

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” - Carl Sagan


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineShroomey Toons
Shh I farted
Male

Registered: 01/30/12
Posts: 616
Loc: Planet Earf
Last seen: 6 years, 7 months
Re: Joe Rogan [Re: Frost]
    #15740447 - 01/30/12 11:40 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Joe Rogan is entertaining as Bigfoot. Hearing him talk about psychedelics so passionately on his podcast is really comforting for me. I love hearing people who can reach a much larger audience than I ever could share the impact psychedelics have had on them. For me it is like a religion, a sense of coming home. Spending the night in front of a fire place, tripping can really teach you a lot about yourself. He has had positive experiences as well, and I'm glad he shares them weekly.

On a side note, MMA is as cool as Falcor. They're not gladiators forced to fight, they take the risk of injury for monetary gain. How could you dog on people who train and focus so hard on something? There should be respect in that. If it's too brutal for your taste change the channel. If I was tripping I would, but most of the time I'm not, and what? Jon Jones is fighting? Who? On PPV? I got $5 on it!


--------------------


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Invisiblemillzy
Male

Registered: 05/12/10
Posts: 12,276
Re: Joe Rogan [Re: clemens]
    #15740738 - 01/31/12 12:59 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

clemens said:
I don't hate joe, but he needs to tighten up. Lets not get the masses doing DMT and taking mushrooms in isolation tanks. We need to carefully distribute psychedelics to the intelligent and not to who ever wants to see what its about. That was tim leary's approach and it failed in a lot of ways. Aldous Huxley's approach was more along the lines of what im talking about.




i was with you right up to this point. leary and huxley are both out of context now in the sense you are referring to them, as both made their contributions long before the start of the drug war. i agree that leary was instrumental in creating mass hysteria over psychedelics, but the notion of exclusively keeping them for people in the super secret cool club reeks of elitism. who would decide who's good enough for psychedelics anyway? the government? an independent corporate council? the experience that psychedelics offer isn't for everyone, but to paraphrase graham hancock (who admittedly is a little squirrelly but i think he's dead on about this), putting our birthright to have that experience in the hands of anyone outside of ourselves is an infringement on our individual sovereignty.


--------------------
I'm up to my ears in unwritten words. - J.D. Salinger


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinenonduality
Male

Registered: 04/18/11
Posts: 175
Last seen: 4 years, 9 months
Re: Joe Rogan [Re: egodeathflux]
    #15740920 - 01/31/12 01:48 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

egodeathflux said:
To me, anyone who revels in the act of men beating each other nearly to death for money, may have missed the point of pyschs..




Mixed martial arts is not just 'men beating each other nearly to death for money'. Mixed martial arts is about discipline, skill and determination. Also there are way more fatalities in football and boxing than mma. What do you think these guys are, just guys off the street? These are some of the best athletes in the world, people who have devoted their lives to martial arts. I think you may have missed the point of martial arts.


Edited by nonduality (01/31/12 01:52 AM)


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineRazzlesnaps
AgrainOf Infinity in theUniverse
Male


Registered: 04/15/10
Posts: 754
Loc: Killerfornia Flag
Last seen: 3 years, 7 months
Re: Joe Rogan [Re: nonduality]
    #15740979 - 01/31/12 02:01 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

I like joe rogan but I fucking hate his voice... his voice annoys the shit out of me. makes me think less of him its like nails on a chalkboard.


--------------------


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineKinko
Stranger
 User Gallery


Registered: 01/07/11
Posts: 2,970
Last seen: 1 day, 4 hours
Re: Joe Rogan [Re: Razzlesnaps]
    #15741013 - 01/31/12 02:08 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

egodeathflux said:
Quote:

anunnakian said:
Quote:

egodeathflux said:
How is that statement silly?

You think men beating each other nearly to death (for MONEY!!) is something you would appreciate on psychs?




No one is getting beaten, "nearly to death".
Would I watch fight on psychedelics, maybe, would I actively choose to, no.

What's your point, "appreciate on psychs", do you think Joe is all fucked up on DMT or Mushrooms when he is doing the broadcast.






I think anyone with 30 secs, an internet connection and more ambition than me could find any number of accounts of MMA fighters dieing or being put into a coma, crippled, paralysed etc.

I have watched the occasional fight at a bar but it's not something I get off on. Got way more respect for the guys who ride in Le Tour, Vuelta, Giro etc, they are true athletes and they don't hurt people for money and ego masturbation.

And no I never in any way whatsoever implied that I thought Rogan was high while doing his shows. Never seen his shows except the odd bit of "stand-up" and a bit of the UFC stuff. Read a little about him and seen Spirit Molecule and various other things he features in.



cool story bro , mma fighters are not your average joes meaning they can take more punishment with less injuries further mma fighters dont die or go into comas , you are talking out of ur crooked teeth brit, if you are against mma then you should also be against boxing since by stats alone boxers are 10x more likely to suffer a concussion or death by the profession.


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlineegodeathflux
Guttersnipe
Male User Gallery

Registered: 02/02/10
Posts: 3,854
Loc: The Stygian Pits Flag
Last seen: 2 years, 7 months
Re: Joe Rogan [Re: Kinko]
    #15741630 - 01/31/12 08:25 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

I didn't say I liked boxing or football... I didn't in any way imply they don't train hard and aren't in top physical condition, or that they are "some guy off the street".

These conversations are easier if you read the posts before jumping in with an opinion..

http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/06/28/michael-kirkham-dies-following-pro-mma-debut/
http://mmajunkie.com/news/26652/following-risky-move-chicago-area-mma-fighter-paralyzed-in-amateur-bout.mma


That took about 30secs....



Cyclists die too. Not saying any sport is safe, some are based on inflicting injury, most are not.

My point is that these are guys who dedicate their lives to hurting people for money.. Even if both parties are willing, I find it an odd choice of profession.


--------------------

"Atrophic interludes weave through my life far too often, for me to fight the biggest enemies"




"Standing on the corner of 5th and Vermouth"



Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlineyoimjohn
Male


Registered: 08/13/11
Posts: 1,287
Loc: terra nova
Last seen: 8 years, 9 months
Re: Joe Rogan [Re: egodeathflux]
    #15743748 - 01/31/12 07:27 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

joe rogan advertised that bulshit with alpha-male, my friend bought it later to realize that he shouldnt of and joe rogan isnt a life guide..

people need to start reading and doing things for themselves... if people just believe BS like alphamale because a icon says it then thats why our world is going down the toilet, along with aids, herpes, rapist and murderers and naysayers


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinedorfdorf
Stranger

Registered: 01/31/12
Posts: 20
Last seen: 9 years, 5 months
Re: Joe Rogan [Re: yoimjohn]
    #15743869 - 01/31/12 07:58 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Listen to his podcast, and visit another site where he posts.  Good guy imo.


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleBodhi of Ankou
*alternate opinion blocks path*
Other

Registered: 06/02/09
Posts: 24,778
Loc: Soviet Canukistan Flag
Re: Joe Rogan [Re: egodeathflux]
    #15744125 - 01/31/12 08:54 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

egodeathflux said:
Quote:

anunnakian said:
Quote:

egodeathflux said:
How is that statement silly?

You think men beating each other nearly to death (for MONEY!!) is something you would appreciate on psychs?




No one is getting beaten, "nearly to death".
Would I watch fight on psychedelics, maybe, would I actively choose to, no.

What's your point, "appreciate on psychs", do you think Joe is all fucked up on DMT or Mushrooms when he is doing the broadcast.






I think anyone with 30 secs, an internet connection and more ambition than me could find any number of accounts of MMA fighters dieing or being put into a coma, crippled, paralysed etc.

I have watched the occasional fight at a bar but it's not something I get off on. Got way more respect for the guys who ride in Le Tour, Vuelta, Giro etc, they are true athletes and they don't hurt people for money and ego masturbation.

And no I never in any way whatsoever implied that I thought Rogan was high while doing his shows. Never seen his shows except the odd bit of "stand-up" and a bit of the UFC stuff. Read a little about him and seen Spirit Molecule and various other things he features in.



Oh? so by advocating and cheering on people who push themselves on bikes makes you a better person then someone who enjoys watching men pit themselves against each other one on one? sounds like someones enjoys stroking his throbbing ego. since in your own words the former are the "true" atheletes.


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlineegodeathflux
Guttersnipe
Male User Gallery

Registered: 02/02/10
Posts: 3,854
Loc: The Stygian Pits Flag
Last seen: 2 years, 7 months
Re: Joe Rogan [Re: Bodhi of Ankou] * 1
    #15746657 - 02/01/12 12:16 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Oh? so by advocating and cheering on people who push themselves on bikes makes you a better person then someone who enjoys watching men pit themselves against each other one on one? sounds like someones enjoys stroking his throbbing ego. since in your own words the former are the "true" atheletes.





Boy oh boy... People love shoving ideas into one's mouth on this site!! I never implied I was better than anyone. I even said I watch the occasional fight, to me it just seems incongruous with a peaceful, enlightened spirit.

Before you start spewing about tai chi, or Shaolin monks or others who train to fight with a strong spiritual identity; those guys do it for the reasons you all seem to be championing: for purity, self discipline etc. They are not fighting people in a cage for the entertainment of others, for money. Entirely different.

I at no point claimed superiority over anyone. I didn't say anyone was wrong for choosing to do MMA, or watch it. I didn't say they weren't athletes.

However since you wish to debate, pro cyclists are in WAY better condition than any MMA asshole!! FACT. 

Been in a bad mood all week, sorry for being an argumentative bitch the last few days, sometimes it's nice to let off steam by debating. :crazy2:


--------------------

"Atrophic interludes weave through my life far too often, for me to fight the biggest enemies"




"Standing on the corner of 5th and Vermouth"



Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleblewmeanieS
I'm a teapot User Gallery


Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 10/01/06
Posts: 28,981
Loc: Flag
Re: Joe Rogan [Re: ArtieFartie]
    #15746724 - 02/01/12 12:34 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ArtieFartie said:


So, What are your opinions on the guy?



He's a stand up comic that people take way to seriously. His podcast tends to have some pretty decent guests though.


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleJessica Swift
यन्त्र
Female


Registered: 01/13/12
Posts: 1,723
Loc: Flag
Re: Joe Rogan [Re: blewmeanie]
    #15746777 - 02/01/12 12:50 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Psychedelics, are like, totally, the most, like, profound thing ever. And to prove this I think it's so important to quote everyone else's ideas with my super entertaining voice. But, you know, this is, like, totally cool with the psychedelic enthusiasts because it helps spread the message of self-experience to a greater number of people. Word. Now who wants to arm wrestle?


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Joe Rogan On DMT.
MHbound
794 11 07/15/08 01:30 AM
by SgtBob
* Joe Rogan and Michio Kaku discuss Terence Mckenna theories
( 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 all )
Envix 20,825 232 05/11/10 11:50 AM
by Envix
* Why do you think joe rogan is dumb?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
Bill_Oreilly 6,293 159 01/11/15 02:35 AM
by universaltruth
* Joe Rogan Sucks
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
JackofSpades 10,506 118 06/18/10 09:41 PM
by Sophistic Radiance
* Joe Rogan.....Fat pos
( 1 2 3 all )
Almond Flour 2,648 55 08/02/13 01:47 PM
by Legend
* Joe Rogan: The American War Machine
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
AlteredAgain 9,237 149 01/26/11 07:48 PM
by Frost
* Joe Rogan is ignorant moron and animal abusing psycho
( 1 2 3 4 ... 13 14 )
Vajra 7,457 264 09/07/18 03:51 AM
by passifloracaerulea
* Joe Rogan - Wake Up Call - Jordan Arden iSpore 2,490 18 01/21/13 06:07 PM
by iSpore

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
6,319 topic views. 15 members, 21 guests and 52 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Print Topic | ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2021 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.041 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 17 queries.